Forum » FFXI » General » Reminder News For PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 Players
Reminder News For PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 Players
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-30 14:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I can definitely see myself doing small FFXI tasks on the go. CP + small daily routines on tablet then come home later and tackle content with LS on PC. Future is going to be full of good times.
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-30 14:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
the problem is that this is all about people's feelings of superiority, moral or otherwise, and waving their epeen around as if anyone gave two squirts. "I'm 'pure' because I play the game how I feel it was meant to be played, am therefore superior, and have the bigger epeen!" vs "I use minor tools to play the game to the fullest, thereby offering better damage/support/etc and offering a better chance at victory, therefore my epeen is greater than yours!"

I'd understand that POV if it wasn't for the fact that nothing changes if you stick to vanilla POL. We had a few in LS that had similar concerns and now that they are on PC they still choose to play vanilla vs enhanced. If anything you might even gain a better frame rate and/or resolution (unless playing on a very low end budget laptop). If console lag/crashes were part of anyone's "pure" experience, then idk what to say.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-03-30 15:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
No its not required, but the difference in quality of a player who uses gearswap vs one who uses in game macros is insane.

DD will do more DD, tanks will take less dmg, heal for more, be healed for more,

Mages dont have to time every nuke for pre/mid cast.

etc.

Sure its doable, but the best non gear swap player is gonna be worse than the most basic gear swap player.

Yeah gearswap makes a player more powerful. But I just dont agree with what's in bold. I don't gearswap and I've won my fair share of parses in parties with people who do. A great player with it will be superior to a great player without it. But a great player without it will still be better than an average player with it.
I'm neither for nor against it. Just felt this comment needed to be addressed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-30 15:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

At the end of the day the best player is the one that's best informed about their job. I'd take a great console player vs an average gearswap user simply because from my general experience, while the gear sets may be there they were just borrowed from others and they don't understand the mechanics of their job. So to an extent I also agree.

On the other side however, that great console player can become an excellent PC player if they can master gearswap. If they choose not to use it their skill has not diminished at all, while a ***player still remains a ***player GS or not.
By protectorchrono 2016-03-30 18:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No its not required, but the difference in quality of a player who uses gearswap vs one who uses in game macros is insane.

DD will do more DD, tanks will take less dmg, heal for more, be healed for more,

etc.

Sure its doable, but the best non gear swap player is gonna be worse than the most basic gear swap player.

So in the end, it's a "who has the bigger d*** contest." Seriously everyone has to try to one up others when really its not even that big of a deal. Just play the game, do your best and if people say your best isn't good enough, then well, f**k em. I've never used gearswap and still did great in ptyies wither as a healer or a DD.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2016-03-31 09:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP in peace
[+]
 Odin.Vuq
Server: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-31 09:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

get some vasoline for that butt hurt....

can xbox/ps2....

Run at 60 fps
Increase the resolution of textures
Use windower (aka addons/plugins)

No? Hm then its not the same experience. K thanks bye.

The exact reason why i wont be missing any of the console noobs without gearswap.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-03-31 09:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearswap is hardly cheating, just because you are too lazy to set it up. There are blatant cheating apps/addons/plugins/3rd party tools, and gearswap doesnt come close to crossing those same lines.

It absolutely does. It allows you to do things no human player could do without tool assistance. If it didn't, you wouldn't be claiming a non-GS player could never beat a GS one.

Look, I don't personally give a ***about cheating in this game anymore, but you are in serious denial if you're going to claim gearswap is not contextually identical to, say, an aimbot in counterstrike.
 Odin.Vuq
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-31 09:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All the players claiming they play 'vanilla' may think they are great but has any vanilla player ever been AOtC?

Didnt think so...
Not only gearswap but being able to see someone elses tp is huge. For sc's and planning to mb.
Knowing your distance from the mob is also very important on things like for exaple: Tchukka's guillotine.

There is a difference between being talented and being ignorant. If you are good at vanilla, then imagine how much better you would be at windower.

