Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)
Ninja Equipment Sets (April 2015)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-09 10:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »
Also you can solo AA Elvaan, just make sure to have Migawari up all the time. If the effect wears off or is used, turn your back on the enemy to avoid feeding it TP and getting one shotted while waiting on Migawari recast.

What difficulty? I want to try this now. I've done Gessho, and duoed most High tiers with a paladin + trust...
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-06-09 10:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it on easy, my goal was to farm papers succesfully.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-09 10:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Gessho on easy as well; it wasn't too hard, and my trust team was Gessho, Koru, Apururu, and Qultada. The only trust who lived till the end was Gessho, so ninja powers activate?

No Ptica hat though.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-06-09 10:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You might ne able to handle it on normal when doing AA EV. The issue is, would you be able to finish on time?
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-06-09 10:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I also have solo the avatars on easy. Migawari and /run recommended.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-09 10:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You might ne able to handle it on normal when doing AA EV. The issue is, would you be able to finish on time?

Not sure, I guess that would depend on when she Benedictions. If it's at >75% then there's a chance. I'd think that the avatars and their AoE spam would be a pain in the ***, but if you've done it then it can be done.

I'm curious about Fulcrum, just because Kam'lanaut aggravates me.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-06-09 10:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
my trust team was Gessho, Koru, Apururu, and Qultalda.

I only use Koru-moru, Joachim, Ulmia and Kippapa (forgot how the name was spelled) for pretty much everything.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-06-09 10:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Which one is the fulcrum, the one wuth the kid or the adult?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-09 12:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Adult, the kid hangs out in Nexus.

I know shadows can block Great Wheel; Light Blade and the potential army of clones spawned from the glyphs he summons could suck. I don't think I can deal enough elemental damage in a short time to nuke down the fetters.
 Phoenix.Sweden
Server: Phoenix
user: sweden
By Phoenix.Sweden 2015-06-09 23:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a picture of an Izuna with critical hit damage+ on it? I have tried countless leaftip stones and have only seen critical hit rate+. I realize this could be due to extremely bad luck, but I'd just like some sort of confirmation its actually possible. Thanks in advance
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-10 11:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried to trio shark delve last night, party composition:

Me on NIN/RUN
A VERY well geared DNC/RUN
SCH/RDM

Cleared 1-5 with only a few hiccups; just needed hastes and dispels on ice spikes. The DNC and I are quite familiar with each others' play style and have been in numerous parties together; he's almost always my skillchain buddy so we were able to consistently do that. Cracklaw felt like an odd fight because I helped nuke it; my ninjutsu dealt decent damage I think.

We timed out with shark at 41%, but this was our first time trying to trio delve and our scholar admitted that perhaps his gear sets needed work. No deaths, no charms. And I very nearly matched my DNC friend in the parse, as well as took less damage. A respectable showing for NIN/RUN.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-06-10 11:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kick your SCH and take me :p
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-06-10 13:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sweden said: »
Anyone have a picture of an Izuna with critical hit damage+ on it? I have tried countless leaftip stones and have only seen critical hit rate+. I realize this could be due to extremely bad luck, but I'd just like some sort of confirmation its actually possible. Thanks in advance

I can back you up on it at a minimum being a really rare augment, I spammed hundreds of Leaftips for main and offhand Izunas and never saw crit dmg+. Ended up sticking with crit rate on both for now.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-10 14:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Kick your SCH and take me :p

Why, you'd just solo it.

On Leaf stones I keep getting store TP, which could be worse, I suppose...I did manage +11 AGI off a Dusk though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-06-10 23:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I never gotten a critical hit damage augment as well, And i've used plenty of NQ Leaftip Stone (nearly 7~8 stacks)
By Zeak 2015-06-11 04:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
A respectable showing for NIN/RUN.

This has easily become one of my favorite job combos; I've been using it since leveling NIN from 50-99 off of VT-IT mobs. It was very easy to get Chain 10+ from Skillchains and Swipe/Lunge MBs. Still a pretty potent option at iLevel if you aren't fully merited/JP/MAB/Macc towards San nukes. Another great boon is the elemental damage reduction, which is great since practically all NMs cast spells or have Magic attribute TP moves nowadays. Vallation and Runes give NIN a pretty nice edge in terms of survivability, especially if Shadows are still viable. Flash is also a nice little bonus if you're in a situation where you can feasibly tank.

