Where's The Logic....?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Where's the logic....?
Where's the logic....?
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-09-07 01:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A good friend and I headed up to sky for FoV augments. I convinced him to aug a Koenig Shield and told him if he got a negative augment, I would buy him a new one. He ends up getting Resist Charm+1. After the fight, he gets really quiet and /t me about 5 minutes later that he is going to NPC the shield and buy a new one. Guilt trip? After failing to try and talk him out of doing that, I offered to pay for the new shield anyways. Still, why NPC and buy a new shield? So people don't see you have resist charm on a shield?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-07 01:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea, seems like he's taking advantage of your generous offer and hoping for something amazing on attempt #2 honestly.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-07 01:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The simple answer is, there is no logic. People get all whiny when they don't get the best possible options. Even when you know the actual chance of getting anything worthwhile is slim to none.

That being said, his shield is "technically" still worse than a normal Koenig shield. I try to stay away from Resist Charm items because if a mob uses Charm-ga (Lamia NMs, Dynamis Orc NMs, etc) you're going to die a lot faster if you resist the charm.

Also, you hit Submit twice.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-07 01:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
No idea, seems like he's taking advantage of your generous offer and hoping for something amazing on attempt #2 honestly.

This, and thats a positive augment imo lol granted charm is the worst one of resist imo lol.
 Asura.Severna
Server: Asura
user: Magellan
By Asura.Severna 2009-09-07 01:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
The simple answer is, there is no logic. People get all whiny when they don't get the best possible options. Even when you know the actual chance of getting anything worthwhile is slim to none.

^ This.

Enternius said:
That being said, his shield is "technically" still worse than a normal Koenig shield. I try to stay away from Resist Charm items because if a mob uses Charm-ga (Lamia NMs, Dynamis Orc NMs, etc) you're going to die a lot faster if you resist the charm.

I don't think the shield got any worse. I honestly doubt the +1 on "Resist Charm" will actually work on the off-chance that a mob will use Charmga. Any of the "Enhances Resist~" items I've had never really worked like I wanted them to...
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-07 01:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Even so, that's supposedly a 1% chance of resisting, and when that does happen, you get your whole linkshell attacking you all at the same time. Where's the benefit there?

That being said, any NM that uses single-target Charm, it would be beneficial, but it's not like a PLD getting charmed will wipe the whole shell c.c
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-07 01:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Big whoop, you die, lol, it is a benefit to single targets because when you dont get charmed, you can still tank ;o
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 09:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:

^ This
I almost tried my Koeing shield after I saw someone get mag def bonus, but I decided against it until I have the gil to spare to buy a new one. I did however try my Macuahuitl +1 and got resist poison + 1, lol!