Constant Log In Problems/issues (Fairy Server))

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Constant Log in problems/issues (Fairy server))
Constant Log in problems/issues (Fairy server))
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-08-26 12:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello ppl~

i'm wondering if anyone eles is haveing Constant log in issues to the game, *not pol*

every time i attempt to log in on my Main, it takes about 7 mins, then times out giving a different msg every time

(time out error) (communication error with loby) ( disconnection time out protocol) w/e

a bunch of problems, I just attempted 7 times to get in and After Re-setting the game, it let me in

but once i log off, to the char. select screen and try to log back in from there, i get all the Errors again

Only seems to mainly happen on my Main char. Has only happend to my Mule once, *just now well i was trying to log in * Cept. it got further in to the "log in bar" if you will,

anyway...

Anyone eles been getting this issue?

-Side note: Ive been having issues with this, and epic amounts of lag ever since the new Add on was released
 Hades.Mmakk
Server: Hades
user: Mmakk
By Hades.Mmakk 2009-08-26 13:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If (I imagine you do) playing with your firewall active, maybe clear the log and see if any packets are being blocked.

I had similar issues, but was able to single out which port it was and open while I play. Since this started and I opened the port, it happened to change ports on me once, but was simple enough to just start using a different port.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-08-26 13:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i've been playing FFXI for 5 years give or take, i've never had this issue befor :x

(and when i try to Open my (Run) command and Flush my DNS an try to clear my ports the (run) window just closes on me XD `.` haveing same issue my friends pc had a while ago, when i was trying to fix his
 Hades.Mmakk
Server: Hades
user: Mmakk
By Hades.Mmakk 2009-08-26 13:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It happened to me the first time about 6 months ago. I had never had the problem in the 1.5 years I'd played before that. Someone in my linkshell had the same thing happen to him about a month before as well; his first time playing on PS2 for 4-5 years. He really had fun trying to figure it out lol. He ended up calling tech support.

It took a bit of trial and error but I was able to do it by deleting my firewall log, trying to log on the game, then checking the log again. I had nothing else running and had cleared all my temp files and cookies just in case.

After that, only one UDP port had showed multiple blocks. I created it so I could open and close that port at will, and haven't been timed out while logging in since; unless I forgot to open it. My constant bad lag and random multiple daily DCs cleared up as well.

I'm not very computer savvy, but it sounds so similar I'm trying to offer what I figured out lol. I hope you get it solved, good luck.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-08-26 14:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Yeah, dispite haveing a Grandfather who works for the state w/ Pc's & tech stuff you think i woulda learned more XD

~ yea im going to restart my pc an dig thru my fire wall and flush my dns if my run promt will work =P