2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 141 142 143
By FaeQueenCory 2020-07-03 18:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
When it comes to Aeolian Edge, what attribute stat you gents aim for when it comes to capes. Int or Dex?
INT should be the better mod for Aeolian Edge due to it being both the same potency WSmod as AE's DEX mod and the dSTAT term. Though given that it's ΔINT/2+8, there's not going to be that much of a difference between an INT and DEX cape; so you could save some space with a DEX cape if you absolutely needed to, the INT should still be the technically better one.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-08 09:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

>_>;

thank you se.
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-07-08 09:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That will add with crocea, correct?
By SimonSes 2020-07-08 09:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope it shouldnt (also there is higher augment on Pukulatmuj +1)

Crocea has the same augment and it only works for enspell damage done with Crocea. It should be the same vice versa for Crocea from augment on Puku or Demersal.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-08 10:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
That will add with crocea, correct?

no but with the +ACC, the + Enspell damage, the extra white from swings, and over all TP Generation (it'll still have about a 35% DA Rate even under temper), i believe this will jump into first place for our best offhand for non elemental builds.

Daybreak for offhand for seraph would still win, but i think itll beat daybreak for sanguine spam. itll be a good option to thibiron on harder content where we cant afford the ACC Dip from a non-ilvl weapon. it might even manage to pull ahead of the thib in full buff situations. would take a lot of testing and playing around to know for sure.

i think the thib would still win out in situations where elemental damage is gimped too....

hmmm
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-08 10:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Crocea has the same augment and it only works for enspell damage done with Crocea. It should be the same vice versa for Crocea from augment on Puku or Demersal.

the puku caught my eye as well for the +11 sword spell, and the +150% enspells. might be a viable option for fights where raw enspell damage is needed?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-07-09 00:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

But it doesn't have the same augment. Will need someone to actually test it.

Main hand could have two meanings that you can only access the augment when in main hand which we know and that it also only applies to that hand also and it wasn't just the augment period wouldn't apply if it hadn't been tied to that.

[+]
 Midgardsormr.Epics
Server: Midgardsormr
user: syztems
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-09 02:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Could anyone recommend a non rema sword that isn't the corc 200 mil one? Looking for something I can just main hand to help kill things in stuff like omen. Was considering the demersal degen +1 or getting a colada
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-07-09 02:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Naegling, Kaja Sword, Colada
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Epics
Server: Midgardsormr
user: syztems
By Midgardsormr.Epics 2020-07-09 02:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! What am I looking for on colada? What the guide recommends?

also is there a shield other than the one from omen that I could get in the mean time? Since I'm sub scholar I can't dual wield.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-07-09 08:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Epics said: »
Thanks! What am I looking for on colada? What the guide recommends?

Colada has two options. You can either get +2 Refresh or +4% Enhancing Magic Duration. Go for the Enhancing Magic Duration first.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-09 08:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

But it doesn't have the same augment. Will need someone to actually test it.

Main hand could have two meanings that you can only access the augment when in main hand which we know and that it also only applies to that hand also and it wasn't just the augment period wouldn't apply if it hadn't been tied to that.

thats a really good point- and could be a game changer for these two new unity swords if the restriction of main hand, was also restricting the effect to the main hand as well. would need testing for sure to be safe - cause hoooo booy, and extra 150% Enspels on top of my 500%?? YES PLEASE.
By Hammrtime 2020-07-09 08:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Crocea Mors always just boost main hand sword enhancement dmg? When I first got it, I swear it also boosted the dmg of sub weapon. But I just checked (I haven't used it in months), and yeap, it doesn't boost the sub weapon dmg.
By geigei 2020-07-09 08:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Could anyone recommend a non rema sword that isn't the corc 200 mil one? Looking for something I can just main hand to help kill things in stuff like omen. Was considering the demersal degen +1 or getting a colada
Naegling/ternion +1 for savage spam.
Pukulatmuj +1/Demers. Degen +1 for some ghetto enspell set?
By SimonSes 2020-07-09 08:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
thats a really good point- and could be a game changer for these two new unity swords if the restriction of main hand, was also restricting the effect to the main hand as well. would need testing for sure to be safe - cause hoooo booy, and extra 150% Enspels on top of my 500%?? YES PLEASE.

First of all, I super duper doubt it. It only means augments actually work when its in main hand.

Second off all its already at 700% with composure. Adding another 150% on top of that, would only be 18% increase. So for example 1180 instead of 1000. Not nothing, but for sure nothing crazy either. +11 enspell damage from Puku should work for both hands tho and will give 88 damage to enspell with Crocea if I'm right.
Generally speaking enspell on Crocea is already so high, that diminishing returns are really high. Keep in mind those gains wouldnt actually be that high in comparison to alternatives. You cant buff enspell damage with other OH options, but you can buff frequency of swings. Ternion Dagger for example should add a lot of swings with Crocea because of low delay and 4% TA.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-09 08:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all, I super duper doubt it. It only means augments actually work when its in main hand.