Imagine how much console players will save on tylenol when they switch to pc!
By dustinfoley 2016-03-31 09:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »
So in the end, it's a "who has the bigger d*** contest." Seriously everyone has to try to one up others when really its not even that big of a deal. Just play the game, do your best and if people say your best isn't good enough, then well, f**k em. I've never used gearswap and still did great in ptyies wither as a healer or a DD.

more than likely you did 'ok' which is honestly all anyone should expect from people.

How do you measure 'did great'... without making it about an epeen contest? Is it that warm fuzzy feeling inside that helps you sleep at night?

Everyone not dieing? 100% possible without gearswap
Debuffing asap? 100% possible without gearswap

Did you heal as fast? Probably not
Did you have as much mp left? probably not

But if no one died and no one ran out of MP at then end of the day it comes down to efficiency and wanting to be the best <job> you can be. If you are okay with mediocre and knowing there are others out there better than you, but you can still accomplish what you set out to do, then yeah.
By Bloodrose 2016-03-31 10:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Vuq said: »
All the players claiming they play 'vanilla' may think they are great but has any vanilla player ever been AOtC?

Didnt think so...
Not only gearswap but being able to see someone elses tp is huge. For sc's and planning to mb.
Knowing your distance from the mob is also very important on things like for exaple: Tchukka's guillotine.

There is a difference between being talented and being ignorant. If you are good at vanilla, then imagine how much better you would be at windower.

Imagine how much console players will save on tylenol when they switch to pc!
The bolded part is just dumb, since they implemented a "/partyinfo showtp" command.
[+]
By aisukage 2016-03-31 10:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

etc.

I like gear swap I think it's a cool and nifty tool but honestly i also don't agree with this at all. I remember during VW and events before that (ADL, Legion, Old dynamis runs (before change) old sky/einherjar/sea runs). Before I stopped for years I use to get parsed on my drk and either myself or one of my close friends would pretty much 90% top the parse. (yes not all the time I'm not being big headed here but this is fact from many many parses done by multiple people in our ls) Then VW shout groups really showed it since I had to party with many different people for these runs and not the same ls. The result was very similar to the point the only people I was really trying to compete against were my close friends and a few others.

I never used Gear Swap back then and neither did my friends yet some reason there were very few that I saw that could touch our numbers. Even had people ask us about our gear sets and people would actually try to imitate it and even people that used Gear Swap still couldn't touch our numbers. There is a difference in someone that actually knows how to play the job over someone that doesn't and that is what really matters, Not Gear Swap.

With gear sets being a thing now the only real advantage that gear swap gives you now is the pre-cast sets for the likes of "Quick-magic!" and still being able to swap into your mid cast set in time on some fast spells. (since the dealy only being 1 second intervals is probably the only downside i see) Other than that as long as you have made your gear sets and macros you will still be able to perform as well if not better depending on your play style and gear choices.
By ibm2431 2016-03-31 11:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
The bolded part is just dumb, since they implemented a "/partyinfo showtp" command.

Which, for some reason, doesn't work with trusts. TParty does.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-31 11:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Windows Scripts, Spellcast and Gearswap aren't nearly as needed now that SE has created /equipets. GS does provide a greater level of automation, but it's also extremely easy to *** up, especially with everyone "sharing" files with each other without knowing how the original programmer designed it.

Here is a simply cure macro using in-game sets
Equipset 21 is pre-cast, 22 is cure potency

/equipset 21
/ma Cure <t> <wait 0.2>
/equipset 22

After the cure goes off hit another macro that puts you back into idle gear.

It's a little more work but still easily doable for most players. The only real advantage GS has is dynamically adjusting gear based on weather / day type stuff, which is nice but not required.
By ibm2431 2016-03-31 12:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also nice because it responds to events instead of macros. You know you'll be in your optimal gear regardless of when/how you initiate the command: whether it's through macro, command menu, manually typed /ma "spell" <t>, or a //spell shortcut.

On BLM I don't have things like Choke or Cure II macroed, but should a situation ever arise when I do need to cast them, I can rest assured that my Cure II will land with 50% cure potency when I type /cure2 and press enter. Similarly, I don't have macros for Meteor or Arise (instead using /meteor and /arise combined with GS), so I have a free macro spot for something that's used more often.

