Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 41 42 43
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-29 12:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wut, Tradenpc? Is this on Windower's repository?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-01-29 13:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
wait wut, Tradenpc? Is this on Windower's repository?
https://github.com/Ivaar/Windower-addons/tree/master/TradeNPC
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-01-30 05:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***! 300m spent on stones and all traded manually! Poor you bro
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-30 10:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's totally more than that.
I remember spending a gazilion of gil (we're talking about hundredS of millions of gil) to get DA+3.
I ultimately got DA+3 with a +1 stone, leading me to think that there used to be a bug with leafstones and that the +2 ones couldn't get you above +1DA for such bug, whereas things were working correctly for the +1 stones.

I spent more gil on that Linos than on multiple RMEA.
I'm so *** burned out on that I didn't even make another Linos yet.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2022-01-30 14:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve always used +1 stones and eventually got max stats using tradenpc and just pressing enter to target him, then pressing / and then the up key to bring up the text command again, then enter. Spamming this
By DaneBlood 2022-01-30 14:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

just returned afer a short break and looking into improving wife's brd TP set.

Current set
ItemSet 383524

No access to ranked oddy gear (but can buy all the base one)

what im about to do
- get linos and replace orb
- finisnh up offhand dager for that little extra dmg
- replace cape with spambuscade cape dex30 acc20 atk 20 stp10 or da10 PDT10

what else is some replacement i can do to tweak it out
 Asura.Nolano
user: Nolano
By Asura.Nolano 2022-01-30 19:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a node done by Briko. Great starting point.

https://www.ffxiah.com/node/355
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-31 02:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Is the +1 neck unaffordable? Should be pretty cheap, I'd consider that, fully augmented of course.
If you intend on using Naegling (why shouldn't you, really) then probably DA+10 cape will be better than STP+10.
Hetairoi Ring might get ahead of Ilabrat but most of the time it won't.

Do you have access to Nyame B? Some pieces can be nice to TP in over your current options.
Or do you have access to other Odyssey gear?
Bunzi Hands should be an improvement even if unaugmented.
For the rest eeeeh, BRD doesn't exactely have a ton of TP options, most are somewhat hard to obtain so I won't really bother you with such suggestions.
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-02-13 16:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys. I have zero bard experience, but I had a question for a friend I didn't find the answer to in the gear node.

If you want to DD bard for ambuscade, etc. and you do not want to swap main hands, is there a best DPS dagger? Mythic or Empyreon, if not evisceration spamming?

I understand "different situations", but hoping there was a clear answer. If not, such is FFXI. Thank you!
By DaneBlood 2022-02-14 23:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nolano said: »
Here is a node done by Briko. Great starting point.

https://www.ffxiah.com/node/355

appreciate it but the issue with that one it start immediately of oddy gear and omen body. both of which i dont have access to yet
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-02-15 01:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Skyekitty said: »
Hey guys. I have zero bard experience, but I had a question for a friend I didn't find the answer to in the gear node.

If you want to DD bard for ambuscade, etc. and you do not want to swap main hands, is there a best DPS dagger? Mythic or Empyreon, if not evisceration spamming?

I understand "different situations", but hoping there was a clear answer. If not, such is FFXI. Thank you!

Naegling is generally a solid option if you're not dealing with something that's slashing resistant. Personally my go to is Mythic dagger, but I don't see a whole lot of BRDs using it for DPS, just getting songs up. You can use the spreadsheet that Sechs has linked in this thread to calculate what's best if you really want to figure it out.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-15 01:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Best DD weapon for BRD in the majority of situation is, quite sadly, Naegling for Savage Blade Spam.
Other than that the next option is Twashtar R15 MH with Centovente OH, but clearly that's not always viable because of accuracy requirements.

Next best option after these 2 should be Carnwenhan R15 MH with Crepuscular Dagger OH?

Something like that. But take this as a grain of salt, it's just a generic direction. For more details concerning your character and your gear you should check the spreadsheet, like Boposhopo kindly told you.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2022-02-15 05:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
just returned afer a short break and looking into improving wife's brd TP set.

Current set
ItemSet 383524

No access to ranked oddy gear (but can buy all the base one)

what im about to do
- get linos and replace orb
- finisnh up offhand dager for that little extra dmg
- replace cape with spambuscade cape dex30 acc20 atk 20 stp10 or da10 PDT10

If I was making a new brd DD set and didn't have access to augmented odyssey gear (which I actually am because I'm making a BRD alt) - I would probably go with this set:

ItemSet 383741

Get the Telchine legs and feet and augment then with 6 Store TP, and Accuracy + Dex. Shouldn't be took difficult.

