If YOU Could Be A Developer For The Next Year...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If YOU could be a Developer for the next year...
If YOU could be a Developer for the next year...
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-24 21:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, DNC can use fan dance without really killing their DPS. Generally capped haste situation anyway
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-24 21:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Well, DNC can use fan dance without really killing their DPS. Generally capped haste situation anyway

I think sitting in Fan Dance makes up for roughly Barrier Tusk (maybe a little more DT for DNC?) but you do lose the what, 20% DA from Saber Dance? That's kinda significant.
 Asura.Aikoneko
user: maeko91
By Asura.Aikoneko 2016-08-24 21:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Except if you're not using Saber Dance you lose the increased double attack for increased defense, even in a haste capped situation. And if you aren't haste capped you can't use sambas, so that's a pretty big DPS loss in most situations a DNC would find themselves in.

Edit: Fan dance's DT also decreases with every hit the DNC sustains as well. Unless they're tanking there wouldn't be a reason to sit in Fan Dance in the first place because sitting in FD while attacking from the rear is lost DPS for minimal gains, unlike BLU who loses *nothing* in terms of DPS while essentially being able to tank simultaneously.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-24 21:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I do agree BLU has a lot of utility, but it always had it. Most of the buffs you mention are generally diffusion'd for said fights anyway. So, everyone should have either MG or Magic Barrier for the Gigas. Nerfing MG won't make mages any less bad/lazy lol
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-24 21:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I do agree BLU has a lot of utility, but it always had it. Most of the buffs you mention are generally diffusion'd for said fights anyway. So, everyone should have either MG or Magic Barrier for the Gigas. Nerfing MG won't make mages any less bad/lazy lol

Most? You can use diffusion once every 10 minutes. MG is only AOE for 5min or less fights.

Also, I've said earlier in the thread MG should be AOE baseline. It should be a buff BLU brings to the group, this would allow them to play better with other DD (and make RDM more viable for a group!)

But cocoon should get removed when MG is applied, they don't need stacking defense.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-24 21:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What fight is lasting more than five minutes really now if you're meleeing? Maju? Everything else is under 5
By Afania 2016-08-24 22:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What fight is lasting more than five minutes really now if you're meleeing? Maju? Everything else is under 5

If you do multiple runs without resetting JA.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-24 22:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Maju is under 5 too. But SR with spawn delays can easily be over 5min (especially with people less geared than my group). CP parties are constant, wipes and dispels can occur and don't always get to wait 10min to start the fight again, etc.

Edit: Also any sort of Escha/UNM farming, 50% uptime is bad. Better to bring another BLU instead of some other job then.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-24 22:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you include Ambuscade in that. You always should reset your JAs between fights. Not really disagreeing that BLU has a lot of utility, but I just think people are really over-estimating it a bit when it comes to DPS. It takes a lot of work to be a top tier DD, it is just that what Tru said, the bad BLUs are still okay from the information posted.

No one really says anything about Corsair either as a DD. Corsair can do 30-60k Leadens with 99k darkness, while buffing the pt etc
By Afania 2016-08-24 22:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of which are there any updated spreadsheet for other DPS jobs? I really would like to see dps comparison of blu x2 setup v.s other dps x2 when SC dmg and extra DD bubble are being considered.

This blu v.s the world discussion has been going on for months and it always ended up career blus claiming blu isn't op while everyone else think it does.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-24 22:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you include Ambuscade in that. You always should reset your JAs between fights. Not really disagreeing that BLU has a lot of utility, but I just think people are really over-estimating it a bit when it comes to DPS. It takes a lot of work to be a top tier DD, it is just that what Tru said, the bad BLUs are still okay from the information posted.

No one really says anything about Corsair either as a DD. Corsair can do 30-60k Leadens with 99k darkness, while buffing the pt etc

The main people here claiming BLU is OP aren't doing so because of damage. It's survival and self-haste that's an issue. Why bother with entrust haste from a GEO when you can invite two BLU's and never worry? Now you can entrust something else. That's the big thing with BLU, it is built to exclude the other jobs.

