First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-14 05:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Malebolge said: »
Coffer keys are neat but I hope there's something else, since you could already buy those all-purpose ninja tools from a vendor

But... the previously existing ninja tool vendor requires me to set foot in Bastok, and that's gross. Moogle for me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-14 05:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bastok best, windy worst :P
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-14 05:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh... the vendor moogles sell Prism Powder and Silent Oils for 500g a piece. Guess they finally stopped protecting the ever so lucrative silent oil crafting market :)
 Cerberus.Rabies
Server: Cerberus
user: Rabies666
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-05-14 05:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Oh... the vendor moogles sell Prism Powder and Silent Oils for 500g a piece. Guess they finally stopped protecting the ever so lucrative silent oil crafting market :)

There number 1 goal this update was to crash market on everything. Wonder what they have in store for next two addons.
 Bahamut.Aelissa
Server: Bahamut
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2015-05-14 05:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

:( well there go's my old main income i guess...
I think that's whats hurting me most with this update... all my normall ways of earning gil just got a nice bite in the ***, take with that the fact that SE keeps on pulling the npc prices down on anything and... yeah kinda feel boned on that...

It's gonna be a wait and see on how the prices in AH go but it isn't looking all too good really
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-14 05:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Reposting from another thread:

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Goes also for making mythics and relics. I am sure everything that had a "sense" of accomplishment just vanished!

Sorry, what changed? You still have to complete all 50 assaults, get captain, finish ToAU, kill Odin, kill the beastmen leaders, kill the Salvage Bosses, get 100k Ichor, 150k Tokens, redo all 50 assaults, and get 30k Alex.

NONE of the requirements have changed. The ONLY thing that changed is that they are no longer behind HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE time gates. Now, if someone says, "I'd like to sit down and do 10 assaults today in the time I have to play", they can. Or "I'd like to spend 4 hours of my day running 3 salvages", they can.

If you're gonna *** about anything, *** about making the assaults and Nyzul easier.

Relic Holders don't even get to say anything about Dynamis, considering how unspecial relics are these days. Having a relic is no longer "wow, how awesome, that's so hard to get", it's now "wow, that person spent 80 million gil buying currency out of people's bazaars".

To reiterate: Getting a mythic has not been "hard" or "challenging" for some time now. Getting a relic hasn't been for even longer.

The thing that so many people think of as what makes them "difficult", "hard", or "challenging" is not the difficulty of the content, nor the amount of content that must be done. It's the "we want to stretch this ***out as long as possible so LoL enjoy only being able to do X once a day."

Also, considering how many mythics there are on my server right now that were cheated in while infinite assault tags was a thing, and repopping the HQ bosses to walk out of a salvage with 30-40 linens, the only thing this is doing is putting legitimate players on the same footing as clipper-using, packet-injecting exploiters who cheat to get all the "challenging" content and then bemoan that there's nothing left to do.
[+]
By Selindrile 2015-05-14 06:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was with you till that last paragraph, where you got out your pitchfork but, I'm still all for this change.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-14 06:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »
I was with you till that last paragraph, where you got out your pitchfork but, I'm still all for this change.

Listen. There were people on my server who were getting a new mythic every week or so who stopped playing the game around the time the ban waves went out. It was noticeable, too, how many of them "stopped".

I know plenty of people who play the game legitimately. I also know there are lots of people who exploit to be the first to complete content (or just to complete it) and think they're hot stuff for it.

I also think there's a difference between people who use spellcast/gearswap and people who use clipper to bypass barriers to complete content in an illegitimate fashion because actually doing the things you need to do (playing the game) is too much to ask. So they skip everything they can by cheating every which way they can, and then they turn around and complain that there's nothing to do.

Back on the subject of mythic completion difficulty, the difficulty hasn't changed. It's still going to take the same amount of play time it did previously. It's just now you're not forced to split that up over several months and can do it at your own pace, as fast, or slow, as you want.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2015-05-14 06:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile said: »

The person that they quoted is known as a botter and cheater so the last paragraph is kinda related.
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-05-14 06:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »

Goes also for making mythics and relics. I am sure everything that had a "sense" of accomplishment just vanished!

Sorry, what changed? You still have to complete all 50 assaults, get captain, finish ToAU, kill Odin, kill the beastmen leaders, kill the Salvage Bosses, get 100k Ichor, 150k Tokens, redo all 50 assaults, and get 30k Alex.

NONE of the requirements have changed. The ONLY thing that changed is that they are no longer behind HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE time gates. Now, if someone says, "I'd like to sit down and do 10 assaults today in the time I have to play", they can. Or "I'd like to spend 4 hours of my day running 3 salvages", they can.

If you're gonna *** about anything, *** about making the assaults and Nyzul easier.

Relic Holders don't even get to say anything about Dynamis, considering how unspecial relics are these days. Having a relic is no longer "wow, how awesome, that's so hard to get", it's now "wow, that person spent 80 million gil buying currency out of people's bazaars".

To reiterate: Getting a mythic has not been "hard" or "challenging" for some time now. Getting a relic hasn't been for even longer.

The thing that so many people think of as what makes them "difficult", "hard", or "challenging" is not the difficulty of the content, nor the amount of content that must be done. It's the "we want to stretch this ***out as long as possible so LoL enjoy only being able to do X once a day."

Also, considering how many mythics there are on my server right now that were cheated in while infinite assault tags was a thing, and repopping the HQ bosses to walk out of a salvage with 30-40 linens, the only thing this is doing is putting legitimate players on the same footing as clipper-using, packet-injecting exploiters who cheat to get all the "challenging" content and then bemoan that there's nothing left to do.

