Forum » FFXI » General » einherjar question
einherjar question
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-09-10 18:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I have a few einherjar questions that I couldn't find the answers to. Any help would be appreciated.

How many ampules of therion ichor are usually gained from a win and from a loss?

How many people are usually brought to a run?

Thank you

~G
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-10 18:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on how many waves you clear. Tier 1 win is something like 880, tier 2 is around 1440, tier 3 about 1880 and Odin is 2880 or something. Numbers might be slightly off.

You can clear all of Einherjar with an alliance, but all players would have to be extremely good. 24-30 members is a more realistic number to shoot for.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-10 18:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

T1=960, T2=1440, T3=1920, Odin=2880. Ampoules are gained based on how many normal mobs you kill, not on whether or not you win. The bosses themselves, except for Odin, give 0 Ampoules.

T1 and T2 can be done with a single alliance, but T3 is a lot harder. Surprisingly enough, Odin is easier than any of the wings and can be done with about 15 give or take.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-09-10 18:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
T1=960, T2=1440, T3=1920, Odin=2880. Ampoules are gained based on how many normal mobs you kill, not on whether or not you win. The bosses themselves, except for Odin, give 0 Ampoules.

T1 and T2 can be done with a single alliance, but T3 is a lot harder. Surprisingly enough, Odin is easier than any of the wings and can be done with about 15 give or take.

Going with less than 2 alliances of some fashion can be risky, since Einherjar is random. My shell as quite a bit of talent in it, a few relic weapons, and 42 active members.

So we get about 32 each run, and we *have* lost T2/T3 before. Ever after doing it for nearly 2 years. Since the mob distribution is random, you might get some very unfortunate combinations of mobs/bosses that you just may not be equipped to handle.

I've seen T1 cleared with 9. But that doesn't mean I'd recommend doing it every time...
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-09-10 18:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I see thank you.

Well, I was actually thinking about doing some runs just to see how much therion ichor we can get. I was thinking 10 and just kill as much as we can. But, if 18 strong can almost clear it, maybe I'll see if I can find people that would be interested in that. I'm usually good at getting people together to do something. Eventually, if we split the cost, it could cost little to get everyone some ichor for those awesome items.

Also, do you guys mind if I add those numbers to the wiki?

Edit:

I see Nitsuj. Thank you.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-10 18:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a question too, how do you kill that marid? he has to be the worst boss ever.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-10 18:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BLMs spam tier 2 -gas on him, should hit the chigoes.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-10 18:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cianti said:
I got a question too, how do you kill that marid? he has to be the worst boss ever.

Alternatively, they're very easy to kite, and he can only have 6 up at once, so like for instance, a THF could use Cyclone and hit them all, then just kite them around.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Server: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-09-10 18:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

He keeps using that shower TP move and recovers 7k HP...
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-09-10 18:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghlin said:

Also, do you guys mind if I add those numbers to the wiki?

I added them to the wiki about 8-10 months ago, maybe longer. I hope they weren't removed! (if you mean ichor numbers!)
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-09-10 18:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't find them any where. They must have been. Maybe I didn't look in the right spot?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-10 19:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cianti said:
He keeps using that shower TP move and recovers 7k HP...

I'm not going to argue with it being the hardest of the T1 bosses. It definitely is. Lol my shell just gives up on the boss and farms Ampoules if we get the Marid.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-09-10 20:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I think tier 1 and 2 are harder than 3. Only thing that can make 3 hard is if you get a lot of waves. Odin is the easiest of the runs.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-10 23:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cianti said:

Being full-time DD I usually space out when they're talking about what the mages should be doing, but I believe it's DD zerg, RDM Chainspell Stun, and BLM -ga the chigoes and nuke a bit if they can.