The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 149 150 151
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-01-05 08:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how to post pics ):
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-05 10:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So yea, combined rolls but the cap is 30, i thought there was an update that fixed those from happening unless the augment is really old.
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2018-01-05 12:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on asura, i forget who, has the cap of 10 bpd, 25+15 mab/macc
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-05 12:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's me.
You're forgetting Pet: INT+7 too
By Brynach 2018-01-05 13:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Cap with fern on merlin hands is bp10 and mab/macc (both can happen together or alone) is +30 unless there's those combined rolls that happen sometimes but plz post a pic, i wanna see those bp10 pet: macc36 mab37.

Ive posted it a couple times on here. People have remarked on it before. Problem is I used photobucket and its not longer available. whats the better way?

In addition to that I know at leat 3 other ppl that have augs similar to mine. +30 is definitely not the cap.
By Brynach 2018-01-05 13:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic BP Hands

Pardon me, its macc 37, mab 36 I had it backwards.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-05 15:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Brynach said: »
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Cap with fern on merlin hands is bp10 and mab/macc (both can happen together or alone) is +30 unless there's those combined rolls that happen sometimes but plz post a pic, i wanna see those bp10 pet: macc36 mab37.

Ive posted it a couple times on here. People have remarked on it before. Problem is I used photobucket and its not longer available. whats the better way?

In addition to that I know at leat 3 other ppl that have augs similar to mine. +30 is definitely not the cap.

Sorry for the vague response, lemme specify: the cap on a single augment is 30 max but in the cases of people getting 2 like frod said, they were getting up to 40, possible more with DM but getting high bp dmg and the correct mab (or att) needs big luck i think.
By Pantafernando 2018-01-07 16:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Eyeballing, how much would increase a flaming crush dmg changing from espiritus (with pet mab/macc) to a nirvana?

My current set is more than enough to beat D meeble with 4 but the same setup dont have enough gas to beat it on VD (dealing 60% before astral cond wears off) so wonderng if nirvana alone could make for that difference.

Thanks in advance.

Just to share, in the end i managed to finish my mule nirvana, and after some tries finally managed to beat VD with 4 (2 SMN 1 GEO 1 RUN) after not just nirvana but also upgrading 3 pieces to HQ (apogee legs and crown that become dirty cheap, sancus satchet not so cheap but totally amazing) and upgrading artifact body to +2.

What i find interesting in my last run is that due to some mistake geo forgot to put that entrust languor on RUN (buffs were frailty bolster malaise all with idris) and just that gimp bubble was enough to reduce almost 50% of the total dmg from flaming crush. Im already considering to change my merits (it was 5 on physical acc and 5 on mab) to 5 on macc and acc.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-01-12 19:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

In case anyone's curious, Hastega II at max skill (709) still doesn't quite break the 10 minute mark :(

Hard to tell exactly, but I think it's about 9:50
By Pantafernando 2018-01-12 20:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any smn shining in this month ambuscade intense?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 20:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Is there any smn shining in this month ambuscade intense?

Taken smn to a couple, not really worth. The PLD seems to exclusively go after the summoner. Not really sure why, nor care enough to find out why.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-01-12 20:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see it working decently as a healer with Ramuh's favor for the crits, but it doesn't seem all that worth it.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-01-12 22:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
In case anyone's curious, Hastega II at max skill (709) still doesn't quite break the 10 minute mark :(

Curious on max skill set!
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-01-12 23:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

Curious on max skill set!
Here ya go:

ItemSet 255753

Espiritus is path B, and cape has +5 skill augment
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-01-13 02:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN works well as main heal for this month Ambuscade. I have no problem to keep my group alive while maintaining Ramuh's Favor in VD. It is also a good occasion to notice how potent are Wilt and Tidal Roar together.
The Protector seems to focus his attention on the farthest target during Invincible, have the mages stick to him before Invincible helps. He is really not dangerous with his attack reduced by 96% and hits for around 80-150 (w/o PDT gear) instead of 400~.
The only thing that can bother is Miasma (Slow+Plague+Poison AoE) but you can switch on Carbuncle for Soothing Ruby, the boss is stuck with his elemental wheel once below 75% HP.
Obviously this requires more work and attention than AC zerg but playing a healer/support role can sometimes be very effective and fun.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-01-13 08:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

BP dmg goto 9 or 10 on Grioavolr?

currently @ 9, 12int 12macc/20mab, feel like thats about the same as 2int 30mab, so not sure if its worth to re-roll
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-01-13 11:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It goes to 10 with ferns, 9 with taupe/pellucid

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-01-24 00:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Physical Bloodpacts

Gridavor/Nirvana
Elan strap +1
Helios head - BP 7, pet DA +8, attack or acc +30
Shulmanu Collar
Gelos/Esper Earring
Lungabanda Earring
Convoker's Doublet +3
Merlinic dastanas BP dmg 10 hopefully pet str/attack or acc
Varar rings x2
Campestres Cape - pet attack/acc +20, think dye can give 10 more
Incarnation Sash
Apogee Slacks +1 Path D
Helios boots - BP 7, pet DA +8, attack or acc

Apogee Crown +1, Apogee feet +1 and convokers pigaches +3 are probably both suitable substitutes for helios.

