Forum » FFXI » General » Possible "A Shantotto Ascension" rewards
Possible "A Shantotto Ascension" rewards
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 12:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Must be because we operate in JP time. And because Odin is closed.

I could do with some new RNG WS legs.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-31 12:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd still kill to wear something similar to byakko's on blu or thf and I got homams. Which is in alot higher demand and generally harder to get.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-08-31 12:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically I never paid for any sky items, people charge way too much for them. The only thing I ever did was have an LS kill Kirin for me, because one of my many sky LS's broke up before I could use my pop set.

The only thing they wanted in return was to lot wlegs, and I wanted was K. Osode or NBody. After it happened, I got the osode and they got D body. So I didn't pay any gil, that's the closest I came to it.

People charge oodles of gil for drops sky. I'm offering 1mil for Nhands, but so far, no takers, people want like 3mil minimum. Screw that!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-31 12:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah my ls... um like all of them just stopped playing at the same time lol. So think Im gonna get kirins mercd and solo the lesser gods after buying the pop items that I cant solo or arent worth the effort
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-31 12:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe, I'm thinking of doing the same thing, Das. I have pop items and gil... Just no time to put people together to do the fights. So, I'll offer up my pops/gil and fight with them... Then get the drops afterward. =)
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 12:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Crazy. We've been doing Sky for maybe 3 years now and people still want things. The majority of our items goes free lot bar haidate and kirin items. We just wouldn't think to sell them because people want them even if they are lotting them for no point cost.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-31 12:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... for the things my rdm/nin cant solo its gonna be blm/nin zombieing ftw!!!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-31 12:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
Crazy. We've been doing Sky for maybe 3 years now and people still want things. The majority of our items goes free lot bar haidate and kirin items. We just wouldn't think to sell them because people want them even if they are lotting them for no point cost.
Pffffff, when people quit spending points on our stuff we immediately started getting buyers. The income from drops, even little things, is pretty obscene.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 12:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that people are quitting spending points, more they're saving points for something else.

Our system is basically whoever wants an item says so, highest points wins and their points are halved.
 Remora.Jackieolivas
Server: Remora
user: Rahziela
By Remora.Jackieolivas 2009-08-31 12:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if anyone has ever said this before, but did anyone else notice that 4 of 6 pieces the gear introduced in the last two mini expansions are taken directly from character models from Final Fantasy III DS? Nuevo coselete and Champion's Galea are from the Knight class. Royal redingote seems to be a modified combination of Sage and Evoker body pieces. And Selenian Cap is obviously taken right from the Magus class. Just a little food for thought.

Its kind of cool that they are paying homage to past designs from other games, but there has been an overall lack of originality in model designs over the last few years. The fact that they add weapons and armor with great stats on boring models speaks volumes of this. Koggelmandr is the most recent victim of this.

And and for everyone commenting on Square making their designs flashy. I have to disagree. To add some meat to that statement, I challange anyone that has played Final Fantasy: Charlie's Angels Edition (aka FFX2) to look through that game's strategy guide or look up YRP's job class models online and tell me that wasn't the epitome of Square's flashiness and originality. Of course, FFX2 suffered from some reused models and ideas (like various swords taken straight from FFX and Yuna having Tidus' fighting stance on her Warrior class) but that is almost to be expected considering the game is direct sequel.

With all that on the table, please /discuss.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-31 12:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... They're just using all of their resources and best designers on FFXIV! Or at least... I hope they are. FFXI is kinda meh to me and just something to keep me busy until I get XIV. XD
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 12:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the chances that they'll do Gloves AND Feet with 1 Augment only

http://petfoodalpha.com/4968/square-enix-brings-refias-wardrobe-to-vanadiel
FF3
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-31 12:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What if they do something completely unexpected and actually do non visible peices or armor. Or even lol weapons.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 12:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
What if they do something completely unexpected and actually do non visible peices or armor. Or even lol weapons.

Karusan said:
If they are going to give an item it will be gloves, legs or feet.

The simple reason is you can easily see these items and that means people will check the person wearing it and want the item themselves and then go buy the mini expansion.

They've already done weapons. Non-visible item means no in-game advertising for SE, won't happen.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-31 13:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What weapons?
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 13:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not serious are you?
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-31 13:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Jackieolivas said:
The fact that they add weapons and armor with great stats on boring models speaks volumes of this

I know I wasn't the only one that wanted to replace haub with neuvo just to wear something that looks different.

...then I SAW it. Good. GOD.

ugly
 Fairy.Seriin
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2009-08-31 13:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahligieri said:
Jackieolivas said:
The fact that they add weapons and armor with great stats on boring models speaks volumes of this

I know I wasn't the only one that wanted to replace haub with neuvo just to wear something that looks different.

