Post Your Dark Matter Augments Here!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Post Your Dark Matter Augments Here!
Post Your Dark Matter Augments Here!
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 47 48 49
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-08-20 08:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Got this during the first campaign.

What job do you use them with? WAR and DRK have better, probably not the best for SAM? Leaves DRG?

I use them on WAR/DRK/SAM. I can't see the better options being make or break, so I'm happy using these.
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2018-08-20 10:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-08-20 12:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
So when I see these... blasphemous... augments I die a little inside lmao

While I have a few fairly impressive DM augs, the ratio of success to masterful Oseem trolling is definitely heavily weighted toward the latter. Have been trying for a really great Macc staff for my mule/alt for ages, and you would not believe how often I get shield block rate or parry on that damn thing! Almost as often as I get Blood Pact delay on Herculean gear ;)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-08-20 15:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Boshi 2018-08-20 15:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please tell me you didnt turn your dmg/accatt/dex/wsd katana into that
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-08-20 16:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL I'm gonna guess Luna is like me in having way too much inventory taken up with a bevy of different weapons (I always keep some duplicates just to be fodder for Oseem and hope I get lucky). It's a real sickness!
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-08-20 16:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I'm a fan of making rare situational sets, these turned out nicely imo for [nin][blu] burst sets.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-08-20 16:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Please tell me you didnt turn your dmg/accatt/dex/wsd katana into that

I almost did, but after the 1st augment i realized I had a spare kanaria, so it was saved....THIS TIME
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-08-20 19:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-20 21:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said: »

Jesus, 9%? And I thought my 7% was off the charts. What's the reported highest WS damage that can occur with Dark Matter?
By clearlyamule 2018-08-20 22:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

10%
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2018-08-20 23:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are the feet I got during the first DM augment campaign, the only thing that annoys me on my 2 are the damn pet augment.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-20 23:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I die a little bit inside when I see these amazing WSD+ pieces paired with terrible acc/att/macc/mab. I wish it was coded so that higher stats were consistent across the board, and not acc+50 str+1 att+1 wsd+10%. That's silly and feels like a backhanded compliment.
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2018-08-20 23:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I die a little bit inside when I see these amazing WSD+ pieces paired with terrible acc/att/macc/mab. I wish it was coded so that higher stats were consistent across the board, and not acc+50 str+1 att+1 wsd+10%. That's silly and feels like a backhanded compliment.
Agree with you 100%. I would honestly prefer to see something like 8-10 DEX, 25-30 Acc/Att, along with the 7% or more WSD. And if WSD pops, nix the whole pet line, it should not exist in the coding on it. But, /random is /random, no matter how dumb it is.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-08-21 07:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

@boshiofthepeople
so I dont have to paste the code lol
By clearlyamule 2018-08-21 10:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said: »
Agree with you 100%. I would honestly prefer to see something like 8-10 DEX, 25-30 Acc/Att, along with the 7% or more WSD. And if WSD pops, nix the whole pet line, it should not exist in the coding on it. But, /random is /random, no matter how dumb it is.
But I want pet augments! Should be all or nothing though. Nobody wants some random mix
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-21 10:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Add to the insult is the fact that I've actually never seen one decent Pet-Oriented DM piece from any campaigns, from any screenshots or experiences. A Pet-piece from DM would/could be amazing if you could actually get one piece with only pet stats. Has anyone actually ever gotten one really good pet-DM piece?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Demin
user: demin
By Lakshmi.Demin 2018-08-21 10:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-08-21 12:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Add to the insult is the fact that I've actually never seen one decent Pet-Oriented DM piece from any campaigns, from any screenshots or experiences. A Pet-piece from DM would/could be amazing if you could actually get one piece with only pet stats. Has anyone actually ever gotten one really good pet-DM piece?
I haven't seen any beat what I already have from normal. Part of the problem is from what I've seen you can't get all pets or even several pet stats. They don't put new or unique things on like they do for players and they don't raise the caps (in fact they almost seem lower) while players are. So as far as I can tell you just can't get better than normal augments... while also not being a pet path so getting mostly other stuff
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-21 12:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my first WSD aug in 4 campaigns. YAI!
Too bad it was a WSD 4 with shitty augs anyway, so meh...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-08-21 13:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever seen any weapon get Enhancing Magic Duration greater than 6 (normal cap with Fern stones)? Normally, it can occur on three weapons: Gada, Grio, Colada. Somewhat surprised that, to my recollection, I've never even seen regular values pop up on any other weapon, the same way I see DM give stuff like Block Rate on staff, or Blood Pact delay on katana (both of which I've encountered with regular frequency...)

clearlyamule said: »
I haven't seen any beat what I already have from normal. Part of the problem is from what I've seen you can't get all pets or even several pet stats. They don't put new or unique things on like they do for players and they don't raise the caps (in fact they almost seem lower) while players are. So as far as I can tell you just can't get better than normal augments... while also not being a pet path so getting mostly other stuff

If it's possible, I'm sure it would be more likely on a piece where you have zero desire for any pet stats. Try that!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-08-21 13:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Just got MAB+40 on Herculean feet, on top of the +10 already on there. Are these the best feet for Trueflight bar better augments?

Herc feet are best, yes, once you beat the best non-Oseem piece: Adhemar +1 with MAB+35 and AGI+54 (on any of the AGI+12 augment paths).

Your MAB+40 aug is damn good, and really about a sidegrade to Adhemar+1 assuming you didn't also get AGI on the Herc (Adhe+1 with 9 more AGI) [EDIT: whoops wasn't accounting for Herculean Boots' base MAB+10, so the total MAB+50 is clearly better than Adhemar+1]. But of course, *ideal* Herc would pair strong MAB with some WSD, and AGI if you're really lucky.

I'm working with something very similar to yours. MAB+39/Macc+16 aug, which replaced an older pair that had WSD+4% and some modest amount of MAB (10 or so, IIRC).
By clearlyamule 2018-08-21 14:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
If it's possible, I'm sure it would be more likely on a piece where you have zero desire for any pet stats. Try that!
Most likely. After all I got snap shot and rapid shot and racc on my axe lol
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-08-21 14:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know if this is normally attainable on griv w/o DM but
By Boshi 2018-08-21 15:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Can get refresh+2 from fern on 1h weapons, I've seen it with fern on Colada.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-08-21 15:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol wtf
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-08-21 15:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea on 1h weapons u can with fern but on grio, u need DM, i got +2 myself too
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-08-21 16:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Phalanx+4 on Herc body, I am gearing up RUN but why did that have to happen? Now I need a new one!
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 47 48 49