New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 137 138 139
By Aricomfy 2020-10-29 03:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding on to what Wotasu said, Path C should be prioritized, but a second Path D body piece for that 3 Refresh is a god send when paired together with Moralltach. Sometimes, you just don't get anyone casting Refresh on you at all and you'll find yourself really struggling to do anything with no MP. Taking zero damage from blocking with Ochain doesn't help the situation much either, so you won't be getting MP back from it reliably. It's always good to have a refresh idle set on hand with PLD for those few instances where you're heavily casting and there's no RDM to be found, Chivalry is on cooldown or you get MP drained by a mechanic or something.
[+]
By sumo 2020-10-29 10:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So consensus is I should 5/5 path C and get an additional path D body?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-29 11:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a set for midcast for /BLU and enmity spells?

I'm already sitting on 105% SIRD, I just want to see what I can do to gain more enmity and DT in it.

My current set has 105% SIRD, 34% DT and I forget how much enmity (not including sword, I'm getting a Burtgang in about a week, almost done with Alexs). I was wondering if I need to change some stuff up to include more enmity and DT.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-10-29 12:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

104 SIRD, -55pdt, -41mdt -36dt & +76Enm.
HP2940 I can swap in more Enm but drop HP.(mainly hands/feet)
Code
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head={ name="Souv. Schaller +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
body={ name="Souv. Cuirass +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
hands={ name="Souv. Handsch. +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
legs={ name="Founder's Hose", augments={'MND+10','Mag. Acc.+15','Attack+15','Breath dmg. taken -5%',}},
feet={ name="Souveran Schuhs +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
neck="Moonlight Necklace",
waist="Audumbla Sash",
left_ear="Magnetic Earring", (cause Rune)
right_ear="Cryptic Earring",
left_ring="Defending Ring",
right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-10-29 12:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 376293

This is what I use specifically for aoe blu spells sird. The set itself is just 96 sird so either merits (Which I use) or a select piece of gear in another slot to cap then fill the rest with enmity and DT combinations

The full set I use is;

ItemSet 376294
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-11-06 07:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Circling back around on my PLD for the first time in a couple years. Any reason to +3 any relic? any niches for su5+2 neck?
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-06 08:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic Gauntlets +2/3 makes Shield Bash Dispel 1 buff, Unresistable(?).
Leggings +3 has "Sentinal+25" which "Begins damage reduction at -128% PDT instead of -90%"
[+]
By Taint 2020-11-06 08:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

And its all solid for ACC/ATT for WSs since you will consistently be underruffed.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-11-06 09:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Relic Gauntlets +2/3 makes Shield Bash Dispel 1 buff, Unresistable.
I've seen a few people say this now, the unresistable part. But.. how do we know this? There's not even a log message for the dispel effect. And if anyone posted conclusive testing I must have missed it.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-06 09:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Relic Gauntlets +2/3 makes Shield Bash Dispel 1 buff, Unresistable.
I've seen a few people say this now, the unresistable part. But.. how do we know this? There's not even a log message for the dispel effect. And if anyone posted conclusive testing I must have missed it.
Im only copying what others are saying, so in reality we dont know I guess, could be totally wrong. I'll edit it abit.
Edit: would be interesting to see if you could dispel Shock Spikes from Geirskogul AM...
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-11-06 09:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I'd love to know where and how that claim originated.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-11 04:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC, PLD who tanked Master Trials Black & White for me managed to dispel Dread Spikes while the BRD and SCH could not.

If not un-resistable, it's definitely potent.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-11-11 09:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Find some super high level adoulin mob that casts Ice Spikes or similar, take off your ilvl weapon and any MACC gear, and Shield Bash it 10 times or so and see if you get any resists.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-11-11 09:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The master trial test is pretty accurate I would like to believe. We have used Shield bash multiple times and it dispelled Dread Spikes 100% everytime. While any other regular dispel/finale wouldn't land.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-11-11 10:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: would be interesting to see if you could dispel Shock Spikes from Geirskogul AM...
I feel almost certain I've tried this, and it didn't work, but I may do some log digging later. That said, I don't think it would have any bearing on if the dispel is unresistable, because the spikes are form Relic aftermath, which is not normally a dispellable effect(at least on players. I can't say for certain how they are handling it on a mob.)

