inc banhammer
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-26 16:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/80683-playonline-email-no-3-d-no-service-sept-1st-09-a.html

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=124855895412689776&num=324&page=1

Discuss.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-26 16:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Get rid of your crappy credit cards and get a new one that supports the online security. Problem solved. Or just get a new credit card that has the security and use it specifically for FFXI. It's not really as big of a deal as everyone is making it.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-26 17:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Get rid of your crappy credit cards and get a new one that supports the online security. Problem solved. Or just get a new credit card that has the security and use it specifically for FFXI. It's not really as big of a deal as everyone is making it.

THIS
The only problem is if you're 15 years old and using your mommy's card and they dont feel like helping you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-08-26 17:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Hypnotizd said:

THIS
The only problem is if you're 15 years old and using your mommy's card and they dont feel like helping you.

lmao poor 15 year olds
[+]
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-08-26 17:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it really isn't. and in one of the first few or so posts in the BG thread, some idiot says that Bank of America doesn't offer 3d secure in california. 1 that just sounds dumb, 2 i have BofA, and i secured mine just fine and i live in the long beach, ca area and i opened my account in ca as well. i know that it functions correctly with 3d and POL cuz when i made my g/f's account a month ago i had to set that all up and it works fine.

so that said... i do understand how people can be a bit upset with possibly having to change cards and such. that is a pain in the ***, but you'd be better off by doing so. while you may not have had any issues with fraud so, there are plenty of people scamming and hacking that it is still a threat. this is a step in the right direction in security for anyone. i don't see any reason SE would require this though outside of putting a stop to random credit card generating tools. if i can go setup 3d on my account, then any RMT using a legit credit card could also.
 Hades.Toknherb
Server: Hades
user: Toknherb
By Hades.Toknherb 2009-08-26 17:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to recieve any email from SE through either POL or any of my registered outside email addresses, How many ppl actually recieved this email?
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-08-26 18:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:

See, the thing about this is... why should we be forced to change our bank/credit card just to please SE?

That's ***.

The way that email seemed to me was they were saying "Either get a new bank/credit card of *** You!"
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-26 18:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said:

See, the thing about this is... why should we be forced to change our bank/credit card just to please SE?

Because they own, run and manage the game?
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-26 18:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I changes my info today... (I had to anyway :s) it was a pain to get it working, though. I can't imagine the poor EUs, or people who play on xbox360/ps2 exclusively. The "verify" thing opens a window in your web browser... not sure how that's going to work.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-08-26 18:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Fyyvoaa said:

So?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-08-26 18:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

no email here
 Remora.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-26 18:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that this is ***. Not everyone wants to change banks/cards. Maybe they have a good deal going as it is and don't want to *** it up? SE is slowly but surely *** up our lives IRL..
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-26 18:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So don't change your banks/cards. Just sign up with one that works and use it specifically for FFXI. Its SE's game, their policies and their rules. Deal with it or play another game. Making a sternly written post on a forum and calling it *** won't make them change anything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-08-26 18:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Fyyvoaa said:

Allright, so when they start losing people because of their dumbass ideas, they will be happy?

I honestly don't think so.

If I got a email from them telling me that I can't play because I have to have a super special ID tag or whatever the hell it is I will personally send them a email telling them where to shove that idea.

It's a risky move and already I have seen plenty of people leave because of it (and for other crap that they have pulled)

I can say that if I happen to get a email saying that, that you damn well can expect me to be quitting either at that moment or very soon after.
[+]
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
Server: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2009-08-26 18:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 killing XI to make room for XIV
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-26 18:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeeeeep said:

XIV will certainly require such credit cards too, doesn't change anything.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-26 18:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeeeeep said:

If you think XIV won't require the secured credit cards you are probably in for a surprise...
 Remora.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-26 19:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

These "secured credit cards" are ridiculous. They serve no purpose AT ALL. Hackers can just get your "Security code" the same way they get your other passwords...SE really is starting to make no sense
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Joeofalltrades 2009-08-26 19:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
So don't change your banks/cards. Just sign up with one that works and use it specifically for FFXI. Its SE's game, their policies and their rules. Deal with it or play another game. Making a sternly written post on a forum and calling it *** won't make them change anything.

