BOYCOTT FFXIAH!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » BOYCOTT FFXIAH!!!
BOYCOTT FFXIAH!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43
By volkom 2018-06-01 12:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Burn it down!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 07:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah you guessed it all ready... I know... however, /clears throat

BOYCOTT ELECTRONIC PANHANDLING!!!

I'm against it as a general rule and even more so if your first post on ffxiah is to ask for a handout, your instagram has three pictures of your kids and eighty seven pictures of take out that you obviously blew what should of been your savings on and you refuse to even consider other people's viewpoints regardless of how deranged they may be.

No I am not speaking of anyone specifically... just in very broad generalities. very broad terms...this boycott has absolutely nothing to do with any past, current or recent plea for help in our community... any similarities to anyone living is purely coincidental.

I boycott them all on general principles and I hope you will too.

We have to fight it! because it is in our nature to fight it and let's face it

I'm a huge jerk!
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-07-24 07:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 08:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

where did I lose you?

panhandle - beg in the street
electronic panhandling - beg on the internet

is it the best name? No, probably not... but there are many many websites that host people's pleas for financial assistance for whatever reason and they encourage you to share the link to that plea on your social media platforms of choice to "pass the plate" so to speak to a wider audience. cast a wide enough net and you're bound to catch more fish.

it doesn't work as intended in the same way giving a homeless guy a dollar on the street every day doesn't work.
because of the fundamental flaws in human nature.

You can't appreciate that which you haven't earned.

It takes no physical effort to ask people for the money that they worked hard to earn, therefore the recipient can not appreciate it.

And I mean it in the definition of the word "appreciate" which is "understand and fully recognize the worth of" this gift of money,

-not- I repeat -not- "appreciate" in the sense of accepting it with gratitude.

And this is an important distinction since most people assume I am speaking of the latter which is not the case.

I mean appreciate in the true sense of the word. Let's say I dig ditches for a living and make $10 bucks an hour and you ask me for a hundred bucks and I give it to you because I feel sorry for you or your cause or whatever.

There is no way for you to appreciate the ten hours of hard rock ditch digging in a sweltering sun in a hundred percent humidity. It's not possible to convey that in any meaningful way.

Not because the you in this story is a bad person, he or she is just a human trapped within the confines of their own experiences.

So they blow it. The money has no real value "sweat equity" to them since it took no work to acquire. So they waste it frivolously.

Again, not intentionally. this is all happening on a subconscious level. The bum on the corner begs until he has enough to satisfy his immediate needs, once those needs are met he satisfies those needs and is back on the street the next day begging again.

We think we are being kind and helping this poor person. But in reality all we are doing is extending his misery.

Again, not intentionally.

We want to help, it seems obvious how to help, we want to feel good about ourselves so we put a buck in his cup.

But it never actually helps, it has the opposite effect and makes it worse.

Ok. since all the bum in this story has to do is ask for money and he gets it, that creates the expectation that tomorrow will be the same and if you have ever had the misfortune of being homeless you will understand the vicious cycle that creates. And if you haven't then you may never appreciate it. Because you can't experiance things through other people's experiences

The amount of the donation has no bearing. It could be a quarter, it could be a million dollars, it doesn't matter. That money is blown and then the recipient ends up worse than they started.

Because the next day it rains and nobody fills his cup and he gets angry with the world and his situation only deteriorates.

The bum doesn't understand why people are generous one day and not the next, they are angry because they put their faith in a system based on the kindness of strangers and when the strangers don't or can;t come through they get upset.

Again, not intentionally.

It's a study of human nature and the very root cause of poverty.

it's not personal. beggars aren't bad people. the people that give aren't bad people, the people that don't give aren't bad people

they are all just people, born with this flaw in our nature that we must work on to overcome.

which you can't do by putting a dollar in the cup.

You have to understand the systems that are in place working against all of us in our journey to eradicate poverty and achieve a more peaceful and verdant world

the end
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2018-07-24 08:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
even more so if your first post on ffxiah is to ask for a handout
But it wasn't even his first post. He had at least 20 on the site before that thread.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 09:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
But it wasn't even his first post. He had at least 20 on the site before that thread.

I don't know who you are talking about!!! >.> <.< >.>

but um yeah twenty posts huh? /whoopty woo finger wow.
we should give him a badge and a purple bar.

If someone else who say contributed oh idk exactly 26,927 posts asked me for a couple bucks and we had formed a idk if I would call it a bond maybe a camaraderie over a really long period of time...

ok so you would probably still get a really long lecture...but if you asked someone nicer than me....
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 09:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

PARKER Edit:
and this person you are referring to probably also doesn't have exactly 87 pictures of food on instagram either...

Nikolce's perspective isn't exactly NORMAL... here's the memo if you didn't get yours... /hands spath the memo
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-07-24 09:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Which has nothing to do with boycotting FFXIAH.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 09:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Which has nothing to do with boycotting FFXIAH.

lmao

yeah it's totally unrelated...
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-07-24 09:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You're devoting time to writing long paragraphs over a thing you should just scroll past.

If anything, you should contribute to his thing for providing you a way to exercise your free time you weirdo.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 09:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
You're devoting time to writing long paragraphs over a thing you should just scroll past.

If anything, you should contribute to his thing for providing you a way to exercise your free time you weirdo.

Maybe you can just scroll past it... I gotta be me...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 09:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-07-24 10:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you can just scroll past it... I gotta be me...

