Gear Collector To Organizer!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Gear Collector to Organizer!
Gear Collector to Organizer!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-02 18:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's doing the same thing with bronze bullets and forbidden keys. Gearcollector wasn't perfect, but it was simple and saved a lot of time for players who change jobs frequently. I'm just going to stick with it for now, even if it's broken.

Just a thought, wouldn't it be better to freeze inventory only? Then it would just take out whatever wasn't there on the freeze, and bring everything else in? The other bags don't really matter if you want to bring specific equipment to the inventory.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-02 18:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can freeze anything you like; it does all bags by default, but if you say:

//org freeze inventory

then it will do just that. Likewise,

//org o inventory

will run repeated //org get inventory and //org tidy inventory until it has a state it's content with.

The full docs are here: https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/dev/addons/organizer
[+]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2015-06-08 21:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting this:
Code
Organizer: Lua runtime error: organizer/organizer.lua:436: attempt to index field 'default_file' (a nil value)

Any ideas? It was working ok a couple weeks ago, then I took a vacation and barely played the last week still seems broken. I assumed an update broke it since I don't think I changed anything in there. (although that is possible) but the file indicated isn't one I edit.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-08 21:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Brimstonefox said: »
I'm getting this:
Code
Organizer: Lua runtime error: organizer/organizer.lua:436: attempt to index field 'default_file' (a nil value)

Any ideas? It was working ok a couple weeks ago, then I took a vacation and barely played the last week still seems broken. I assumed an update broke it since I don't think I changed anything in there. (although that is possible) but the file indicated isn't one I edit.

Look at your config file. There was a broken update a while ago that would zero out config. If it's basically empty, delete that file and restart organizer, and it'll give you a new one with fresh defaults.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2015-06-08 21:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

well I don't know what it was but deleting the folder and getting a fresh download worked.

Edit: thanks, I guess I basically did that.
By bboyhard 2015-06-13 09:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to use Organizer to just grab every instance of a item? For example if i want to grab all Pet foods or mulsums not just the number that was initially frozen with organizer.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-13 09:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

bboyhard said: »
Is there a way to use Organizer to just grab every instance of a item? For example if i want to grab all Pet foods or mulsums not just the number that was initially frozen with organizer.

Not currently. It's on my to-do list, after a serious round of FFXIAH tasks.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [141 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-11-01 12:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started trying out Organizer, not sure what is wrong, but it won't move any gear out of my inventory into satchel,sack,case. It's just grabbing gear til inventory full and stops. (debug shows a lot of unable to get due to full inventory comments). Also what is the proper tidy command input? Tried a few variations and nothing seems to trigger it.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-11-03 10:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, had to set proper dump bags in xml file.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-11-19 12:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I'm coming back to this because gearcollector has completely stopped working now. It was still working as long as you had enough space for equipment to move .. but now it only brings in a few pieces and says it's finished, when it's not.

So I want to get into this Organiser thing again. Only thing is that I want to get my Dad sorted out with this too, and he's over 50 years old, so if anyone could provide the most simple guide to setting up your jobs for a quick equipment switch; it would be really handy.

I know I already tried to get this to work before, to how I like it, but perhaps I just wasn't doing it right. Someone, please, tell me how you switch jobs quickly with Organiser.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-11-19 12:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Ok I'm coming back to this because gearcollector has completely stopped working now. It was still working as long as you had enough space for equipment to move .. but now it only brings in a few pieces and says it's finished, when it's not.

So I want to get into this Organiser thing again. Only thing is that I want to get my Dad sorted out with this too, and he's over 50 years old, so if anyone could provide the most simple guide to setting up your jobs for a quick equipment switch; it would be really handy.

I know I already tried to get this to work before, to how I like it, but perhaps I just wasn't doing it right. Someone, please, tell me how you switch jobs quickly with Organiser.

Are you using GearSwap? Because it's super easy with GearSwap.

Otherwise, the basic functionality is all here, http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46589/organizer/ so let me know if you have specific questions.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-11-19 12:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No I'm not using gearswap. Can it be done without it? I prefer the regular scripts for my macros.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-11-19 13:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
No I'm not using gearswap. Can it be done without it? I prefer the regular scripts for my macros.

Sure. It works exactly how I explained it before, then:

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Asura.Cly said: »
Thanks guys,

Like I said above I don't use Addons Gearswap, I am still using Script to call text files using the "/console exec" method.

Rooks post mentions that we don't need GearSwap for Organizer. I don't have time to learn GearSwap(RL, etc), but I do plan to. In the mean time I would like have a quick(and dirty) method to get gear from my Mog House to Gobbiebag.

My mistake, I misread your original post.

