Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Frustation over hunting Baelfyr
Frustation over hunting Baelfyr
By FarelTheGecko 2015-12-11 15:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I have sort of given up on BLU. Much too hard, far too difficult. People have insane expectations of me... but that's after playing the job for a long time, and actually unlocking all spells besides 2:
Searing Tempest
Blinding Fulgor

Well, there's a bundle of "Unbridled Learning" spells that I don't have, but I never used that, so whatever.

The problem is that those spells from Baelfyrs that spawn in Adoulin zones.

Now some suggest just doing Skirmishes in Yorcia, but I'm sort of scarred from one time when I joined a blue Mage party specifically made for that goal, and it ended horribly.
One guy: HEY! There's a Byrgen!
Me: Dude, why do you need a Byrgen? In some areas they're present 24/7!
<uses spell>
One guy: Oh no! It was an AOE spell! I forgot!
<we all die>
<party disbands>

so I think it's understandable that I wanted to get this on my own, which only works in Ceizak Battlegrounds during hot weather, which happens extremely rarely.

So I started to check up with Inthius in Eastern Adoulin every 3 hours whenever I could, asking him about the weather.
Based on the Vanadiel calendar, I started my research in March 1239, and until today (half of September 1239), he did not once talk about heatwaves. However, today, on the 7th September, around 14:00 (vanadiel time again) fire weather occured. I panicked. I quickly switched jobs to BLU, cause I had another one activate. Found one, and BOOM! SEARING TEMPEST LEARNED! So awesome!!!!

After that I checked my notes on the weather, even talked with the weather NPC again, and he really did say nothing about heatwaves. Not even chances of it occurring, NOTHING. He talked about sunny weather. That's it.

I figured i had gotten a one in a million chance, so I switched back to GEO and leveled on, but the next day, 12:30 (8th September), there was a heatwave again!!! So I again panicked, grabbed my BLU, found a Irascible Baelfyr, fought it, and... sadly did not learn it, and even more sadly, the heatwave was gone at 18:30, so I did not even get to the other spawn point regretfully.

I felt surprised... 2 days in a row?! Is this heat season?! So I did not switch my job back, camped in Ceizak for like 8 hours (8 days vanadiel time) and not once did a heatwave come... but funny enough, there were 2 days with wind weather, which I just took notice of, because that dumb weather NPC did not predict that at all.

Ugh, maybe I'm just rambling, because I was collecting weather information for about a month now, and it turns out to have been a complete waste of time!
By Zephin 2015-12-11 15:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't people just fight them in Yorcia (A), where they are always present? I know sash make elementals pop. Not sure about the other items.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Scummy
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: scummy
By Sylph.Scummy 2015-12-11 16:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yorcia (A) with sash. Farm points to spawn Kirin. Use the rest of the time to farm spells.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By FarelTheGecko 2015-12-11 16:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry Floppy... I guess I just so often rather try out to do things solo, because of how abysmally social interactions with other players would end.... plus, I often multitask things while playing, because of chores I need to do, and doing them is a lot harder with other players around, so I tried getting that spell this way....

Well, at least now I know about the Sash thing, that's something I did not know, so I'm grateful for that.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-12-11 16:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring out Amchuchu trust and let him tank the elementals while you and the other 4 trusts keep him alive once you have popped Kirin(sash pop) or Suzaku(ring pop) on floor 1 with 1k obsidian fragments. Took me a big fat 2 runs of Yorcia(A) to get all those elementals/dual elementals spells :)

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1934 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-28 09:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Something's fishy with Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish. I was beating on elementals forever and none of them ever used a TP move. Not once. Did SE nerf ninja nerf elementals in Skirmish?
By Seraphpdh 2021-03-28 11:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Something's fishy with Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish. I was beating on elementals forever and none of them ever used a TP move. Not once. Did SE nerf ninja nerf elementals in Skirmish?
Make sure you have a dual elemental, and not the normal single element ones. Those only cast spells, and have no TP moves to learn on BLU.
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-28 15:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just farmed all of them in skirmish on an alt.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-29 09:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I had much better luck in vagary on elemental zone that I did in skirmish. Just did all the spells for an LS member in one entry acouple weeks ago.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-03-30 16:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just sat in the Y. Hunting grounds at a pop site and waited. Used weathermon and set an alert for Fire Weather. As soon as I heard it, I’d claim both pops and feed TP
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-03-30 16:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I just sat in the Y.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-30 16:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I just sat in the Y. Hunting grounds at a pop site and waited. Used weathermon and set an alert for Fire Weather. As soon as I heard it, I’d claim both pops and feed TP

vagary is instant... you enter and the mobs are there already 100% of the time.