Random GM Jail?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » random GM jail?
random GM jail?
First Page 2 3
 Remora.Frorant
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 18:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm in the middle of exp in caedarva mire and i get a random "no response from ffxi server" dc message, didnt lag out, just cut right out of the game. Took me back to character selection screen and logged back in and bam i'm in Mordion Gaol. lil GM NPC named "Read Me" automated says: "Your character has been jailed due to prohibited activities. Your account will soon be suspended to this violation. Dependant upon the outcome of the investigation, your account may also be banned. We will not be accepting any GM calls from this account at this point in time. Once your suspension has been processed and lifted, login and place a GM call to be removed from jail. You will automatically be transferred back to your home point." anybody else have this going on?? I honestly can't think of anything I've done. I haven't bought gil, I don't bot or mess with any dat programs. The only thing even remotely wrong i've done is use windower which I have for quite some time. Warning to everyone else who uses windower (aka every single person who plays) you might wanna lay off for a bit.. thats the only reason i can think of this happening to me.
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 18:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

wow i just thought of this.. someone told me a while back that they thought GM's might crack down on astral burn parties even tho they knew it was going on like they knew the salvage cheat was going on for a while.. thats the only other thing i can think of. and i still don't see how that would violate anything. ugh.... this blows....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-07 18:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You must of been mean to some random JP and now they are out to get you =P
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kurpse
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kurpse
By Lakshmi.Kurpse 2009-09-07 18:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That seems a bit harsh for a first offence o.O
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-07 18:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:

that might be it, those damn JPs are so sensitive
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 19:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah its definitely a first offence. i've never done anything before. i'm not even in an endgame LS atm and haven't been for 6 months so its not like i was even remotely involved even with someone else who cheated lol i have no clue what is up.. this blows... i wish they could tell me what or why i'm here. I can't call a GM because if you choose the call GM option that says "i can't move my char" or whatever.. the thing you have to agree to when you click to call GM is that, "i am not being held by a GM" or whatever. so calling a GM right now would be a violation.. so i'm not even gonna push it.. this really blows.. eff you SE....
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 19:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking of pissing off JP.. i was in a horrible horrible JP party yesterday and i forced DC'd.. yep thats it.. thats why i'm getting banned.. damn you JP.. =/
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-07 19:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A ban for that would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE lol, and nobody is supposed to know that you forced d/c, well beside the whole internet now.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-07 19:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

OMFG... FORCED D/C?!?!??!?!?!

/drops the banhammer
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-07 19:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Buy one R0 get a LM-17 free :]
[+]
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-09-07 19:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

could be their auto detector thing, id just call SE tomorrow to see if they could investigate it as an accident. I wouldn't worry about it too much if you honestly haven't done any hacking/gil buying.
[+]
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 19:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

; ; man seriously this is ridiculous.. they need to atleast give me a time frame or let me know what for or something.. what am i supposed to do? just try to randomlly log on in the new few days/weeks and if i happen to log on i'm unsuspended? thats stupid. whats if its perm? they gotta let me know somehow.. wow.. i'm freaking out over a stupid game but its a stupid game i've put time into over multiple years. lame SE.. real lame..
[+]
 Titan.Verdell
Server: Titan
user: Ardalus
By Titan.Verdell 2009-09-07 19:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

When you were doing the astral burn were people EXPing off the mobs you were using?
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-07 19:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You can call SE tomorrow.
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 19:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

but what did they auto-detect? i don't have any massive amounts of gil.. like 2M on main and maybe 300k or so on each mule so they definitely didnt detect massive amounts of gil from my broke *** lol.. and no hacks or bots or anything like that so the only thing that leaves is windower. but i agree with the person before, i don't think its windower. SE knows better than that because if they crack down on that they'd lose 4/5ths of their income every month. who knows
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-07 19:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Ludoggy said:

that might be it, those damn JPs are so sensitive

This is probably it
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-07 19:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

you upset the JPs by having more money than them, and for having round eyes. Sorry dude, but you gotta squint now :P
[+]
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 19:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

no nobody was xp'ing off any of the AB mobs at the time, atleast not that i saw unless they were on the other end of the zone. i was never a puller always SMN.
 Hades.Hatekhaos
Server: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-09-07 19:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you have any comments or anything on your bazaar comments? say anything to anyone on a /tell /shout /say etc.
Good luck- hope it gets straighten out.
 Titan.Verdell
By Titan.Verdell 2009-09-07 19:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a name in your search or bazaar comment, even a URL you *might* get suspended. I think I read somewhere somebody got suspended for having a name in their bazaar.
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 19:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

nope only job lvl's in my bazaar comment, and only level sync info and merit info in /seacom .. lol i'm lost too...
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-09-07 19:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Verdell said:
If you have a name in your search or bazaar comment, even a URL you *might* get suspended. I think I read somewhere somebody got suspended for having a name in their bazaar.

Dont think you get suspended for name, but I've read about someoe who got a wanring for having and URL. even though it was adress to their ls website. but that was just a warning and a "remove that URL from your bazaar msg plz"
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 19:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

and nope nothing negative to anyone in any type of chat. except for LS mates and/or friends just joking around. but wouldnt someone have to make a claim for it to be for that? if so i know it wasnt that cause i know we were just messing around. umm wow.. earlier today i did say F*** you A**hole to someone in /t and meant it to be a friend but it went to someone who had /t me about a party.. i told them <mistake> and <please forgive me> and told them it was for a friend and they said lol np so i assumed it was no big deal.. doubt that was what its for anyways..
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-07 19:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Verdell said:

Dont think you get suspended for name, but I've read about someoe who got a wanring for having and URL. even though it was adress to their ls website. but that was just a warning and a "remove that URL from your bazaar msg plz"

Check the rules you can be banned/suspend for even being associated with someone doing something wrong based on all kinds of info they can gather including things like personal info they have on you.
 Titan.Verdell
By Titan.Verdell 2009-09-07 19:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, Credit Card charge-back?
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 19:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

nope debit card got charged already checked that. never had a problem with any of that like other people have. i just thought of something tho... i read somewhere, not sure if it was on here or KI or BG or what but i read something about they might start banning people who log in from multiple IP's? if thats true then eff you SE.. I work 2 jobs and log in at both jobs whenever we're not busy (aka every day) and at home. so that's 3 IP's... thats BS if thats the case...
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-07 19:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Frorant said:
who uses windower (aka every single person who plays)

I hate it when people just assume that everyone uses Windower.

Ohh and people who force D/C because they're too embarrassed or gutless to just flat out say 'This isn't working for me, I'm sorry.' or 'I don't feel like partying anymore, here is my replacement.'

If you told someone in game you use Windower, they could just decide to jail you because of it since it's considered a 3rd party program. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they log every single hit and miss made by every character for the past 5 years.
[+]
 Remora.Frorant
By Remora.Frorant 2009-09-07 19:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Akeda
well i know i don't know how many people use windower but i just assumed its alot.. so my bad on that. and in my defense on the whole force dc deal, i did look for a rep for about 15 minutes and could not find one, so i decided to just bail. maybe could have handled it better yes but thats what i ended up doing..
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 19:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My SMN is lvl 5, hell my highest mage job is 26. I know Astral Flow is the SMN 2hr, but what exactly are these astral burn parties ppl keep talking about? And why would they ban ppl for it?
First Page 2 3