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
IIRC, PLD who tanked Master Trials Black & White for me managed to dispel Dread Spikes while the BRD and SCH could not.

If not un-resistable, it's definitely potent.
There was a tidbit on the JP wiki shield bash page, that may suggest that the shield base dispel is either, Not light/dark element, or non-elemental. Making it work well on dark/light resistant mobs. HUUUGE caveat about how bad google translate was on this one. Needs the attention of someone that can actually read JP. And I didn't see any references to sources so it could be unverified info in the first place.

Not sure if Odin is light resistant as well as dark, but this could be related. That or it is either legit super accurate or outright unresistable. I'm not absolutely opposed to the idea, I just want it substantiated, and this is a pretty good example pointing in that direction.

Asura.Geriond said: »
Find some super high level adoulin mob that casts Ice Spikes or similar, take off your ilvl weapon and any MACC gear, and Shield Bash it 10 times or so and see if you get any resists.
This sounds like a pretty good test. Hmmm, could maybe use the various apex undead in Ra'kaznar inner court for test mobs. Up to lvl 139, and a few different types should cast spikes.

I'll see if I can find time to do a bit of testing.

Has anyone posted on the official forums about the lack of a log message for this? We really need this to be reporting on the dispelled effect in the log.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-11 11:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Geirskogul AM isn't a dispellable effect as far as I know. Other forms of dispel "have no effect" even when AM is up and no other buffs are present on the mob. I'd be surprised if Shield Bash was being treated differently.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-11 11:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a tidbit on the JP wiki shield bash page, that may suggest that the shield base dispel is either, Not light/dark element, or non-elemental. Making it work well on dark/light resistant mobs. HUUUGE caveat about how bad google translate was on this one. Needs the attention of someone that can actually read JP. And I didn't see any references to sources so it could be unverified info in the first place.
That's basically what it says, while not outright stating that it's nonelemental; it states that it is effective against NMs that have a high light/dark resistance where finale/dispel don't work.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-11-11 11:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone posted on the official forums about the lack of a log message for this? We really need this to be reporting on the dispelled effect in the log.
This is the same issue as Weaponskills and Blue Magic with additional effects not showing their effects in the log, so given that this has been like this for almost two decades despite LOTS of feedback wanting it to show, I'm guessing it's nearly impossible for them to adjust the current setup to show them.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-11-11 11:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
That's basically what it says, while not outright stating that it's nonelemental; it states that it is effective against NMs that have a high light/dark resistance where finale/dispel don't work.
Thank you for checking that.

Asura.Geriond said: »
This is the same issue as Weaponskills and Blue Magic with additional effects not showing their effects in the log, so given that this has been like this for almost two decades despite LOTS of feedback wanting it to show, I'm guessing it's nearly impossible for them to adjust the current setup to show them.
I maintain that they should adjust every damaging attack with an added effect to do what violent flourish does. It has a different message when the stun lands. "takes x damage and is stunned."

Whether that is feasible to actually do programing wise, I don't know. But there is an existing example in the game that does what is needed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Amancalledhero
By Bismarck.Amancalledhero 2020-11-11 15:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all!
Just came back recently, around April after leaving 8 years ago hehe. Came back and was fortunate enough with help from Ringoko and Zroo, got me up to speed on the latest end game stuff. Its crazy how much has changed in the years; lots of new JAs and gear. Been having fun tanking all the newer(new to me) contents.