THIS IS ***

</capslock>
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-08-26 19:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know none of this apply to the EU version of POL/FFXI. They never announced it on the european side of POL website a few weeks ago either when all this started.
[+]
 Garuda.Hiroichirou
By Garuda.Hiroichirou 2009-08-26 19:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I quit playing FFXI the first day that securecode *** came into effect, couldn't pay cause couldn't verify my card , didn't feel like getting a new card or spend hours on the phone with a LOLSEpencil pusher/paper pusher/desk jockey for hours and SE is really getting pathetic so i quit easy as that. Also sent SE a very "nice" email about their stupidity and lack of intelligence. :)
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-26 20:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Hypnotizd said:

THIS

Also people who use Visa Debit instead, because of Horrid credit. They say Medical bills can't go to collection, but that's 100% a lie.

I haven't been able to use "Verified by Visa" on my card for other purchases, but maybe I can now, or when it expires. Will cross that bridge when I get there.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-08-26 20:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh said:
Ludoggy said:
Hypnotizd said:

THIS

Also people who use Visa Debit instead, because of Horrid credit. They say Medical bills can't go to collection, but that's 100% a lie.

I haven't been able to use "Verified by Visa" on my card for other purchases, but maybe I can now, or when it expires. Will cross that bridge when I get there.

I use a Wells Fargo Visa Debit and Visa Credit Card. Both of them are verified by visa no problem.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-26 20:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Zicdeh said:
Ludoggy said:
Hypnotizd said:

THIS

I use a Wells Fargo Visa Debit and Visa Credit Card. Both of them are verified by visa no problem.

Maybe I'll give it a try, I use a pretty obscure bank though. Recently got absorbed by Bank of America according to some letter.
 Valefor.Welfare
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Welfare 2009-08-26 21:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The Game Token has already been proven not to work 100% by your's truly so the entire idea of being "100% secure" is no more than a placebo to make you feel better when you go to sleep at night like locking your door while you leave the window next to it, open for fresh air.
That having been said; wether it's an issue of a credit card, or a game token, it is still an attempt to do "something" about a real and obvious problem. Condoms aren't 100% and neither is security. The only sure-thing in life, is that "***happens".
As long as there are things to hack, they will eventually be hacked. It's only a matter of time. Does that mean you should quit trying to protect yourself? If so, then why go to the gym or shower before a date? What else would you be doing, if not that?
Take the pill and enjoy the ride.
Just my opinion.
Carry on.

-Wel

Edit: Shortly after this post, I was informed that a number of accounts with game tokens have been hacked. When proving that the game token is not 100%, I used my own account/token. Just wanted to clarify.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-26 23:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
These "secured credit cards" are ridiculous. They serve no purpose AT ALL. Hackers can just get your "Security code" the same way they get your other passwords...SE really is starting to make no sense

Purpose of these credit cards are not to prevent dumb users who got their computer infected with 50 trojans from being hacked. I'm not a big fan of wikipedia, but that prolly the only link that you may understand : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verified_by_visa

Quote:
Edit: Shortly after this post, I was informed that a number of accounts with game tokens have been hacked. When proving that the game token is not 100%, I used my own account/token. Just wanted to clarify.

When it comes to security, nothing is 100% secure and people should know that. Nobody is still able to break the token algorithm. Like if you do nothing but using your PS2 to play FF XI, have no computer and control your internet line (meaning nobody is able to access your wireless router or w/e), then nobody can "hack" your PoL account. (well beside someone hacking SE directly), that's why I said not 100% :p

Token is just an extra security layer. That layer become completely useless as soon as someone can access your router or the computer you're using. It's like having a big huge safe IRL but leaving the key right on the top of it.
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-26 23:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, I have to agree 100% with Welfare.
 Hades.Koud
Server: Hades
user: Koud
By Hades.Koud 2009-08-27 08:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i havnt received any emails or anything but if i do im just going to stop playing ffxi and they will lose my business ill go play darkfall or aion or someshit plenty of other options out there. that is not the smartest idea to inconvience(sp?) your consumers.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-08-27 09:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't received any emails about it... My card can use securecode, but I haven't changed in a long a time and at the time I didn't have to use securecode. Should I just re-register it using securecode or will it matter?
First Page 2 3 4 5