First Page 2 3 4
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-22 17:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who aren't aware, there are 6 zones that were given a new variety of exp mob, called Apex enemies (ie: Apex Crab). These enemies are significantly higher level than others in the area, with insane HP to match. The benefit, however, is that they yield a massive amount of CP (30k from a single chained kill being common), and since they're in Adoulin dungeons, there is no CP party penalty.

Here is the gathered information regarding location and stats:

MOH GATES

Level 125-127, beyond the Col. Reive in the eastern part of map 1
- Efts (20 total)
- Raptors (10 total, mixed in 3s with the Matamatas, with 1 extra)
- Erucas (10 total, two separate groups of 5)
- Matamatas (9 total, mixed in 3s with the Raptors)
Accuracy for 95% Hit Rate: 1148
Level/Stat Data

SIH GATES

- Leeches
- Chapulis
- Mandragoras
- Jagils
Notes: Chapulis generally make poor targets since they gain a temporary invincibility after being hit with a few WSs
Accuracy for 95% Hit Rate: 1148
Level/Stat Data

8 Apex Leech, 8 Apex Chapuli at J8
8 Apex Mandragora at K7 (also a Pungent Fungus)
8 Apex Mandragora at J9 (also a Pungent Fungus)
5 Apex Leech at K8 (also a Pungent Fungus)
6 Apex Leech, 6 Apex Chapuli, 10 Apex Jagil at L9/L10

DHO GATES

Level 128-130, beyond the Col. Reive in the southern part of map 1
- Jagils
- Triple Bats
- Craklaws
- Crabs
Accuracy for 95% Hit Rate: 1250
Level/Stat Data

WOH GATES

Level 131-133, beyond the Col. Reive in the southern part of map 1; easy to reach from Marjami bivouac #4
- Jagils
- Toads
- Velkk Tearlicker (Greatsword, WAR)
- Velkk Abyssal (GreatSword, DRK)
- Velkk Junglemancer (Club, BLM)
- Velkk Mindmelter (Club, RDM)
Accuracy for 95% Hit Rate: 1371 (for Toads/Jagils)
Level/Stat Data (data incomplete, need Velkks still)

OUTER RA'KAZNAR

Level 134-136, two camps; twitheryms at E12 (2nd floor), fat bats at D5 (2nd floor)
- Twitherym (16 total, E12 camp only)
- Fat Bats (16 total, D5 camp only)
- Ironclads (4 total, with two in each camp)
- Neither the Bats nor Twitherym aggro or link at all. Also the Ironclad aggro from 10' sound/7.5' sight, but the room is huge and they're typically tucked in a corner, so you'll have more than enough space to avoid them.
Accuracy for 95% Hit Rate: 1437 for twitherym, 1463 for fat bats
Level/Stat Data

INNER RA'KAZNAR

Level 137-139, north part of map 2 (easiest approach from the Morimar to Moh Gates ???)
- Umbrils
- Vodorigas (gargoyles)
- Single Bats
- 1 Dvergr or Vampyr in each camp
- Bhoots

I can make maps for these camps as well, just need some time to set aside from them. Good luck out there, and report back anything interesting!
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-10-22 17:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That will be Awesome come the next update. Thanks for the info!
 Leviathan.Alvar
user: Alvar1
By Leviathan.Alvar 2015-10-22 17:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
For those who aren't aware, there are 5 zones that were given a new variety of exp mob, called Apex enemies (ie: Apex Crab). These enemies are significantly higher level than others in the area, with insane HP to match. The benefit, however, is that they yield a massive amount of CP (30k from a single chained kill being common), and since they're in Adoulin dungeons, there is no CP party penalty.

