Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-02-05 11:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
I wondered how people get JP on pld, thanks for the post seems reasonable
Demersal Degen, a decent TP build, and Ochain allow you to function in a TP or Mana burn as a SC opener with Requiescat/swift blade for gravitation, CDC on distortion, Savage Blade for fragmentation, or Atonement for fusion. You will probably need Enlight and Sushi to her that 1100 acc and don't worry about WS sets or your damage.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-02-05 21:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also pulling for Reisen aoe pts. Once you have capped PDT and Carmine Cuisses +1 you can basically run around in circles and some combo of BST BLU SMN give you CP for it.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2019-02-05 23:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Slapped this together:

ItemSet 351749
1254 acc with enlight2

What's the best WS swap for Savage Blade?

Requiescat?
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2019-02-06 08:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SIRD set is not incredibly important, its incredibly lazy. I have tanked every mob in the game with the exception of wave3 and don't have a sird set. I tank 4-6 mobs at a time and still dont get interrupted. I would actually recommend a new pld learn how to time their casts. The rest of the road plan is alright.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-02-06 08:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
SIRD set is not incredibly important, its incredibly lazy. I have tanked every mob in the game with the exception of wave3 and don't have a sird set. I tank 4-6 mobs at a time and still dont get interrupted. I would actually recommend a new pld learn how to time their casts. The rest of the road plan is alright.

How is making a set that helps you avoid getting interrupted lazy? This is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. You should still be timing your spells correctly no matter what, but it would be stupid not to make a SIRD set. It can only help you, so why wouldn't you want to make the best possible set for avoiding interrupts?

Seems like you're only saying this because you're too... lazy, to make a SIRD set yourself.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-02-06 14:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether spells are correctly timed or not, the set should still exist in a PLD’s lua as a toggle. Unless all mobs aggro at the same time, there may still be interrupts, simply toggle midcast to SIRD.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2019-02-06 15:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not necessary. Telling someone it's step 2 as necessary when it's clearly not necessary is a disservice. I have never once needed it.. never. If you guys need it, maybe you need to check that skill level. Also a guy/girl who is too lazy to make Burtgang telling me I'm lazy is probably the funniest thing I'll read this week. I call it lazy because using gear to skirt around playing properly is lazy.

The only feasible situation where you NEED a SIRD set is if the whole group wipes but the PLD.. and even then you might get lucky. I decided this doesn't happen enough for me to warrant making one.

If you want to make one, it may be useful sometimes, but getting it before an Aegis.. ?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-02-06 17:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My Paladin advice is terrible and you shouldn't listen to it.

Takes maybe an hour to get capped SIRD, my God. Yes, you should have it before Aegis. How is this even a *** argument?
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-02-06 18:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

... what are you on about? Without capped SIRD you WILL eventually get interrupted at the worst time. It's an extremely important set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-02-06 18:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Burtgang is not essential for a PLD. Hell, I didn't afterglow it until this year and what a waste that was.

Situations where SIRD is vital also includes cleaving. Omen pulls, Dynamis pulls, certain Ambuscade battles, and anything else I'd rather not risk being interrupted.

It's a very basic gear set and using a toggle lets you switch between them at your discretion.

I personally saw Commencal do it in the area that him and Kain are talking about. For hours without a single hiccup. In fact, a few of us were leeching so at best he had a single trust out.

No one took videos, because if you've ever seen it.. and then went and got a decent dt/pdt reduction set.. a malevolence and an Aeolian edge set.. you know it's a joke. Being the backup to Comm's PLD in our old linkshell, I procured an average Aeolian edge set and could go down there right now and do it with very little difficulty.

This is easy peasy stuff, man, not like trying to prove you banged a supermodel.. video not needed.

Even for Adoulin Gates cleaving, I would be interrupted while wearing Ochain with Reprisal up. If Sentinel and Palisade were on recast, I absolutely had to use SIRD to keep Phalanx on.

