Is Blue Magic Hunting Still Accurate?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Is blue magic hunting still accurate?
Is blue magic hunting still accurate?
By lhova 2015-06-17 23:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to get charged whiskers and I'm 83 blue Mage with 311 blue magic skill and I can't learn it, I've read conflicting reports so just trying to confirm if it's still relevant. Thanks.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-18 01:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There shouldn't be anything in there that's incorrect, although it could be incomplete.
By lhova 2015-06-18 05:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty much asking can you learn charged whiskers at level 83 with 311 blue magic skill? I don't have af hands yet due to waiting real life days between getting af pieces so I've been spamming lynx and I can't learn it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-06-18 07:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
I'm pretty much asking can you learn charged whiskers at level 83 with 311 blue magic skill? I don't have af hands yet due to waiting real life days between getting af pieces so I've been spamming lynx and I can't learn it.

Don't waste your time trying to learn with the bare minimums. Get your af gloves and go back after you are a higher level or hell, even after you hit 99 and reforge your af gloves.

People commonly go 1/holyshit a few times as they learn spells, it's just the nature of blu and statistics so there's no point in making it worse.
[+]
By kronikx 2015-06-18 08:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's just the nature of BLU spells, a few I learned on the first try, then some have made me want to pull out my hair and throw my PC through the window before I finally learned them, that's even with AF gloves, fully capped and merited BLU magic skill, and wearing every piece of skill+ I had
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-06-18 11:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It took me about a million years to learn bloodrake at 99 with capped blue magic and +blue magic gear and my gloves. Sometimes it just takes forever.

That site is a great resource for older content/spells, and a pretty good one for newer content. I guess the guy has a real ***LS and he can't clear reives alone, so nowadays he has to rely partly on second hand reports for locations.

When I was leveling and couldn't learn a spell I would blow it off for a little while and do something fun then go back to it so I didn't bash my brains out.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-06-18 15:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
That site is a great resource for older content/spells, and a pretty good one for newer content. I guess the guy has a real ***LS and he can't clear reives alone, so nowadays he has to rely partly on second hand reports for locations.

I think this is a good thing to note. All of us should be providing info for him. I'm sure if he gets the info he'll put it in. His email link is on the bottom of the page on the main site.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-06-19 11:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I think this is a good thing to note. All of us should be providing info for him. I'm sure if he gets the info he'll put it in. His email link is on the bottom of the page on the main site.

As long as people help maintain the info it will remain a good resource. Last time I looked for new spells I was noticing "there is one in this zone somewhere" kind of guidance. If you aren't looking for the spell yourself but still have more info it would be nice to narrow down things like Dullahans, since the guy just can't get to them.