Forum » FFXI » General » Spoiler Screenshots
Spoiler Screenshots
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 23:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering, do other people get as pissed off with screen-shots of story-line CS's being posted on the site as I do?

There hasn't been anything too bad just yet, but I've seen a couple story-line CS screenshots for missions I haven't done yet, and a lot more for missions I have done.

Just kills doing the missions a bit when you're watching the CS's (which are amazing in WotG compared to earlier ones) and it's like, yup, seen that :/
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
Server: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-21 23:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-22 00:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you think I felt when I played FFVII after the whole world finished it already?

That's right I didn't care because I didn't like Aerith anyways >.>

But yeah I suppose that sucks. I don't look at too many of the screenies on here anyways, tho. Be careful, I suppose :/
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-22 00:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

@Etrayis: Why do you play an RPG if you don't give a crap about the story?

It's not a big deal really, I was just wondering if other people found it annoying too? I really enjoy the story aspect of the game, in fact that's the only reason I did ACP (which is unfinished) and the Moogle missions, I couldn't give a crap about the hat that's still sitting in the chest in Tenshodo.

Just think of it like you're going to go see a movie, but they have pictures on the walls of the theatre of all the key parts of the movies. And no, trailers aren't the same, as they don't give away key elements of the movie unless the movie is crap and the director is an idiot.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-22 00:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

While not so much with FFXI (I haven't really participated in the off-game community crap til FFXIV was announced, if only cause that would be the best place to find leads on info) I certain agree that spoilers period are irritating. Especially when some games, quite literally are carried by the story writing (See Mass Effect and pretty much any Bioware Game) even the Trailers or game videos themselves can be a real loss.

I've certainly been on the receiving end of party spam "HURRY ENTER THE BATTLE" reading a cut scene (particularly in the astonishingly well written CoP Saga) I can honestly say, that I was driven through that, not by simply wanting sea access (Though that was certainly the start of it) but eventually just wanting to see what was happening next. I woulda been pretty pissed if someone posted a gallery of CS spoilers.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-08-22 00:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

You know how many people have said to me "I don't care about the story! I just want the cool item at the end"

I always tell them the story is the best part...

Why would you play an RPG if you don't care about the story!?
They are pretty much interactive movies and that's why I've always loved RPGs!

@OP, yeah it bugs me a little to see screenshots of cut scenes I haven't seen yet.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-22 01:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when im doing anything mission related and im in the CS

???: THunderz Get moving I want to do more Missions!!!!!!!

??x2: Waaaaaaaaaah Thunderz want to read, gtfo noob

Thunderz: I hate you guys >.>
 Ramuh.Valafar
Server: Ramuh
user: Valafar
By Ramuh.Valafar 2009-08-22 04:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I do that alot too ._. I'm always the last person to finish any given CS, because I'm that anal about letting every scene - camera pan of an area etc. - play out to the end. I don't even [Enter] past text faster than you could reasonably speak it should I miss some teensy insignificant animation that I'll never see again...

Wow, I'm sad. In response to OP, yeah, it annoys me alot to read or see spoilers too, but people are free to upload whatever pictures they like. If they want to celebrate by taking a picture of a new area they have access to etc, who are we to say they can't brag about it? We are also free to not look at/read the said spoilers, and it's not their fault that they can't warn us about screenshots before they load. An "OMFGWTF?!" gamebreaking screenshot of Naja apologising is the risk we take for browsing :(

@Ahligieri... likewise D: I didn't bother levelling Aerith whatsoever because I knew it'd suck when that inevitable scene came around. Tifa main healing, *** yeah.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-08-22 04:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Just wondering, do other people get as pissed off with screen-shots of story-line CS's being posted on the site as I do?

There hasn't been anything too bad just yet, but I've seen a couple story-line CS screenshots for missions I haven't done yet, and a lot more for missions I have done.

Just kills doing the missions a bit when you're watching the CS's (which are amazing in WotG compared to earlier ones) and it's like, yup, seen that :/

The answer is no. These missions and CS are so *** weak that i laugh that they even say "spoiler" can spoil something when it came bad.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-08-22 04:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

By RPG do you mean MMORPG? The story in this game is almost as good as the 95yr old hooker i had last night... REALLY GOOD!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-22 04:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Blazza said:

By RPG do you mean MMORPG? The story in this game is almost as good as the 95yr old hooker i had last night... REALLY GOOD!

in regards to sex Age is just IRL lvls' AMIRITE?! Still hunting down that 128yr old Tibetan yak herder... just the thought makes my loins quiver in glee.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-08-22 04:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Now thats pure win. And on that note time to go get me some sweet dreams.
 Seraph.Helixx
Server: Seraph
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2009-08-22 04:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i really dont mind, and on the opposite, i always look for new SC of new things. Just makes it more exiting when i get there. Its like giving tiny pieces of delicious cake! You must eat cake!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-22 04:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Helixx said:
i really dont mind, and on the opposite, i always look for new SC of new things. Just makes it more exiting when i get there. Its like giving tiny pieces of delicious cake! You must eat cake!
haha, that's one way of putting it! Long time, Helixx!
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-22 06:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

I think I can answer this one pretty well.

RPG stands for Role Playing Game. I think we can all agree on that. What I derive from that term is a game where I can create my own story and shape it and mold it how I like.

I know most die hard FF fans will ***bricks at the thought of a varying storyline, but I also never played any other FF's because I honestly hate games with only 1 *** outcome.

And even considering the story lines in FFXI to be children's book worthy is an overstatement.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-08-22 11:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Blazza said:

RPG stands for Role Playing Game. I think we can all agree on that. What I derive from that term is a game where I can create my own story and shape it and mold it how I like.

I know most die hard FF fans will ***bricks at the thought of a varying storyline, but I also never played any other FF's because I honestly hate games with only 1 *** outcome.

And even considering the story lines in FFXI to be children's book worthy is an overstatement.

I like games with multiple outcomes, that is why Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favourite RPGs. The other FF games may have one ending but the choices you make throught the games effect what you can get and do later.

What I don't get is, if you dislike FF games and the story in FFXI, why would you even play it?
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-08-22 11:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Feifongwong said:
Etrayis said:
Blazza said:

I like games with multiple outcomes, that is why Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favourite RPGs. The other FF games may have one ending but the choices you make throught the games effect what you can get and do later.

What I don't get is, if you dislike FF games and the story in FFXI, why would you even play it?

For the gameplay?