Bunzi's hands R0 still have 8 double attack. Ayanmo head and body are very good pieces.

Rings are changeable but you want Accuracy + store tp/double attack.

+2 neck is totally worth it but +1 works.

Rings go NQ if you want, or use whatever you like but you need the accuracy for the Centovente off-hand.

This set has DT at 33%. If you wanted more DT you could swap the telchine feet for unaugmented Nyame feet. still decent accuracy and attack.
[+]
 Odin.Phinneus
Server: Odin
user: ayer
By Odin.Phinneus 2022-02-15 06:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Best DD weapon for BRD in the majority of situation is, quite sadly, Naegling for Savage Blade Spam.
Other than that the next option is Twashtar R15 MH with Centovente OH, but clearly that's not always viable because of accuracy requirements.

Next best option after these 2 should be Carnwenhan R15 MH with Crepuscular Dagger OH?

Something like that. But take this as a grain of salt, it's just a generic direction. For more details concerning your character and your gear you should check the spreadsheet, like Boposhopo kindly told you.

ItemSet 383742
This set should be fairly easy to put together. I put 10% DW in the cape along with DEX + Acc/Atk. Linos is Acc/Atk + QA + STP. Battlecast gaiters come from a lower level HTMB which is fairly easy.

Head is from UNM which is on campaign right now. Fully augmented R15 gives additional Accuracy+45, Macc. Acc.+45, Critical Hit Rate +10%, STR/DEX+25.

Minor upgrade would be the body to Ashera, but not everyone is so lucky.

Like Jokes said, the +2 neck is worth it, but definitely get the +1.

You may need to swap in some accuracy pieces on higher level content.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2022-02-15 06:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phinneus's set is probably less work to obtain. Telchine is annoying unless you can do the RoE's or have Melidopt wings (or red mog pells). You could still keep ayanmo head +2 for the 6 store TP and save yourself gil augmenting blistering sallet (whilst still achieving haste cap).

You would need to swap for some accuracy rings to do that though most likely. With his set you will gain 2 Quad attack but lose 13 store tp and 2 double attack so up to you. Could mix a bit of both together (but you either need anyanmo legs or sailfi belt to meet haste cap).
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-02-15 19:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you guys very much for the info! I will do that.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-02-16 06:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's good to note too, that if you are going to use cent in the offhand, you will most likely need to use a Madrigal on yourself but not the rest of the group. I have never been able to get the good numbers without doing this on some content, you might get away with it on floor1/2 in Odyssey, but floor 3/4 you are going to have accuracy issues.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-02-16 07:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the double post, but I am checking the spreadsheet for Bard and wondered where the custom accuracy check of "3000" is coming from. I have noticed it is massively inflating the DPS scales, a long with the attack custom of 6000. The other player buffs section isn't really doing anything either. Seems the spreadsheet is calculating things based purely off of the gear tab. Is the custom section showing what "accuracy" and "attack" buffs you might be expected to receive?
By Veydal1 2022-02-16 07:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm understanding correctly, those are in place to simulate capped acc / att situations.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-16 10:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Sorry for the double post, but I am checking the spreadsheet for Bard and wondered where the custom accuracy check of "3000" is coming from. I have noticed it is massively inflating the DPS scales, a long with the attack custom of 6000. The other player buffs section isn't really doing anything either. Seems the spreadsheet is calculating things based purely off of the gear tab. Is the custom section showing what "accuracy" and "attack" buffs you might be expected to receive?
Like they told you I personally use those numbers when I want to simulate capped att and/or capped acc.
You can use the "custom" line in that sheet for similar effect, for quick comparison without swapping whol sets of gear or buffs.