Hybrid

Nirvana/well augmented Griovolr/Espiritus - BP dmg/mab augs
Elan Strap +1
Apogee Crown +1 - magic path
Adad Amulet
Gelos/Esper/Lungabanda earrings
Convoker's Doublet +3 ????? not sure on this one.
Merlinic dastanas - BP dmg +10 / as much mab as possible
Varar Rings x2
Campestres - use physical cape, m.dmg doesnt help much
Regal Belt
Apogee Slacks +1 path D
Apogee Pumps +1 - magic path

Magic Pacts

Griovolr / Espiritus - MAB/ BP dmg focused
Elan Strap +1
Apogee Crown +1 - magic path
Adad Amulet
Gelos/Esper/Lungabanda
Apogee Dalmatica +1 - magic path
Merlinic Dastanas - BP dmg +10 / as much mab as possible
Varar rings x2
Campestres - pet m.dmg+
Regal Belt
Apogee Slacks +1 - magic path
Apogee pumps +1 - magic path

If I am wrong on anything I'm sure someone will point it out.
By monkey33333333 2018-01-24 01:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

99# sure the +1 Apogee feet are better for Phy and i use the +3 body for hybrid set, only thing that "maybe" win is the +1 Apogee body with magic path.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-01-24 10:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Laevus said: »
monkey33333333 said: »
99# sure the +1 Apogee feet are better for Phy and i use the +3 body for hybrid set, only thing that "maybe" win is the +1 Apogee body with magic path.

I can only back this up. Defo +1 phys Feet > Helios.
For Volt Strike, Helios Boots will beat Apogee Pumps +1 path B. The only time I've found this not to be true is when I have Nirvana AM3 up due to all the extra multi-attack it gives. Ali's sets are spot-on.

If you want to confirm what I'm saying, you can use the "SMN Physical Damage Calculator" on my pastebin. All you have to do is copy & paste the text into notepad, then save it as an ".html" file. It isn't a full simulation, it only compares BP Dmg to Pet:DA.

For example with my current set, excluding the slight difference in acc/atk, Helios Boots average 1.86% more damage than Apogee Pumps +1. That includes the 2 BP damage I'd gain on the Apogee Slacks +1 from having the set bonus active. Sure, my 3-hit Volts will go down in damage (the ones with no multi-hit procs) but I go from 62% chance of only having 3 hits to only a 50% chance of only having 3 hits. Basically going from 2/3 having no multi to only 1/2 having no multi, just from that one Helios.

Edit: Regarding Ali's sets, I do want to clarify the legs for magic pacts. It's a wash between Apogee Slacks +1 path A and Enticer's Pants. They can both beat each other depending on which pact, and how much TP the avatar has, but even in the most extreme cases you generally won't see a difference of more than about 300 damage between the two.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-01-24 22:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No, SMN just hasn't gotten many gear improvements since it's in an extremely good position for content atm.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-01-24 22:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Laevus said: »
monkey33333333 said: »

I can only back this up. Defo +1 phys Feet > Helios.
For Volt Strike, Helios Boots will beat Apogee Pumps +1 path B. The only time I've found this not to be true is when I have Nirvana AM3 up due to all the extra multi-attack it gives. Ali's sets are spot-on.

If you want to confirm what I'm saying, you can use the "SMN Physical Damage Calculator" on my pastebin. All you have to do is copy & paste the text into notepad, then save it as an ".html" file. It isn't a full simulation, it only compares BP Dmg to Pet:DA.

For example with my current set, excluding the slight difference in acc/atk, Helios Boots average 1.86% more damage than Apogee Pumps +1. That includes the 2 BP damage I'd gain on the Apogee Slacks +1 from having the set bonus active. Sure, my 3-hit Volts will go down in damage (the ones with no multi-hit procs) but I go from 62% chance of only having 3 hits to only a 50% chance of only having 3 hits. Basically going from 2/3 having no multi to only 1/2 having no multi, just from that one Helios.

Edit: Regarding Ali's sets, I do want to clarify the legs for magic pacts. It's a wash between Apogee Slacks +1 path A and Enticer's Pants. They can both beat each other depending on which pact, and how much TP the avatar has, but even in the most extreme cases you generally won't see a difference of more than about 300 damage between the two.

Tbh I completely forgot about Enticer's.
By andy1110 2018-01-25 10:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, what do u wear in precast BP to get 22sec recast? I have read 575smn skill and every BP delay u can find in game, but still get 29recast ._.
By Brynach 2018-01-25 11:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you activating Favor?
 Asura.Nishida
user: Nishida
By Asura.Nishida 2018-01-27 14:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If I do not plan on maining SMN and just want it leveled to bring out for stuff that's better to SMN burn like Kirin v2 are there any sets that are skippable or am I still probably going to need every set in the OP?

Basically, if there are skippable sets, can you tell me what sets to aim for?

Thanks everyone :)
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-01-27 15:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Useless fact of the day: Elemental spirit nukes do count for nuke objectives in omen.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 149 150 151