I'm Not Leaving, I'm Not Giving Up. And Neither Should You.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I'm not leaving, I'm not giving up. And neither should you.
I'm not leaving, I'm not giving up. And neither should you.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-22 09:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sayomi said: »
Game is not over unless you play on a relic of a console. If you love this game as much as you truly express, you'll sell your console on ebay and buy a cheap pc! Thats what I did anyway.
Let's be honest; this.

Also, I fixed the title, it was bugging me.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-22 09:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And what about if its not about love but only about sex?
[+]
 Asura.Alexandero
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-03-22 10:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Then as long as it's still putting out, no sense in leaving!
[+]
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2015-03-22 11:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

If you can *** a Playstation you can *** a PC.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-22 13:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i have not read the full thread, im sorry if this has been discussed already but one common theme ive been experiencing is people who play on a console without other means of playing the game (usually find out about this tidbit later/someone tells you)adamantly get offended when anyone bring up getting a new pc, how consoles are going down, or that they have to play on pc altogether.

when asked "what functional reason do you have for not playing on pc if you had access to a pc and your console?", theyd reply with "what?" or something something ignorant(not being mean, it usually fits the definition). ive also heard: "console is the way the game was meant to be played", "console is the way ive always played", and finally the famous "im a console gamer not a pc gamer". all of these are blatant (seem blatant to me anyways) excuses and/or just good reasons in there eyes to activate the "im now offended" trap card. (similar to when people who get caught doing something wrong, caught doing something they cant simply explain, ect)

now the tricky part comes in when i mention "personal reasons/opinions aside, what would the difference be" (keep in mind 100% of the time now these individuals turned out to not have another way to play), they just straight up say "personal reasons dont work" which doesnt make sense to me. after learning they just didnt have another way to play, it makes me wonder why people choose to almost create an issue for them to vent through, rather than address the actual solutions, which will be eventually: play on pc, or dont play. i personally feel (personal reasons/opinions dont count here, i know i know!!) that this is manipulation of some kind, and it may be benign or even unbeknownst to them conciously, but i just feel the skin of a snake if you will, under all of these weird, weird *** conversations ive been seeing.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-22 13:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The nerves in my hands are kinda...odd and I can't use WASD effectively. I did play FFXI and TESIII: Oblivion on PC with a controller though.
By Notacka 2015-03-22 14:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

TESIII is Morrowind.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-22 14:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
The nerves in my hands are kinda...odd and I can't use WASD effectively. I did play FFXI and TESIII: Oblivion on PC with a controller though.

Can't remember if there is a direct way to set up control for ffxi PC but I do remember that you can set up a control for PC, their are third party programs than set the buttons on a control to react as you are hitting keys on a keyboard. Also ff11 has the numberpad and arrow keys for movement/camera angle as well, that feels more natural to me than WASD
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-22 14:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Notacka said: »
TESIII is Morrowind.
Same thing, just different.
[+]
 Odin.Balamor
Server: Odin
user: DJsouko
By Odin.Balamor 2015-03-22 17:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

hi, everyone. im japanese.
so maybe its difficult for reading but please read this post.

i made change.org site for keep developping FFXI.
http://goo.gl/oNWAoz

please /help and /assist me /follow and RT!
https://twitter.com/ff11iinkai
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-22 18:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you use WASD when you have perfectly functional arrow keys?
By Pantafernando 2015-03-22 18:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Why would you use WASD when you have perfectly functional arrow keys?

Because the arrows are below my right hand.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-22 18:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I think I use the Numpad. More spaces in between the keys.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-03-22 18:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Balamor said: »
hi, everyone. im japanese.
so maybe its difficult for reading but please read this post.

i made change.org site for keep developping FFXI.
http://goo.gl/oNWAoz

please /help and /assist me /follow and RT!
https://twitter.com/ff11iinkai
Heck, why not. Signed. Good luck!
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2015-03-22 19:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There is absolutely no reason why a console player can't make the switch to PC, even with a moderately underpowered system. There are plenty of solutions to use console controllers via USB on PC for under 5 bucks, it's the exact same gameplay. No one is FORCED to use the keyboard or learn some PC only interface or Windower macro system that will confuse the *** out of a PC novice, it's all just an excuse to whine about a console that's been dead for a while (PS2 that only JPs use) or a console that already has a new successor out (the Xbone). Ffs PS2 support should have been slowly dropped during the PS3's lifespan, I'm glad the consoles are finally being dropped.

Just to reiterate how you DON'T need a new PC, when this game first got released all those years ago I got it to run on a P3 800 after my main tower died, which was BELOW the minimum requirements to run the game, and I ran it just fine. The system requirements haven't jumped that much to where you need some sort of modern system to play. Even a crappy used system from a pawnshop or ebay will run this, you don't need to spend 1000's of dollars for a gaming system. Just play on w/e computer/laptop it is you are using to reply to these forums, get a USB adapter and continue to enjoy the game using the same macros you are used to. (Save them to the server then load them on PC.) The sooner you do this the better.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Elazar1 2015-03-22 22:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not plaining on going anywear close to finishing my next mythic, 1 more relic an to finish. Crafting to finish out, lots of small goals I wanna do.
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2015-03-23 03:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on 360, and once support for it ends, I'll get a logitech controller and play the game on my laptop.
[+]
By Angarato 2015-03-23 06:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qubItQjdSHA
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2015-03-23 07:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't posted or played ffxi in forever now. Im sure I cancelled my sub at least a year ago now and before that I kept the sub but played maybe once in a 3 month period. Pretty much since Adulin release, the game was over for me.