Nah, thanks for the suggestion but hey shine on you socially awkward diamond.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 10:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

shine on you socially awkward diamond.

I'd like to see someone try and stop me!

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Numbahz 2018-07-24 11:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes time and effort to do anything, how much? Well that's honestly not your place to decide. I am not for handouts ever but just as all of we are adults and can make our choices of what we choose to be part of, we can simply ignore it or do something about it. So just as one's effort maybe to ignore someone's post, contribute to there cause or sit there and slander those who ask we all are making the choice to do so and you will never ever change people making there own choices, sorry..
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 11:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Numbahz said: »
It takes time and effort to do anything, how much? Well that's honestly not your place to decide. I am not for handouts ever but just as all of we are adults and can make our choices of what we choose to be part of, we can simply ignore it or do something about it. So just as one's effort maybe to ignore someone's post, contribute to there cause or sit there and slander those who ask we all are making the choice to do so and you will never ever change people making there own choices, sorry..

and yet here you are trying to convince me of your point of view.

[+]
By Bongyogha 2018-07-24 11:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds about right, every reply to your thread to boycott is like a million spoons of pudding going down your throat @ least he is right, making a post about how you dislike something is incredibly ignorant and selfish.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 12:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongyogha said: »
Sounds about right, every reply to your thread to boycott is like a million spoons of pudding going down your throat @ least he is right, making a post about how you dislike something is incredibly ignorant and selfish.

[+]
By Smokinskull 2018-07-24 12:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You still at it I see....
By Bongyogha 2018-07-24 12:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey spamozo, we all have our thoughts and opinions and leave it at that.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-24 12:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know who you are talking about!!! >.> <.< >.>

but um yeah twenty posts huh? /whoopty woo finger wow.
we should give him a badge and a purple bar.

If someone else who say contributed oh idk exactly 26,927 posts asked me for a couple bucks and we had formed a idk if I would call it a bond maybe a camaraderie over a really long period of time...

ok so you would probably still get a really long lecture...but if you asked someone nicer than me....

Oh you don't know?

Why does a person need a lecture when life smacks them in the face for no reason? Someone who is well to do, someone who pays taxes, contributes to the community and serves the needs of others? You think you are exempt from life happening to you?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 12:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Smokinskull said: »

fifty years so far and no signs of slowing down.

It's ok if you're not ready to hear what I am saying to you right now.

this

it's unfortunate, perhaps, but this is the truth. it's as inexplicable as is it inescapable and unfair.

I have just understood and accepted it.

maybe someday you will understand what I was trying to say and maybe you never will.
[+]
By Smokinskull 2018-07-24 12:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fifty years so far and no signs of slowing down.

It's ok if you're not ready to hear what I am saying to you right now.

this

it's unfortunate, perhaps, but this is the truth. it's as inexplicable as is it inescapable and unfair.

I have just understood and accepted it.

maybe someday you will understand what I was trying to say and maybe you never will.
Maybe God will bless us and end your life sooner rather than later. Maybe you will understand this and maybe you wont ever. People like you are a cancer to society.

Was it the peoples choice during Natural Disasters, Hurricane Katrina, Tornadoes in the Midwest?, Flooding in the East? Did these people choose this? When unexpected things happen, whether prepared or not is it our choices? I strongly believe as much time as you spend on this forum you are some 50 year old man who's parents still take care of him or some trust fund baby who has never struggled. You wanna teach me something call me up and plan out my future since you know all and have the key to life, God!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 12:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongyogha said: »
Hey spamozo, we all have our thoughts and opinions and leave it at that.

and this, my friend, is where we have come to share them....

this is the grand arena of the mind...

do you have any idea how boring it would be if we were all the same?

[+]
By Zerowone 2018-07-24 12:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Off to start a go fund me for this thread. It needs help.
By Viciouss 2018-07-24 12:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats uh, whats going on here?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-24 12:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe God will bless us and end your life sooner rather than later. Maybe you will understand this and maybe you wont ever. People like you are a cancer to society.

Was it the peoples choice during Natural Disasters, Hurricane Katrina, Tornadoes in the Midwest?, Flooding in the East? Did these people choose this? When unexpected things happen, whether prepared or not is it our choices? I strongly believe as much time as you spend on this forum you are some 50 year old man who's parents still take care of him or some trust fund baby who has never struggled. You wanna teach me something call me up and plan out my future since you know all and have the key to life, God!

I love you.

let me call the beach boys and see if they will change the lyrics...

[+]
By Smokinskull 2018-07-24 12:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah you guessed it all ready... I know... however, /clears throat

BOYCOTT ELECTRONIC PANHANDLING!!!

I'm against it as a general rule and even more so if your first post on ffxiah is to ask for a handout, your instagram has three pictures of your kids and eighty seven pictures of take out that you obviously blew what should of been your savings on and you refuse to even consider other people's viewpoints regardless of how deranged they may be.

No I am not speaking of anyone specifically... just in very broad generalities. very broad terms...this boycott has absolutely nothing to do with any past, current or recent plea for help in our community... any similarities to anyone living is purely coincidental.

I boycott them all on general principles and I hope you will too.

We have to fight it! because it is in our nature to fight it and let's face it

I'm a huge jerk!
Was not my first post.
All that food on there I COOKED
But My Instagram is Private sooooooo????
What part did you miss in my Original post about me emptying my savings on Council? Do you conveniently forget this or just refuse to acknowledge this? Same for me being laid off? Or the fact that I go back to work in less than a week?
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43