Lua Binding Gamepad Keys.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Lua binding gamepad keys.
Lua binding gamepad keys.
 Asura.Pintseyes
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-05-31 18:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiya,

I'm trying to use my job lua to bind a gamepad key instead of keyboard. First - is this even possible? Second - how would I know its "name" or "ID" to add to my lua?

Thanks for your time..
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-31 18:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The docs make no mention of it, which means it's unlikely to work (or if it does, it's not supported). I use AutoHotKey to bind things from the controller; what is it you're trying to do?
VIP
By Iryoku 2015-05-31 18:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There are tools like Xpadder that can do this, but it's not possible with Windower alone at this time.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-05-31 18:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I use joytokey to bind controller buttons to keys, then bind the keys to the desired in-game function.
[+]
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-06-03 23:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I'm famaliar with gamepad profilers. i suppose thats the only option then huh? Just wanted to see if I could use windower..

What I wanted to do, my job lua shows it bindings, per say if I want to stun press ctrl ^ and it'd stun. That was kinda the idea except I'd like to map stun to my bottom most trigger so I don't need to macro it.

Have anyone ever got a ban notice for using a outside application like this? That was kinda my big worry when I thought about using those.. SE don't detect em or anything ya?

TY all for the replies and time you spent answering.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-03 23:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

While it is SE and anything is possible, I severely doubt it. I doubt it's even truly possible to detect, as all the game would notice is a keypress.

That being said: to get it configured properly to work in the game would be interesting.
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-06-04 15:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

@Jeta

I agree, I decided to go through windows itself looking for a Identifier for button 7. no worky. likewise I changed the bindings to button 7, trigger 2, etc etc. I can't get it to work..

I'll get a gamepad profiler as suggested..

Thanks again everyone for your time.
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-06-22 16:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

New idea same concept. Can we somehow bind a STATE to our gamepads? Other than chatting I don't use any KB keys. I'm really trying to avoid dropping one hand off the gamepad to slam a key on the kb. I got these two triggers that are unused I'd like to bind to "something" useful that typically are bound to kb..

Am I still stuck using gamepad profiler? =(
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-23 23:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pintseyes said: »
New idea same concept. Can we somehow bind a STATE to our gamepads? Other than chatting I don't use any KB keys. I'm really trying to avoid dropping one hand off the gamepad to slam a key on the kb. I got these two triggers that are unused I'd like to bind to "something" useful that typically are bound to kb..

Am I still stuck using gamepad profiler? =(
bold = Mode Name
italic = Mode Value
underline = GearSwap command

Just make a macro with the following command:

/console gs c cycle OffenseMode

This particular one will cycle your Offense Mode (Normal, Acc, etc) I mean, what you're asking is effectively the same thing, but this way, you're not eliminating an entire button from your controller to do it.

You can also command it to toggle a particular value to your mode:

/console gs c set OffenseMode Acc

If it's an On or Off mode, like a Kiting mode, you use this:

/console gs c toggle KitingMode

As for the triggers, I use a wired Xbox 360 controller on my PC and the triggers do not work with the default driver, otherwise they would operate my macro books like they do on the 360 version of the game. The default driver detects the triggers as Z-Axis, not as buttons.
[+]
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-06-24 02:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude Vaf thanks. This is perfect actually. I mean I had this fetish with these unused triggers but overall, this is exactly what I wanted to achieve. Tested it out, works great.. I like the Yellow chat text indicating it proc'd.. Woop! Thanks again man..
By Jetackuu 2015-06-24 07:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I found this link the other day, I haven't been able to test it yet to verify if it works, but until now I had been looking for the win7 version of this for some time.

At the least set a restore point before you try it, in case it borks something:

http://lavendy.net/special/driver/x360wc/index.html
 Asura.Pintseyes
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-06-24 18:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaf! Thanks again I just realized you fixed my current question but also ended up explaining something else I failed at.. Prior to asking I was making macros similar with one exception, I was trying to make the macro the sameway I would type into chat.. My macros looked like

//gs load blm.lua

Obviously that never worked and I eventually gave up on the idea. Badass dude, this opens up a TON of possibilities for me.

Thanks for your time answering everyone.
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-06-26 02:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to be of assistance.