Second off all its already at 700% with composure. Adding another 150% on top of that, would only be 18% increase. So for example 1180 instead of 1000. Not nothing, but for sure nothing crazy either.

its worth pointing out we've never seen this stat not tied to a main hand only augment; clearly theres a variety of it that does enhance all hits by way of either raw damage + or the effect of composure; will just have to get it to know for sure :)
[+]
 Sylph.Theodren
Server: Sylph
user: theodren
By Sylph.Theodren 2020-07-09 09:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How does augmented Ternion +1 fair against Thibron now for savage spam? I'm guessing Thibron still wins, but curious if it's gotten close at all.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-07-09 10:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You cant buff enspell damage with other OH options, but you can buff frequency of swings.

You kind of can with Levante.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-09 10:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Second off all its already at 700% with composure. Adding another 150% on top of that, would only be 18% increase. So for example 1180 instead of 1000.
It's actually at 800% with Composure and Crocea.

However, keep in mind that not all your hits are with Crocea when dual wielding. That stat would only increase main hand enspell damage by 18.75%, but would increase off hand enspell damage by 50%.

It doesn't really matter in this case, though, because the enhancement only applies to that weapon (someone in my linkshell tested Pukulatmuj +1 last night).
[+]
 Leviathan.Kenge
Server: Leviathan
user: Kenge
By Leviathan.Kenge 2020-07-10 00:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The +11 Enspell damage also only applies to the Pukulatmuj. Considering Demersal Degen +1 has the extra swings AND lower delay, , it should practically always win out over the Puku.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2020-07-10 05:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You cant buff enspell damage with other OH options, but you can buff frequency of swings. Ternion Dagger for example should add a lot of swings with Crocea because of low delay and 4% TA.

I'm guessing this is hypothetical and purely for the sake of enspell damage? I'm not sure if it's worth swapping for Ternion vs Tauret for offhand. While Ternion will now have 5 WSD, it is still devoid of Magic Damage and MAB.

I'll admit I haven't tested it, but given that sanguine would hit for around 7.5% lower, I think any potential TP gain and enspell damage may be a moot point.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-10 06:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Naegling/ternion +1 for savage spam.
Pukulatmuj +1/Demers. Degen +1 for some ghetto enspell set?

If you are going for non REM improved WS numbers, then Naegling/Thibron is going to be your best tool for WS stuff like omen etc and beyond. You will have no issues landing swings with distract and the TP bonus will push your damage a lot. Ternion is good alternative but I find myself using that with enspell priority set more (I have crocea), though it's my preferred default option for soloing things like HTBF and other random fights. You can switch between the three sets (above) to suit your needs, but both of those options are non REMA and are going to be useful for what you want you do.

Also, there's nothing stopping you from cheaping out and buying a su4 weapon for enspell as well. Sure it's cheaper than crocea but it still should produce much higher than your other options for a fraction of the cost of crocea and whatever the current price of lustreless hides are
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-07-10 10:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

New odyssey makes a bit of a shakeup in our CDC sets. I know CDC is on the back burner with Savage Blade all the rage, but it's still a useful WS.

ItemSet 367655

I know Relic Body isn't super amazing stat wise, but we lack so much attack it's what I use.

I think this should be pretty close to what we aim for.

I actually don't like begrudging ring so I use Ilabrat ring
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-10 10:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Farewell Imperial Hairpin, we never knew you.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-10 11:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Second off all its already at 700% with composure. Adding another 150% on top of that, would only be 18% increase. So for example 1180 instead of 1000.

However, keep in mind that not all your hits are with Crocea when dual wielding. That stat would only increase main hand enspell damage by 18.75%, but would increase off hand enspell damage by 50%.

It doesn't really matter in this case, though, because the enhancement only applies to that weapon (someone in my linkshell tested Pukulatmuj +1 last night).

Why do people keep forgetting that enspell stuff on weapons only applies to that weapon? It's something we've known about since Enhancing Sword.

Demersal degen +1 in the offhand looks like a very strong candidate, I mean it was already a very strong option but now even more so.

To those who don't already know, this is how the +X% enspell stuff works.

Base: 1.0
Composure: +2.0

Crocea Mors: +5.0 main hand only
Degen: +0.5 whichever hand it's on
Pukulatmuj: +1.5 whichever hand it's on

So Croc/Degen would be 8.0/3.5 for multipliers. If the enspell base damage is 119 that would give us 952/416 before things like Orpheous. Croc/Puku would be 8.0/4.5 with the main having 119 and the off being 130 (not sure of the +11 skill gives us another point of damage) for 952/585. Regular enspell with something like Tern would be 952/357.

I haven't checked in awhile but RDM should have around 40% or so TA after Temper II and likely some small amount of DA, so the Degen ends up being somewhere around +15% multi-attack for the off hand. Not huge but not small either.

