Link | Quote | Reply

Must be nice. Lol 4 fails in a row now. So back to the story
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2018-03-16 21:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats your team like? He's really reaaaally easy with some preperation. the majority of his damage is Fire damage, so a Bar-fira/firaga type spell, or Onion Knights Splendor of Water makes those laughable, and if you still take too much damage a handful of Fire resist gear can set you right.

His other major moves are physical, so a Cover-all tank like Veritas of the Earth, Warrior of Light, or Basch can cover your party from most of the damage he puts out.

Really the only obstacle I suppose should be his ~10% HP Regen at sub 30% HP, which I can see being a problem for those without good chainers... But even my brother who almost never plays had enough to beat this one. (Though admittedly I play his account from time to time to try and get event gear for him).

That said he's weak to light so using Light weapon/chainers (Orland if you have him) really speeds up the fight.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-16 23:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well remember I started end of January.

I got some options but it's not great. Like the only good physical cover all tank I got is Veritas of the earth but it's not really well geared enough and eating a full set of poison spits and physical hits will often kill it.

I can use barfira but that's no where near enough for me to make that dmg low enough really to get by without a magic cover tank which I do have in Chow but it's also kind of my secondary healer as well. This is extra true since my method of dealing with the enfeebles that would otherwise wreck me is Phantom guard and I don't have anything leveled that is a good mag breaker

Only 1 DD I can get over 500 att which is Ang though I could swap some of that stuff onto Balthier maybe which might end up being better for this
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2018-03-17 06:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tydis said: »
Hmmm I'm finding I'm only barely doing enough damage to overtake Apep's rest heal so I can't then free myself up for a magic kill.
Remember it doesn't need to be the killing blow, it can also be part of the overkill as long as the unit has already started the attack when he hits 0.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-03-17 07:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
If you'd like I can set Knight Delita who has 64% breaks on his LB, you'd need to survive to get it and maintain it though so I don't know if that helps... Could also set Ramza who has his physical break awakened but awkwardly I don't have enough T1s to awaken his magical one >.>
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-03-17 07:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Hmmm I'm finding I'm only barely doing enough damage to overtake Apep's rest heal so I can't then free myself up for a magic kill.
Remember it doesn't need to be the killing blow, it can also be part of the overkill as long as the unit has already started the attack when he hits 0.
So basically my standard team and the one I've been using for this is:

WoL, Rem, Fryevia, Amelia, Lunera

Lunera is permanent Elven Song +1

Rem is basically dual-casting Curaga most of the time

WoL alternates Light is With Us +1 and Arms Eraser, they last 3 turns but I tend to lose track of what I've done so I like to make sure they're up.

Fryevia always uses Frost Flower Blitz and I try to get a friend unit I can chain with.

Amelia would do Killer Bullet +1 if I didn't drop her for the 5 party requirement.

With that I found the boss was dropping by a net of about 2% per turn but I don't really have anything that I can think of to do a magic kill without dispelling reflect but I'm not sure who I can get to dispel it.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-03-17 07:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

WoL alternates Light is With Us +1 and Arms Eraser, they last 3 turns but I tend to lose track of what I've done so I like to make sure they're up.

Fryevia always uses Frost Flower Blitz and I try to get a friend unit I can chain with.

Amelia would do Killer Bullet +1 if I didn't drop her for the 5 party requirement.

With that I found the boss was dropping by a net of about 2% per turn but I don't really have anything that I can think of to do a magic kill without dispelling reflect but I'm not sure who I can get to dispel it.
I can set Vertas of the Tsundere Light for you if you want? She has ultima which ignores the reflect I think and the rest of her stuff is all light elemental so should be good for damage up till there.

Edit: I don't think she chains with Fryevia great but the bosses light weakness combined with imperil might make up for it.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-03-17 08:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Trance Terra recently, I wonder if having her levelled would be useful for an event like this.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-03-17 08:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you awaken her abilities she's a pretty strong unit just in general.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-03-17 14:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I can set Vertas of the Tsundere Light for you if you want? She has ultima which ignores the reflect I think and the rest of her stuff is all light elemental so should be good for damage up till there.