COR has terrible accuracy and you need beyond exceptional gear to even come close to competitive on a lot of content. Leaden can be absurd but some content will laugh at it and you're also getting TP from TP wings and Tact roll, not from being able to actually hit the thing for TP.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-24 22:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cors were just given a decent acc set from Ambuscade if acc is a problem.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-24 22:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cors were just given a decent acc set from Ambuscade if acc is a problem.

COR's had access to more accuracy with proper augmented herc/adhemar+1/carmine+1. Doesn't make up up for things like:

Only MAB sword is of a weapon type COR has 388 skill in, 36 below an A+ like all other melee. No accuracy bonus, best in slot offhand weapon only accuracy+20. My TP gear is almost the same between THF and COR but there's a more than 50 accuracy gap between the two jobs. I'd like to say it's closer to 100 accuracy difference, but not in town to check.

Also Marksmanship is only a 398 cap for COR. Ranger has 26 more skill and then like 70 accuracy in traits and the highest accuracy in gifts.

COR would need to constantly replace one of their rolls with Hunter's to try to be competitive in accuracy, and that alone is lost DPS time if you have to juggle multiple rolls.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-24 22:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Speaking of which are there any updated spreadsheet for other DPS jobs? I really would like to see dps comparison of blu x2 setup v.s other dps x2 when SC dmg and extra DD bubble are being considered.

This blu v.s the world discussion has been going on for months and it always ended up career blus claiming blu isn't op while everyone else think it does.

It isn't that I don't think it is OP in a sense of utility, I just think it is overstated. Think BLU is overvalued based on career BLUs, while the majority are bandwagon BLUs.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-24 22:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't that I don't think it is OP in a sense of utility, I just think it is overstated. Think BLU is overvalued based on career BLUs, while the majority are bandwagon BLUs.

I think the haste is the biggest issue. The old bottleneck of the game was Bards for capping magic haste. And bards fully died out once Indi-haste existed and BLU's could self-cap haste. BLU's just make party configuration too easy. And once you get one, you might as well get another. That's the biggest issue, their survival is more niche, but it's absolutely a balance concern.

Now if we could have MG eat up the UL charge and then Diffusion Flutter like the old days we could have a BLU that works with any sort of DD and actually haste caps them, which would be beyond useful.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-24 23:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

I think the haste is the biggest issue. The old bottleneck of the game was Bards for capping magic haste. And bards fully died out once Indi-haste existed and BLU's could self-cap haste. BLU's just make party configuration too easy. And once you get one, you might as well get another. That's the biggest issue, their survival is more niche, but it's absolutely a balance concern.

Now if we could have MG eat up the UL charge and then Diffusion Flutter like the old days we could have a BLU that works with any sort of DD and actually haste caps them, which would be beyond useful.
Ok, see this I can get behind. The solution is not to nerf blu, it's to buff it! Diffusion needs to be reduced to 5 min and mg needs to be 5 min duration and aoe standard. Then 1 blu per pt, like geo and whm. Everyone gets magic capped haste and you get to do it with a good DD so the pt slot is not wasted. Amazing idea.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-08-25 00:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I play a lot of the jobs. The only two jobs where it feels completely underwhelming as a DD are MNK and PUP. Pup has other uses, but if you're engaging on the master is it extremely underwhelming.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-25 00:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I play a lot of the jobs. The only two jobs where it feels completely underwhelming as a DD are MNK and PUP. Pup has other uses, but if you're engaging on the master is it extremely underwhelming.

Master DD is pretty garbage because H2H is garbage.

That said, the Automaton is pretty goddamn strong at this point. We're killing T3s in Reisenjima only using Automatons as DDs in 7 minutes right now. The puppet is so much better than the master it's kinda pathetic.
[+]
By Afania 2016-08-25 01:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could bring 3 cor to every melee content and get 6 rolls, have each of them do 60k ws plus 99k darkness everytime they ws etc but no, can't make it happen even if I want to.