I plan on upgrading all three of the offhand options to play around with.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-07-10 12:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kenge said: »
Considering Demersal Degen +1 has the extra swings AND lower delay, , it should practically always win out over the Puku.
I'm not so sure.
With Crocea Mors, your mainhand enspell is getting an 8x multiplier.
Pukulatmuj +1 is giving your offhand enspells 4.5x and a +11 base dmg before the multiplier. (Plus it has 11 enhancing magic skill so as to increase both hand's enspell damage and temper.)
demersal degen +1 is giving your offhand enspells 3.5x with OA2 (45%).
OAX only procs if no other multiattack procs... which means that with our Temper II, that OA2 is giving diminished returns in extra attacks. Which doesn't even get into any QA/TA/DA you may be using in gear on top of Temper. Plus it also is only for the Degen alone.
The difference between 225 and 218 delays are basically none as to not be a factor in comparing the two.

However both of these lack much of any INT or MND (though Pukulatmuj gets 5~15 INT, better than Demersal Degen's 0 of either), no Mdmg, and no MAB at all... gimping Sangiune Blade and Seraph Blade.
So while if one wanted to boost white damage with lots of enspell damage (that wasn't using 1dmg daggers to give 0TP/hit), Pukulatmuj should wind up being the better of the two... but at the cost of a substantially weakened WS damage output.

tldr: There is no other offhand for Crocea Mors but Daybreak.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-10 12:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
However both of these lack much of any INT or MND (though Pukulatmuj gets 5~15 INT, better than Demersal Degen's 0 of either), no Mdmg, and no MAB at all... gimping Sangiune Blade and Seraph Blade.
So while if one wanted to boost white damage with lots of enspell damage (that wasn't using 1dmg daggers to give 0TP/hit), Pukulatmuj should wind up being the better of the two... but at the cost of a substantially weakened WS damage output.

I actually have Degen +1 being the better for combined melee and enspell damage. The 45% OaT is about +15% extra hits, which is +15% extra melee, enspell damage on off hand and about half that for TP gain.

Now for WS, that really depends on situation and target. One person's preferred situation / target won't be the same as the next persons, so it's best to just outline options and let people pick the one that suites their situation. Even with Croc RLB and Seraph are very weak WS's due to stupid low fTP and dStat. MDMG is largely irrelevant to magic weapon skills, especially with something like Croc. Savage with a TP Bonus sword is actually the better WS if situation permits, CDC is a good secondary as it SC's with itself, Evis with Tauret/Tern is pretty brutal.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-10 12:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Leviathan.Kenge said: »
Considering Demersal Degen +1 has the extra swings AND lower delay, , it should practically always win out over the Puku.
I'm not so sure.
With Crocea Mors, your mainhand enspell is getting an 8x multiplier.
Pukulatmuj +1 is giving your offhand enspells 4.5x and a +11 base dmg before the multiplier. (Plus it has 11 enhancing magic skill so as to increase both hand's enspell damage and temper.)
demersal degen +1 is giving your offhand enspells 3.5x with OA2 (45%).
OAX only procs if no other multiattack procs... which means that with our Temper II, that OA2 is giving diminished returns in extra attacks. Which doesn't even get into any QA/TA/DA you may be using in gear on top of Temper. Plus it also is only for the Degen alone.
The difference between 225 and 218 delays are basically none as to not be a factor in comparing the two.

tldr: There is no other offhand for Crocea Mors but Daybreak.

the degen should shake out to be about 28~30% OAT in the offhand even under temper 2; with gear it drops closer to 25% OAT; but it also still gives that 50% to everything. i think about 25% extra TP gain on the offhand for sanguine spam would probably beat out daybreak.
By SimonSes 2020-07-10 12:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Its at 700% bonus. Math I used clearly shows I did 9.5/8 to get that 18% (rounded down) increase.

Semantics :P
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-07-10 13:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

but it also still gives that 50% to everything.
If Pukulatmuj doesn't give its to everything:
Then it's unlikely that Demersal Degen's identical augment would affect the mainhand as well.

And that ~25% OA2 isn't +25% TP gain, it's +25% extra offhand hits.... and even with that phrasing, that's not really correct since it's only ~1:4 chance to have a single extra attack with the offhand, so ~1:4 chance to have a single extra attack's worth of TP. (I'm also just assuming your math is right, as I have no desire to math that probability out atm.)

Whereas Pukulamuj is giving both hands a +1% chance at 2 extra hits per round. (+1% Triple Attack from Temper II)

Though even with that, both should wind up worse offhands than Daybreak. As the utility of always having a 65k WS for any enemy that doesn't resist both light and dark is the main appeal of Daybreak (on top of the 30 MND, 241 Mdmg, 40 MAB, 50 Light Maff) and is likely going to wind up parsing better than having some extra white damage from offhand enspells.

Though if for whatever reason someone really wanted to use one of these two paired to Crocea Mors, Pukulamuj should have the better results.
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 141 142 143