FV's finisher is 5.0 or 10.0, his imperil/en moves are 1.5
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-09-01 23:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
I mean, I do understand how Fixed Dice would work. I bet the numbers on a high proc with Full Charge Stomp would be huge, but part of me still gets wigged out on the possible variance. Already dealing with enough RNG in this game lol

That's the point; Great sword has a damage variance of 85%-115%. Throwing has 90%-110%. Fixed has 120%-650%. You're min is higher damage than what other weapons could even max (axe is 130%). The direct quote:

"Once you get a base damage, a random whole % is picked within a range based on their weapon type. Typical weapons share the same range that is common to nearly all weapons of the same type as shown in the table to the right and which always averages to 100%. An example of an atypical weapon is Fixed Dice which has a range that averages well above 100%. Once the range is chosen, the damage is once again multiplied by a random whole % that is picked between 85% and 100%."

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mechanics#Physical_Damage

To me, I would plan on 120% and higher rolls are just nice.
By Creecreelo 2017-09-02 03:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rikiyame said: »
Creecreelo said: »
I mean, I do understand how Fixed Dice would work. I bet the numbers on a high proc with Full Charge Stomp would be huge, but part of me still gets wigged out on the possible variance. Already dealing with enough RNG in this game lol

That's the point; Great sword has a damage variance of 85%-115%. Throwing has 90%-110%. Fixed has 120%-650%. You're min is higher damage than what other weapons could even max (axe is 130%). The direct quote:

"Once you get a base damage, a random whole % is picked within a range based on their weapon type. Typical weapons share the same range that is common to nearly all weapons of the same type as shown in the table to the right and which always averages to 100%. An example of an atypical weapon is Fixed Dice which has a range that averages well above 100%. Once the range is chosen, the damage is once again multiplied by a random whole % that is picked between 85% and 100%."

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mechanics#Physical_Damage

To me, I would plan on 120% and higher rolls are just nice.

Gurl, I understand the basic premise of FD lol I'm not saying that FD wouldn't be best for FV; I was just stating my annoyance with dealing with such large dmg variance. Ciri's post earlier summed up FV very well I think, although I still have some questions just about specifics.

Anyways, I think your logic could be at some fault anyways. Of course, the range for FD goes much higher than 120%, but let's say for instance you do get a low roll, perhaps that minimum 120% that keeps coming up. Just because it's going off 120% of your base damage, that wouldn't mean it's automatically better than all other options. The biggest con to FD is that it has an Att stat of ONE. The problem is that it's a 120% modifier of a very low base attack, and only hitting once. I suppose this brings me to my main question about FD.

1. At what point would it be better to not use FD, how much attack would it take to beat out FD's avg?

UPDATE: As I was researching and writing this post, this reddit post helped give more specific numbers for comparison: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6ru8uk/fixed_dice_vs_dw_veritas_of_the_flame_attack/#bottom-comments

Quote:
So first I want to look at if you have Fixed dice what is the approximate DW attack you need to attain to have an equal average damage using the same skill.

300 FD = 536 DW
400 FD = 675 DW
500 FD = 814 DW
600 FD = 952 DW
635 FD = 1000 DW

What's important though is that attack buffs will have a greater impact on a fixed dice build then DW build. So what I'm going to show now is with a 45%, 100%, and 150% buff what the DW attack would need to be to match the fixed dice build assuming base attack is 189 with maxed pots.

300 FD = 569, 609, 646
400 FD = 708, 748, 784
500 FD = 847, 887, 924
600 FD = 985, 1026, 1062
635 FD = 1034, 1074, 1111

Fixed dice has greater maximum damage potential than BiS DW builds and with high attack buffs can average the same damage too. Fixed Dice also only needs a single hit as opposed to two to fit inside a chain for maximum damage. Of course in the small sample size of a fight RNG can screw you over too, giving you more low variance multipliers. I wouldn't say Fixed Dice is definitively better or worse than a comparable DW build, but if a player is looking to quickly increase damage for VotF, fixed dice as a single TMR could be better than any other single TMR.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-03 09:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are either Zyrus, Victoria or Terra worth investing in? I'm lacking in magic focused units so far and those are what I have for 6 starable I think. Still not sure how to tell who's good from who just has shiny things lol.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-09-03 12:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Victoria is good as chain and finisher. Zyrus is a good finisher. Ashe is a good chainer. Common units that are good are Kefka and Exdeath (non-elemental magic or MAG abilities).
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-03 13:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, have Ashe 100 already.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-03 21:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Zyrus has my vote simply because he's really really fun and I don't think the comet glitch had been fixed on him.

Comet glitch is any move that has multiple use scaling applies its damage to any move of the type, so Zyrus can get Blood Pulsar up to 7.5x damage and then dual cast comet and it will do comet's damage +4.0 (I believe, it might just be Blood Pulsar's damage), so either 11.4x or 15x damage.

This works on other units but Zyrus natively has comet so you don't have to use a slot on it.

And yes, this also worked with Emperor for a 43.7x multiplier (or 44, don't remember) at max Fires from Below stacks.

Not sure if it's been patched, but it's really fun.

Regardless Zyrus is really fun to play with his LB and kit in general.
[+]
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-03 21:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, don't like mages. If you do most of your 5* pulls will be mages. I can confirm that (2x Dark Fina, 2x Emperor, Trance Terra). I still want Ace and Summerbreeze Dark Fina...