Gearswap and Shortcuts means you need less macros, which makes the game easier to play. This makes you perform better because now your mental/physical energy is focused solely on what needs doing rather than the hoops you need to jump to do it.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-31 12:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phaded said:
Are we speaking Japanese in a JP forum about the JP version of this game? I haven't heard one JP in game or out complain that consoles are coming to an end, and they made up the majority of the PS2 install base. It's mostly English speaking console players that can't let it go. It also still does not change the fact it was coded for both platforms from the beginning. Anyone that was following any sort of coverage on the game before it was released would know that.

There definitely are some:

Odin.Vuq
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-31 12:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh besieged.
By Zubis 2016-03-31 13:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if PS2/Xbox players were actually kicked off, or can they stay logged on until the next maintenance?

Siren.Kyte said: »

I think Quezal almost died:

4 hour gap between shouts lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2016-03-31 13:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Phaded said:
Are we speaking Japanese in a JP forum about the JP version of this game? I haven't heard one JP in game or out complain that consoles are coming to an end, and they made up the majority of the PS2 install base. It's mostly English speaking console players that can't let it go. It also still does not change the fact it was coded for both platforms from the beginning. Anyone that was following any sort of coverage on the game before it was released would know that.

Read what Phaded said, "Are we speaking Japanese in a JP forum about the JP version of this game?"

This is an English speaking forum!
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-31 14:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

no u

Quote:
I haven't heard one JP in game or out complain that consoles are coming to an end
 Bismarck.Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2016-03-31 14:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways, RIP to all of those who won't be moving to PC, servers will be ghost towns :/
 Bismarck.Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-31 14:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The sadness JP express that their console is coming to an end isn't on the same level of butthurt non-JP players are experiencing. If anything that wall of text looks similar to the one right before the first big mergers, bunch of ppl saying their goodbyes/thank you's/and why I liked it the way it was.

Hopefully in a week or so the addiction will kick in and a few more stubborn players will jump to PC.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-03-31 14:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
The sadness JP express that their console is coming to an end isn't on the same level of butthurt non-JP players are experiencing. If anything that wall of text looks similar to the one right before the first big mergers, bunch of ppl saying their goodbyes/thank you's/and why I liked it the way it was.

Hopefully in a week or so the addiction will kick in and a few more stubborn players will jump to PC.
I jumped to PC a long time ago. Mostly because I had too when they "fixed" VW back in the day.

Haven't looked back since, and every day I play, I thank the guy who gifted me the steam version.

His player name was Gaspee, and he was one hell of a ranger.
By protectorchrono 2016-03-31 15:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »

more than likely you did 'ok' which is honestly all anyone should expect from people.

How do you measure 'did great'... without making it about an epeen contest? Is it that warm fuzzy feeling inside that helps you sleep at night?

How the hell would you know how I did in ptyies? If you did your best and gave it your all and knew what you were doing I think people would appreciate that. We're not machines, not everyone is perfect or efficient wither gearswap or no gearswap. Gearswap is just something that "helps" those who can't really play without it (aka a cheat).

Anyone can measure "did great", it doesn't take rocket science. You are making this out to be a "I'm better than you because I use gearswap" thing (aka a "who has the bigger d**k contest").

I sleep at night knowing I did my best, and I did so without cheating. ;)
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 15:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on the 360. PC games just are not for me. I know there are advantages to the PC. I will really miss this game a lot. And some of people. Game has not run right on counsel since Feb update. I tried login just to be DC'ed multiple times last night. Farewell FF peeps. I hope your FF continues to be good.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 15:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Still got to try and make it to mail. Got to send some plp gifts before they blot me. Lol
By Bloodrose 2016-03-31 15:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Send me all your base.

because all your base are belong to me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 15:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Got gil, mats, to bad most of the EQ is RX!
 Bismarck.Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2016-03-31 15:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
I play on the 360. PC games just are not for me. I know there are advantages to the PC. I will really miss this game a lot. And some of people. Game has not run right on counsel since Feb update. I tried login just to be DC'ed multiple times last night. Farewell FF peeps. I hope your FF continues to be good.

:(