First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 137 138 139
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-24 05:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Ahh, interesting. Do the solo fights have to be done solo or can you still take a full party in?
You should be able to take a party in, I swear I read that somewhere.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-29 22:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So, now for HP enmity and HP enmity SIRD sets.

I've made made two HP enmity sets here as my set uses Vocane+1, and I realize that this is not a popular choice for your one SoA ring.

HP Enmity HP Enmity(non-vocane)
ItemSet 353474 ItemSet 371878
3,013 HP
Enmity+146 /w Crusade
68% PDT
45% DT
MDT50%/BDT 52%
Cape aug has Block+5
3,013 HP
Enmity+151~155 w/ Crusade
70% PDT
37% DT
42% MDT/44% BDT
Cape aug has PDT-10

All souveran is C path. Capes are 60HP, 30 Meva, Enmity+10, and then either PDT or Block+.

The Non-Vocane set actually has higher enmity+, but less blockrate and lower DT.

I tried to find some possible improvements using the new augment gear, but... There wasn't much that would be any better.

Like, Unmoving Collar +1 has the +200 HP augment and still has +10 enmity. Sounds useful, right? Not really. So you drop +5 enmity(and 15 meva..) to get +200 HP. What would this let you change out for more enmity? You could swap to A path Echite greaves, going from +9 enmity on feet to +15. So +6 gain. But we dropped 5 enmity to get that HP on neck, to net gain +1 enmity. And now we're at 67/68% PDT. /facepalm. It's pretty much all like this when I try to get more enmity in here, at least thus far.

Moving along. Each time you add a new stat goal to a set, the original stat that was focused on tends to suffer. We start out with enmity, then make sure PDT is capped and lose enmity. Then add a 3k HP requirement, and lose more enmity. So when you add SIRD, and try to maintain everything else as well, something has to give somewhere. And since we don't want to be dead, that's enmity again.
ItemSet 372008
3005 HP
Enmity+129 w/ Crusade
105% SIRD with 5/5 merits.
72% PDT
31% DT
36% MDT / 41% BDT

Augs: C path souveran. PDT cape.

I messed around a bit with alternate options for this one as well, but nothing stood out as really better. It's overcapped on PDT, but I can't drop any PDT/DT anywhere without dropping HP, or SIRD, that I need etc.

Despite that fact that PLD has some of the best and largest values of SIRD on its gear.. I still find myself wishing we had better. More SIRD gear that also has enmity, and/or PDT. And HP. And meva! -_-; There's just so many stats we need to try to pack into every set now. The bar is very, very high for new gear to actually be good for PLD.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-03-29 23:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally agree. I personally find that to be the most fun part about PLD, trying to min/max so many of the necessary values that PLDs have to juggle. Thanks for doing this Martel.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-03-30 03:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd question but I cannot seem to find it, is all Souveran same path and if so what path?

I did look but search doesn't pull up labeled sets.

Thanks.
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-03-30 03:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Check 2 posts above yours.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-03-30 04:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that for every piece though? About 11 pages back the guy says he did hands and I think legs path d (sorry it's early)
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-03-30 09:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Is that for every piece though? About 11 pages back the guy says he did hands and I think legs path d (sorry it's early)

They should all be path C, with only exceptions being head path D if the 4PDT allows you more room to play with other slots (but I'd still have a path C head for enmity set), and having an extra path D body as an idle piece if you need Refresh.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-03-30 11:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm always tempted to go on the refresh path for body, since I usually use AF.

Then I remember I never even consider using paladin for anything.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-30 11:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Odd question but I cannot seem to find it, is all Souveran same path and if so what path?

I did look but search doesn't pull up labeled sets.

Thanks.
If you're referring to any of my recent posts I believe I did specify the path for augments for sets in the posts.