While these camps can be rewarding, it's generally not the best CP when solo, especially as you take on the higher level stuff. Trusts are also assured to have accuracy issues as well. Bear that in mind as you form a group. From my experience, I've observed enemies aggro but don't link, and some of the enemies are grouped in a way so that you can focus on only 1 kind of monster if you want. I've also noticed that they seem to take slightly more than usual SC/MB damage across the board, but I've had limited experience with them. Anyway, here's a list of the enemies and a few notes about them:

MOH GATES
- Efts
- Raptors
- Erucas
- Matamatas

SIH GATES
- Leeches
- Chapulis
- Mandragoras
- Jagils
Notes: Chapulis generally make poor targets since they gain a temporary invincibility after being hit with a few WSs

DHO GATES
- Jagils
- Triple Bats
- Craklaws
- Crabs

WOH GATES
Level 131-133, beyond the Col. Reive in the southern part of map 1; easy to reach from Marjami bivouac #4
- Jagils
- Toads

INNER RA'KAZNAR
Level 137-139, north part of map 2 (easiest approach from the Morimar to Moh Gates ???)
- Umbrils
- Vodorigas (gargoyles)
- Single Bats

I can make maps for these camps as well, just need some time to set aside from them. Good luck out there, and report back anything interesting!
You changed your avi, I love it!
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-22 18:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Calm down Alvar
 Leviathan.Alvar
By Leviathan.Alvar 2015-10-22 18:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Calm down Alvar
Don't worry stamos, I love your avi too, you jealous girl!
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-22 18:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I love my avatar too
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2015-10-22 18:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I always knew you were a girly man, Stamos. lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Alvar
By Leviathan.Alvar 2015-10-22 19:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
I always knew you were a girly man, Stamos. lol
He's got a nice moobs :D
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-10-22 19:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to Topic at hand, What is the expected JP/H from these camps solo/party
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-22 19:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Malthar. Kate Upton is nom
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-10-22 19:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

As for solo Brother, doubt many jobs this is ideal. Maybe SCH with sc? They have too much hp
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-22 19:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll vary by group for sure, partly because they are so high level, but more so because they have a tremendous amount of HP (like 150k each). Here's just a screenshot of my brothers and I (RUN DRG BRD GEO Qultada Koru-Moru) against the Leeches in Sih Gates:

Now, that CP was with gimped Corsair's Roll, a +41% CP mantle, most RoEs done, and like 800 JP spent, though I forgot Moghancement Bounty cuz I was crafting just before. This was during double CP. Also, you'll see that my Capacity Ring wears off just as I kill that Leech. Average killspeed was probably around 30-45 seconds, making 4-step Light SC (Stardiver > Dimidiation > Drakesbane > Dimidiation) twice to effectively kill them (both maintaining AM3).

I didn't activate any kind of tracker, and we weren't there long, but I'd estimate probably 60-80 JP/hr depending on how often we would take breaks.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-22 20:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

A good group can do 80~100JP/hr using SC + MB at both crawlers and leeches. The biggest difference is acc requirements skyrocket after level 125~127. This makes the Moh and Sil gates camps really good for groups who don't have tons of JP and HQ abjuration gear, aka PUGs. ~1100~1150 acc will cap you at the Moh and Sil camps, 1200~1250 is needed at the Crab / Jagil camp and practically every ounce of acc you have is needed at Woh Gates.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-22 20:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Jeanpaul is going for the record of how many useful guides one person can make. Damn, dude. Quality, as always.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-22 21:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I think Jeanpaul is going for the record of how many useful guides one person can make. Damn, dude. Quality, as always.

My only qualm is this

Quote:
I've also noticed that they seem to take slightly more than usual SC/MB damage across the board, but I've had limited experience with them.

There really should be some experience in each of these camps using these techniques because each has some nuances. Like I see practically every pug group wanting to throw themselves at crabs / pugils, and then getting really slow XP without understanding why. I mention an alternative camp that mechanically would work better for them and they act like "crabs and pugs is the best XP".
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-22 22:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The point of this thread is investigation and discussion. I'm not claiming to have figured out anything beyond what level the enemies are, where they are, and my own experiences. If you are disagreeing with something someone is saying, then the best thing you can do is go out there and try things yourself.

To clarify what I said, I had observed that the enemies in Moh and Sih were taking a little extra damage from SCs and MBs. This wasn't exclusive to species, as I noticed it the same across Raptors, Leeches, and Matamatas (which were not taking their usual double elemental damage).
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-22 22:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The point of this thread is investigation and discussion. I'm not claiming to have figured out anything beyond what level the enemies are, where they are, and my own experiences. If you are disagreeing with something someone is saying, then the best thing you can do is go out there and try things yourself.

