Link | Quote | Reply

Stonega IV to the face.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-25 00:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lot osode, buy zhak mail, ???, profit. (aurum cuirass also works well for ws!)
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-08-25 00:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

W.legs, they're a lot rarer then Osode or N.body and you won't regret getting them.

Plus your Ranger can always level into them.

And by the time you want w.legs there will either be a huge line, or they won't drop.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-08-25 00:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I seen a lot of sky LS where members would go pretty upset when someone would lot Osode and sell it to buy something else. I don't know how people would react in your LS so I'd make sure it won't create any conflict first.

I think people can do whatever they want with the items they lot. Your points, your time after all. I can see where people who think it's wrong are coming from, though.

And I think people saying W legs are right, it won't boost your WS damage but in the long run you save time and you would be able to do things you could not do without them. You can get gils in many different ways, W legs are only from Kirin and they are always the most in demand item.

GL with whatever you pick! ^^
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-25 02:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

W.legs aren't that great for DRG or DRK, but they are sex for RDM, PLD and RNG. But they are rare, a great status symbol and moving faster is always useful.

N.body is only really useful for THF using mercy stroke, every other job that can wear it have better options, In DRGs case that means Auruam, Askar (both for sTP), Ares, ACP (with the right augs), Zahak (if they don't break your 6hit).

For your DRG I should be aiming for a 6 hit build which would mean full timing Askar body and rose strap with /SAM (~24sTP required with a 492 delay weapon). This will do far more damage over time than a new WS body which will probably break your 6hit and only give a marginal increase in WS damage in return.

As for selling osodes, that's up to him and his LS. Yes most LSs wouldn't be pleased if you were selling their drops, but others may not mind... but check before doing anything.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-25 03:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Duderson said:
drakesbane has a 60% or something str modifier so im pretty sure heca will beat out acp body for it

And other stats like acc and att tend to play bigger roles in multi hit ws... not to mention critting on it.
 Ragnarok.Albender
Server: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-08-25 04:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

W.Legs is by far the best drop Kirin has for the jobs that can use them, and yes, I include DRK.

I wish I got W.Legs instead of my Heca Body.

They don't drop often for a reason.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-08-25 06:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Zykei said:
Vetramont said:
W Legs > Osode > N Body

I approve of this order.

i went
N.Body >> W.Legs >> Osode

n.body cuz my main "was" at a point WAR
w.legs when my main swapped to pld
osode when i was broke from buying a hagun for my sam and needed a sorc ring lol

this is true tho
Quote:

W Legs. Once you go 12%, you'll never want to be on any job without it.

i have to wear them EVERYWHERE cept for when i engage a mob because they are that good.
 Bahamut.Duderson
Server: Bahamut
user: Duderson
By Bahamut.Duderson 2009-08-25 22:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

so i ended up taking the heca body because it dropped on the first one. I just love drg too much to pass that opportunity up.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-08-25 22:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

KIRIN POLE GREATER THEN ALL
 Hades.Rieyuu
user: Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-08-25 22:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd go with the wind crystal personally
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-08-25 22:42:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Who are you kidding, you're not getting anything.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-08-25 23:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Who are you kidding, you're not getting anything.

^Win~
[+]
 Bahamut.Duderson
Server: Bahamut
user: Duderson
By Bahamut.Duderson 2009-08-25 23:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

you guys didnt read the whole thread apparently :p
user: ramone89
By Fairy.Benevolentone 2009-08-25 23:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone but RDM/PLD/RNG lots w legs im pissed. W legs are actually needed to solo and kite some hard ***. *** your "But I can get there faster" ***
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Equivocator 2009-08-25 23:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

W.Legs > Other 2 in no particular order. (N.Body has a lower drop rate in my experence)

We have a 1 Osode per person rule for our LS. If you want to sell it, thats fine, but you wont be getting another one from us.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-26 00:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Benevolentone said:
If anyone but RDM/PLD/RNG lots w legs im pissed. W legs are actually needed to solo and kite some hard ***. *** your "But I can get there faster" ***

And how many rdm's and rng's with w.legs never use them for soloing stuff? Blu and Cor can both kite solo a lot of things and w.legs are extremely useful for this of course. Drk and Drg, not so much, but still, 12% is awesome :D
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-26 00:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Movement speed is awesome for anyone if for nothing else then outrunning aggro. A drk could kite for short time waiting for dreadspike recast or drain or utesemi. Drg could easily kite while making his wyvern heal him. And blu and cor both can solo kite great. I mean theres been entire threads about it. But really in the end who gives a ***? If you have earned that armor you earned it and I'd rather give it to a cor thats been there helping than some rdm who just showed up cause he can debateably put them to better use
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-26 00:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Benevolentone said:

And how many rdm's and rng's with w.legs never use them for soloing stuff? Blu and Cor can both kite solo a lot of things and w.legs are extremely useful for this of course. Drk and Drg, not so much, but still, 12% is awesome :D
I'd agree and maybe I'm biased, but I only really see RDM, BLU and COR actually putting them to some real use. RNG kiting solo is pretty damn doubtful, and PLDs never kite much of anything anymore.