Like here. for my previous post.
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
All souveran is C path.
And here.
Augs: C path souveran.
Or on my post on the page before this.
Souveran C path
Although, I may not have done so for the actual set description so if you're looking at the sets from my profile page it may not be clear. I'll check on that.

One of the main reasons everything has been C path is cause this has all been high HP FC and enmity sets so far. And C path has the epic HP and enmity.

D path body is more likely to appear in idle sets. Same for head.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-31 12:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a much more involved post typed up for this, but I hit F5 like an idiot and it is gone. I just can't do that post again, so this is the cliffnotes version.

Disclaimer: I can't read, JP, google translate, etc,etc. Someone, please, translate this stuff.

A JP blog post by Bun of the Two Man Cell blog tested the effects of enmity+ gear on CE loss. As well as how this interacts with CE loss gear like Burtgang.

2 enmity = CE loss -1%, up to a cap of -50% CE loss at +100 enmity.

I have done a few tests that support this. So I think I'm interpreting the post correctly.

The Enmity+ CE loss- is in a different multiplicative term with the reduction from equipment with the "Reduces enmity loss when taking damage" effect.

They also had these values listed for various gear with this effect. I was already aware of these values, but looking around it doesn't seem like they are well documented so I will include them here.

Burtgang(99): 20%
Creed Collar: 5%
Chevalier's Cuisses + 1: 12%
Erilaz Surcoat + 1: 12%

Chevalier's and Erilaz have the value on the gear description, but I included them anyway.

So, with the enmity+ CE reduction and the gear reduction, PLD can reach 68.5% CE loss reduction. 50% from enmity+100 and 37% from gear. so 0.5*0.63=0.685, or 68.5%. RUN is at 56% reduction.

There's also a post about Foe Sirvente but the google translation seems worse than usual and it's hard to make much out.

I'm fairly certain it says that Foe Sirvente is the same term as "reduce enmity loss" gear. I'm less certain about this next part, but I think it's also saying that "reduces enmity loss" gear's effect caps at 50%, making the max reduction 75% (50% from enmity+ and 50% from reduces loss gear.)

I've not done any testing to verify the Foe Sirvente info, and as I said the google translate was.. bad. So take it with a grain of salt.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-03-31 14:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a much more involved post typed up for this, but I hit F5 like an idiot and it is gone. I just can't do that post again, so this is the cliffnotes version.

Disclaimer: I can't read, JP, google translate, etc,etc. Someone, please, translate this stuff.

A JP blog post by Bun of the Two Man Cell blog tested the effects of enmity+ gear on CE loss. As well as how this interacts with CE loss gear like Burtgang.

2 enmity = CE loss -1%, up to a cap of -50% CE loss at +100 enmity.

I have done a few tests that support this. So I think I'm interpreting the post correctly.

The Enmity+ CE loss- is in a different multiplicative term with the reduction from equipment with the "Reduces enmity loss when taking damage" effect.

They also had these values listed for various gear with this effect. I was already aware of these values, but looking around it doesn't seem like they are well documented so I will include them here.

Burtgang(99): 20%
Creed Collar: 5%
Chevalier's Cuisses + 1: 12%
Erilaz Surcoat + 1: 12%

Chevalier's and Erilaz have the value on the gear description, but I included them anyway.

So, with the enmity+ CE reduction and the gear reduction, PLD can reach 68.5% CE loss reduction. 50% from enmity+100 and 37% from gear. so 0.5*0.63=0.685, or 68.5%. RUN is at 56% reduction.

There's also a post about Foe Sirvente but the google translation seems worse than usual and it's hard to make much out.

I'm fairly certain it says that Foe Sirvente is the same term as "reduce enmity loss" gear. I'm less certain about this next part, but I think it's also saying that "reduces enmity loss" gear's effect caps at 50%, making the max reduction 75% (50% from enmity+ and 50% from reduces loss gear.)

I've not done any testing to verify the Foe Sirvente info, and as I said the google translate was.. bad. So take it with a grain of salt.