I apologize if I misunderstood but it sounded like you were writing a guide on XPing on Apex mobs. If we're discussing the various camps and how to best exploit them then I will happily contribute my experience as I've successfully XPed in all of them except Woh Gates and Inner.

Quote:
MOH GATES
- Efts
- Raptors
- Erucas
- Matamatas

Efts and Mata's suck ballz. Efts will dispell your buffs, which really gets annoying for things like Corsairs roll,Hunters roll or MG if your have a BLU. Mata's have both a stun and a knockback effect on their regular hits along with some really annoying TP moves.

Raptors and Crawlers on the other hand are really good targets. Raptors are mixed in with Mata's so your puller needs to be jesus puller, or you just accept having to occasionally deal with a mata. Raptors are very squishy with their only downside being that Chomp Rush can really hurt and Scyth Tail can stun you. They are basically best for melee burns where you have 2~3 DD's going ballz out with GEO + COR + Healer support or a single super buffed DD doing multi-step SC's on them. Crawlers on the exact opposite, cocoon makes them annoying to beat down with melee but they are very susceptible to magic damage with no real resistances. Their only dangerous TP move is incinerate, which they can freely use during fire weather, but a decent barfire makes that a joke.

Quote:
SIH GATES
- Leeches
- Chapulis
- Mandragoras
- Jagils

Mandies suck all around. They have counter and an aoe sleep move, makes them very problematic for melee's to SC off of. Jagils are annoying due to having a very potent evasion buff . It might just be me but I noticed magic bursts doing less damage when Water Wall was up, I avoid pugils in general so this needs further attention. Now leeches are interesting, their acid mist makes a melee burn very difficult but a SC +MB setup works very well on them. Suction and TP drainkiss means your tank isn't going to be getting in on the SC action so this is more a SCH SC or a solo DD SCing. Otherwise they are very squishy. Chapulis suck if your trying to melee burn them, but aren't that bad as SC targets if your just using one DD. Chapulis are higher level then the leeches.

*Note* In one party I was the only melee as a BLU/WAR with a SCH as my healer. I was able to make self lights and darks for the army of BLMs and SCHs to MB off of. No geo, just a ton of nukers who obliterated the monster with a single volley of MB's.

Quote:
DHO GATES
- Jagils
- Triple Bats
- Craklaws
- Crabs

Oh how I hate this place. Cracklaws are nothing but pain, avoid them. Jagils and Crabs are higher level then everything else, have tons of self buffs. Combine that with their higher level and the requirements for this camp are higher then the previous ones (higher magic evasion too). Don't bring a PUG here unless you personally know everyone is really capable, and then it's not really a PUG now is it. Screwdriver is the only dangerous offensive move, so make sure the tank isn't stupid enough to have their backs to the nukers or geo. Due to the high acc requirements, melee SCers aren't really recommended unless you waste extra buff slots giving them more acc. SCH on the other hand, or possibly really good BLU / DNC's can make self SC's and have an army of nukers blow the mob up before it becomes annoying. Bats are interesting. Their only annoying move is Sonic Boom's aoe attack down, but it's not nearly as potent as Acid mist and the bats are more like the lower level camps with their evasion. I've been able to successfully do a melee burn here with PLD DRK BLU GEO COR WHM, eventually COR was replaced by a BRD and things got very fun. As long as you have people who can deal with the attack down then these mobs are squishy enough to kill in large quantities.

Quote:
WOH GATES
- Jagils
- Toads

First, and only, expedition here was a disaster. These guys are seriously evasive, so much that it's just not worth bringing any melees down here. They also have even higher magic evasion. I can only see this camp working with a SCH doing SC's for a very well geared BLM.

Quote:
INNER RA'KAZNAR
- Umbrils
- Vodorigas (gargoyles)
- Single Bats

Never been here and seeing what my experience was with Woh Gates I can say I probably never want to go here. I can only imagine the acc / magic acc requirements to even put a scratch on them.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-22 23:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of actual levels, the enemies are explicitly within the levels I listed, regardless of species. Apparently there's a packet that lists a monster's level when Wide Scan is used. The only enemies that it doesn't work with fully are enemies that have leveled up, and adjustable difficultly enemies (like merit BCs).
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-22 23:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I really hope I didn't come off as sarcastic. I think it's great how much effort you put into assisting the forums. Really sorry if it came out any other way.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-23 00:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, no worries, I was addressing Saevel's comments.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-23 00:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of actual levels, the enemies are explicitly within the levels I listed, regardless of species. Apparently there's a packet that lists a monster's level when Wide Scan is used. The only enemies that it doesn't work with fully are enemies that have leveled up, and adjustable difficultly enemies (like merit BCs).