Looking at shield bash, yeah it works on Odin's dread spikes on Master trials while dispel/finale did not work. I think the only gear I put in different was the relic gauntlets and in my normal dt idle set so no extra magic accuracy gear.
During Dyna, doing Volte DRG NM, Shield Bash couldn't dispel the spikes(just had a run couple days ago and tested it again). I dont think aftermath is dispelable? IIRC, doing Fu, it does not absorb or dispels it.
We have been doing Odyssea as a group from A to C now. Where as nn C, the halos there with invisible beastmen are immune to sleep. When we do the mamool ones there's always a blm one that has shockspikes up, i believe i was able to dispel it with bash. Need more testing on it. Finale was able to dispel it too.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-11 16:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Could try Genbu in Escha - Ru'aun, He tends to resist every Finale I throw at him unless I use NiTro. Not sure if he resist Rdm as hard.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-11-11 18:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I went out and did a brief test. These mobs are actually pretty annoying. They don't realyl prioritize Ice Spikes recast when in combat, so I ended up pulling several so I'd always have one with spikes up. Two lvl 139 and one 137. I didn't really track which ones I shield bashed each time, but it shouldn't really matter.

Each bash was used with a non ilvl weapon equipped(and a non ilvl shield), and in a set with 0 macc+. still ilvl gear though.

Very small sample as the mobs and test itself are really annoying.

12/12 bash dispels landed.

Has spikes. Bash. No spikes. 12 times in a row.

I'd want more samples before I'd declare it completely unresistable, but it clearly has an incredible land rate even on very high level mobs, without the benefit of an ilvl weapon or maccc+.

I'm kinda wondering if it even has an macc check...
 Bismarck.Amancalledhero
By Bismarck.Amancalledhero 2020-11-11 18:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

We just did our Odyssea C run, Halo mobs on floor 2 mamool had shockspikes, shield bash, spikes off.
Halo mobe on floor 3, belly dancers uh Lamiae, one had ice spikes, shield bash, spikes off. I didnt get to take Screenshot of it. Pretty sure odyssea beastmens are high levels. Higher we climb, higher the level mobs are.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-11-11 18:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I also took a quick trip into ballista, to confirm that it's only a single buff dispelled. And yeah, just removes the one. But is incredibly accurate at doing so.

While I was at it, I've decided to throw out an Intervene on my poor guinea pig mule, and look at the acc/atk values.

Have some before an after acc/atk values there. Ard didn't have a whole lot in the first place but.. Nice 0 there.

It might be interesting to see if this could set a fully buffed DD's acc/atk to 1 and 0. Or if there is a limit to the reduction that could be overcome with enough acc/atk.
[+]
 Bismarck.Amancalledhero
By Bismarck.Amancalledhero 2020-11-11 18:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice info, I did an intervene on a mighty strike HQ WAR Volte NM in dyna and it was whiffing most of it's WS on me, including alliance when it tried to fell cleave. May come useful against Halphas in sandy when it starts to go crazy.
By Crossbones 2020-11-11 19:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Intervene is very strong. I pair it (or stagger it) with odyllic all the time and it fully neuters the mob. Great for zergs or clutch situations. It definitely works great on halphas.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-11-11 19:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Could try Genbu in Escha - Ru'aun, He tends to resist every Finale I throw at him unless I use NiTro. Not sure if he resist Rdm as hard.

Very high resist to rdm dispel as well. If it lands well on him the ability to get rid of that shell v when busting him would go a long way for sure
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-11-11 21:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the BGwiki shield bash page with some notes about the dispel effect. Hats off to Wotasu for drawing attention to the accuracy of the effect so it could be further examined. /salute.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-12 02:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I also took a quick trip into ballista, to confirm that it's only a single buff dispelled. And yeah, just removes the one. But is incredibly accurate at doing so.

While I was at it, I've decided to throw out an Intervene on my poor guinea pig mule, and look at the acc/atk values.

Have some before an after acc/atk values there. Ard didn't have a whole lot in the first place but.. Nice 0 there.

It might be interesting to see if this could set a fully buffed DD's acc/atk to 1 and 0. Or if there is a limit to the reduction that could be overcome with enough acc/atk.
You could try Shield bash with Whm having Asylum active.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-12 14:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I popped Genbu and did 2 Shield Bash back to back, using super revit after Genbu had done Harden Shell and ShellV.
Then I used Elemental Seal + Dispel on Rdm Alt for "no effect",
sadly no Screenshot cause DGVoodoo and latest update reverted my Screenshot settings..
I feel Genbu did a lot of selfbuffing after I used my Bashes
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 137 138 139