...then I SAW it. Good. GOD.

ugly

I actually like the Neuvo myself, but then again I play Dragoon who lacks 5m + for Zahak's and anything is better than the red poo I had been staring at since I hit 57.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-31 13:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:

Very much. I haven't seen any weapons you get after doing missions that give you choseable augments on them.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-08-31 13:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Karusan said:

Very much. I haven't seen any weapons you get after doing missions that give you choseable augments on them.

He means the Fey weapons.

Also I do believe it'll be legs to, however I can see where people argue about there being enough leg armor already. Guess we'll find out in a month or two. On who's right.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-31 13:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what he meant but by that token you could count FOV. I'm saying it's nothing like the armors we've gotten from the missions
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 13:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Now you're being picky.

They have done weapons where you do a quest that contains a fight to obtain augments on that weapon.

That's the extent of augment weapons they will add.

Dasva said:
I know what he meant but by that token you could count FOV. I'm saying it's nothing like the armors we've gotten from the missions
Not really because FOV is a very non-specific augments. All the weapon augments are positive enhancements to those weapons and the weapons were designed to be augmented through the quest.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-31 13:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Karusan said:
Now you're being picky.

They have done weapons where you do a quest that contains a fight to obtain augments on that weapon.

That's the extent of augment weapons they will add.

Nope. Its no where near the same. You can't chose anything. Guess what they've done fights that you can augment almost any armor!!! Guess the new one should be ammo then or something.
Karusan said:
Dasva said:
Not really because FOV is a very non-specific augments. All the weapon augments are positive enhancements to those weapons and the weapons were designed to be augmented through the quest.

True but still no where near as good as the mission ones. Still no choice. And too job specific. And you can get as many as you want. Really those quest are way more similar to FOV then the mission equips
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 13:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The intent of the weapons is for augmenting through a specific quest. That's why they were added. The results of the augments for each weapon are from a list with varying levels of stats, you just can't choose them but they will always be from the same list.

FOV is FOV.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 13:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They are similar because there's no story behind it and you can't choose the specific augment yourself.

Which to me makes perfect sense.

Going back to what I said originally, SE will -not- add a weapon because they've already implemented something to fill that gap.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-31 13:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. I want mission stuff. They Haven't done that. The whole point of the mission stuff vs just random keys you get along the way is getting specific buffs for certain armors. Sometimes really good ones.

Theres very few fey weapons that have ever made me go wow I'd actually use that over something I could easily buy.

Either way I say your weapon argument is just about as strong as using FOV
 Ragnarok.Ryuko
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Ryuko 2009-08-31 13:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just posting my own thoughts
story rewards:

ROZ earring

COP ring

ROZ + COP = earring

TOAU = ring

ACP = body

AMC = head

only parts yet to be filled are

Feet legs + waist

that being said i predict

WOTG ending reward = legs/feet

A Shantotto Ascension = legs/feet

Waist = will most likely come from the ENM rewards part of the story like the other augmented random armor are

Makes sense to me =D
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 13:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

And I want a story mission that takes a day for me to get a Burtgang, I'm not gonna get that either.

Quote:
A New Challenge Awaits!
The greatest heroes and heroines of Vana'diel—those who have achieved the pinnacles of their respective professions—can also look forward to a new quest that will test the limits of their prodigious powers, and promise rich rewards in kind.
With hordes of fell beasts threatening their ancestral homelands, the pixies would entreat your aid. By entering into a pact with the fey folk to slay one of their notorious foes, high level players will have the opportunity to obtain an augmented item to add to their arsenal.
While Fields of Valor and the elite training regimes offer quick, straightforward objectives that can be enjoyed by lone wolves, this new quest is intended to provide a significant challenge to full parties of up to six veteran adventurers.

To participate in this quest, players must first craft a suitable weapon via a set of new recipes that will be introduced in the coming version update. Entrust one such weapon to the new quest-giving NPC and successfully complete the assigned task, and your weapon will be retuned, freshly endowed with an augment of impressive potency. Should the initial enchantment not be to your liking, you will also have the opportunity to slay a different foe—up to a maximum of five times—to receive a new augment that may better suit your needs.
User submitted image
This quest will offer something for everyone, as each member of the victorious party who has accepted the quest will be eligible to reap the augmented reward. Even players who have not accepted the augmentation quest will be compensated for assisting fellow adventurers with a bounty of their own.
- http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/detail/4728/detail.html

The emphasis is that it's seperate to Field of Valor. By your logic the augmented body pieces are the same as FoV.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-31 13:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

By your logic its the same as the missions. And by my logic its the whole scheme of doing missions chosing and armor and augments that makes a bigger difference then the small ones between FOV and the missions. Hell why do you think they even empasized the difference between fey weapons and FOV? Because of the great deal of similarity.

And really burtgang? Couldn't you at least said something realistic.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-31 13:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Dasva you're right, they're going to add weapons in the next update.

That or it's 3am and I really couldn't give a ***.