1)Like most other DPS, cors strength and weakness is very distinctive. Besides low acc, low attack and shitty melee weapon selection, it has zero defensive ability. No cocoon, defender, fan dance, dreadspikes and such. Maybe RUN BLU PLD rolls but thats even less practical to use for oh ***moment than fan dance and defender.

Unlike blu which has no real glaring weakness that I can think of when weighting pros and cons with alternative dd options competing the same slot. Feel free to name some blu weakness that gives other melee dps more advantage though, I can't think of many besides certain dmg type.

2)Only a handful of NM takes good enough darkness dmg to make sc strategy worthwhile. The situation that leaden darkness doesn't shine, every other dps probably beats cor.

It's like people saying blu doesn't need nerf because blm meta in endgame, when blm setup works completely different from melee setup and doesn't take away other melees pt slot. SMN, RNG, COR all can do amazing dps in certain setup but they aren't competing a pt slot with all other melee jobs, nor gain an overwhelming advantage over melee jobs in all situations that you would use melee jobs.

3)It doesnt have mechanics that exclude other dps. I have never seen pt lead build a pt, shout for 3 cor and proceed to decline other dps because the setup only works with 3 cors if aiming for max dps potential. If anything leaden sc strat needs sc opener and magic burster for max dps potential, which opens up pt slot for 2 different other dd jobs. Unlike double blu setup, using other dps over blu drops pt dps as a whole due to losing 1 dd bubbles and possibly light sc.

It's like SAM in 2014 all over again, super buffed sam solo multi step outparse every other dps spamming ws so no one is allowed to come dd job and break sam sc. When you play certain dps job and being told you can't play it in pt inevitably it gets hate.

Anyways, I think people focus on BLUs dps too much and keep bringing up "other job can dps too" argument, while blu nerf supporters argument was never about how much dps can blu do v.s other dps jobs. Honestly I'm not asking for blu dps nerf, I just don't want to lower party performance as a whole when someone wants to join on a different dps job.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-08-25 06:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could bring 3 cor to every melee content and get 6 rolls, have each of them do 60k ws plus 99k darkness everytime they ws etc but no, can't make it happen even if I want to.

1)Like most other DPS, cors strength and weakness is very distinctive. Besides low acc, low attack and shitty melee weapon selection, it has zero defensive ability. No cocoon, defender, fan dance, dreadspikes and such. Maybe RUN BLU PLD rolls but thats even less practical to use for oh ***moment than fan dance and defender.

Unlike blu which has no real glaring weakness that I can think of when weighting pros and cons with alternative dd options competing the same slot. Feel free to name some blu weakness that gives other melee dps more advantage though, I can't think of many besides certain dmg type.

2)Only a handful of NM takes good enough darkness dmg to make sc strategy worthwhile. The situation that leaden darkness doesn't shine, every other dps probably beats cor.

It's like people saying blu doesn't need nerf because blm meta in endgame, when blm setup works completely different from melee setup and doesn't take away other melees pt slot. SMN, RNG, COR all can do amazing dps in certain setup but they aren't competing a pt slot with all other melee jobs, nor gain an overwhelming advantage over melee jobs in all situations that you would use melee jobs.

3)It doesnt have mechanics that exclude other dps. I have never seen pt lead build a pt, shout for 3 cor and proceed to decline other dps because the setup only works with 3 cors if aiming for max dps potential. If anything leaden sc strat needs sc opener and magic burster for max dps potential, which opens up pt slot for 2 different other dd jobs. Unlike double blu setup, using other dps over blu drops pt dps as a whole due to losing 1 dd bubbles and possibly light sc.

It's like SAM in 2014 all over again, super buffed sam solo multi step outparse every other dps spamming ws so no one is allowed to come dd job and break sam sc. When you play certain dps job and being told you can't play it in pt inevitably it gets hate.

Anyways, I think people focus on BLUs dps too much and keep bringing up "other job can dps too" argument, while blu nerf supporters argument was never about how much dps can blu do v.s other dps jobs. Honestly I'm not asking for blu dps nerf, I just don't want to lower party performance as a whole when someone wants to join on a different dps job.

