~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 137 138 139
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-01 20:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, this was best I could come up with, not considering things like maintaining max HP.
ItemSet 345082

34% + 6% DT (Souv bonus)
9-14% PDT (Assuming 4% on head, possibly 4% on hands, and 5-6% on ring)
10-11% MDT (Assuming 5-6% on ring)
108% Spell Interruption (6% over cap)

None of that assumes augment on Greaves, so that could be up to 4% PDT, 4% MDT, or 3% DT (I think).

halasz earring can be used instead of Magnetic and still cap Spell Interruption. Other items to consider based on augments/shield/vorseal and whether you care about MDT are gelatinous ring +1 and xucau mantle, or Vocane ring if you have it.

Edit: Didn't realize that Staunch had spell interruption.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-08-01 20:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Staunch's spell interrupt is named differently so it doesn't come up if you search "Spell interrupt". I only knew to look it cause I knew it had it.
[+]
By Verda 2016-08-02 17:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you both for the work and set :) It looks great.
 Lakshmi.Cadant
Server: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2016-08-09 10:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How up to date is the gear guide on the first page? Looking at gearing PLD possibly and wanted to know what to shoot for
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-08-09 10:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i keep the tanking equip up to date,
for DD's and WS i'm not sure what is better (i don't really dd's as pld)

maybe my Gearswap can help you also :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Keeo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Keeo 2016-09-08 03:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Morning guys , What augments people been putting on the ambuscade JSE cape?

ItemSet 346048
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-09-08 05:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Keeo said: »

- HP +60, eva/Meva +20, fastcast +10%
so you don't lose too many HP when casting spells + nice for reprisal
- DEX +20, acc/att +20, critrate +10%
CDC
- STR +20, acc/att +20, WSDMG +10%
Savage Blade/Atonement
- DEX +20, acc/att +20, Store TP or DA +10
TP

could also make holy-nuke, enmity+ or requiescat-capes.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-08 06:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 346048

Presently Skjalf has the following augments on PLD capes:

VIT+20 Accuracy+20 Attack+20 "Store TP"+10 Mag. Evasion+10

MND+30 Mag. Acc.+20 Mag Dmg.+20 "Mag. Atk. Bns."+10

MND+20 "Fast Cast"+10 Eva./Mag. Eva.+20

DEX+20 Accuracy+30 Attack+20 Crit. hit rate +10%

HP+60 Eva.+20/Mag. Eva.+20 Enmity+10

Additionally, have 1 needle and 9 dyes presently. Debating on what to adjust / add.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-09-08 06:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brocovich said: »

- HP +60, eva/Meva +20, fastcast +10%
so you don't lose too many HP when casting spells + nice for reprisal
- DEX +20, acc/att +20, critrate +10%
CDC
- STR +20, acc/att +20, WSDMG +10%
Savage Blade/Atonement
- DEX +20, acc/att +20, Store TP or DA +10
TP

could also make holy-nuke, enmity- or requiescat-capes.
Don't forget VIT+20 Eva+20 Meva+30 Enmity+10 for tanking (y'know. The thing this job is for.).
(The dye used for Meva is better than more VIT as PLD has enough VIT and DEF, but magic and enfeebles are always the weakpoint.)

EDIT: and VIT over HP as that can then be used to trigger various VIT based effects.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-08 06:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brocovich said: »
enmity-

Noooo, don't do it~! (^o^)
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-08 06:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Putting Mag. Evasion+10 and not putting Eva./Mag. Eva.+20 lets you block more for TP building and recovering MP.
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-09-08 07:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Don't forget VIT+20 Eva+20 Meva+30 Enmity+10 for tanking (y'know. The thing this job is for.).
(The dye used for Meva is better than more VIT as PLD has enough VIT and DEF, but magic and enfeebles are always the weakpoint.)

EDIT: and VIT over HP as that can then be used to trigger various VIT based effects.

I totally agree with magic evasion but i have still no idea why so many PLDs use VIT over HP. More maxHP means you lose less enmity when getting hit and they are good for physical, magical and breath dmg, where 20 VIT only helps against physical by giving 30 def.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-08 08:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

One problem I have, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, is that I lose like 1k HP when I ws, and several several hundred for FCs swap. I actually have an HP set and rules for certain NMs where I don't want to dip very far in HP.

Trusts hit me with Cure 4 - 6 with nearly ever action I take. I don't wanna nerf my ws sets because the accuracy (for ws!) is obviously important and PLD can put out some nice damage. Your difference may be small, but it can be the difference. Atonement doesn't need to swap at all, but Requiescat, CDC, and Savage certainly do. If you're trying to use those 3 in Souveran gear (for hard things!), you may as well not even WS.

I considered INT+20 (could double dip for sanguine) or VIT+20 (double dip for Rampart) on my Fast Cast cape but went ahead and made HP+60/M.Eva+20/FC+10 and likewise for my enmity cape. One of those two is used in every spell and the enmity cape is used for every ability.

I would love to see a mathy person's opinion, like Martel's, on VIT in the modern game.
- +40 for Rampart is a thing.
- I'd imagine we're capping Cover's VIT-check for all the times we're not using it.
- Its effect on waltz and also /waltz potency doesn't have a real impact in game.

--

One thing I think I'm gonna start doing is using Odnowa's earrings in my ability enmity set and maybe fast cast on spells.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-08 10:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't use both earrings... :3

What about this?
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2016-09-08 11:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a returning player after about 2 years break. My old main job is Mnk but obviously SE hates the job so it's stewing on the back burner.

