Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 136 137 138
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-05 05:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Reece, if you are really on Fenrir, find me later. I can show you some sets and talk you through my choices. Then you can make your own choices and sets to meet your needs.

I'm generally AFK or online but bored, always sitting on a green couch in Port Jeuno, right by the guide stone. :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-04-05 08:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Reece said: »
Could anyone post up a list of their sets for PLD, just starting to it play for the first time and I can't find any updated info on what sets to use.

Because you haven't bothered actually looking. Just go back a handful of pages and start reading.
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2018-04-05 08:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
I will definitely shout you at some point and check some out, I am on Fenrir.
 Asura.Akivatoo
Server: Asura
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2018-04-05 10:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Reece said: »
I can't find any updated info on what sets to use.
the first page was update one day ago, you can find all the information you are looking for on it ^^;
download the PLD.Lua files to see advanced set
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-05 14:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Newzarb said: »
So how do you guys plan to upgrade capes ? We have a lot of viable options there :

- -DT can open another slot to different options
- Magic evasion and hope for more resists
- Parry / counter to block more melee hits
- Block rate to help when using Aegis (which is most of the time)
- Status aliments resistance
The issue with this idea is the way block+ factors in to the block formulas.

Block+ is factored before the floor. Example.

Say you're fighting a super high level NM, and the block formula puts your block rate at -10%, then the floor is applied, and block rate is set to 5%.

So, again but with +5 block. Take that initially calculated -10% block rate, then add the +5%. Now at -5% block rate. Apply floor. 5% blockrate. In this case the block+5 did absolutely nothing.

Now. this is only a problem if your pre-floor blockrate is lower than 5%.. but, well. Aegis. No ilvl skill...

Based on some prior tests and some math, I think that with 440 skill Aegis block rate should floor at about level 132 mobs. Anything lower than that and you'd be getting the full benefit of the Block+, but anything higher will start shaving away the benefits.

This isn't to say that block+ is worthless, but you may situationally see diminished or no returns from it with Aegis, depending on the mob level and how much total shield skill and block+ you have.

Regarding the Parry+. If that's like Inquartata in terms of mechanics(Added after the floor) then it's quite nice. But if it's not and it works like Block+ does... then that's going to be under the floor on pretty much everything. Needs to be tested. Also, unlike shield blocks parrying requires that we be engaged and potentially feeding TP. Not always a problem, but the parry+ is situational in this sense.
[+]
 Bahamut.Newzarb
Server: Bahamut
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2018-04-05 15:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thanks for the quick maths Martel I forgot about block rate able to go under 0 !

Personally I'm considering either Magic evasion or status aliments resistance.
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2018-04-06 10:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Newzarb said: »
Oh thanks for the quick maths Martel I forgot about block rate able to go under 0 !

Personally I'm considering either Magic evasion or status aliments resistance.
i think in the same way but didn't know what choose
By Hokuten85 2018-04-13 09:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Any consensus on the cape augments? I've only been back to the game for a few months and I've not yet hit the newer endgame activities so I have no sense of what I'll need on the cape.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-04-22 20:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So my pld works for w/e pld is used for. That being said, who has some good resists sets with dt being capped still? Am curious if its helped any noticeable amount in any specific fights. Thanks please post them if ya have them.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-04-24 16:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow PLD, gotta a question on PLD.lua, and is how do I incorporate a SIRD set for casting spells, is that part of the fascast pre or midcast sets or is an entirely new rule, any idea or example how I go about it, like how would it look in a Lua, any help is appreciated I have the gear needed, just not very savvy when it comes to make rules for GS, thanks in advance.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-24 16:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Hello fellow PLD, gotta a question on PLD.lua, and is how do I incorporate a SIRD set for casting spells, is that part of the fascast pre or midcast sets or is an entirely new rule, any idea or example how I go about it, like how would it look in a Lua, any help is appreciated I have the gear needed, just not very savvy when it comes to make rules for GS, thanks in advance.

You'll want it in your midcast set.

My job_setup() has
Code
	blue_magic_maps = {}

blue_magic_maps.Enmity = S{
        'Blank Gaze', 'Geist Wall', 'Jettatura', 'Soporific', 'Poison Breath', 'Blitzstrahl',
		'Sheep Song', 'Chaotic Eye'
    }
	blue_magic_maps.Cure = S{
        'Wild Carrot', 'Healing Breeze'
    }
	blue_magic_maps.Buff = S{
		'Cocoon', 'Refueling'
	}

midcast sets with
Code
	sets.midcast['Blue Magic'] = {}

sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Enmity = sets.midcast.Enmity
	sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Enmity.SIRD = set_combine(
        sets.midcast.Enmity,{
        head="Souveran Schaller", --15%
        legs="Carmine Cuisses +1", --20%
        feet="Eschite Greaves", --15%
        ammo="Staunch tathlum +1", --10%
        hands="Eschite Gauntlets", --15%
        ear2="Knightly Earring", --9%
        waist="Rumination Sash", --10%
        neck="Moonlight necklace", --15%
        }
    ) --99--

and
Code
function job_get_spell_map(spell, default_spell_map)
    if spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
        for category,spell_list in pairs(blue_magic_maps) do
            if spell_list:contains(spell.english) then
                return category
            end
        end
    end
end

tells it what to equip for which spell.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-04-24 18:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think sird needs 103 or 104 to cap, can use merits also
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-04-24 19:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

