I'm forced to use this ***, so I hope it doesn't affect me -.-
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-04 21:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Here ya be, Agles:

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/81164-playonline-virus-mcafee-false-positive.html

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=4814&lp=1#211056

Basically McAfee is detecting a core fil POL uses as a false positive for a virus, so you'll need to first remove the file from McAfee's vault or whatever it uses to store away dangerous files, and then disable McAfee while using XI. More details in the BG thread!
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-09-04 21:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

thought i'd take advantage of the thread name, has anyone else had "no content ID" problems recently? i d/c'd in sea, and when i relogged, it said i had no content id's.. i spent a while looking it up, but couldnt find anything. tried logging all the way in and out, eventually i had to reactivate them, costing me another 9 quid odd. any clues anyone?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-04 21:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Agles said:
thanks Caiyuo
i did see it say something last night when i turned it on. though the i logged on without any issues. good thing its just that and not something connected with people trying to steel my account info.

='.'=
Agles
No prob, it may have just detected the problem when you used POL last night and only moved/locked the file once the program was out of use since they wouldn't be able to touch the file when in memory. All is safe!

Ultrarichard said:
thought i'd take advantage of the thread name, has anyone else had "no content ID" problems recently? i d/c'd in sea, and when i relogged, it said i had no content id's.. i spent a while looking it up, but couldnt find anything. tried logging all the way in and out, eventually i had to reactivate them, costing me another 9 quid odd. any clues anyone?
Did you have to alter your payment information at all in order to reactivate them?
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-09-04 21:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Did you have to alter your payment information at all in order to reactivate them?

i didnt have alter them, but i had to input them again, though they were exacly the same lol.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-04 22:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said:
Caiyuo said:

i didnt have alter them, but i had to input them again, though they were exacly the same lol.
I have no idea why except that the billing period was very recent and they might've wanted new info due to the Verified by Visa thing? lol Hopefully they didn't charge you for this at the beginning of the month and then again just now. If so I'd definitely get on the horn or web chat with them. If it was a bank/debit card it might've expired, I guess? lol Mine renewed recently and had the exact same info. Seems unlikely but just throwing it out there. =3
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-05 01:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said:

That happens when they can't charge your card for w/e reason. Happened to me too cause my debit card is empty right now ;; So when you reactivated and paid the 9 quid, that's jsut the 9 you owed that wasn't accepted for w/e the reason was (or that's the way its supposed to work at least). So haven't been double charged at least.

sorry if none of this makes sense or is relevant to anything, its 7am and im very very tired :3
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-09-05 02:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

1/2 the ppl I know are having the content ID problem. Most of them can't get on still.