On the subject of high-tier solos, though, I tend to switch between NIN/RUN or RUN/NIN depending on how much magic is involved. As said before NIN pretty much destroys the AAs, even on Normal, so no need to retread ground there. Stellar Fulcrum has proved to be kind of irritating, though. It's a good fight for Shadow-spam, but I think there's a good DPS-check involved as well. I got kind of wrecked when I first tried on RUN/NIN because I couldn't keep up with his clones/Giant Luopons. I was able to beat him on Easy with NIN/WAR shortly thereafter, but haven't tried Normal yet. See, I kind of got lucky on Easy and he didn't summon any clones, so I was able to focus solely on him during the fight. With the HP/Def boosts he receives on Normal, I'd think you'd need some tip-top gear to keep pressure on him, and I just don't have that. Another annoying aspect is his -ga debuff spam. Not a big deal if you bring some Echo Drops, but it's a different argument entirely if you rely on Trust for Support. You CAN position Trusts to stand outside of maximum -ga range (it is very strict), but sometimes they get dumb and will tip-toe a little closer if you move for ANY reason. I feel this is more likely to happen in a longer battle, so be prepared to babysit on higher difficulties.

As for Avatars, I've only ever done them on Normal with RUN, so I'm not really familiar with NIN strats. I would think the only time to do it would be during these 50% Trust HP/MP Boosts campaigns, because they just barely survive Shell V-only Astral Flows. With Valiance from RUN, they tend to only take 600~ damage, but a full HP Koru will just barely cling on with 200 HP without it (Assuming he doesn't adopt the instincts of a Dodo and convert before AF. It happens). I think the biggest issue is maintaining Trust MP, since they have to keep themselves and you alive for the duration of the fight. A NIN can probably sub out a BRD for Moogle/Brygid, so that's one less person they have to heal. However, Joachim is a still a pretty good choice since he can heal himself and is a more Reactive BRD, than Ulmia, who is much more focused. Ulmia only gives you Marches and Scherzo, neither of which are useful if you have enough DW or Migawari. So, perhaps Kupipi/Apururu, Koru-Moru, Joachim and Moogle is the best set-up. I'd like to hear how fast a NIN can kill them, as that might alleviate the Trust MP issue. On RUN, it can take me 20-25 minutes to clear on Normal (Not a good time by any means), but if a NIN/RUN can do it fast enough, they should have enough resources to survive.

Admittedly, NIN is a pretty low-priority job for me, but it has strangely become one my best geared because of how much it rides on Taeon gear. So, back to the the main topic, I was wondering if anyone tinkered with some Ranged acc./atk. augments for Daken purposes. I was gonna try to get a second Izuna soon, and I had some leftover Snowtip +2s I could throw at it. That may be because I'm a cheapskate, but I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to focus on some ranged accuracy if your primary accuracy is already decent unbuffed (say, 1000+). I also have some Crit rate+/R.acc-atk/Crit Hit+ Taeon gear from Ranger to work in there, but I figure the TA augments aren't worth giving up in TP-phase. Any NIN connoisseurs with some good info/experience on this subject?
By Kaerin 2015-06-11 10:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sweden said: »

from page 1 of this thread....

Kaerin said: »

That said, Im kind of tired of FFXI, my LS is doing bad BC everyone else is getting banned or something, so I don't care much to do math, mainly because it doesn't affect me BC I can't get the gear. That said, the 4 TA body and hat are going to be best when you have haste buffs, nothing else should be different, and maybe one day I'll compare Katanas when I get bored.... but I wouldnt hold your breathe until all of rhapsodies is out and I need to know what I should actually try to get.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-06-16 15:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if mentioned but if going the DW izuna path then the offhand str/agi+15 is best for Blade:Hi, while the str/dex+15 I imagine tops for Blade:Shun, over using delay -10%. Can't have too many perfect aug'ed Izuna it seems... cuz that doesn't even touch upon the crit dmg vs wsd aug for ea. ws mentioned. Which in itself is another issue.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-06-18 14:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Idk if mentioned but if going the DW izuna path then the offhand str/agi+15 is best for Blade:Hi, while the str/dex+15 I imagine tops for Blade:Shun, over using delay -10%.

