Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Vagary Palloritus Blue Man Strat
Vagary Palloritus Blue Man Strat
By lhova 2015-09-18 16:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I've been hearing BLu is pretty kick *** in Vagary and that it is "the best" melee atm. I have a Blu with decent gear and I'm 360/1500 JPs with capped Blue Skills, Spells, Magic Acc, Physical Acc, and BA. I was wondering if anyone could give me a spell list they are using and strats for Vagary MB Palloritus and Sinsister Reign.

I'm going to start a group or pug Vagary Palloritus since Defiant Sweat is impossible to get. Any help would be appreciated and I will post my gearsets as well. But I'm mostly tping in Taeon and magic attacking in Hag/Helios. Going to start using Almaric once I get the abj. Thanks again!

ItemSet 336084

ItemSet 338064
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-18 16:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly made you pick that cape to TP in? I'm honestly curious.
By lhova 2015-09-18 16:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
What exactly made you pick that cape to TP in? I'm honestly curious.

Honestly I tp in capacity points cape more than anything lol. I think because of accuracy
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-18 16:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, well you'll want Bleating for when you don't need more accuracy and something like Lupine, Letalis, Grounded, Kayapa, etc for an accuracy set.

For an offhand, you'll want to switch the CS to Nibiru, Uson B, Vampirism, or Bura depending on what you have access to and your accuracy needs.

Really though, there is a gear thread a couple above this one.
By lhova 2015-09-18 16:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it wasn't so much about gear but more about the spell sets and the strats a BLU would use as the only DD in a 6 man Vagary or Sinister Reign fight. But definitely thanks for the advice.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-18 18:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, gear plays a huge part in content. If you don't have the gear, no strat is going to work.

For strategy, you will want a setup of PLD, BLU, and support roles. GEO, WHM, BRD, COR, jobs like that. PLD will pull all of the mobs and tank them while you pick them off one by one. On the third wave, you want to only pull one group at a time, as they're quite a bit higher leveled than the others. Have the PLD tank each of the three per group. I suggest GEOs use vex/attunement on bosses, as their abilities can hurt a DD. /NIN is also a recommendation to keep you safe if you pull hate from the regular mobs, as their weaponskills can one-shot you or come quite close.

As far as spell sets go, there are multiple in the guide thread I mentioned in your last post.

75 set points needed
Quad. Continuum
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sudden Lunge
Glutinous Dart
Sinker Drill
Sweeping Gouge
Paralyzing Triad

Nat. Meditation
Erratic Flutter
Barrier Tusk/Magic Fruit/Occultation/Saline Coat/Battery Charge/Magic Barrier/Dream Flower

Diffusion Ray
Molting Plumage
Blazing Bound
Fantod

This will get you a ton of offensive abilities and a bit of utility. Drop offensive traits for utility as necessary, but if you're the solo DD, you will need to focus primarily on damage.
By lhova 2015-09-19 11:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
To be fair, gear plays a huge part in content. If you don't have the gear, no strat is going to work.

For strategy, you will want a setup of PLD, BLU, and support roles. GEO, WHM, BRD, COR, jobs like that. PLD will pull all of the mobs and tank them while you pick them off one by one. On the third wave, you want to only pull one group at a time, as they're quite a bit higher leveled than the others. Have the PLD tank each of the three per group. I suggest GEOs use vex/attunement on bosses, as their abilities can hurt a DD. /NIN is also a recommendation to keep you safe if you pull hate from the regular mobs, as their weaponskills can one-shot you or come quite close.

As far as spell sets go, there are multiple in the guide thread I mentioned in your last post.

75 set points needed
Quad. Continuum
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sudden Lunge
Glutinous Dart
Sinker Drill
Sweeping Gouge
Paralyzing Triad

Nat. Meditation
Erratic Flutter
Barrier Tusk/Magic Fruit/Occultation/Saline Coat/Battery Charge/Magic Barrier/Dream Flower

Diffusion Ray
Molting Plumage
Blazing Bound
Fantod

This will get you a ton of offensive abilities and a bit of utility. Drop offensive traits for utility as necessary, but if you're the solo DD, you will need to focus primarily on damage.

Thanks for the info on the spells and strat! Quick question though, when you are killing the mobs off the paladin are you straight meleeing or using spells to kill the fomor, corses, etc? They seem like they would be weak to light but I don't have a self light self sc atm so I wasn't sure if CDC spam would be sufficient. Thanks!
By Bloodrose 2015-09-19 12:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

CDC Spam does wonders for ripping the fomors to pieces, and should constitute a better light SC for the more defensive/high HP Fomors in the subsequent waves.