What you're going to want to do is this:
1) get on a job, say, BRD.
2) get your inventory set as you like it
3) run //org freeze - this will make a bunch of Cly_BRD.lua files in appropriate places
4) repeat 1-3 for any other jobs you want quick access to
5) when you want to gear up BRD, change to BRD and run //org o

Step 5 will do its best to replicate your inventories (all of them) as closely to what you had as it can. You don't need gearswap for this at all, just some time getting your inventory set up so you can snapshot it with freeze.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-11-19 13:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give it another shot in a bit, I remember trying those instructions before and it wasn't working for me for some reason.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-11-19 15:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
You can freeze anything you like; it does all bags by default, but if you say:

//org freeze inventory

then it will do just that. Likewise,

//org o inventory

will run repeated //org get inventory and //org tidy inventory until it has a state it's content with.

The full docs are here: https://github.com/Windower/Lua/tree/dev/addons/organizer

This is the post which helped the most. I was using an old version of Organiser for some reason, and it had an error, so I deleted the files and reinstalled Organiser.

Then I did the steps above on THF and COR. Switched to COR instantly. Tried again for THF, switched to that job right away. Thanks for helping with this. My main problem was I didn't want to screenshot all the bags at the same time, just the Inventory, so Organiser would pull equipment from elsewhere and put it in there. I don't care too much about the other bags; I sort those out manually.

Also sorted out where I wanted the rest to go with the Dump Bags. Don't like things being dumped in Storage and Safe2 (old relics in there) so deleted them from the settings. I might be able to teach this to the old man now. Appreciated. :)
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-11-19 15:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

\o/

Enjoy!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-11-20 16:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I got it to work yesterday. But I tried again today and all I get is "Organizer: Starting". Why would it do that?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-11-21 13:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So sometime last night, while I was randomly looking around Port Jeuno, the message came up telling me it had found matched pieces of equipment. No idea why it suddenly decided to work.

I didn't log off, went to bed, woke up and tried to switch jobs. It works fine now, but I still don't understand why it took several hours for Organiser to start properly.
 Bahamut.Cdubs
Server: Bahamut
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2015-12-04 15:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there, I have a question about Organizer. I am getting it to work, but was wondering if there is a way to treat the wardrobe like inventory since you can equip gear from the wardrobe also. As of now i keep having to move gear out of the wardrobe and then //gs org a few times to move the gear around correctly. And still have to manually move gear in and out of the wardrobe to be able to gear it all. Unfortunately these days, gear set use more then 80 slots D:
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-12-04 15:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cdubs said: »
Hey there, I have a question about Organizer. I am getting it to work, but was wondering if there is a way to treat the wardrobe like inventory since you can equip gear from the wardrobe also. As of now i keep having to move gear out of the wardrobe and then //gs org a few times to move the gear around correctly. And still have to manually move gear in and out of the wardrobe to be able to gear it all. Unfortunately these days, gear set use more then 80 slots D:

I'm not sure if you can set it so that it moves gear listed in your GS file into your wardrobe. But is what I do, is put all of my accessories like earring, rings, belts, etc (all job gear) into my Wardrobe. That way, I always have it, and my Inventory is just weapons and gear
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-12-13 00:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the bump, but is there a way to do the <ignore> command (or <retain>) to prevent cp cape/rings from getting pulled out of my inventory in the xml file? I don't have any of those in any of my lua files and thought putting in a new rule into my xml file would be easier, just unsure of how to write said rule. Thanks for any response!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1232 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Jiib
Server: Shiva
user: jiibjiib
By Shiva.Jiib 2019-04-27 15:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

@Rooks
Ok having an odd issue. Here is the problem, I had organizer working beautifully and somehow broke it. I accidentally tried to run organizer in reisen, and when I went back to town I tried to do the command //gs org and nothing happens at all. I get no error, no text in chat, just it looks like nothing. Nothing shows up in chat and its acting as if i typed in nothing at all.

1. I tried unloading and reloading organizer and gearswap.
2. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling organizer and gearswap.
3. I tried a fresh clean install of windower with gearswap and org.
4. I tried a fresh clean install of FFXI (kinda, I didnt do full reinstall because I copied and pasted in all the update files so it wouldnt be 20 year update)
5. Here is the odd thing, When I check the file labeled organizer-debug it shows that it is working in the background, grabbing gear, but providing zero text or notification in game as to it doing any action.
6. When i run organizer on my alternate account, on the same pc, on the same instance of windower, and the same install directory of ffxi, it works perfectly fine. I do not understand how it works perfect on one account and completely fails on the other.
7. It does this with every LUA and every job change on my main account but does not do this on ANY of my other accounts and they are largely the same LUA with just minor gear tweaks.
8. All of my LUA are properly running the include the same way on all accounts and now only suddenly on my main is this not showing text.
9. Was working perfectly fine and after no lua alterations or alterations to anything at all it is broken.

I am totally stumped as to why it works on one account but not on another. On the same PC, with the same install, and same everything. Please help I cannot understand why it is doing this.