Forum » FFXI » General » Problem with POL
Problem with POL
 Shiva.Metalstrife
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Metalstrife 2009-09-15 13:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

I recently tried to log in and got an error telling me that my POL password or Username was incorrect. But the funny thing is that i logged in yesterday to POL and also can log onto SE Account website (with SE Password). But how could my POL PW be changed when you actually need both your POL + SE password to actually log in to be able to change it on the POL viewer?

Anyone have any ideas?
 Ramuh.Miemo
Server: Ramuh
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-09-15 13:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Metalstrife said:
Hi,

I recently tried to log in and got an error telling me that my POL password or Username was incorrect. But the funny thing is that i logged in yesterday to POL and also can log onto SE Account website (with SE Password). But how could my POL PW be changed when you actually need both your POL + SE password to actually log in to be able to change it on the POL viewer?

Anyone have any ideas?

I had this too for several days. Just log on to your SE Security account and change your password. Worked for me.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-15 13:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I've had a similar issue also. If you just wait for 10-15 minutes, then restart POL, it SHOULD work. That's what worked for me.
 Shiva.Metalstrife
By Shiva.Metalstrife 2009-09-15 13:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, but why do i have to change the SE password when its working fine? its the POL password that is giving me problems, and i see no option of changing your POL password on the SE account page, only able to change SE account Password =<
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-15 14:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you recently create a square enix security account AND/OR activate a security token?

Similar thing happened to me when i linked my accounts to the SE security account, I had to go into my account and turn off the one-time password and reset my password.

GL to you.
 Ramuh.Miemo
Server: Ramuh
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-09-15 14:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

try toss your profile in POL and remake it and make sure all your passwords are correct when you recreate it?
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-09-15 14:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This happened to my fiance a couple of weeks ago,he had to wait about 30 minutes,restart POL and then it let him in with his usual log-in info.
 Shiva.Metalstrife
By Shiva.Metalstrife 2009-09-15 15:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Miemo said:
try toss your profile in POL and remake it and make sure all your passwords are correct when you recreate it?

Tried and failed ; ;,

And i restarted a gazilon times ; ;.
 Shiva.Metalstrife
By Shiva.Metalstrife 2009-09-22 06:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to let you all know, I can log in now just randomly checked it.

Yay.