You can also put negative numbers in there to simulate the opposite and whatever else comes to your mind.
Use the "custom" line to your heart's content, just be always aware of the numbers you put in there when you try to draw conclusions from the numbers the spreadsheet is showing you.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2022-02-22 06:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Guys,

As requested I've updated my previous post of what I use for DD BRD sets with: Start Set, my opinion of current BIS set, Savage Blade & Rudra's Storm Sets. Very much open to suggestions. Let's help each other out parse the COR's :D

You can see it here: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46553/military-parade-a-dd-bard-guide/34/#3610312
By KyLouie16 2022-02-23 18:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
Hi Guys,

As requested I've updated my previous post of what I use for DD BRD sets with: Start Set, my opinion of current BIS set, Savage Blade & Rudra's Storm Sets. Very much open to suggestions. Let's help each other out parse the COR's :D

You can see it here: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46553/military-parade-a-dd-bard-guide/34/#3610312

I like your idea Jokes, about utilizing more multi attack to outcompete capping your dual wield. Without a large sample size showing damage using a capped DW set vs the set your using I think the math supports utilizing capping your haste/DW potential first. You do receive diminishing returns the more DA you keep stacking onto your toon, and while brd doesn't really hit crazy high amounts of multi attack gear it still does occur (diminishing returns).

I would be really interested to see some comparisons for which setup would actually win out over the other. Would need an extremely large sample size or someone running the numbers mathematically through a sheet to determine it in actuality.

I've always maximized my DW/haste first then tacked on multiattack afterwards in playing bard. This is the set I would consider to be BiS today for brd.

ItemSet 383822

Bunzi Head: doesn't become BiS until you get it to rank 25 unless you need that extra 4% -DT you get over ayanmo
Linos: Either QA +3 DA +3 OR QA +3 STP +4 (I like the latter better) & Acc/Attk +15
Cape: DA +10, DEX +20, Acc +30, Attk +20, -DT 5%

I don't think Nyame feet Path A are BiS for feet because then you lose the option to have them as a Savage Blade piece which is one of our best if not the best physical WS we currently have

Also this set is gear haste capped @25%

The BIG differences I see though are:
You getting QA +1, & STP +3 from earring and TA +2% DA +5% from waist
I get STP +4, and some acc from the reiki yotai. The reason you use eabani is you don't want to overcap DW, it needs to be "just right" (hansel and gretel style). Too much DW negatively affects your attack speed so you wanna be RIGHT at DW +11 (if you are haste capped from magic). If you aren't haste capped I'm thinking your set would likely actually win, but when are you not going to be haste capped if you are meleeing on brd?

So the question is... is 5% more DA, 2% more TA, 1% more QA, & 1 less STP getting you TP more quickly than being haste/DW capped?

I love your out of the box thinking, I wish more people would question "status quo" setups, and would love to see a large sample size of data that shows which set outperforms the other in terms of total damage. Obviously a lot of variables come into play here, and the biggest question (I think) would be which set allows you to WS more quickly.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2022-02-24 00:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Ky,

Great to have some debate on this! That's definitely a nice set.

To clarify - my Nyame is R25 WSD Path B; so I use the Nyame feet path B for the 4 double attack - but also; staying in Nyame feet provides +60 attack at all times as you tp and ws in the same piece. I'd personally use Bunzi's head even at R20 losing 1 STP but gaining 60 attack (65 at R25) and the DT.

I generally try to compensate for BRD's low base attack and base defence, which is the reasoning behind choosing Nyame feet over something with higher STP. I guess you could call my set a BIS Hybrid Set. I also personally use a Moonlight Ring over a 2nd Chirich +1 for the attack and DT.

As for Dual Wield VS Double Attack. All I can say is try it out and see what you think. I've tried reiki yotai + eabani for the 11stp for quite a long time. I've also tried a 10 Dual Wield cape putting me 1 under DW cap for quite a while. Personally I feel this builds up to 1K TP quicker - but I will probably try different combinations soon. I've yet to try it out on other jobs yet.

Is that set definitely capped at 25%? I'd probably swap out Volte feet for Battlecast gaiters to bring it up to 26% haste at the loss of 1STP.

I really hope in future updates SE brings out some decent TP gear that BRD can use. If not; I will probably try out R30 Nyame head/legs/feet once that comes out.
By SimonSes 2022-02-24 01:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

According to sheet..

