Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 141 142 143
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-18 00:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yep, but sanguine just does stupid damage. you can get 2-3 60-80k sanguines out in the time it takes you to do one max damage seraph blade depending on how much over 2k tp you have to go to hit 99999 damage. its the only reason i say sanguine wins hands down; just the quantity over quality. that being said seraph can close level1, possibly level 2 (i never cared to find out), and sanguine cannot close skill chains at all (which is both awesome and feelsbad man simultaneously).

Savage wins whenever you are getting full physical damage buffs.

Savage wins whenever you have a controlled SC partner and can do rapid fire SC's over and over again (bonus points if your squeezing in magic bursts).

Sanguine blade wins any time you dont need skill chain damage, and the target isnt resistant to dark damage.

Seraph wins whenever sanguine isnt an option.

TL/DR: Use Sanguine whenever you are solo or in a magic damage focused group. Use savage whenever you are in any kind of zerg.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Epics
Server: Midgardsormr
user: syztems
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-18 01:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

another quesiton- are we suppose to be able to land sleeps easily in dynamis jeuno? even with my new torque im getting resisted a lot or immunobreaks
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-18 01:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Epics said: »
another quesiton- are we suppose to be able to land sleeps easily in dynamis jeuno? even with my new torque im getting resisted a lot or immunobreaks

in Dyna D? it depends on the zone, and depends on the color of the statue you pulled on. in Dyna jeuno, one color renders the goblins immune to sleep, and the other, succeptible. this is true for both waves 1 and 2. wave 3 is impossible to sleep without stymie in my experience. i think in theory you could do it with enough imunobreaks, threnody, and a bunch of buffs/debuffs, but even then i've never seen it done myself.

i usually use Stymie Sabo, manifestation sleep 2 to let my group ignore the last wave of megaboss adds.

Edit: you can also sleep wave 3 pets no problem as a fyi, just the actual volte are resistant.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-07-18 06:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
in Dyna jeuno, one color renders the goblins immune to sleep
They're not immune, just very highly resistant, 1 chironic legs immunobreak + ES sleep or stymie sleepga will sleep them.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2020-07-18 23:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I know how mobs die fast but in some situations or where you have a very good enhancing duration+ set, I had took off all enhancing duration merits and put them into Enfeebling duration+ a while back and it seems like a good decision if you can manage buffs on your party. It does work well for things like /blm sleega
 Asura.Byrne
Server: Asura
By Asura.Byrne 2020-07-19 00:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming Croc/Daybreak, and assuming no resist to either element, Seraph will generally beat sanguine when you have more than about 1600TP in my experience. My sanguine does about 29~31k depending on whether I'm in an escha zone or not--in those situations 1600TP is around where I'd see seraph breaking ahead in damage, perhaps even a little bit before that.
 Caitsith.Kalyna
Server: Caitsith
user: Kalyna
By Caitsith.Kalyna 2020-07-19 01:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How much are your Sanguines and Seraphs hitting for without any buffs from other players nor trusts?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2020-07-19 04:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Blanched Mandragora - Sanguine Blade (any TP) 27582

Blanched Mandragora - Seraph Blade ~1k TP 20538

Blanched Mandragora - Seraph Blade ~1.6k TP 28038

Blanched Mandragora - Seraph Blade ~2k TP 33013

Blanched Mandragora - Seraph Blade @3k TP 44927
 Midgardsormr.Epics
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-19 06:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys mind sharing what you use to Ws sanguine and seraph with? Wondering what stat (int, mind, or mab) I should be focusing on to make a set with what I have

Because from the other posts it sounds like i should be weapon Skilling in my nuke set
By FaeQueenCory 2020-07-19 07:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering what stat (int, mind, or mab) I should be focusing on
Aside from things like Daybreak + Weatherspoon Ring +1 (for Seraph) and Pixie Hairpin +1 + Archon Ring (for Sanguine), there's little reason to "focus on" only 1 thing and 1 thing alone. iLv equipment gives you INT, MND, and MAB in plenty.
(Though there are some pieces that have extra MND over the INT of another with similar or same MAB, you'll want to use that. An example would be Amalric+1 shoes vs Vitiation+2/3 boots. Similar levels of MAB, but Vitiation has more INT and MND, especially in the +3, so winds up being better.)

