Best Spot To Get The New Dual Elemental Spells?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Best spot to get the new dual elemental spells?
Best spot to get the new dual elemental spells?
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-26 16:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I tried a few of these dual elementals in Adoulin areas (all the gates zones and Cirdas have them if weather co-operates), but it's not a guarenteed win.

These check incredibly tough and pose quite a challenge for my 119 BLU even with 4 optimal trusts (I used Moogle, Koru, Karaha, Kuyin).

Because of my rotten luck I wasn't able to learn any spells from these. Shame..

Then I went to Walk of Echoes #15 since dual elementals are there, but it doesn't look like you can learn spells there. I mean, I killed every single enemy in the zone and I learned no spells.

So is there a better alternative for the gates/Cirdas elementals? Or maybe some other tips to make fights a bit easier against these?

Oh and before you say: just ask someone or team up; that'll happen later. I'm just trying to see if I can get some of these solo first.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-26 16:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish has the battlefield icon, doesn't it? It would be the same as Walk of Echoes. I'm not entirely sure you can learn spells, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-26 16:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can get 2 more people, try Vagary (Duskbrood Gate). You can safely pull each elemental by meleeing it and running to a safe location for casting. After you've killed all 4, warp out, grab another KI, and go again.

The elementals also appear in safer areas, here are some tips:
- Byrgens are always up in both Ra'Kaznar zones (albeit very deep in). They can also spawn near the Skirmish entrance in Yorcia during earth weather.
- Ungeweders can spawn in Marjami and Sih, but I don't know where. I believe there's a spawn north of bivouac 2 in Ceizak, around some bees and sheep.
- Baelfyrs can only appear in Yahse and Moh Gates. Not sure where in either, as fire weather is rare. Vagary might be your best bet for those spells.
- Gelfyrsts can appear in Sih Gates, Hennetiel, Woh Gates, and Kamihr. I know in Hennetiel they can spawn during rain on the secret beach (south of bivouac 2, past the orobons).
- Elementals thematically tend to spawn in locations where their element would "gather", but it kinda goes out the window when most places are basically the same all over. Best guess would be nearby Ergon Loci though.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-26 17:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Skirmish has the battlefield icon, doesn't it? It would be the same as Walk of Echoes. I'm not entirely sure you can learn spells, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

The battlefield icon isn't what causes spell learning to be disabled. You can learn them in Skirmish.

If you want to learn some first before getting help (which is what I did), the easiest, most consistently up (in this case, always up) Byrgens are in Outer Ra'Kaznar, the exact locations of which are actually marked on wiki's maps. You can check the weather NPC before you go, but Ice weather is super common in Morimar for Gefyrst. There are 2 spawns near #4 (one on the cliff by the pond, the other closer to the bivouac and another by #3).

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-26 18:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a ton guys :)
I'm gonna write these locations down and give them a shot tomorrow!
 Asura.Xavierreivax
Server: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Xavierreivax 2015-06-26 20:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember SE added these HQ elementals in Sky at some point. I have no idea where, been like 4 years since I even went to sky >.>
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-26 20:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't use WS.
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-26 21:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

are not at least half of the dual element elementals available in the final three Abyssea zones?
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2015-06-26 23:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Enter sih from a normal entrance at the bottom of ceizak and move north. you'll see some chapuli -> some mandys beside a reive -> a room with bees and leeches; that's the room with the Ungeweder.

A Gefyrst also spawns in the big room at G-6, just to the west of the room you're talking about.
[+]
By bradinthebox 2015-06-27 00:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can find two Ungeweders (wind+thunder) just north of Biv #1/East Adoulin exit in Yahse Hunting Grounds, one on the beach at E-8 and one in the trisection leading there. Wind weather comes by fairly often.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-06-27 00:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
are not at least half of the dual element elementals available in the final three Abyssea zones?

Abyssea elementals don't do TP moves.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-27 02:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Even more options :D
I love you guys!

I mean, it's still going to be a bit of a waiting game in some cases because of the weather, but it's FAR better than getting my butt kicked on the IT enemies.

But if there's one thing Blue Mage has taught me it's patience.
And I got loads~
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-27 18:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Learned Anvil Lightning!