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding, but does this mean you would want have at +100 Enmity while being hit?
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-03-31 14:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty easy to do that as PLD.

Full Souv C path is 56(45+11 on body). Crusade is 30. Moonlight Necklace is 15. Congrats you're there!
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-31 14:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. it's actually been this way since like.. 2014? We just never knew how much the CE loss was reduced.

Yeah, Feb 18 2014 version update.
Quote:
The "Enmity+X" and "Enmity-X" statistics found on equipment have undergone the following adjustments.
Those receiving damage from a foe while wearing "Enmity-X" equipment will experience greater enmity reductions, while those wearing "Enmity+X" equipment will experience lesser enmity reductions.
And now we know how much it helps, and up to what cap.

And like Zeto said, it's not difficult to hit +100 on PLD.
By SimonSes 2020-03-31 15:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Martel could you review my Meva set for PLD?
ItemSet 371361

Cape:
+10%PDT
+10 enmity
+60HP
+30 MEVA

+711 MEVA
+1199~1264 HP
+17%DT
+70%PDT
+33%MDT
+50 enmity

Bonus points:
5 main pieces have more DEF and VIT than 5/5 Souveran +1
10%DA
+20 regen

I think this set proves that high meva set on PLD is hard to get, but it's not impossible.
It's also not some pure MEVA set to prove a point too. It still has ~3000HP, capped PDT (and MDT with Shell), higher VIT and DEF than usual 5/5 Souveran and comes with some bonuses like regen, some double attack, +21 Resist all status (+30 against charm)

Waiting what you gonna say about it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-03-31 18:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that's a pretty well thought out set. And I'm not sure there's anything that could be changed without losing HP, etc.

Looks like it would push me over 3k HP on Elvaan PLD/BLU even at minimum unity rank.(3028) PDT capped. MDT high enough to cap easily with shell. DT is low, but I think that much like on RUN the meva is your protection against breath type attacks and so on.

I'm not generally a huge fan of Priwen, something of a blind spot for me, but that shield is what seems to make that set work, HP and PDT wise. And that meva. If the total meva is enough to net some good resists, then it may do well even compared to Aegis. Compared to Ochain it's definitely going to suffer in terms of block rate, but well, still beats just wearing Aegis.

+50 enmity +30 from crusade, for +80 total. so that would be -40% of 50% max CE loss reduction. Not capped but good.

So I think that's a set with good potential for tanking/idle. But what about when you're casting?

If you play anything like I do on PLD then you Spaaaam enmity spells constantly. Which is why my casting sets have evolved to be as close to as tough as my regular tank sets as I can. When fighting I probably spend as much time in my casting sets as in idle gear. In this case with the focus on meva, if you wanted to maintain that level of meva you'd pretty much need to use that as your enmity casting set as well. Or risk eating some of the aforementioned instant abilities(Mijin,charm) in your casting sets.

That said, this set actually wouldn't be terrible to cast in either. With +80 enmity with crusade, it still has a decent chunk of enmity. Just nowhere near PLD's max potential.

But if it keeps you from getting blown up by Mijin or Charmed by those damn BST NMs(fat lot of good your enmity did you there), and you can still keep hate(Work the dirge, BRDS!) I could see this being pretty cool in some cases.

The issue I see with casting though, is that I don't think there's any way to maintain all these stats, and add in SIRD, so casting could end up being difficult. Just at a glance, I don't think there's any way to cap SIRD without dropping a ton of meva in one of the primary slots.

If I had volte legs/feet I would want to try something like that set for Dynamis D NINs and BSTs. I've recently started doing Dynamis D again, and on PLD, no less! Already died to Mijin twice(one was one of those freak 99k dmg mijin) and got charmed once. <,<;

If I have good lucky in windy[D] in the near future maybe I'll be able to try it out. And here's to hoping some of the future unity augments contribute to improving this.
By SimonSes 2020-03-31 19:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I havent thought much about casting because I usually use PLD for boxing and mostly for single fights, so I can just pop many ja on start + some initial flash etc and will keep hate till the end anyway :P or I use MNK as single DPS and I have plenty of time between tp moves. That being said I dont have that set on my PLD too. Its just theorycrafting.