Something HUGE has changed, The economy. Those once precious Alex cost 6.5k each! Now they will be a lot less. I know farming 200M isn't a lot for some, but for others it's an accomplishment.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-14 06:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My only problem with this is that now I have no idea how to make money in this game. If currencies drop to only a few k then they become even less worth farming in relation to time spent c.c how do I gil?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-14 06:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
My only problem with this is that now I have no idea how to make money in this game. If currencies drop to only a few k then they become even less worth farming in relation to time spent c.c how do I gil?
Without a 110 craft, perhaps farming and selling skirmish upgrade items.

EDIT: Selling Delve items too, hmm both suggestions aren't really for solo play though.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-05-14 06:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sell etches ;-;
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-14 06:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm lost for gil ideas as well. They seem to be hurting crafting a fair bit, and currency/alex prices are going to absolutely plummet. With the new gear and their ability to be augmented, alluvion stones will most likely fall by the wayside as well. Memory farming might still be decent, but even that's questionable.

It seems the best choice will most likely be farming Escha for the elixers there.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-14 06:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rabies said: »

Something HUGE has changed, The economy. Those once precious Alex cost 6.5k each! Now they will be a lot less. I know farming 200M isn't a lot for some, but for others it's an accomplishment.

Alex has been going for ~7k each on Asura for some time now.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-14 06:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Which, I should note, has been due to the people who exploit salvage who could get massive amounts of alex and flood the market it with it. So, again, while the price of alex might not rebound, people will be able to get more of it legitimately.
By Wordspoken 2015-05-14 06:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm stuck in mission "impurity". Where am I supposed to go?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-14 07:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. I started a second mythic two weeks ago. I still need 20k-ish alex. At 120 per 30 minutes across two characters (so no downtime), I can finish in 83 hours, just farming myself. That's not a weekend but that's pretty damn awesome.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-05-14 07:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Wow. I started a second mythic two weeks ago. I still need 20k-ish alex. At 120 per 30 minutes across two characters (so no downtime), I can finish in 83 hours, just farming myself. That's not a weekend but that's pretty damn awesome.

Do you just completely ignore everything but the HQ boss? See, I'm failing to understand how people legitimately clear something like Arrapago II in 30 minutes.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-14 07:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I can solo ArrapagoII on pup with mediocre gear in 40 minutes, I'm sure someone on a stronger and better geared job can do it in less.

I don't do all bosses though, just acroliths, gear room, all chariots and the two khimairae.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-05-14 07:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My best was around 23min on blu So yes it's very possible.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-05-14 07:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to the dynamis currency price drop and spending unlimited time inside.. am I the only who read the lockout rule as if you die/leave you can come back in?

I don't think the 1/day or time limits have changed. Any confirmation on that?
By jonroberts 2015-05-14 07:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »
In regards to the dynamis currency price drop and spending unlimited time inside.. am I the only who read the lockout rule as if you die/leave you can come back in?

Always one simpleton who looks at things like this, why would they even adjust it to what you suggested.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-05-14 07:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nanaky said: »

You can only stay in for 2hours, as before. As soon as you get kicked out you may reenter right away. No time restriction anymore.
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2015-05-14 07:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I'm lost for gil ideas as well. They seem to be hurting crafting a fair bit, and currency/alex prices are going to absolutely plummet. With the new gear and their ability to be augmented, alluvion stones will most likely fall by the wayside as well. Memory farming might still be decent, but even that's questionable.

It seems the best choice will most likely be farming Escha for the elixers there.

SE has you right where they want you. Now go farm HP-Bayld!
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-05-14 07:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
I'm stuck in mission "impurity". Where am I supposed to go?
Found info on bg forums. Apparently I walked quite close to it... x.x
By Zombie6269 2015-05-14 07:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I miss something major in the update notes? The only change I see is that the impossible/difficult to solo assaults were adjusted to be slightly easier to finish. No where at all does it say the 24 hour tag recharge was lowered/taken away. So with that being said, you can still only do a max of 5 assaults per day, as always, and then wait another 5 days to repeat.
That is still a rather huge and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE time gate for anyone who hasn't already finished Captain and completed all assaults again. Currently with the right job, absolutely nothing about mythic is hard, it's literally nothing but one giant time gate. Like I said, maybe I just missed something in the notes, I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-14 07:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Tags recharge is 10 minutes with ki obtained through missions.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-14 07:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Zombie6269 said: »

Did I miss something major in the update notes? The only change I see is that the impossible/difficult to solo assaults were adjusted to be slightly easier to finish. No where at all does it say the 24 hour tag recharge was lowered/taken away. So with that being said, you can still only do a max of 5 assaults per day, as always, and then wait another 5 days to repeat.
That is still a rather huge and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE time gate for anyone who hasn't already finished Captain and completed all assaults again. Currently with the right job, absolutely nothing about mythic is hard, it's literally nothing but one giant time gate. Like I said, maybe I just missed something in the notes, I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me.
Yes

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46977-Key-Items-Available-by-Progressing-through-Rhapsodies-of-Vana%E2%80%99diel?p=548838#post548838
By Zombie6269 2015-05-14 08:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tags recharge is 10 minutes with ki obtained through missions.

Thanks! I missed the link with the added info on that. Yeah, that is a big game changer there. I was currently looking at another 2-3 months just to finish assaults and token farming lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8