With Samurai roll +70stp:
Balder+1/Sailfi/DAcape 395 delay
Balder+1/Sailfi/DWcape 377 delay
Brutal/Sailfi/DWcape 374 delay
Reiki/Eabani/DAcape 378 delay

Without Samurai Roll:
Balder+1/Sailfi/DAcape 521 delay
Balder+1/Sailfi/DWcape 504 delay
Brutal/Sailfi/DWcape 499 delay
Reiki/Eabani/DAcape 506 delay

Bunzi head is not only DT, but first of all massive MEVA.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2022-02-24 08:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd agree that Meva is very important. A single para proc, getting slept, getting amnesia'ed, slowed or dying is going to absolutely destroy your DPS and dropping a metric ton of Meva for 1 STP isn't worth it, almost ever. Don't forget about the defense on bunzi and nyame. One of the primary things you're doing with dd brd is C segment farming and V20 NMs who have adds that run around beating everyone and those mobs have crazy high attack. If you don't have enough def, you're going to splat no matter how much DT you have and even if you don't actually die, taking significantly less damage and resisting status effects will lighten the load on your healer.
By KyLouie16 2022-02-24 22:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
Hey Ky,

Great to have some debate on this! That's definitely a nice set.

To clarify - my Nyame is R25 WSD Path B; so I use the Nyame feet path B for the 4 double attack - but also; staying in Nyame feet provides +60 attack at all times as you tp and ws in the same piece. I'd personally use Bunzi's head even at R20 losing 1 STP but gaining 60 attack (65 at R25) and the DT.

I generally try to compensate for BRD's low base attack and base defence, which is the reasoning behind choosing Nyame feet over something with higher STP. I guess you could call my set a BIS Hybrid Set. I also personally use a Moonlight Ring over a 2nd Chirich +1 for the attack and DT.

As for Dual Wield VS Double Attack. All I can say is try it out and see what you think. I've tried reiki yotai + eabani for the 11stp for quite a long time. I've also tried a 10 Dual Wield cape putting me 1 under DW cap for quite a while. Personally I feel this builds up to 1K TP quicker - but I will probably try different combinations soon. I've yet to try it out on other jobs yet.

Is that set definitely capped at 25%? I'd probably swap out Volte feet for Battlecast gaiters to bring it up to 26% haste at the loss of 1STP.

I really hope in future updates SE brings out some decent TP gear that BRD can use. If not; I will probably try out R30 Nyame head/legs/feet once that comes out.

Gear haste caps at 25%. You can go higher than that but it doesn't give you any more benefit. This set is bunzi head = 6% haste, asheera = 4% haste, bunzi gloves = 3% haste, volte legs = 9% haste, volte feet = 3% haste. 6 + 4 + 3 + 9 + 3 = 25% (capped equipment haste).

Also, a lot of you guys are talking about meva/DT into your considerations which is awesome, but that is going to fall into the category of a hybrid set not a BiS "get tp as quickly as you can so you can WS more frequently" set. This is not me discounting the advantage of having -dt or meva as those WITHOUT QUESTION have their place, but their place is in a HYBRID set. A BiS tp set is only focused on getting TP MORE quickly so you can WS more frequently and potentially with as much TP as you can possibly get (Glass Cannon Baby!).

And again, I still like your idea of more multi attack, but I think you're going to need to run a sheet or utilize a test with around 400-500 WS's in each set to really be able to answer if one is better than the other. I truly don't know if one is better over the other, I'm probably biased because I've always gone with the ideology of capping your DW/haste first then building off of that.

I'm also with ya on hopefully BRD will get more tp options. It's really starved for options right now, but that's also part of the fun in my mind is having something designed as a support job stepping up to really make a difference in the parse :)
By KyLouie16 2022-02-24 23:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
According to sheet..

With Samurai roll +70stp:
Balder+1/Sailfi/DAcape 395 delay
Balder+1/Sailfi/DWcape 377 delay
Brutal/Sailfi/DWcape 374 delay
Reiki/Eabani/DAcape 378 delay

Without Samurai Roll:
Balder+1/Sailfi/DAcape 521 delay
Balder+1/Sailfi/DWcape 504 delay
Brutal/Sailfi/DWcape 499 delay
Reiki/Eabani/DAcape 506 delay

Bunzi head is not only DT, but first of all massive MEVA.

Thanks for this Simon, I'm curious if this takes into consideration if you are at magic haste cap, as NOT being magic haste capped makes it so being at 11 DW doesn't matter NEARLY as much.

Which is why I still think you'd need a large sample size of WS's (400-500) using each type of set and then comparing the results at the end of which set gave you a higher WS frequency.
By Nariont 2022-02-24 23:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd would be the least likely to not being magic capped id think since you always have the option of VM/HM, assuming you're boosting HM
By KyLouie16 2022-02-25 00:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, but I'm not sure if Simon's numbers from his sheet are taking that into consideration
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 41 42 43