MS Paint Challenge: Week 10
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-20 21:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Voting Miseko.

I think I say this every week so it might be getting old, but every entry was seriously pretty great this week. lol Both in art and inspiration from movies, I liked'em allll.
 Caitsith.Dryope
Server: Caitsith
user: Dryopae
By Caitsith.Dryope 2009-09-20 21:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we need to make some 2 weeks long. I just couldn't come up with anything lol.
 Asura.Miseko
Server: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2009-09-21 15:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe two weeks would be a good idea. Maybe its just me, but working with paint takes a lot of time, and its hard to find the time to do it.
 Siren.Rainewaters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Rainewaters 2009-09-21 16:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree there. I've been extreamly busy with school so barly any time for ffxi, or drawing what I want.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-21 17:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with 2 weeks is that the thread dies off slowly.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-21 17:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I vote Daus again. Even if voting's closed. >.>
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-09-21 17:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that 2 weeks is too long and the thread will die off...after 2 weeks people will put it off til the last minute and still not get it done >.> so I think 1 week is just fine. Draw less and simpler, stick figures and colorless is fine. I try voting for people who havent won yet. I dont expect to see fancy so I hope people arent overwhelmed and thinking they have to. I do enjoy my mspainting, but I dont want to win again, I just want to participate..all I want is for others to participate and post more no matter how non-amazing it is.

If you cant come up with anything to draw from the topic then thats ok too, I skipped a couple because I couldnt come up with anything either :X
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-21 18:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm loving these new interesting themes :)

Can;t wait for next week.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-21 18:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with a few of the posts above in that while I think the thread does die off slowly, I also think the week should be extended given the pace lately. I think they're kind of dying off anyway as topics and entries are slower to come in the recent contests so I think that's going to be a continual thing whether it's 1 or 2 weeks. I'll put a vote in your paint so you can vote while you paint? D:

Also, addressing the "working with paint" comment, would there be any interest in a literal free-for-all weekly art contest? Not a replacement of MSPaint, but an additional contest. Our community's got huge talent and I can foresee more great fanart if allowed to flex their muscles a little with something outside of Paint. lol
 Kujata.Nanyo
user: Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-09-21 18:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Cai's Idea, (would it be something like, Drawl on whatever you like? Paper Photoshop, MSPaint, or whatever else you can think of?)

Ok First post disapeard So I'm going to be lazy and not type everything again, I agree with 1 week though
 Asura.Miseko
Server: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2009-09-21 19:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I also second Caiyuo's notion. I like the idea of an additional contest. Not that I don't love paint, but its more time consuming then another program.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-21 20:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Nanyo, whatever method you'd want, like even scanned in sketches or photoshop, whatever. I could just move that contest to the Fanart thread I made awhile ago, possibly, but I'd want to think of possible prizes like Petisu does with DA for winners to give incentive. lol If only I had a couch in my Mog House I could do a photoshoot like George Costanza as a reward. D;! Anyone feel free to PM if you have ideas or anything to add, don't want to spam this contest thread up!
 Kujata.Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-09-21 21:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@.@ I'd kind'a like to keep the paint as well, or maybe do a on off week, so that the two threads don't kill eachother, not to mention that would give time for the other person to think up the idea for their next week.

We could possiby do 1 W/E Drawling 1 MSPaint one @.@ Just a thought
 Kujata.Daus
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-09-21 21:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Paints/simple ones like it are program everybody has. You might end up shrinking your audience if you make a new contest thread for "w/e art" (thats its new name w/e drawing/art)

alternating could be cool. I enjoyed mspaint because it was forcing me to be simplistic and if it turned out terrible then I could blame mspaint. I get a bit pooped out and uninspired if I stare at photoshop or open canvas too long..one of the reasons I stopped participating in my other weekly art contests lol.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-21 21:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that's so weird, Daus, I suddenly started hating you just now. lol Kiddinggg. You make good points, though, so I'm not really sure where to go with this nao.

Either way we need to tally the votes and get moving on Week 11, it's almost Tuesday!
 Kujata.Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-09-21 23:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Daus: 2
Miseko: 1
Nanyo: 1
Kynadre: 1
Sheeoni: 2
Sidridus: 1
Foliage: 3

I think this is the final Tally? Correct me if I'm wrong
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-22 07:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I counted 3 votes for Foliage, being the only difference from yours, Nanyo. They just aren't bolded. Unless someone sees differently I believe they are the winnah. I'll give it til around noon, do another recount and then PM Foliage in case he hasn't seen this to notify him of a new thread and topiccc.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-22 07:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Recount later today and announce the winner- and if the person winner isn't on we can default the theme to me :)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-22 07:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

*breaks out k-club* mkay, Ciantiii.
 Kujata.Nanyo
By Kujata.Nanyo 2009-09-22 09:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya >.< You're Right, that's what I get for counting that while so Tired XD
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-22 11:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Foliage wins!

Don't see him on, so PM'ing him and Cianti and I guess whoever makes it here first gets to do the new thread. lol
 Caitsith.Foliage
Server: Caitsith
user: Foliage
By Caitsith.Foliage 2009-09-22 13:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry, just woke up. Posting a new topic now and thanks everyone for voting :)