Good BLU Augments On Moonshade Earring?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Good BLU augments on Moonshade Earring?
Good BLU augments on Moonshade Earring?
 Asura.Rinuko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-08-10 03:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bit late on wotg but on final battle now but can't decide on what augments to get on my Moonshade Earring.

Leaning towards regain refresh+1 as an idle piece.
Thoughts?
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-08-10 03:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

TP Bonus unless it's a mule or you don't plan on using swords.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-10 03:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

TP Bonus is non-negotiable for BLU unless you literally never plan on using a WS. Acc or atk are both good secondary augments. Personally, I have atk/TP Bonus as CDC is already a DEX based WS so you'll have pretty high accuracy.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-10 03:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

TP bonus is pretty much a must. For the other slot, I would recommend acc+4 as I believe it is generally more useful than att+4, unless you are OCD about best-in-slot for max possible damage. If you won't use BLU to melee in ilvl content, then att+4 for sure.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-10 07:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack and TP Bonus is basically the given across the board for all jobs unless you're super-specialized on one job (for instance, ranged attacked instead of attack if you're hardcore ranger/corsair...but even as an own of Death Penalty, Annihilator, and Yoichinoyumi, I still keep it w/ attack for all the other jobs).

It's just that useful in comparison to the rest.

Asura.Rinuko said: »
Is the TP regain only 1 per tic? Seems like a waste if that's the case.

It's generally be acknowledged since even before TP changes happened that this was a waste of an augment.

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
TP bonus is pretty much a must. For the other slot, I would recommend acc+4 as I believe it is generally more useful than att+4, unless you are OCD about best-in-slot for max possible damage. If you won't use BLU to melee in ilvl content, then att+4 for sure.

It may be more useful for BLU specific to have acc+4 because it's a sword job with pretty much all multi-hit weaponskills, but in a general DD sense the attack+4 is better given the propensity of other jobs using single-hit or magic-based weapon skills. I would stick with the attack+4 myself.

That said, as long as you're taking TP bonus, you're likely doing it right, and the other augment is best tailored to your specific situation.
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-10 08:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

regain is 10 /tic, only when weapon is drawn, refresh is 1 /tic, only when weapon is away and does not work when /healing.

as was said, the common assessment for years has been that TP Bonus > all unless you never, ever, ever plan to swing a weapon. your secondary augment in addition to that is going to be personal choice/need. I personally took Acc. +4 as the jobs I prefer to play most frequently use multi-hit weaponskills.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-10 08:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
I personally took Acc. +4 as the jobs I prefer to play most frequently use multi-hit weaponskills.

Yeah. I edited my post b/c after I responded I realized/remembered that, hey, there are some one-handers out there that only have multi-hits. :x
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-10 09:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

two handers as well, Resolution, Stardiver, Upheaval are generally best in their weapon class.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-10 09:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but those weapons generally don't suffer from acc problems in any instances where you'd actually have them along.

Not to the point where 4 acc is going to help in a meaningful way, anyhow.

I don't know. All I ever get to use my melees on anymore is for skillchains in vagary. *grumble*
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-10 10:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

One-hander accuracy is no worse than two-hander accuracy. Furthermore, BLU has the highest accuracy of any melee.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-10 10:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
One-hander accuracy is no worse than two-hander accuracy. Furthermore, BLU has the highest accuracy of any melee.

I'm referring to the accuracy bonus of one-hit weapon skills.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-10 10:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi-hit WS tend to wear gear that already has a good amount of accuracy on it without even really trying. If your WS accuracy is bad, then your TP phase accuracy is probably even worse- unless you're just grossly undergeared for whatever it is that you're doing, that's a buff problem, not a gear problem.

Furthermore, if I were to switch to an accuracy set for CDC, it wouldn't even include Moonshade anymore.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-10 10:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

TP bonus is locked, but the secondary augment is completely negotiable. 4 attack or accuracy aren't remotely as powerful as the once were, and a case could be made for just about all the other options.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-10 10:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Basically I was just correcting myself to say that anyhow.

I just wanted to make it clear I'm aware that two-handers are no longer innately more accurate.

Or something.

Why am I even in a BLU forum in any case, I hate Altana damned imperials!

[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-10 12:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please tell me the most damage att+4 can add against the weakest mob where you are at least 4 att below cap... Until then I am with acc in this :3

I understand that epeen is important for some people, but you should consider that most people don't run around with acc buffs/eva debuffs all the time in ilvl content.

Furthermore, if I were to switch to an accuracy set for CDC, it wouldn't even include Moonshade anymore.

The best accuracy earring you can wear is acc+12. That leaves an acc+7 or +8 earring for the Moonshade slot, but would you ever EVER sacrifice TP bonus+250 for 3 or 4 more acc?... I assume the answer would be "of course not".
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-10 12:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand that epeen is important for some people, but you should consider that most people don't run around with acc buffs/eva debuffs all the time in ilvl content.

Ramyrez said: »
That said, as long as you're taking TP bonus, you're likely doing it right, and the other augment is best tailored to your specific situation.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-10 12:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You could make a pretty strong argument for MAB if you use COR a lot.

TP Bonus on CDC isn't as big as you're making it out to be- If I'm switching to an accuracy set for CDC, it's going to be to Steelflash/Bladeborn.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-10 12:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough, although I didn't really mean it to be a direct response to you :)

I am just saying that I don't believe there is a good enough reason to choose att+4 over acc+4 unless you are absolutely sure you are acc capped all the time in your WS gear.

It also became slightly more important when they made main hand hit rate cap 99% and that means it is even more important for CDC since the main hand hit fTP carries over to additional hits.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-10 16:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You could make a pretty strong argument for MAB if you use COR a lot.

TP Bonus on CDC isn't as big as you're making it out to be- If I'm switching to an accuracy set for CDC, it's going to be to Steelflash/Bladeborn.

I haven't kept up, but wouldn't the most you get from tp bonus be around 3% crit? I'd imagine just a few DEX or multi-attack could weigh pretty similar against most targets. That's specifically for CDC, TP bonus adds a lot to some ws.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-08-10 20:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There is some heavy over-exaggeration going on in here lol. The difference between moonshade and a DA earring or whatever on CDC is pretty insignificant, and last time I looked it wasn't even BIS at high pdif.