SE Making a Tell Filter
 Unicorn.Kaomii
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Kaomii
By Unicorn.Kaomii 2009-09-13 22:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
wwcc is woodworking clothcraft. he's on garuda ^^ not RMT, but i understand where you are coming from.

what SE needs to do is disable sending tells on trial accounts. you can reply to tells so that normal players don't get screwed but you can't send them to initiate the conversation.

This is exactly what WoW trial accounts have as well. You aren't able to talk -at all-, but you can send whispers to and from people you have on your friend list. So if you're a new legitimate player who is only testing out the game for the trial period but got a referral from a friend, you can talk to them for pointers and whatnot. You can't go around harassing people in shout, in say, or with links to suspicious websites.

However, since the game relies heavily on groups to party or get other things done, I agree that you should be able to reply to tells you receive. You probably won't get to 50 in the trial period to shout for limit break help, but you can put up your flag and answer tells for party invites.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-13 23:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Chatmon has worked fine for me. I'm glad for the Xbox players, but i can't help being a bit nervous. I'd rather receive the occasional RMT tell than have a tell filtered at a crucial moment.

Here's hoping they lean toward underfiltering as opposed to overfiltering. I hope they don't follow in the footsteps of the STF and prioritize RMT control over legitimate player well-being.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-09-15 02:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardens said:
the normal names i see for these dumb /tells usually have Laksh(something) in them. i guess bc its part of our server name.

Ironically they all begin with gil on our server.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-15 04:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Eternaltriumph said:
So everytime my friend says "Okay, sending the gil I owe ya now." I won't get the tell. Because of the word Gil. And SE will spend the next four months working on taking that word out, defeating the purpose. Go SE!

Will prolly have conditions like :

If main_job = lv1
If account = <1month
If no subjob
If mission rank = 1

All these parameters + some keywords = enough to block most of RMT tells.

(also epic combo Antipika=>Pikachu).

Simpler method would be:

"Block Tells form Trial account: Y/N"
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-09-17 21:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Man you guys don't have fun with this?

We have a game we play in dynamis. Everytime we get a drop, af2 or 100, we take a shot of the beverage of your choice.

We added the RMT tells to the mix. Everytime a SACKHOLDER gets the tell, we take a shot.