The only exception would be an ambuscade cape, which should go: MND+30 Macc&Mdmg+20 WSdmg+10% P/DT
[+]
 Caitsith.Kalyna
By Caitsith.Kalyna 2020-07-19 09:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »

Thanks for the numbers /bow
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-19 09:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Kalyna said: »

Thanks for the numbers /bow
Just keep in mind that the majority of normal mobs have +0 MDB unless they're a job that has the Magic Defense Bonus trait. Nearly all NMs have significant innate bonus MDB, so you won't be hitting these kinds of numbers on things that matter unless you have geo and/or cor support.
[+]
By Kenge 2020-07-22 14:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming Croc/Daybreak, and assuming no resist to either element, Seraph will generally beat sanguine when you have more than about 1600TP in my experience. My sanguine does about 29~31k depending on whether I'm in an escha zone or not--in those situations 1600TP is around where I'd see seraph breaking ahead in damage, perhaps even a little bit before that.

Sanguine is still generally better, as if you were able to do the same WS damage without having to wait for 1600 tp to get it, you're going to be better off doing the WS at 1000 tp(Sanguine). Though Seraph Blade I think can still be useful, if your option is to one-shot with Seraph Blade waiting for somewhere between 2k-3k TP, vs killing in two Sanguine Blades(2nd one doing overkill damage). I've been seeing that situation come up pretty frequently in Odyssey solo runs.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2020-07-24 03:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kenge said: »

Sanguine is still generally better, as if you were able to do the same WS damage without having to wait for 1600 tp to get it, you're going to be better off doing the WS at 1000 tp(Sanguine). Though Seraph Blade I think can still be useful, if your option is to one-shot with Seraph Blade waiting for somewhere between 2k-3k TP, vs killing in two Sanguine Blades(2nd one doing overkill damage). I've been seeing that situation come up pretty frequently in Odyssey solo runs.

I wouldn't argue that it isn't, it's just that people like to keep track of these things because of things like Warrior's TP bonus from Warcry and Crystal Blessing. Besides that, holding TP for certain things can be helpful, such as bursting down NIN in dyna before they have the chance to explode.
[+]
 Caitsith.Kalyna
By Caitsith.Kalyna 2020-07-24 13:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For Sanguine/Seraph, which path did you guys take for Amalric Body and Legs? Path A (20 macc, 20 mab) or Path D (25 mab)?
By eeternal 2020-07-24 14:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Marin Staff +1 augmented be close to Grioavolr for enfeebling? its just sometimes I hate dealing with Oseem

Looking at 22 MND.. 22-37 INT.. 55 Macc.. vs 20 MND.. 20-30 Macc.. Enfeebling Skill 10-20..

Seems Marin is better unless i'm missing something
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-07-24 14:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For Sanguine/Seraph, which path did you guys take for Amalric Body and Legs? Path A (20 macc, 20 mab) or Path D (25 mab)?

I took A Path on all my +1 pieces. The extra MAB from D path just didn't seem worth the huge MACC loss when it already feels like I get resisted fairly often. I also can't afford to have a separate Amalric +1 set for nuking/BLU cleaving, ha.
 Sylph.Theodren
Server: Sylph
user: theodren
By Sylph.Theodren 2020-07-24 15:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
Would Marin Staff +1 augmented be close to Grioavolr for enfeebling? its just sometimes I hate dealing with Oseem

Looking at 22 MND.. 22-37 INT.. 55 Macc.. vs 20 MND.. 20-30 Macc.. Enfeebling Skill 10-20..

Seems Marin is better unless i'm missing something

Frazzle III and Distract III potency are tied to enfeebling skill, so you'll want a grio anyway for the skill boost alone.

