Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Coalitions for Idris
Coalitions for Idris
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2015-12-12 02:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to start Idris, but main problem is the time sink for coalitions. From what I'm seeing, 185 days minimum to get all from rank 1 to 8, assuming you have the items to reduce timer? Is there something I'm missing, or is this the absolute fastest that this can happen?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-12-12 03:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, no way around it.

People were enraged when Idris first came out. From "Lawl Coalition who needs that?" to "God fn damit I wish I did them sooner"
[+]
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2015-12-12 03:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh, that's what I was fearing. You'd figure SE would make imp reduction part of the RoV rewards at some point, but I guess not. Thanks.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-12-12 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly it takes a chunk of time but so worth it. You might consider saving up all your imps by spending them on random assignments you won't complete and then when you have a good chunk saved up make it an imp day. I did that about once a week while I was ranking up - made my life a little easier.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-29 06:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Any easy way to do mummer coalitions? Or any advice? Help on this annoying coalition will be appreciated. Thanks
By FaeQueenCory 2016-01-29 07:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming you mean the special attack ones?
I had to be pretty much naked for everything through Morimar.

Also: be sure to do EVERY assignment at least once. That's how you get the timer down KIs.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-29 07:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

Also: be sure to do EVERY assignment at least once. That's how you get the timer down KIs.

Every single coalitions assignment? So after I finish all coalitions assignment once it just pops on? I don't need to talk to anybody? Thanks

I pretty much gave up in the past since this coalition is so freaking annoying lol
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2016-01-29 07:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »

Every single coalitions assignment? So after I finish all coalitions assignment once it just pops on? I don't need to talk to anybody? Thanks

I pretty much gave up in the past since this coalition is so freaking annoying lol

Iirc, for the timer down KIs you will need to speak to speak to Reja Ygridhi once you reached the requirements
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-01-29 07:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »

Yes every single one of them.

You need to go to the Library to get the Shovel KIs from the Mithra. The KIs sadly don't reduce the timer by a lot but every single minute adds up.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-01-29 08:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 2 different KIs, one that decreases time to next imprinteur and one the increases your amount of imprinteurs.

I don't know which but one of them involves doing every Adoulin quest.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-01-29 08:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you end up getting that KI you get legend like 5 or so days earlier if you never lose a tag. In some cases you'll actually lose time or net 0 trying to go back and do every assignment for the KIs depending on how much you got done before you realized you need to do every assignment (this is what happened to me).

edit: I have done the math again cause I can't help myself: With the KI you save 30 mins per tag 40 tags per advisor to legend = 1200 minutes = 20 hours per coalition * 5 coalitions = 100 hours = 4.17 days.