You actually checked this yourself because I have yet to meet a level 130 Apex bat. Immediately before the usual crap + pugil camp there is a slopped room with a bunch of them which is one of my XP camps. Not to say there isn't another area in that zone where they might appear. Not all camps are equal within the same zone / species. Crawlers for example has two camps of five mobs each. The North camp all five are VT, I've never seen an IT one spawn in that room even after XPing there over a dozen times. The South camp though usually has one IT crawler, though I've seen two in there at once before. At the leech camp in Sil gates, I think far North East, all the leeches were VT but several of the Chapuli were IT. I haven't done that camp as often as I've done crawlers / bats though so it might be just coincidence.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-10-23 01:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not even that. The packet that says EEP,EP,DC,EM,IT has always sent the level SE just never told us it. What it can't tell you is NMs and every? BCNM mob is listed as a NM I seen and also any mob that can lvl up I can think of is also a NM. The packet just list it as a NM and doesn't list a level.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-23 01:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Some additional comment about Dho gates camp:

1) Crabs aren't very evasive, but they put up Shell and another high defense buff, also gimp your STR (but it's a ridiculously low debuff, not even worth erasing, and decays over time)

2) Crabs Aggro, but do not link

3) Jagils do not aggro (not sure if they link)

4) Jagils put up a VERY POTENT evasion+ buff, they also use single target slow that overwrites haste2

5) Crabs literally melt to SC. If you wanna do crabs I suggest a setup involving melee SC + MB, or bring a couple of SCHs to do SC that way. With good buffs/mages you won't even have the time to MB a second time on the same SC, they will die before.

6) Crabs are really weak (I mean, they don't deal a lot of damage), a good melee with enmity tools can easily tank/hold hate. (problem with "mixed" setups like that, is that both your mages and your melees will need a lot of buffs, and it's different buffs... so it's gonna be unconvenient)

7) Crabs setup with mages do not really require a dedicated healer. A SMN can buff and heal, or if your SCHs have stratagems to waste and a good Regen5 build, that's probably gonna be enough to keep everybody up.

Also Jeanpaul, you're missing Apex Bats in Outer Ra'kaznar.
They're single bats. Think of this camp kind of like the Woh Gates #2 camp, but with Apex bats.
It's pretty sweet! Especially with DDs that deal piercing damage.
The only dangerous part of this camp are the Ironclads (they're not Apex, I think? Same old Ironclads that were there before, but still very annoying)
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-10-23 01:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little info most I;m sure know but toss on distract and the jagil's move has no effect on them. Something most are already using anyway to help the Melees.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-23 02:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
1) Crabs aren't very evasive, but they put up Shell and another high defense buff, also gimp your STR (but it's a ridiculously low debuff, not even worth erasing, and decays over time)

5) Crabs literally melt to SC. If you wanna do crabs I suggest a setup involving melee SC + MB, or bring a couple of SCHs to do SC that way. With good buffs/mages you won't even have the time to MB a second time on the same SC, they will die before.

Their evasion comes with their level. At that level your talking 1200+ accuracy required while many melees will struggle to reach 1100 in full acc sets. BLU and DNC are a bit of an exception due to their natural Accuracy Bonus trait along with off handing lots of ACC weapons. To compensate you usually need to waste a buff slot with more acc then just hunters. If your meleeing them for TP for a SC, then the crab is going to be getting plenty of TP for Bubble Curtain which starts to get really annoying. But if you use SCH's or a single DD self-SCing, the TP feed is lowered and it's not a problem at all. This is why I mention this camp for people who already know who their with on jobs already with a lot of JP / gear and why I recommend the lower camps for PUG's and open setups. I frequently got over 100JP/hr at crawlers and bats with non-optimal groups, so it's not necessary to bang your heads against crabs / pugils to get great CP. It's kind of the old "chain 5 on IT" vs "slaughtering VT" XP argument from back in the day.