For other spells, marin might be competitive, but then again so are naegling or maxentius.
[+]
By eeternal 2020-07-24 16:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
 Midgardsormr.Epics
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-26 10:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone mind sharing their seraph / sanguine ws set? Want to see if there's some af I should be upgrading for it. I've got a pixie hairpin +1 from my Corsair set for sanguine but what would I use for seraph?
 Caitsith.Kalyna
By Caitsith.Kalyna 2020-07-26 12:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone mind sharing their seraph / sanguine ws set? Want to see if there's some af I should be upgrading for it. I've got a pixie hairpin +1 from my Corsair set for sanguine but what would I use for seraph?

https://www.ffxiah.com/node/349

Scroll down to the Seraph set.

Can't remember who posted that page, but credits to whomever that page belongs to.
 Midgardsormr.Epics
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-26 12:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

oh dude i so needed that, thanks. looks like i need to get on that almaric set.
 Caitsith.Kalyna
By Caitsith.Kalyna 2020-07-27 03:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind there are a few pieces that are pretty close and can be swapped around.

I haven't see any tests, but Relic +3 feet should be close to Almaric. Relic also doubles down as your enfeeb piece, so 2 birds with 1 stone.

Fotia gorget is about the same as Baetyl with BiS gear. If you have other player MAB buffs, Fotia will start to pull ahead.

A well augmented Merlinic hood is on par with Cait crown.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-07-27 07:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

almaric
Almaric

Amalric*
[+]
By Goursat 2020-07-27 07:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is augmented Cohort Cloak +1 not the better option (compared with Cath Palug Crown + Amalric Doublet +1) for Seraph and Aeolian?
VIP
By Lili 2020-07-27 08:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Goursat said: »
Is augmented Cohort Cloak +1 not the better option (compared with Cath Palug Crown + Amalric Doublet +1) for Seraph and Aeolian?

It isn't, but the difference is small so if you don't have crown/don't want to spend money for Amalric body, you can use Cohort and it's mostly fine.
By Goursat 2020-07-27 08:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you elaborate on why it isn't the better choice? Relevant stats for augmented cloak are:

STR 55, MND 76, INT 76, DEX 55, MACC 110 ~ 120, MAB 100

vs. combined stats for the crown and doublet (path A):

STR 40, MND 64, INT 72, DEX 43, MACC 103, MAB 108

Is there a ballpark sense of MABs value relative to stats modifying Seraph and Aeolian? I'm surprised that the increase in MAB makes up for the shortfall in these stats.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-07-27 10:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you elaborate on why it isn't the better choice? Relevant stats for augmented cloak are:

Is there a ballpark sense of MABs value relative to stats modifying Seraph and Aeolian? I'm surprised that the increase in MAB makes up for the shortfall in these stats.

I think the true comparison should really be done with feet and legs too, because Relic Feet +3 has very similar advantage in stats over Amalric imo:

+13STR, +12MND, +9INT, +12DEX, +23macc vs 7MAB

Relic +3 looks way better, but then all Amalric pieces left are Legs and Body. In this case taking away body is taking away 20mab from the set bonus, not 10.

So then Cohort is:

+15STR, +12MND, +4INT, +12DEX, +7~17macc vs 18MAB
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-27 11:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind there are a few pieces that are pretty close and can be swapped around.

........A well augmented Merlinic hood is on par with Cait crown.

so true. In fact I haven't even bothered going for that damn cat hat because my existing Merlinic Hood beat it, and it was a taupe stone, not some crazy Dark Matter augment.
By Goursat 2020-07-27 11:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I think the true comparison should really be done with feet and legs too, because Relic Feet +3 has very similar advantage in stats over Amalric imo:

+13STR, +12MND, +9INT, +12DEX, +23macc vs 7MAB

Relic +3 looks way better, but then all Amalric pieces left are Legs and Body. In this case taking away body is taking away 20mab from the set bonus, not 10.

So then Cohort is:

+15STR, +12MND, +4INT, +12DEX, +7~17macc vs 18MAB

Thanks for pointing this out. The crown + amalric doublet + relic feet combination seems to win on almost every value when compared with cloak + amalric feet:

DEX 1, INT 5, MACC 3 ~ 13, MAB 1 vs. STR 3
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 141 142 143