Edit: I don't think she chains with Fryevia great but the bosses light weakness combined with imperil might make up for it.

Took a while to get the timing down but I was able to clear all the objectives in one battle with your Light Veritas, thanks a lot.
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-03-17 20:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious, should I just be selling my event units when they hit 100% TMR? I have multiple Cor, Iris, Pharaoh Abel etc, I can't think I would ever use more than one and I think I'd only be keeping one just to complete some sort of mental list.

What do you guys do with them?
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2018-03-17 21:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

TT needs +2 in everything but Ultima (you'll never use it). She's pretty cheap at 3.5M and Black/Tech/Guard and becomes CRAZY strong.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-03-18 21:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

PSA: I have my 100% evade Tidus up for Leviathan for whoever is still having problems with that fight cause my friend requested him. Blitz Mania gives the whole party a 100% water buff and he is set up for 100% provoke which will divert a lot of levi's attacks if you cant bring i.nichol
By clearlyamule 2018-03-19 20:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So just finished season 1 yay. And decided might be time to do some farming and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some ahem tools for farming things like TMR/magacite
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2018-03-19 21:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Well remember I started end of January.

I got some options but it's not great. Like the only good physical cover all tank I got is Veritas of the earth but it's not really well geared enough and eating a full set of poison spits and physical hits will often kill it.

I can use barfira but that's no where near enough for me to make that dmg low enough really to get by without a magic cover tank which I do have in Chow but it's also kind of my secondary healer as well. This is extra true since my method of dealing with the enfeebles that would otherwise wreck me is Phantom guard and I don't have anything leveled that is a good mag breaker

Only 1 DD I can get over 500 att which is Ang though I could swap some of that stuff onto Balthier maybe which might end up being better for this

Mmmm yah you might just be too new for this kind of content. You have good units but your best attack being a 500atk Double Hand finisher I don't think you'd get past his regen below 30%
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2018-03-19 21:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I can set 170% fire res Basch with Bahamut. My test account was able to clear with him. Ling was there for breaks and the occasional status wipe (maybe once). Fry and P. Jake were chainers and Noctis was finisher. P. Jake and Noctis had ice guns since Fry had ice damage and ice imperil. Baha is such a long cast that you can cap chains with him pretty easily.

I did have upgraded Santa Roselia which could AoE mechanical heart and wipe status ailments. I think Chow has similar moves, though. You could try ice guns on LaraX2 with Balthier capping with ice gun. Let me know what units you have and I'll think up some ideas.

Edit: BG has an FFBE channel in the BG Discord.

Edit #2: Flame Mail is craftable, Flame Shield is craftable, and Ifrit esper would put Chow at 150%. Cat-ear Hood is 20% and would make him immune to Fire even with the -60%.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-03-23 03:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

GOnna take me hours to spend all my FP, but this moogle banner is great
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-03-23 06:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

apparently theres a glitch a bunch of people are having including myself even after trying on 2 different phones and NOX where after you beat levi v1 the CS continuously loops and even starts to play over itself. Ive tried not skipping anything ive tried skipping it a hundred times. (each time you skip it theres a slightly thicker white wall around the CS) and the npc stacks ontop of itself. Reported it to Gumi using the title page support option.

Anyone else having this issue here? theres a couple reddit threads about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-23 12:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
GOnna take me hours to spend all my FP, but this moogle banner is great
Wish I had been saving mine. But been spending it on the other thing
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-03-23 12:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I pulled Wilhelm, a second rem and Fryevia recently... I have no faith in my chances to pull CG Fina.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-03-23 14:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for going on a little rant here, feel free to skip if it you dont want to read my opinion:

I think we've reached the point in the game where the 10+1 pull for 5000 lapis should include a 100% 5* unit. There's dozens of units in the pool of 5*s and you spending 5000 lapis which isn't easy (or cheap if you buy) to obtain shouldn't make you feel like you totally wasted your time farming (or money) for no reward. The FF opera omnia has a 5000 pull also, but they give you a 100% chance at their 5* weapons when you use it, i think FFBE should do the same.

