Game: FFXI
user: Jessamyn
By Phoenix.Jessamyn 2016-02-18 12:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious about this also.

When doing Telchine augments for GEO's LuopanPDT/Regen set, obviously you want:

duskorb for Pet -Dmg
leaforb for Pet Regen+

...but do we have any definitive leads for a third augment? Does snoworb Pet Def+ affect the Luopan? Is Pet Def+ even the one I want? OP is suggesting Pet: Evasion/Magic Evasion, I am thinking Pet: Def+ -- I just want to make sure that augment will even make an impact on the Luopan before attempting the random augment system some more.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-18 14:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. All pet augments affect the luopan.

That being said.
Defense, evasion, and magic evasion are basically worthless.
Well... The magic evasion is ok enough I guess... Resists are resists after all. But it's so small that you're not gonna see a large change.

But defense augs are so minuscule and stuff that matters has so much attack that DEF+10 is gonna amount to essentially no difference in damage taken.
And evasion is even worse, since stuff has such large accuracy and luopons seem to have no evasion... So any evasion augments aren't gonna do anything.

MDB is extremely potent compared to DEF... But I don't believe Telchine (or anything) can get pet MDB as an augment, so moot.

In terms of snow-slot augments, you're better off using snowdim and making hybrid nuking pieces. (Sure you'll not be nuking for the largest numbers... But then you're not there to be main DD, you're there for buffs and to contribute. And the argument can be made for 15/15 Macc/MAB or 25 MAB, while maintaining high DT. Cause chances are, that'll be the second you're casting is the moment your luopon eats most of its HP and/or possibly pops.)
By Sandmaster 2016-02-19 03:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think using the Snow slot for Pet MEVA+ seem's like a good idea. It is the only stat (excluding Defence and EVA which neither will do a thing for you) that can potentially add more Luopon related help.

If you notice Vex/Attune help your Luopon then adding MEVA will only help further.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2016-02-22 00:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandmaster said: »
If you notice Vex/Attune help your Luopon then adding MEVA will only help further.

Luopons aren't effected by Geomancy, even their own aura, like any pets. FWIW, I don't think it's worth going for any DEF, EVA, MEVA, etc. Nothing to really back it up, but when you're sitting at -87.5% DT and you're still taking hits for 300-500, I leaned towards thinking Luopon base stats are terribly low to the point that you're bottomed out on any damage calculations.

With Merlinic and Almaric being your go to for MAcc and MAB, I'd just make a set with regen and DT in mind and another set for Enhancing duration, or a single Regen + Enhancing duration set if you've got Idris, or if there are other options to cap -DT now.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-22 01:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I recall, luopans are calculated as being level 99. As such they'd have very low evasion and meva relative to SoA/RoV content, to the point where efforts to boost them wouldn't make a meaningful difference. 20 defense per piece might make a difference, but I doubt it. Very few sources of +def available, low quantities, very low baseline. Certainly not much of a return on your investment.
By Sandmaster 2016-02-22 02:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats interesting to know. From that I have to agree and think any kind of defence other than -DT and regening the pet's HP would be pointless. Especially if they are level99, and we're fighting mobs 40 levels above them. I'm sure their stats at 99 were nothing special but thats guessing lol.

(Im goingto have a look at the gear sets in your guide as Geo looks like fun, relaxing, very in-demand, and relatively simple to play (that's not meant as an insult because many Geo's don't play the job well) more lie Monk is a job thats on the easy side of jobs to play yet some won't have -PDT/MDT, max acc, TP, ws sets etc.
 Phoenix.Jessamyn
Server: Phoenix
user: Jessamyn
By Phoenix.Jessamyn 2016-02-23 10:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
In terms of snow-slot augments, you're better off using snowdim and making hybrid nuking pieces. (Sure you'll not be nuking for the largest numbers... But then you're not there to be main DD, you're there for buffs and to contribute. And the argument can be made for 15/15 Macc/MAB or 25 MAB, while maintaining high DT. Cause chances are, that'll be the second you're casting is the moment your luopon eats most of its HP and/or possibly pops.)

This makes the most sense to me. I have a MAB set that I used to use for magic bursts, but like you said my Luopan would die rapidly when wearing the MAB set.

I think augmenting my LuopanDT-Regen+ set with Macc/MAB is a great compromise. Thanks.
By FarelTheGecko 2016-03-09 02:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't quite decide what to go for....
Longer Indi effect is only good for casting indi spells, so I'd want to keep wearing a Luopan set for the rest, and... from resting,

A regen set (6 HP per tick) did extend the lifetime by 1 minute and 5 seconds, but when I used Blaze of Glory, it was just 16 seconds (and I do have 18 Blaze of glory upgrades...)

Now I don't even use Blaze of Glory that much, but it all does make me wonder what the best option to choose is. Technically the damage a Luopan takes seems like the greatest danger... hmmm
By FaeQueenCory 2016-03-09 03:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You cast in skill aka casting set.
You idle in pet DT set.
Conflict solved.

Indi duration is only for when the spell is cast, not for when it is on.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [412 days between previous and next post]
By Darksparksnot 2017-04-25 11:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't corect answer 25 meva for caster on each piece?
[+]