Let's nerf corsair, it's too powerful. Lol
By eliroo 2016-08-25 08:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure RNG can do the same if not more consistent damage than Cor with a light based weaponskill. They can also generate TP so much faster from a safe range.

But no one is talking about RNG.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-25 08:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

Pretty sure RNG can do the same if not more consistent damage than Cor with a light based weaponskill. They can also generate TP so much faster from a safe range.

There's lots of things people don't know about a lot of jobs. Most DD jobs are really good, people just don't know how to use them. But every time the news gets out on how to maximize 1 job, all the nubs flock to it. All the elitists start shouting only for that job. And then the diehard <insert job here> who both refuse to find the detail that makes their job powerful and refuse to level something else start crying for a nerf. Can't we end this cycle?
By eliroo 2016-08-25 08:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »

There's lots of things people don't know about a lot of jobs. Most DD jobs are really good, people just don't know how to use them. But every time the news gets out on how to maximize 1 job, all the nubs flock to it. All the elitists start shouting only for that job. And then the diehard <insert job here> who both refuse to find the detail that makes their job powerful and refuse to level something else start crying for a nerf. Can't we end this cycle?

People crying for nerfs against jobs will probably stop once people playing jobs can admit when theirs needs a nerf.

None of it really matters though, as we have no say it what will really be balanced. It just becomes a game of personal venting vs. personal investment. What we say here about balance won't change a thing.

The devs don't read this forum or anything for that matter. They even said that BRD is balanced, they are pretty out of touch to begin with.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-25 09:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There's lots of things people don't know about a lot of jobs. Most DD jobs are really good, people just don't know how to use them.

Pretty much sums it up.
By stratton 2016-08-25 09:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Things I would try to change:
1. Remove POL
2 Update engine to utilize newer versions of DirectX, or Mono/Unity to open more platforms
3. Ability to choose to keep the old UI or use a more modern one similar to XIV

But I'm probably looking to hard to revitalize it versus keep it on life support long enough for player base to get bored and leave.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-25 09:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

stratton said: »
2 Update engine to utilize newer versions of DirectX, or Mono/Unity to open more platforms

/nod.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-25 09:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

People crying for nerfs against jobs will probably stop once people playing jobs can admit when theirs needs a nerf.

None of it really matters though, as we have no say it what will really be balanced. It just becomes a game of personal venting vs. personal investment. What we say here about balance won't change a thing.

The devs don't read this forum or anything for that matter. They even said that BRD is balanced, they are pretty out of touch to begin with.
OK, 1 last time. Blu is op, I never denied that. My worry is that SE sucks at balance and if they step in and try to tweak it to make it closer to other jobs, they run the risk of ruining it and rendering it unusable.
In the end, I think the real reason we're on opposite sides of this discussion is because of our servers. On Asura, you have enough people there to be able to say <no thanks> when someone asks to come DD on a job other than blu. On Bismarck, when we shout for a DD, we'll take anyone who can hit the target. There is no competition for DD slots.
But, we also count on having that 1 secret weapon job that we can bring when we can't find enough people and we need to low man stuff. If blu gets badly nerfed, we're all screwed. This is why I get defensive.
Now, if someone wants to rebut again, go ahead. But I'm tired of repeating myself, so I may not reply.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-25 09:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

tldr; blu needs nerf, laurelli delusionally defending it to last breath

Quote:
we also count on having that 1 secret weapon job that we can bring when we can't find enough people and we need to low man stuff
this alone shows why it needs a nerf more than anything any of the opposition has said
By Afania 2016-08-25 10:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This "you don't know about other job" argument is getting old. A lot of people who post in this thread plays very well geared non blu dps and has a solid idea of what other jobs can do. Pretty sure they can outparse 95% of blu out there.

Trueflight RNG doesn't replace any job in RNG setup, doesn't exclude any job, doesn't compete a pt slot with any job, why is it even relevant in this discussion? I feel Im a broken record when keep trying to repeat myself that no one is complaining about BLUs dps ability, but about blu as a melee dps has unfair advantage compare with other melees.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-25 10:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanna say I hate this thread.

Please carry on.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12