Guess I'd throw in my 2x Ramza as mages too since that's all he can do currently. /humblebrag #RamzaEnhancementsWhen
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-09-03 21:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramza = DD Bard
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-04 00:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ciri Zireael said: »
Also, don't like mages. If you do most of your 5* pulls will be mages. I can confirm that (2x Dark Fina, 2x Emperor, Trance Terra).
I'm not big on mages as a general thing but this event had me all "whelp" when I threw all my ***at Hien and he only went down 1% lol. I got Greg and A2 as 5 stars so it's not working for me so far.
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-04 01:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly since I've been playing so long I have a nice base, for Hein I just use Delita to spr break 65% and Trance Terra throws out Alterna for 750-860k and one shots him. If you want me to put up my Trance Terra just let me know. Won't help too much with the 4 hour cooldown but can't hurt.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-04 03:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Rikiyamis ace to carry me so I'm good, just farming pro for tokens.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2017-09-13 08:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-13 09:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about freaking time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-09-13 13:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly since I've been playing so long I have a nice base, for Hein I just use Delita to spr break 65% and Trance Terra throws out Alterna for 750-860k and one shots him. If you want me to put up my Trance Terra just let me know. Won't help too much with the 4 hour cooldown but can't hurt.

yes, please! (and friend code please :p)
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-13 15:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Will leave Trance Terra up for a bit and then probably swap to Marie who is at like 95% all res and Love You All heals for like 3k a turn. Marie is insane lol.

Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2017-09-13 16:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh there's a thread on this game.

I started playing this game but I have no idea what I'm doing really, I've been using the summon tickets I've been given on the Developer's Choice thing to cover the daily challenge but other than that I've just been slowly going through story missions.

Is there any hints or tips people could give?
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-13 23:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In case anyone needs a decently OP friend. She's pot maxed (except limit break almost there) and dual wielding Fryevia needles.

I pulled all the Nier units but have yet to work on them still. Kinda mad I blew my tickets after the gilgamesh banner showed back up. Need that damn glove.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-09-14 00:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to pull for Prishe and Werei but going to just do dailies till Ayaka banner I really want 3 or 4 of Sylvia.
By Ciri Zireael 2017-09-14 01:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Werei TMR is realllllllllly good and he's the only 4* on the banner so no more 4* split. Might want to try for at least 1 if not 2 of him.
By Atmou 2017-09-14 02:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tydis said: »

I started playing this game but I have no idea what I'm doing really, I've been using the summon tickets I've been given on the Developer's Choice thing to cover the daily challenge but other than that I've just been slowly going through story missions.

Look up beginner's guide and you'll be good to go :)
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-14 08:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest tip I can tell any new player is not to sell or fuse duplicate units together through enhance until you 100% understand how trust mastery works.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-14 08:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still fairy new but to try and save you the mistakes I made

-Don't blow all the tickets and lapis you get early on for a crappy banner since the rate you get them will slow down some... I wish I'd saved more for the Nier one even though I did end up lucky either way.
-In the same vein be somewhat thoughtful with your 5>6 star awakening mats since your limited on the rate you can get them.
-Idk of many units that are useful in battle without going to 6 star so watch what they cap at before investing in them unless you know they have a niche use.
-The gil vortex of desires is bad, just wait for the turtle weekend event to get a build up for expeditions.
-If you're close to a level the vortex of desires quests give really low exp so are good for blowing off whatever nrg you won't need to rank up to avoid completely wasting it. Daily quest rewards will bring it over your cap, but ranking up just bring it to the new cap.
-Exploration quests have a cap on how many battles you can fight... don't be like me and wander around for 20min wondering why you stopped getting fights

980,330,154 is my friend code if you want... my A2 is somewhat strong though others here have stronger backs.
Edit:
Asura.Clinpachi said: »

The biggest tip I can tell any new player is not to sell or fuse duplicate units together through enhance until you 100% understand how trust mastery works.
Also very much this... please kill me.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-09-14 09:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Will leave Trance Terra up for a bit and then probably swap to Marie who is at like 95% all res and Love You All heals for like 3k a turn. Marie is insane lol.

Thanks, request sent. Also dat Marie so OP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2017-09-14 16:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a couple questions:

1) Should I be using my metal gigantuars to level up my units?

2) Should I be ditching Rain and Lasswell
 Phoenix.Komugichan
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-09-14 17:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

1 Metal gigantuars are best way to level units as NRG is important to events and Cryst farming.
2. Lasswell you can use him till you pull something better. Rain is good if you don't have a good buffer or breaker Rain's 6star form can fit that role till you can pull a better one.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-09-15 01:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Add me: 570,673,359 (put FFXIAH in comment, please).

I have Lightning up for the next day or so. DO GILGAMESH OFFENSIVE TRIAL. She will solo it for you. Just let her auto-attack for about an hour and try to get the LB kill when Gilg is 0%-1% HP. This will give you a decent weapon and materia.

As for new players: do arena to get the daily stuff and then colosseum. Arena is great for the weekly/monthly rewards and the tickets for stat pots.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-15 06:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a couple questions:

1) Should I be using my metal gigantuars to level up my units?

2) Should I be ditching Rain and Lasswell
Metal cactuars are bae for exp, assuming it puts out the same as the nier event the XI event on now will give you tons to jump start with, also lots of magicite for leveling espers.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2017-09-15 11:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent everything I had and didn't get Prishe.

Now to spend the next couple hours enhancing everyone until I'm back below the unit cap. ._.;
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 116 117 118