I could never turn down movement speed, personally. D:
[+]
user: ramone89
By Fairy.Benevolentone 2009-08-26 00:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG can pull/kite alot for an LS nad actually be useful. I don't want to see another full time DRG getting W legs just because they want to show up to an event 12% less late.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-26 00:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally find W Legs to be highly overrated and not worth lotting until you own everything else Kirin drops. Sure, you can run faster, whatever. If it really matters that much, you'd sub BRD for Raptor Mazurka, or /heal for 20 seconds to get Swift Shoes, or use Sprinters. You could argue they're useful for kiting, in which case, yes. They are. But then again, so is an Earth Staff.

For COR, you have the option of Hermes Sandals, which run about 1M on most servers. So get an Osode, sell it, and buy a pair for yourself and two for mules c.c

For RNG, Trotters are a lot easier to get and won't cost you a potentially useful item from a LV92 NM that takes months of devotion to get to.

For RDM, well let's face it. RDM can solo just fine without Crimson Cuisses. They're not a necessity, they just make it easier. Well-suited for the lazy types.

For DRK, wtf would you be kiting for anyway?
For PLD, on the whopping two-or-so NMs in the game that are still kited, I guess it could be useful.

Other than that, idk. Movement speed and nothing else. 12% is a barely noticeable difference, whether it's just running across town or going from the Crag of Mea to Sky.

You really want to put your points to good use? Get an Osode. Be the best SAM you can be.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-26 00:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

For RNG, Trotters are a lot easier to get and won't cost you a potentially useful item from a LV92 NM that takes months of devotion to get to.

I beg to differ.
That nasty 24 hour spawn 10% drop rate is a ***.
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-08-26 00:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I personally find W Legs to be highly overrated and not worth lotting until you own everything else Kirin drops. Sure, you can run faster, whatever. If it really matters that much, you'd sub BRD for Raptor Mazurka, or /heal for 20 seconds to get Swift Shoes, or use Sprinters. You could argue they're useful for kiting, in which case, yes. They are. But then again, so is an Earth Staff.

For COR, you have the option of Hermes Sandals, which run about 1M on most servers. So get an Osode, sell it, and buy a pair for yourself and two for mules c.c

For RDM, well let's face it. RDM can solo just fine without Crimson Cuisses. They're not a necessity, they just make it easier. Well-suited for the lazy types.

For PLD, on the whopping two-or-so NMs in the game that are still kited, I guess it could be useful.

Other than that, idk. Movement speed and nothing else. 12% is a barely noticeable difference, whether it's just running across town or going from the Crag of Mea to Sky.

You really want to put your points to good use? Get an Osode. Be the best SAM you can be.

Swif Shoes aren't 100%.

You can stack sprinters and w.legs for more speed.

When are you doing events as /brd ?

COR Skadi and Hermes are fine, but the MP+ one them is nice for WHM sub if soloing something.

RDM it can make a huge difference in soloing. Running that extra 12% while the monster is bound can help you get that next Ichi or Ni off just in time to save yourself.

PLD can use for kiting sure I guess, but the fire resist and other ele resist and good as well.

And for those of you who HNM, they can make all the difference between a claim and losing to another LS.

All in all, when I had to make the choice w.legs or Osode I picked w.legs and don't regret it.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-26 00:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Enternius said:

I beg to differ.

Fixed.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-26 01:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

Fixed.

That was a lame fix =\
[+]
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
Server: Carbuncle
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-26 01:53:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

LOL'd Please tell me what exactly have you soloed? Just curious, and they don't just make it easier thereare some monsters you can't solo unless you have the legs.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-26 02:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Deadlymidget said:
Enternius said:

LOL'd Please tell me what exactly have you soloed? Just curious, and they don't just make it easier thereare some monsters you can't solo unless you have the legs.

What he said^

W.legs allow a RDM to open up a few new solos that are not possible without them...

Yes they make soloing in general easier, but is that really a reason not to get them? Duelist Chapeau is the same by that logic, 'it just makes it easier', but every RDM wants one.

Just because you can do something without 'X piece of gear' doesn't make that gear worthless.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-26 03:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Blazza said:

Fixed.

That was a lame fix =\

Eh, my point was that you only disagreed with one of his many stupid points.