Should I Come Back To Play?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Should I come back to play?
Should I come back to play?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-07-15 18:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't played since May 2015 and was wondering what's the current population like. Since I play mostly 7:30pm to 12am est I remember before I took time off it was very dead. Any groups looking for experienced players or is everyone doing the solo/low man stuff. Most my friends have moved on but I got that ffxi itch again. Any advice is appreciated.
[+]
 Odin.Taberif
Server: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2015-07-15 18:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

6man groups with high availability are where its at now. Come back and enjoy the /new/ content. its a cheap hobby. theres plenty of groups that could make you enjoy the game
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-15 18:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Find a tight-knit group of a few other players. The game has transitioned almost entirely to 6-man or less content. It works perfectly for me with my small group of close friends. If you find a good group of people, you'll really enjoy it. Just don't expect the content to wow you if you're solo. This game is not meant to be played alone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-07-15 18:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the problem. My tight group mostly jumped on the ff14 train

I pretty much have done all of vagery before I left and did the first part of the new 3 part add on and would like to know if any groups on Bismarck are doing stuff at 8pm est till midnight.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-15 18:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're dedicated to coming back and don't have any friends on your current server, I would probably suggest transferring to something more populated, such as Asura or Odin. You'll most likely find more people with whom you could network on a larger server, as I hear Bismarck is not one of the more active servers at the moment.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher
By Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher 2015-07-23 23:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Haven't played since May 2015 and was wondering what's the current population like. Since I play mostly 7:30pm to 12am est I remember before I took time off it was very dead. Any groups looking for experienced players or is everyone doing the solo/low man stuff. Most my friends have moved on but I got that ffxi itch again. Any advice is appreciated.
Hey Nick! Hope u remember me from ol days,glad to see ur still arround here somewhere :) I kinda stopped playng XI when XIV came out in 2013 but i got the same itch and i still come arround on major updates as most of the times its pretty dead like you noticed yourself.I sugest doin the final missions (rhapsodies of vana diel) as they r a lot of fun and i found a lot of ppl coming back to play them especially during the free log in campaign.As for the endgame stuff it takes ages to get even a small group going and its a big waste of time.Peace and hope to see ya arround next time they update rhapsodies of vanadiel~!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Johnb
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-10-01 04:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Still dead, especially on weekdays. About 400 people on during NA primetime (your play time).