Weird Fps Lag With Super Sampling.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » weird fps lag with super sampling.
weird fps lag with super sampling.
 Phoenix.Bunas
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Teapo
By Phoenix.Bunas 2016-04-14 00:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been experiencing some weird lag caused by bard spells with my windower client super sampling and running at 1920x1080. Seems to only happen with bard spells but it chunks my fps horribly. This shouldn't happen with my rig and I was wondering if anyone else is running into this.

Rig info :
980 TI
Driver 364.72
I7 4770
32Gb 1600 RAM
Windows 10
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-14 02:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, the power of your rig doesn't mean much for FFXI. There are many things your CPU or GPU can't fix by force in the game's architecture, such as the checkerboard appearance in the sky images, laggy glow effects etc. Who knows why the bard songs cause some weird lag for you... The best answer to FFXI graphic issues is "Spaghetti code, son" (see: Metal Gear games and nanomachines).
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2016-04-14 08:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're using config plugin to have ~60fps and dip below ~60 fps for basically any reason at all the game runs at ~15 fps until whatever is making you run that way is off screen. It's one of those things where you have to decide between living with that issue or living with 30fps.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [315 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Starfishsky
Server: Asura
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-02-22 23:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i just put it off, much better, same problem with a gtx960 card, its so much smoother now..