Are you saying the greater WS damage outweighs the loss in TP speed from the delay- augment? At any rate, I kinda like the flexibility of using both Shun and Hi and I use them both a lot, depending on SC partners... so that's one reason to shoot for delay- first. And of course, if you had to choose one of str/dex versus str/agi, I'd lean toward str/dex since it's more useful for non-WS applications thanks to the added acc and crit (and to some extent dex helps Hi too thanks to crit rate).

Speaking of SCs... I've taken to bringing Ayame as my 4th trust a lot these days, and will probably do it a lot more if they open up a 5th trust slot. Constant Darkness SCs really bumps up my own damage, often more than the diminishing returns of yet another support trust.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-06-22 16:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump to note that while I have a good but not perfect offhand delay- Izuna (dly -9%, acc/atk+12, crit rate+3%), I'm suspicious of it being a significant advantage in many situations.

Ignoring Achiuchikapu, which is most often the winner for offhand, I've played with spreadsheet in a wide variety of targets/buffs/other gear and most situations I've seen have Tancho+1 or OAT Taiko either beating or at minimum being barely below the delay Izuna. Even the other 119 options like Raim or Shigi don't do too badly in comparison to delay- Izuna and work perfectly fine as very solid placeholders until Tancho+1 or Achiu in situations where you need more Acc than OAT Taiko can offer.

Tancho+1 also has the large interrupt- as an advantage that may not show up from a DPS perspective (except to the extent that it might reduce total casting time to allow for more swings), but that can indeed matter on serious content more for survival's sake Though to be fair, this matters less once you have Utsu: San and its freakish casting time - but still comes in handy when cancelling/losing San and putting up Ni.

I dunno that it's really worth spending the stones on offhand Izuna for what's no better than a sidegrade to much more easily obtained options. Personally, only reason I even have the delay Izuna is that it was my first Izuna and I got the good delay augment right away. Rather than replace it shooting for DMG, I just got a second Izuna and worked on that for DMG (and I did eventually get +17 for mainhand).
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-06-22 18:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That would depend which enemy are you evaluating you sets against with.

My OP sets are based on the following:
Low ACC set: Tojil (High Defense/Low Evasion)
High ACC set: the bunny (Low defense/ High Evasion)

The problem here is,those comparisons are revatively useless against today's newer content. It's lokely the new foes would consist of stats that surpasses that of both Tojil and the Rabbit.

If I were to create a nonexistent enemy into the spreadsheet with higher Defense and Evasion than those preciously mentioned, result would be different. Maybe if I were to take Tojil's defense and combine it with the rabbit's evasion (Let's call it Tojil "The Rabbit"), the equipment set would likely fair better with today's content thatn those in the OP.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-29 14:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gearing up NIN for shits after years out from the job, was curious what you guys thought of some of the new HTB gear.

Thoughts on Pernicious Ring replacing Rajas for TP and Lupine Cape replacing Iga Cape for TP as well? Lose a total of 2 STP, but the cape at the very least offers a lot of good stats, and the ring has 1 DA on it.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-06-29 14:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nice! That cape seems pretty good for high level content
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2015-06-29 17:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

hey kaeviathan, what do you think about Lapidary tunic for a nuking body?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-01 12:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Idk if mentioned but if going the DW izuna path then the offhand str/agi+15 is best for Blade:Hi, while the str/dex+15 I imagine tops for Blade:Shun, over using delay -10%.

Are you saying the greater WS damage outweighs the loss in TP speed from the delay- augment?
It does but again. Spreadsheet does not understand what is necessary for NIN to be able to maintain self-sc nor the DPS boost obtained due to such. Everything is even more complicated depending on pt setup.