Later on I finished PLD job points by cleaving Apex crabs and pugils. SIRD had to be used there too.
By soralin 2019-02-06 20:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You absolutely need to have a SIRD set if you follow my steps I laid out, as a step was to solo cleave for JP, which is a very consistent way to farm JP on downtime when you cant find a party.

And if you try and cleave JP without a SIRD set, you gonna die lol.

Anyways, Ill ask here again: Does anyone at all have a copy of the PLD Dps Spreadsheet?

Also: Since you folks talking about cleaving on pld vids, Kain has had one up forever.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2019-02-06 21:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Necessary and useful are not the same thing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-02-06 21:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never once needed it.. never.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52634/sird-set-question-and-gearswap/

I noticed that I have a use for a SIRD set and want to implement it.

I don't have a spreadsheet for PLD deeps, will post here if one's found.
[+]
 Shiva.Talryn
Server: Shiva
user: Talryn
By Shiva.Talryn 2019-02-06 22:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I look forward to the day when someone says PLD doesn't need a Holy set and we can all agree. Except for you. You know who you are.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By soralin 2019-02-06 23:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean.

I kind of have a holy set by proxy, as my Aeolian Edge set is also an amazing nuking set.

I drop I think almost 9K Holy IIs Magic Bursted on VD AA Galka.

But I didn't go out of my way to make that set, Aeolian Cleaving birthed that.

But seriously, Popping off fat Holy IIs magic bursted off solo Light SCs is very rewarding and is a decent DPS boost when soloing. I highly recommend it. Especially on any fights vs monsters strong to physical and weak to nuking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2019-02-07 08:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
I have never once needed it.. never.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52634/sird-set-question-and-gearswap/

I noticed that I have a use for a SIRD set and want to implement it.

I never made it. I asked questions about it. My usage was if the whole party wiped and I needed to raise a whm. Which I already mentioned. Then I saw that it required Moonbeam neck and I was not interested in spending like 30m for a set I would use very occasionally. Commencal, your detective skills are lacking, and your smugness has not gone unnoticed. If you have an issue with me, maybe you should PM me and talk to me man-to-man, instead of trying to be internet cool guy. When you bounced on us I thought it was because you were afraid of confrontation, maybe you just wanted an audience?

My biggest take-away from my comment is I'm actually really surprised all of you guys have been leaning on a SIRD set. Last night I was in awe at people getting mad at me for saying something was lazy.. but I've never had one and I've still accomplished all of those things that you guys have. By the time the above discussion (the snippet that Comm posted) even took place I had already built multiple aeonics, completed 100% of omen, delve, vagary, incursion, unity, ambuscade, and even Dyna D.. the only things I hadn't done on PLD were like the new PW and Dyna wave3(and things like Vinipata that we use PUP for,etc). I completed all of that with little difficulty and no SIRD set. Also, we're talking pre-SMN burn.. so those geas fete t4 reis NMs I tanked were the 20-30 min versions of the fight.

With that in mind, we're talking about necessity.. and since I have done all of these things without a SIRD set, it is clearly not a necessity. You can argue if you want, but it's literally been proven.

Now if cleaving on PLD is what you're here for:
A. You're doing it wrong because Apex parties.
B. A SIRD set is very useful. I have done some cleaving without it and it can be difficult. The only time I would concede that it's necessary... also literally the least important thing your PLD needs to be able to do.

And finally, people say Burtgang isn't necessary and SIRD set is.. but Burtgang is way more useful to PLD than SIRD is in every situation. Also, same people saying don't need Burtgang will tell you that you need Epeoletry. Enmity 23% and DTII+ 18.. that's not a joke. Go tank Schah or Albumen without Burtgang, probably possible, not something I'd really want to try though. Burtgang is useful for every thing you tank in the game, SIRD is very situational and not even 100% needed.. just makes some things a little easier.

