Keeping The Animikii Bullet.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Keeping the Animikii Bullet.
Keeping the Animikii Bullet.
 Asura.Lior
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lior
By Asura.Lior 2016-01-09 09:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
(I still never got Animikii to drop..)

O.O really? It seems to have pretty high drop rate :O

After losing my first one I tried to get it back from Hurkan. I killed it 9 times and havent seen it drop. Done all the other wkr then instead. Just sucks that other ppl are needed for some of them. So yes, I can confirm that the bullet really isn't -that- common. Making it even more valuable and thats why it sucks so much to lose it. Maybe it is a good idea like someone else stated before to get 1 bullet for every mule. Still, it shouldn't even happen in the first place >.<
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-09 09:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should really make it a pouch. Even with a longass recast so you can't use it for weaponskills but at least you get it back for sure .-.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-09 16:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can put this in your Gearswap's precast section:
Code
		if (spell.name == 'Ranged'
		or spell.name == 'Last Stand' 
		or spell.name == 'Detonator' 
		or spell.name == 'Heavy Shot'
 		or spell.name == 'Hot Shot' 
		or spell.name == 'Sniper Shot'
		or spell.name == 'Split Shot' 
		or spell.name == 'Slug Shot' 
		or spell.name == 'Numbing Shot' 
		or spell.name == 'Leaden Salute' 
		or spell.name == 'Wildfire') and player.equipment.ammo == "Animikii Bullet" then
			cancel_spell()
		end
Just make sure you put it AFTER the normal sets for your WSs, or else you'll cancel shooting before it even tries to equip the proper ammo.

You can also add something like this to the WS/Ranged precast to check your inventory for the proper ammo:
Code
if player.inventory["ammo name"] == nil then 
	cancel_spell()
	send_command('@input /echo WS cancelled cuz you forgot the good bullets')
end
This will cancel the WS if you run out of ammo or if you had them put away somewhere. I'm not that fancy a gearswap wizard, but I know it's possible for it to also retrieve said ammo from case/sack/satchel if you have it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mazurat
Server: Bismarck
user: Mazurat
By Bismarck.Mazurat 2016-01-15 13:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This might be late as I read a few responses and then went straight to the bottom, but macro functionality has always been an issue since I started playing in 2004. No macro combo works 100% of the time. I found out many times blowing a SATA Viper Bite in Garliage because SA/TA/WS wouldnt always work as intended. Shooting the PPA on Rng..... Painful as a San d'Orian

Tried several options but in the end I decided that the safest way to ensure they worked was to completely separate all macros into individual macros.

Not the most efficient use of macro spaces but I haven't had any major failures since I've done it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-01-15 14:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to reiterate that although my macros are not "optimal" to some, and require an extra second or so, I still have my Animikii Bullet. And I don't fight on my own all the time, I run Vagary with full alliances and still don't lose the bullet if I have lag. It doesn't kill my DPS either, I'm often praised for my damage on Corsair, even when I'm not really trying because I'm too busy leading.

I highly recommend the macros I posted on the previous page (before the first bump) if you're having trouble. I don't use gearswap, only scripts and the in-game macros, so I know it's not optimal for everyone. If anyone uses the macros and STILL shoot their bullet away, please let me know; it would be a big surprise.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Arceo
user: ARCEO
By Cerberus.Arceo 2016-04-05 16:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing to add kylos is WKR now gives vouchers that can be traded for one wkr weapon or armor. Keeping a few stacks of them(they drop like candy in wkr campaign) will let you get a new one right away
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1251 days between previous and next post]
By Galkapryme 2019-09-08 17:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is 4 years old, but QD doesn't consume ammo. Not sure if this was a later change or not, as I just started working on COR like a year ago.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-08 17:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

QD never ate bullets, but packet loss/lag/gs fail could when you shot a ws after a QD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-08 18:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So when you're spamming macros, you forget that little nugget is in your sets. Quickly trying to keep up with TP, you will inevitably qd > WS at some point. Depending on how fast you click off, you're going to risk losing it. You can put all of the macros in your sets that you want to try to prevent it, but there's always a chance you will leaden in animikii.

I've just made it a habit of delaying my QD to prevent it from happening and I haven't lost a bullet in two years
By Galkapryme 2019-09-09 04:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. I haven't had that happen to me yet, and I often fire off a regular ranged attack or a LS. I also use GS, so that might be why I haven't experienced it.
By Galkapryme 2019-10-01 04:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I shot mine yesterday when I was dealing with 6-second lag.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-10-01 08:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon I won't have to worry about this, but right now I keep about 5-6 WK Kupons in my MH just in case I ever shoot it. Ironically I never have.