[Rounds/WS:]
Code
Izuna/OAT→ 3.34
Izuna/Izuna→ 3.53
Nagi/OAT→ 3.06
Nagi/Izuna→ 3.21
—AM3 down→ 3.52

Delay 237 vs 213 Izuna doesn't seem to lower Rounds/WS whatsoever on spreadsheet and Nagi+Izuna STR/AGI+15, Acc/Att+15, Crit Dmg+5 is highest DPS.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-07-01 12:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I don't see it beating Yokaze for high level stuff.

Lupine Cape: DEF:19 STR+5 AGI+5 Accuracy+15 Evasion+15 Enmity-5 "Store TP"+4

Yokaze Mantle: DEF:16 HP+50 Accuracy+15 Attack+15 Ranged Accuracy+15 Magic Accuracy+15 Evasion+15 "Double Attack"+2%, [plus whatever STR DEX augs you may have on Yokaze (and WS/SC DMG, but not really relevant to TP gear)]

Broken down more, the real comparison is:
Lupine: STR+5 Store TP+4
Yokaze: DA+2% Atk+15 (you're likely not atk capped on high level content) Racc+15 (helps for Daken) STR/DEX+ 1~4 (augment)

In general, you're wildly overvaluing the worth of Store TP on NIN if you think it's enough to outweigh DA+2/Atk+15. The Store TP on Iga is a welcome addition, but the bigger reason it performs so well when you don't need Acc is the nice boost crit rate on a job where you're likely swinging at capped delay reduction with a lot of multi-hit.

I concede that it's possible there are some situations depending highly on support, where a little more Store TP is the difference in shaving a hit off to self SC. But even then, it's likely going to be reliant on hoping for multi-attack procs and/or having Mythic AM3 - so doesn't seem like a very good plan for the most part. Even if the Store TP option wins in very specific spreadsheet scenarios, I'm highly skeptical of it coming out on top in practical application.

Delay 237 vs 213 Izuna doesn't seem to lower Rounds/WS whatsoever on spreadsheet and Nagi+Izuna STR/AGI+15, Acc/Att+15, Crit Dmg+5 is highest DPS.

I get that you're coming from a Nagi user's perspective and you like heavy Store TP sets, but for most people it's not really about shaving 1 round off an x-hit build that's still double digits (we aren't talking about a SAM's 3~4 hit build here).

Delay still helps DoT even if you don't shave a hit just by virtue of NIN's near constant stream of capped delay reduction attacks and high crit rates. NIN isn't nearly as WS reliant as something like a SAM, nor does it have as high a proportion of WS/white damage as something like a THF or DNC.

Another note, I've found Izuna with Crit RATE +3~4% outperforms Crit Damage+5% in the vast majority of spreadsheet scenarios I've thrown at it.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-01 13:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have and actually use my Izuna Dmg+17 Acc+10 Crit Dmg+4 (I know I need to finish it) more so now than my Nagi. My point was that without OAT Idk if dual wielding Izuna is capable of Self-Sc w/o having Cor SAM rolls even with Trip Att+25% in gear. The way I see it is... If you cannot pump out WS's fast enough to Self-SC solo or duo then the Spreadsheet DPS means absolutely nothing since SCD would melt the target faster than the Spreadsheet itself comprehends.
Another note, I've found Izuna with Crit RATE +3~4% outperforms Crit Damage+5% in the vast majority of spreadsheet scenarios I've thrown at it.
What tp and ws set?
Really? I don't see it beating Yokaze for high level stuff.
Also.. this. Beats them all unless needing Acc then ofc Yokaze.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-01 14:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Which self SC are you all doing primarily?
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2015-07-01 15:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i figure darkness since its the easyiest to do with the higher damage ws
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-07-01 17:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the best TP sets I could find for ea. wpn. They vary slightly but the offhand aug remains the same for both. Assuming ya wanted to maximize Blade:Hi or ya could do WSD augs instead. w/e works

Set DPS:
Code
Nagi+Izuna→ 1469.691
Izuna+Izuna→ 1425.250

ItemSet 336174
Sub: STR/AGI+15 Acc/Att+15 Crit Dmg+5%
Main: Dmg+17 Acc/Att+15 Crit Dmg+5%
Sub: STR/AGI+15 Acc/Att+15 Crit Dmg+5%ItemSet 336175
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18