If they only make it so that the off banner pull is 100%, it would be a step forward. I feel that Gumi is trying to milk this game for every cent and aren't as worried about people actually enjoying the product. If you compare this to most non Gumi based FF games, the grind is nowhere near as harsh for collecting rare units and even the japanese version is more loose with lapis. I love the game, i like storyline, the characters, the feel of winning a battle that's hard. However, it feels like gumi is going overboard with the scrooge mcduck penny pinching.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2018-03-23 15:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I pulled got Kunshira and usede 5*EX got Orlandu both units I did not have pretty happy I am a little hesitant on ability awakening Orlandu as I feel Fryevia's enhancements are close and not sure what crysts they might use.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-03-23 15:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent a ticket on the CG banner this morning, saw a rainbow and got Kunshira. Then I stared at the screen confused because I had no idea she was a 5 star base.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-03-23 15:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
I spent a ticket on the CG banner this morning, saw a rainbow and got Kunshira.
grats on mega evolution espion :P
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2018-03-23 16:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
Sorry for going on a little rant here, feel free to skip if it you dont want to read my opinion:

I think we've reached the point in the game where the 10+1 pull for 5000 lapis should include a 100% 5* unit. There's dozens of units in the pool of 5*s and you spending 5000 lapis which isn't easy (or cheap if you buy) to obtain shouldn't make you feel like you totally wasted your time farming (or money) for no reward. The FF opera omnia has a 5000 pull also, but they give you a 100% chance at their 5* weapons when you use it, i think FFBE should do the same.

If they only make it so that the off banner pull is 100%, it would be a step forward. I feel that Gumi is trying to milk this game for every cent and aren't as worried about people actually enjoying the product. If you compare this to most non Gumi based FF games, the grind is nowhere near as harsh for collecting rare units and even the japanese version is more loose with lapis. I love the game, i like storyline, the characters, the feel of winning a battle that's hard. However, it feels like gumi is going overboard with the scrooge mcduck penny pinching.

I think it's fine not being 100% but I do think the odds of 5 star on the +1/4 star tickets should be higher than they are. As far as lapis goes 5k isn't as bad as it used to be since story went up to 20 per objective from 10 and the event stories give 3.5k up from like 1.2(?). Summoning tickets both regular and 4 star are more abundant too along with 10+1 tickets, 5 star ex and daily free summon campaigns.

Opera Omina probably isn't the best comparison since it's new and in the long term as they keep adding more weapons it will probably be even worse... 90% chance of the weapon you pull being on banner means you're basically chained to waiting till a weapon is on banner to get it. I cringe more and more thinking about how I didn't get Yuna's weapon for the AoE status removal where as if I miss out on a unit in this game it's lame but there are always substitutes and later pulls, my odds of getting Yuna's weapon until another banner for her rolls around are basically non existent and shrink every week. Top this off with anything under 5 star not being worth using compared to just using an upgraded non character locked 5 star(which is most of them) makes 4 stars just feel like a glorified upgrade mat.

If there is anything I think should be standard a daily summon including all units (1 and 2 star bases as well). Particularly since I feel like only 5 star bases getting 7 star versions will make it rough on anyone just starting the game to get caught up. Since they're not just at the mercy of pulling a 5 star in the first place, but 2 of the same one... Getting the odd free 5 star at a low rate could be a game changer without making them too common.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2018-03-23 21:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, story events are for farming. You should get 1 Pure and a couple Giant per 90 NRG run (and a bunch of the T1-T3), but RNG is still RNG. Power/Tech/Guard/Support in Extra 2 and Heal/Black/White/Green in Extra 1.

As for units, we're at the point where no unit is game breaking (besides possibly one more) so pull for fun on stuff you like/want. And from here forward, I think the 5* base pool becomes more poop than good for overall units.
By Creecreelo 2018-03-23 23:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been too busy lately; I just realized when I went to the MK that FFIX's MK exchange period ended today. Got the exclusive stuff, tickets, and some stuff luckily early on, but 340k Tickets wasted... Blargh, I'll have to try to remember to spend my crap sooner.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2018-03-24 13:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I used my ticket today it came down blue I was surprise to see there was a rainbow among the three crystals it turned out to be an Ayaka (my second one) so now I am ready for 7 star healer wise.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 116 117 118