Guide For New Blu Spells?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Guide for new Blu spells?
Guide for new Blu spells?
By Hannahmontana 2015-09-18 01:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont see any yet i got the Shinyru one how do we get the others?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-09-18 01:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The bosses of the first three Vagary zones: Putraxia, Palloritus, and Rancibus.

Can also try Balamor in an Alluvion skirmish and hope he uses Cruel Joke.
By Hannahmontana 2015-09-18 02:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

wow that sucks lol rancibus maybe but other two no chance of that on levi

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By lhova 2015-09-19 13:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hannahmontana said: »
i dont see any yet i got the Shinyru one how do we get the others?

Is Shinryu "soloable" now on Blu? I'm not quite sure if you can use trusts there.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-19 13:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost killed him with 1 DMG clubs. Yes he's soloable, lol.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-09-19 13:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also worth noting, you can't learn these spells from the Missions. They kick you out before you could actually kill it.
[+]
By lhova 2015-09-19 13:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I almost killed him with 1 DMG clubs. Yes he's soloable, lol.

Thanks! Guess I will kill Shinryu solo when I get home. That spell seems pretty good.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By lhova 2015-10-20 21:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone gotten the spells beside MG? Bg doesn't list any info about them.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-10-20 22:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Has anyone gotten the spells beside MG? Bg doesn't list any info about them.

They seem absurdly uncommon, that's for sure. Done a good deal of Vagary recently, usually with at least 3~6 other BLUs, and each run has basically ended like:

"So did anyone learn Cesspool/Cruel Joke?"
"Nope."
"No ; ;"
"nada"
"Of course not."

I'm tempted to //gs disable hands and equip AF next run.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-20 22:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They're all the epitome of "meh". Only one I'm missing is Cruel Joke after 20+ runs (imagine that).

Cesspool is water damage with plague.
Tearing Gust is wind damage with magic defense down for 30 seconds.
I believe Cruel Joke is AoE doom that lands on zero % of any content where it would be useful.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-10-20 22:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 1/1 so far on Cesspool, Cruel Joke and Tearing, though on the last 10% of each NM lock my hands to AF 119. Normally I have ***luck but very happy to have been so lucky since I normally stuck on GEO during vagary with the LS.
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-10-21 00:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I believe Cruel Joke is AoE doom that lands on zero % of any content where it would be useful.

Pretty sure Doom stops landing after mobs are a certain level, because after fooling around with it in Escha, it would land on the Puks but would say "No Effect" on the Dragons.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-21 00:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, no kidding? Huh, that's pretty interesting. Could it also be because of dragons being dark based, though?
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-10-21 00:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's something I didn't test thoroughly, was mostly just throwing it out there cause I had Unbridled Wisdom up. But I did have the same message when I first tested on Apex Mobs with Elemental Seal active.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-21 00:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm alright, most likely a level thing, then. Thanks for sharing. It sure would have been nice to AoE doom entire rooms of Apex mobs...
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-21 08:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruel Joke is the only Vagary spell I have. The accuracy of it seems better than Mortal Ray, less MP, and AoE too, so it's not awful.

I think it could be useful in one scenario: running from T4/T5 in Delve to the boss. You usually collect a bunch of adds on the way and when you pull you get a few more, so with 2 BLUs, one could AoE MG, and the other just throws Cruel Joke on the slept adds and just have people ignore them completely. Saves a good bit of time from not having to wait on clean pull or have DDs waste time on trash mobs, or mages having to worry about sleeping them.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-11-03 08:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

With the upcoming campaign, use this opportunity to snag Cruel Joke if you haven't learned it yet, you'll have an 11ish day window:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/14261/detail.html

From Friday, November 9 at 11:00 p.m. (PST) to Monday, November 20 at 6:59 a.m. (PST).

- Balamor's Adumbration will always appear in Alluvion Skirmish - Yorcia Weald (U).
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-03 08:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Cruel Joke is the only Vagary spell I have. The accuracy of it seems better than Mortal Ray, less MP, and AoE too, so it's not awful.

I think it could be useful in one scenario: running from T4/T5 in Delve to the boss. You usually collect a bunch of adds on the way and when you pull you get a few more, so with 2 BLUs, one could AoE MG, and the other just throws Cruel Joke on the slept adds and just have people ignore them completely. Saves a good bit of time from not having to wait on clean pull or have DDs waste time on trash mobs, or mages having to worry about sleeping them.

Still a waste of time. 2 blues can spectral flow and then dead or burst affinity spec floe

On the other hand with campaign balamor always present we will see a crash in stones prices
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-03 09:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Still a waste of time. 2 blues can spectral flow and then dead or burst affinity spec floe

On the other hand with campaign balamor always present we will see a crash in stones prices

I don't really set Floe all that often, unless I plan on AoE'ing, but I do use Tenebral Crush. The thing is, if you have 12 people in a Delve, I dunno if even 2 Burst Affinity Tenebral Crush would be able to kill them due to the HP boost. Delve 2.0 adds seem lower HP though.