102% according to BG Wiki.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Spell_Interruption_Rate
By cuddlyhamster 2018-04-26 18:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

random question about Cover.
For relic body's physical damage to MP during cover, does the ability just have to be up and body equipped? or does the actual job ability effects of convering the target player need to happen to get the additional effects of cover equipment bonuses to work?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-26 19:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

cuddlyhamster said: »
For relic body's physical damage to MP during cover, does the ability just have to be up and body equipped? or does the actual job ability effects of convering the target player need to happen to get the additional effects of cover equipment bonuses to work?
Only hits redirected from the coveree to the PLD will convert MP.
By cuddlyhamster 2018-04-26 21:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
cuddlyhamster said: »
Only hits redirected from the coveree to the PLD will convert MP.
bleh. ok thanks

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-05-11 06:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if anybody knows if the Dispel effect from relic hands is improved from +2 to +3, does it dispel more things at +3?
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2018-05-16 20:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So for these "Take now or wait another day for better" events...

Is it better to wait a few days between takes or grab it every day to maximize my chance of Gold Moogle Belt.

Also: Just confirming this belt is indeed the 'best in slot' turtle belt for paladin still?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-16 22:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno in regards to your first question. But in regards to the last, I don't think it was ever the best turtle up belt. But I'm not crazy about the massive HP stacking that some paladins favor. That and I quite like some of the other options available. PDT, magic eva+ etc.

HP stacking only helps you up to the point that every set you regularly swap into maintains that level of HP+. Or else you're HP is constantly doing the yoyo every action.

Now, just not swapping is an option, but I hate that idea. My compromise it to try to balance HP in critical sets to maintain high, but not extreme levels of HP+. In that regard the gold moogle belt is very useful. Particularly for say, a fast cast set, where we don't have a fast cast belt, so there no sacrifice of casting time to gain that HP+. (Although there is an enhancing magic casting time belt....

Anyway, that's just how I see it. It's a useful belt, but I don't think I'd put it in my turtle set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2018-05-16 22:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for full Turtle you should already have DT capped without belt as far as I am aware?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-20 23:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

While I love answering PLD related questions, and shield mechanics are a particular favorite of mine... I'm having a great deal of trouble discerning what it is you actually want to know.

Aegis, the block rate floor and its interactions with Block+ gear, yes. I'm getting that much. But I'm not really clear on what it is about those you either don't understand or disagree with.

I'm about to head to bed, so I probably won't be able to reply again tonight, but I'll try to check on this thread early tomorrow.

I'd suggest breaking things down into a series of short succinct questions.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Heeroyuy
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2018-05-21 00:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rufuso said: »
For a long time i have been wielding aegis with 0 blocking gears but shield skill only,partially because of your testing & what others told me, so that is litterally my question, does blocking gears hurt aegis hidden effect of mitigating severe dmgs, or can i freely use blocking gears without having it hurt my damages mitigation hidden effect from the relic shield.In other words,if shield skill cover the base floor of 5% does chance of successfull block gears allow aegis to block more often versus a higher lvl monster? & if that is a yes does it interfere with hidden effect? Like double attack or multi hits weapons interfere with a mythic weapon aftermath 3?

Your basically floored on block rate on anything that matters. You're not gonna wanna sacrifice hp/dt for the sake of blocks, else you risk eating dirt. The damage reduction is not a hidden effect, it's just the amount of physical damage a size 5 should reduces when blocking an attack/physical tp move. In that instance Ochain would be the better choice if the target doesn't favor magic heavy attacks, as it'll have a better block rate than aegis.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2018-05-27 09:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey!!!

got a question here ~
Can i use Stikini Ring +1 for Enligth II | Phalanx ?

i mean it give more potency or nah. . .
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-27 11:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It does add to the correct skills, but whether it will increase the potency or not depends on if the skill+ is breaking into a new tier or not.
By Habermas 2018-06-04 05:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for advice on afterglowing Burtgang.

First off: I use PLD solely for group-play (i.e. I never solo on it). In these settings i rarely -if ever- melee or even have sword drawn. As such the higher damage, parry- and swordskill from making Burtgang III wont really benefit me, and I will never have AG active. Afterglowing Burtgang for a few extra enmity seems a rather steep cost.
I'm curious if 1) I'm missing some benefits of AG'ing and 2) if sticking with the 119 non-AG myhtic is indeed a viable option like it seems to me.
I would be interested in the opionions of both AG and non-AG owners!
Thank you in advance.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 136 137 138