Anyway, what got me to post now is that while I'm not as invested as I once was, its still sad to see it go. And while totally unrelated, I remembered ffxi recently because some show used the phrase "Memento mori" as its episode title or something.

It reminded me of my days as blu and while the nostalgia didn't hit as hard as it used to, I thought it was perfect that this was the phrase that made me come here and check the forums and find out that the game is on its way out.

I don't regret my time spent on ffxi, I'm happy I got to experience it in its greatest time along with all the people I met.

I'm getting too sappy even for my own taste but all I really care to say at this point is enjoy the time you have left on it and know you made great memories over the game's lifespan.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-03-23 09:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no need to leave. I'm going to make sure to have this game installed on PC with my macros set before they end Xbox support. The only thing all this means is that I have just under a year to finish getting my xbox achievements.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-03-23 10:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
But for those who played for more superficial reasons and stayed on top a majority of the time will find little incentive to stick around.
This is misleading and self-centered. A game that doesn't get updated eventually runs its course doesn't matter how 'deep' you are. This has nothing to do with being superficial.

You'll have to forgive my poor use of adjectives, but I was merely insinuating the rift between motives of playing the game in the first place. Some people play MMOs to be the best of the best and on top of the numbers roster so to speak, and those will likely be the first to abandon ship.

But you're right, once the updates end, everyone will find and complete their own objectives on their time and that's when it all comes to a close. Some earlier than others for different reasons.

^ SOOOOOOO much this.

So... after Novembers updates, all of the obsessive one uppers and elitist players will be power-humping the content, finishing it, and then walking out the FFXI door leaving all of the "casuals" to play with all of the rest of the people who'll stick around just play the game for fun?
Sign me up!
If a sub decline involves gilbuyers, blatant botters, neckbeards and the wide range of *** in FFXI then by all means please let the doors hit you right in the assface on the way out.

Edit: Dear Anjisnu, you rock.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-23 10:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Please let me hear more moronic statements. Implying people that keep up with content at a fast pace aren't playing for fun? What do you think they are playing for then?
Besides, like stated many times even casuals will drop out eventually, they'll just take longer to finish their goals.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-03-23 10:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
But for those who played for more superficial reasons and stayed on top a majority of the time will find little incentive to stick around.
This is misleading and self-centered. A game that doesn't get updated eventually runs its course doesn't matter how 'deep' you are. This has nothing to do with being superficial.

You'll have to forgive my poor use of adjectives, but I was merely insinuating the rift between motives of playing the game in the first place. Some people play MMOs to be the best of the best and on top of the numbers roster so to speak, and those will likely be the first to abandon ship.

But you're right, once the updates end, everyone will find and complete their own objectives on their time and that's when it all comes to a close. Some earlier than others for different reasons.

^ SOOOOOOO much this.

So... after Novembers updates, all of the obsessive one uppers and elitist players will be power-humping the content, finishing it, and then walking out the FFXI door leaving all of the "casuals" to play with all of the rest of the people who'll stick around just play the game for fun?
Sign me up!
If a sub decline involves gilbuyers, blatant botters, neckbeards and the wide range of *** in FFXI then by all means please let the doors hit you right in the assface on the way out.

Edit: Dear Anjisnu, you rock.
I didn't think of it this way. Sweet, now I'm actually excited about the future of this game.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-03-23 12:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please let me hear more moronic statements. Implying people that keep up with content at a fast pace aren't playing for fun? What do you think they are playing for then?
Besides, like stated many times even casuals will drop out eventually, they'll just take longer to finish their goals.

How is that in any way moronic?
Keeping up with content at a fast pace does not equate shredding content at any expense, i.e. gilbuyers, hacks, or *** that sacrifice their own and others well being and time to be the first ones across the finish line of this imaginary race.

Good question, though I don't understand why the terms of "Obsessive one-uppers and elitist players" got lumped into your definition of "People that keep up with content at a fast pace", I figure that those definitions speak for themselves without needing to elaborate.
Plenty of people keep up with the new content, but to those who think that brand new content is all the game has to offer and is in a rush to clear it just to either quit for good or sit around and lament at people who don't share their same pace of priorities, I welcome their exit from this game.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-23 12:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Elitist is just the way those who lag behind call the ones ahead. And if people already cleared the past content of course they need a new one or interest fades quickly.
There have always been entire ls of people working on efficience and thus clearing content fast, this is true to every game ever. They're still having fun doing so.

I'd rather welcome the exit from this game of people like you.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-23 12:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure everyone playing has "goals" per se, rather just jumping into whatever content they're in the mood for.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-23 12:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearing 200 legion waves or capping incursion level can be goals too, which involve content.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-03-23 13:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Elitist is just the way those who lag behind call the ones ahead. And if people already cleared the past content of course they need a new one or interest fades quickly.
There have always been entire ls of people working on efficience and thus clearing content fast, this is true to every game ever. They're still having fun doing so.

I'd rather welcome the exit from this game of people like you.

Ah, so you took offense to the term elitist and it hit your pride, gotcha.
I did not mean to offend, but oh well, I'm not going to be the one you grind your axe on and if you want to take a comment to heart and make an issue out of it, fine, enjoy your pedestal.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-23 13:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking more in line with when you randomly go "*** it, let's go to Al Zhabi"
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7