A SIRD set is useful, not necessary. If you want to make one, it will definitely help you. It's definitely not step 2 on the list of becoming a PLD either. Sorry for calling people lazy, I was ignorant to the fact that many of you had made it a staple of play.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-02-07 08:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SIRD like any sets other than turtle mode is not really necessary.

Including, fast cast, enmity, DD, nuke, hybrid, phalanx, cure pot...etc.

However, it sure makes stuff a whole lot easier to manage.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-02-07 09:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an issue with your terrible advice, as do the others who posted. Stop putting yourself on a pedestal.

Maybe we’ll see your point of view when our skill level matches the greatness of your PLD. Until then, we will agree to disagree.

Nice attempt of making it personal. If I had a problem with you specifically, I’d have left eons earlier and you would know why. I thrive under confrontation and it’s part of my everyday job description.
By Taint 2019-02-07 09:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a SIRD set and toggle, can't say I've ever used it....I don't/won't cleave on PLD so maybe thats why.

Lots of gear overlap so no reason not to have one, but I wouldn't call it critical.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2019-02-07 10:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not putting myself on a pedestal, I am genuinely shocked at the reaction. This is something that people just started talking about a few months ago and now it's become canon. I had no idea.

If you don't want to get personal, maybe don't mock people. Maybe you don't like what I'm saying, but it's not wrong either. It makes me question whether it's personal or not.
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2019-02-07 13:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of yall arguing at each other, how about you help me.

Slapped this together:

ItemSet 351749
1254 acc with enlight2

Requiescat?
By Monko 2019-02-07 13:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jugsofholyness said: »

Slapped this together:

ItemSet 351749
1254 acc with enlight2

Requiescat?

Do you mean what WS to use instead of Savage (take it it's not unlocked?) Then I'd use CDC or Vorpal Blade.
[+]
By Taint 2019-02-07 13:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 351748
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-02-07 13:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That a WS set or a HP cure cheat!!! hahaah, this is the problem with PLD everytime you build a useful set you go from 3200hp to 1900hp
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-07 14:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if i underatand discussion at this point, but SIRD set is critical if you use /blu and /blu is the best for tanking more than one target and that happens a lot recently (ambuscade for example). So unless you want to tank only single target on your pld, you need sird set.
[+]
By Taint 2019-02-07 14:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
That a WS set or a HP cure cheat!!! hahaah, this is the problem with PLD everytime you build a useful set you go from 3200hp to 1900hp

Exactly, thats why PLD WS questions are annoying you need lots of them.

I actually use a HP toggle on PLD and RUN, that keep all my actions right at 3k including WSs.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2019-02-07 14:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jugsofholyness said: »

Slapped this together:

ItemSet 351749
1254 acc with enlight2

Requiescat?

Jugs - Savage Blade is arguably the best WS for PLD. If you don't have it, get Ayame Trust out and get those WS points. In the meantime, CDC is probably second best. You will also have to do some things to get that WS though.. Savage Blade is pretty much free, CDC will cost you a buck. Vorpal Blade is probably third best WS.

Requiescat is pretty much only good for things like Caturae when they put up shield.. but most PLDs probably wont break the shield with one Requiescat. Also, if you are using Sequence and need to activate the Aftermath effect.

Best Magic WS.. is interesting.. Red Lotus Blade and Seraph Blade are kind of your options. So I would use whichever is better based on the affinity of your enemy. Really though, I wouldn't use either unless you're doing Omen procs or Abyssea reds. Requiescat is maybe in here, it's average too. I don't know if Sanguine Blade counts in this category.. but if it does, I would use that. Again, limited usage though. I remember people using Spirits Within in old school abyssea but I forget the condition it was useful for.

Basically you want to use Savage Blade, CDC, and if you have to Vorpal Blade.
By Taint 2019-02-07 14:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

KoR at 1000tp is potent esp at r15.
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 137 138 139