Its actually 711 meva not 726, I forgot I changed neck recently in this set to push it to ~3000HP. Still that amount of meva is more than 5/5 Malignance jobs use in hybrid sets. 5/5 Malignance is 674 meva and usually there is no more meva used in hybrid tp sets on those jobs (beside Eabani and Yamarang on some jobs). From my experience with using that much meva on those other jobs, I can say you will resist A LOT of things, but idk about wave 3 charm or mijin, because thats single target and I was never hit by that on DD job XD AoE mijin from NINs on wave 1 and 2 does like 200 damage tho with that amount of meva and mdb. Sometimes I wouldnt even notice NIN used Mijin, but I do, because I can see half of the ally without meva gear suddenly drop to red or die lol. Stuff like Interference from Omen bosses also does like 200 damage.
By zixxer 2020-03-31 21:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you play anything like I do on PLD then you Spaaaam enmity spells constantly. Which is why my casting sets have evolved to be as close to as tough as my regular tank sets as I can. When fighting I probably spend as much time in my casting sets as in idle gear. In this case with the focus on meva, if you wanted to maintain that level of meva you'd pretty much need to use that as your enmity casting set as well. Or risk eating some of the aforementioned instant abilities(Mijin,charm) in your casting sets.

The issue I see with casting though, is that I don't think there's any way to maintain all these stats, and add in SIRD, so casting could end up being difficult. Just at a glance, I don't think there's any way to cap SIRD without dropping a ton of meva in one of the primary slots.

This is pretty much me. I find that most endgame fights, I'm in my casting set 70% of the time, just spamming enmity spells.

Your FC set helped me optimize tremendously, thank you for that. (edit: saved me a ton of research)

Overall, I'm happy with my pld sets. Over 3k hp all of the time with all sets I need. I'm still hopefull that the regal gauntlets will drop for me, and I'll have more wiggle room. Hopefully future gear will have enough HP add on per gear to help with maximizing our potential sets.
By SimonSes 2020-03-31 21:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
Hopefully future gear will have enough HP add on per gear to help with maximizing our potential sets.

But then the standard will be 4k hp not 3k ;)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-01 00:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty much me. I find that most endgame fights, I'm in my casting set 70% of the time, just spamming enmity spells.

Your FC set helped me optimize tremendously, thank you for that. (edit: saved me a ton of research)

Overall, I'm happy with my pld sets. Over 3k hp all of the time with all sets I need. I'm still hopefull that the regal gauntlets will drop for me, and I'll have more wiggle room. Hopefully future gear will have enough HP add on per gear to help with maximizing our potential sets.
I'm glad my sets helped.

I really want better fastcast gear, especially with good HP. Maybe we can hope for a good piece in the chevalier's armet +2/3 when empy comes out? Current piece has 125 HP and +7% FC. just crank the FC up and it'd be a good piece. But it needs to match the +14 on carmine. Tall order.

On a slightly different note. Did dynamis windy tonight. On PLD again. No deaths! Although I think I might have only survived cause my RUN co-tank ate a nasty Mijin.

I felt like PLD's utility was much higher here than in the previous bastok run. Largely because of sweep's AoE dmg, and AoE sleeps. I had my WHM alt curaga my party, while I cure bombed other parties with AoE cures. Had a WHM casualty in one party and I main healed them for the rest of that NM. Was neat. Kudos to the RDM and BRD keeping my MP up through all that.

And a thing dropped.

3/5 now. Still need the feet and legs, and Sacro breastplate somewhat devaules the Haubert, but I'm still really pleased.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-04-01 13:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats again! I was super pumped to see you get it.

