Wtf POL Says Visa, Visa Says POL... Anyone Help?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » wtf POL says Visa, visa says POL... anyone help?
wtf POL says Visa, visa says POL... anyone help?
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-13 16:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I'm coming back from yet another break and what do I find... the shitty verified by Visa crap I've been reading about here.

So I go to visa's site, which was linked to from Sqaure-enix site and I register my CC there. It tells me success that my card was verified and added to my account.

I switch back to Sqaure-enix site and click next, enter CC date and zip code, then hit Next. it processes and says I fail and to contact credit card company.

So I call visa, and talk to them. They say that nothing has even been processed on my account so most likely it is the "Online Game Company's website and I should try to contact them in regards to this issue."

So I contact POL, yea we know where this is going..., and POL is saying that there system is working correctly and that the problem I am experiencing is due to my credit card company.

Can anyone offer there exp on this? Or am I just locked out of FFXI now for good? I don't see how trying another card will work if I have to verify it also only for POL to shoot it down as well....
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-13 16:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Try this... start by entering the VERIFIED visa info... then going and hitting ok... then use the website to complete that step as well....

before you continue... hit BACK... and EDIT that card info with a card that is NOT verified by visa. Once you enter all the new info and hit submit... it should go straight to "Payment info updated".

I had this issue awhile back and three friends of mine just used this method to leapfrog this problem.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-09-13 16:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have an xbox or PS, Id recommend updating your CC info from there to skip the vbv stuff >.>
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-13 17:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

@Siren.Clinpachi
I tried what i think you mean, but still no go.

@Kujata.Daus
I'm on PC ; ;

I'm kinda pissed cause everytime time something happens it's either after POL hours or on a sunday, like now, where I can't get help...
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-13 17:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have anyone in game that is playing on PS2/3 or xbox 360 that you can trust with your info then i would have them update the card for you. then you can just change the password afterwards or something if you really don't trust them. but they'd still have your CC info. i'm sure you can find someone that will do it for you though.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-09-13 17:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so wierd, I tried my debit card and woot that works, I'll just have to deal with wife aggro later lol.

@Garuda.Littledarc
I was thinking about that as I gave it one last effort lol.

I appreciate everyones suggestions.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-13 17:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

congrats on getting it to work ^^ glad you got back on without having to call POL.