Asura.Darvamos said: »
Just a little info most I;m sure know but toss on distract and the jagil's move has no effect on them. Something most are already using anyway to help the Melees.

Is it blocked by any version of distract? And does distract overwrite it or would you need to dispel + distract if the pug puts it up at a bad moment? I say this because as a GEO I would put distract + frazzle on every pug at that camp and it would still get insane evasion.

Anyhow when I get a moment I'm going to run around to these camps and do a /checkparam with different acc levels to see if I can get a better idea of acceptable accuracy. Accuracy + Haste seems to be the big limiting factor on which friends you can bring, and since this is JP farming we absolutely shouldn't be pushing for super elite setups.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-23 09:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darvamos said: »
Its not even that. The packet that says EEP,EP,DC,EM,IT has always sent the level SE just never told us it. What it can't tell you is NMs and every? BCNM mob is listed as a NM I seen and also any mob that can lvl up I can think of is also a NM. The packet just list it as a NM and doesn't list a level.
There is a /check packet, which does the EP, DC, EM, etc, but this is a separate one through Wide Scan that does pick up actual level.

Also Jeanpaul, you're missing Apex Bats in Outer Ra'kaznar.
They're single bats. Think of this camp kind of like the Woh Gates #2 camp, but with Apex bats.
It's pretty sweet! Especially with DDs that deal piercing damage.
The only dangerous part of this camp are the Ironclads (they're not Apex, I think? Same old Ironclads that were there before, but still very annoying)
Thanks! Didn't see them with my brief scan as RNG through the zone, so I'll scope it out. I'm guessing they are 134-136.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-10-23 10:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a /check packet, which does the EP, DC, EM, etc, but this is a separate one through Wide Scan that does pick up actual level.
No, he is correct. The action message for check has a few different message IDs(high/low eva/defense), but an additional parameter in it for level. The client uses the level to calculate which difficulty to display. The server only sends level, not the actual EP/DC/etc.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-30 06:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I took it upon myself to go solo one of these this morning. 44%CP cape, all Reive cp bonus, a handful of the mission bonuses... And that's it. No ring or anything. Half exp campaign as you all know.

As for actually fighting the thing, you'll almost certainly get better CP literally ANYWHERE else without a very solid way to make skillchains/MBs. Admittedly, I was on PUP, so it's certainly not a great job for dealing damage. It took me about an hour to kill it. Pretty much resorted to using my HP down/Role Reversal/Tactical Swap to trigger Magic Mortars for between 4-6k.

HP didn't seem all that high, honestly. It seemed to be between 125-135k. 4k damage did about 3%. It's evasion wasn't absurdly high either. My stupid trusts wouldn't give me any kind of acc buff when I had food on, so I had about 1100 acc. I could get 3k tp easily enough. I imagine a Flash Nova setup would probably do pretty well now that I think about it. No clue about magic evasion, but I'm sure any mage able to land MBs on 135 content probably wouldn't have a problem with these.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-30 08:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Umbril take an assload of damage from Light and Fire, what is the macc requirement there? I'm wondering if it'd be possible to AoE them down between Subduction, Entomb, Blinding Fulgor, and maybe Searing Tempest is Entomb wasn't needed.
 Odin.Blizzy
Server: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2015-10-30 08:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently the best set up I have been part of yielded 90 job points in 1 hr with the following set up and this was without dbl cp going on.

Nin - puller tank solo self skillchain 2 step reverb > 3 step darkness

Brd kept marches on nin cured nin put water therody on each crawler ballads on mages

sch light arts 2 strats rainstorm party dark arts mannifistation killaform party. frazzel every mob. MB water on skill chain

Blm Magic burst water on skillchain

Blm Magic burst water on skillchain

Geo GEO 2 bubbles And mb nuke set to magic burst i dont play geo too much but i think they put up geo focus and malliase.

Mob kill spead should be around 6-10 sec
enjoy.

if done right mob should not live through first volley of mbs if done right if its requiring 2-3 skill chains dump your dead weight and get ppl that can do the job.
First Page 2 3 4