Then went to secret beach and was able to defeat 6 Gefrysts today. Sadly no spells learned, but I'll try again tomorrow ;)

I added the info for Anvil Lightning:

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Mage

Page might not exist just yet, since the content needs to be verified by a site admin. But you can expect it to become available very shortly.

So thanks again for the tips guys =) Gonna try get 100% BLU magic yet again soon!
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-06-27 20:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

With Byrgens, make sure you pull them back from your trust NPCs a bit, if possible. Entomb really sucks, and they are probably capable of killing you if they get you and all your healers with it at a bad time.

There are two Gelfyrsts in Morimar near Biv #4 (one really close, by the lake, and the other on top of the cliff, also by a lake - kind of near the Peiste NM spawn) and there's also one near Biv #3, also by the lake. I'd ignore the one on top of the cliff and just teleport between #3 and #4 for the closer ones... ice weather can come and go pretty quickly in Morimar.

Baelfyrs, you're probably better off going into Vagary or Skirmish for - fire weather probably won't happen until it's like May or June in Vana'diel (?).
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-27 21:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just use Amchuchu with the Byrgens and they can't really do much.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-27 21:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

don't the ones in that final WoE flux use them?
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-06-27 21:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
don't the ones in that final WoE flux use them?

Yes, but it's been discussed in the main BLU thread that people have tried to learn spells in WoE, but it's not possible to learn spells there.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-27 21:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Alluvion yorcia Skirmish for the spells. Fire/light, and thunder/wind at least

You can check the weather NPC in Eastern Adoulin(F-9) Inthius

Ice/Water you can get in two places outside that weather is frequent.

Foret Biv #2, all the way down on the beach when it rains

Morimar #5 near the lake when it snows

Byrgens: thereish

Thunder/wind you can find a few places outside. Like Yahse and Marjami. The one in Marjami is Biv #3 down where the Rabbits and Flytraps are. Near the vine to go up to Woh gates map #2
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-27 22:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

All the Byrgens spawns for Outer are marked on the wiki maps.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-28 03:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Once I've learned the two spells ftom the water/ice hybrid elemental I'll be checking out that spot in Outer Ra'Kaznar. Thanks again!

Oh and:

"Morimar #5 near the lake when it snows"

I didn't even know it could snow there. Sounds silly but with an area covered with hot springs and volcano-like terrain...

Anyway, this is turning out to be an awesome thread for people learning these. Be sure to post more findings if you come across some dual elementals on your travels =)
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-28 03:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, info is up now for Anvil Lightning:

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Anvil_Lightning

I made the page but couldn't have done it without the tips about Sih gates =D
I'll go back there tonight as well for a chance on Silent Storm.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-06-28 05:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i know there are hybrid eles in sky but cannot remember where or if they have the tp moves
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-28 05:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
i know there are hybrid eles in sky but cannot remember where or if they have the tp moves

According to wiki they are in The Shrine of Ru'Avitau.
Interesting, I didn't even know they were in that zone...
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-28 07:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They pop in the opposite room to Kirin, the element depends on what day it is, but they don't use any TP moves at all.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-28 08:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »

They pop in the opposite room to Kirin, the element depends on what day it is, but they don't use any TP moves at all.

Ah crud :/ That's a shame. Thanks for the information though!
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-28 17:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I had an AWESOME day today!

Learned Spectral Floe, Scouring Spate, Tenebral Crush, Entomb and Searing Tempest!

Added the pages to the wiki, so they should be up and readable for you guys in a few hours.

Learned the two Gefryst spells in Foret de Hennetiel. (on secret beach south of biv #2)

I learned Searing Tempest in Alluvion Skirmish (Yorcia) with Sash and tier 3 set (or higher). Had some friends to help me out and we had about 20 minutes to learn spells once the army was strong enough.

I learned the two Byrgen spells in Outer Ra'kaznar (on the exact spot posted here in the thread :D)
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-29 15:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

W00T! Info about Searing Tempest, Spectral Floe, Scouring Plate, Entomb and Tenebral Crush are now up on the wiki:

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Searing_Tempest
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Spectral_Floe
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Scouring_Spate
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Entomb
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Tenebral_Crush

Camped my entire online time today in Sih Gates but no wind weather. Darn.

Better luck tomorrow =)
First Page 2 3