Edit: Wish there was a way for RDM to help when you're getting aspir'd by the mega boss like that at the end, haha.
By Felgarr 2020-04-01 13:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad my sets helped.

I really want better fastcast gear, especially with good HP. Maybe we can hope for a good piece in the chevalier's armet +2/3 when empy comes out? Current piece has 125 HP and +7% FC. just crank the FC up and it'd be a good piece. But it needs to match the +14 on carmine. Tall order.

On a slightly different note. Did dynamis windy tonight. On PLD again. No deaths! Although I think I might have only survived cause my RUN co-tank ate a nasty Mijin.

I felt like PLD's utility was much higher here than in the previous bastok run. Largely because of sweep's AoE dmg, and AoE sleeps. I had my WHM alt curaga my party, while I cure bombed other parties with AoE cures. Had a WHM casualty in one party and I main healed them for the rest of that NM. Was neat. Kudos to the RDM and BRD keeping my MP up through all that.

And a thing dropped.

3/5 now. Still need the feet and legs, and Sacro breastplate somewhat devaules the Haubert, but I'm still really pleased.

Congrats man, well deserved. I'm 4/5 on Volte, just missing the body. I have Sacro Breastplate and I wasn't able to keep DT sufficiently high for the amount of magic evasion it offers.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-01 13:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats again! I was super pumped to see you get it.

Edit: Wish there was a way for RDM to help when you're getting aspir'd by the mega boss like that at the end, haha.
Thanks!

The boss' Energy Steal is super obnoxious. My record for most MP stolen. 658. ;_;
Code
[22:04:27]Disjoined Tarutaru readies Energy Steal.
[22:04:27]Disjoined Tarutaru uses Energy Steal.658 MP drained from Martel.
I think Atonement was pretty helpful in this case. A non MP based fairly spammable enmity action. TP gain was great while the adds were up. lol.

I'm wondering if going with DD songs and trying to do Hybrid TP gear and Atonement spam might work better for that boss. With R15 Burt it might do alright.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-01 15:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point im fairly convinced PLD doesnt need flashga, the entire banish line of spells need more enmity. Banishga is really, really nice.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-04-01 15:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Flashga would be pretty nice for tagging only because sometimes groups get slept before they reach you and tagging with Banishga risks waking them all.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-01 15:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Flashga would be pretty nice for tagging only because sometimes groups get slept before they reach you and tagging with Banishga risks waking them all.

Yeah, but lets be real, aint gunna happen.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-04-01 16:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

Yeah, but lets be real, aint gunna happen.
Also you'd probably /blu anyway because cocoon so you'd still have the blu AoE hate spells.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-01 16:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

To make things worse, the 200 CE bonus the sleeper gets from being the first to act on the mob will be more than the enmity the PLD gets for casting Banishga on the mobs. So when the angry horde of mobs wakes up they will immediately murder the sleeper.

I mean, if SE wants to give Banishga the same enmity values as flash, I wouldn't complain. But I'd still want Flashga for the above issue.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-04-01 16:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

At least Poisonga from /DRK usually gets resisted in enmity gear, when tagging mobs as RUN/DRK and even PLD/DRK.
By SimonSes 2020-04-01 16:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

To make things worse, the 200 CE bonus the sleeper gets from being the first to act on the mob will be more than the enmity the PLD gets for casting Banishga on the mobs. So when the angry horde of mobs wakes up they will immediately murder the sleeper.

Wouldnt simply cure I the sleeper, then cheat Cure IV yourself be enough to both "tag" all the mobs and surpass enmity of sleeper?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-01 16:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Wouldnt simply cure I the sleeper, then cheat Cure IV yourself be enough to both "tag" all the mobs and surpass enmity of sleeper?
Yep. At which point Banishga has ceased to contribute at all.

And I was just commenting on one of Banishga's flaws as a tagging tool.
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 137 138 139