Recently, I realized that I have collected about 1/3 of the colorless souls and iron plates required for ochain. I also have enough for another relic - but not enough for the 269 skill upgrade. I am thinking of leveling Pld and prepping the gear for it. I mostly solo or dual box. Here are what I am trying to gather:

Sulevia set
Defending Ring
Aegis (99)
Ochain (90)
Priwen (if I have spare cash)
Reforge Relic Body
JSE cape with DT-

That should at least put me somewhere near use-able. I am wondering what else I am missing to put my pld to somewhere functional in most solo/duo and probably some group fights if the situation ask for it.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-08 12:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
I am a returning player after about 2 years break. My old main job is Mnk but obviously SE hates the job so it's stewing on the back burner.

Recently, I realized that I have collected about 1/3 of the colorless souls and iron plates required for ochain. I also have enough for another relic - but not enough for the 269 skill upgrade. I am thinking of leveling Pld and prepping the gear for it. I mostly solo or dual box. Here are what I am trying to gather:

Sulevia set
Defending Ring
Aegis (99)
Ochain (90)
Priwen (if I have spare cash)
Reforge Relic Body
JSE cape with DT-

That should at least put me somewhere near use-able. I am wondering what else I am missing to put my pld to somewhere functional in most solo/duo and probably some group fights if the situation ask for it.

Lots of Ambuscade capes ^^
and a lot more~
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-09-08 13:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

welcome back,

-first advice spam ambuscade for get sulevia set and JSE cape
-don't waste u'r time with ochain
-spam KB for get u'r Dring ;)

Have fun in the game
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-08 13:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Wouldn't use both earrings... :3

Yes, typo, I actually meant to type both Odnowas rather than Odnowa's.

MP really isn't usually an issue for me (/blu hurts). HP defecits from swaps aren't *really* either, but if I can cooldown the cures healers need to use, even better especially trusts.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2016-09-08 14:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
welcome back,

-first advice spam ambuscade for get sulevia set and JSE cape
-don't waste u'r time with ochain
-spam KB for get u'r Dring ;)

Have fun in the game

I think I am at 0/40 on D Ring but I will spam some more as soon as cheap meat are being sold again.

I have 3 pieces of Sulevia+1 and only missing the body and legs now.

If Ochain isn't really needed then should I get Priwen or just start buying currencies for Aegis and use it as my only shield?

Lastly JSE capes, I figured that I would only have about 48~49 DT with The Aoduin Cape. That means I might have to full-time the cape. So I think I will start with the Acc/Atk/WSD cape then probably the Macc/Mdmg/FastCast cape?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-09-08 15:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether Ochain is worth it to you would depend on the content and your set up. Will you generally have capped magic haste in your party to keep Reprisal up full time? Do you plan on only using PLD against lower-level monsters (level 130 or lower is the point at which Priwen with Reprisal will out-block Ochain without Reprisal)? Then Priwen works fine.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2016-09-08 17:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposed if I get Ochain. Should I sink in the gil to upgrade it or it is okay to leave it at lv90? Currently, Ochain (90) isn't really hard to get, just need a lot of spamming NMs.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-08 17:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You leave it at 90 unless you're an eccentric gillionare.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-09-10 01:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Supposed if I get Ochain. Should I sink in the gil to upgrade it or it is okay to leave it at lv90? Currently, Ochain (90) isn't really hard to get, just need a lot of spamming NMs.

Don't finish him, start Aegis ASAP,then do Burtgang.

D.ring > Aegis > burtgang

keep in mind lower-level monsters isn't an problem with Aegis too.
(with good hp_set for reprisal and caped haste you can stay fulltime on reprisal.)
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-11 15:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It is too bad that there is not more Evasion reduction gear for PLD these days. It is also a shame that there is not a medicine that grants evasion down status. Thinking about this from a Shield Mastery / TP-gain standpoint of course. Gear-wise there are next to no options as the sacrifice of other more beneficial stats if not worth the trade off. The high Evasion of item level gear might not be optimum for some situations.

There are these:

...but [anything else] isn't really worth it.

Perhaps repeated tries of Field Parchment NM augmenting a Merman's Earring might yield something -_-;

Does anyone know which foods reduce Evasion?
 Ragnarok.Aramakii
user: Relapse13
By Ragnarok.Aramakii 2016-09-11 15:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really see any point for what you're trying to accomplish. But if you're absolutely set on trying this out, there's
this
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-11 15:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Aramakii said: »
I don't really see any point for what you're trying to accomplish. But if you're absolutely set on trying this out, there's
this

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Thinking about this from a Shield Mastery / TP-gain standpoint of course.

Thank you.
Wonder if there are any food with only evasion reduction or less penalties on other stats.
By Chyula 2016-09-11 16:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »

Don't finish him, start Aegis ASAP,then do Burtgang.

Rune:D.ring > Aegis > burtgang (Order fixed)

keep in mind lower-level monsters isn't an problem with Aegis too.
(with good hp_set for reprisal and caped haste you can stay fulltime on reprisal.)
By andy1110 2016-10-06 20:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So where do you put the spell interrupt rate set? I assume it's in the Midcast stage?
By Nocki 2016-10-06 22:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

andy1110 said: »
in the Midcast stage
By Yeno7 2016-10-06 23:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ochain is still best and better than Priwen, by the fact that Ochain can get you MP back faster and you will block most of the time, if not 100% of the time, I my self Tanked a lot of stuff (Including Vagary NM's) and some T3 from Escha Ru Aun, when I got Aegis, everything became easier (specially Magical NM's) but I would never trade Ochain for Priwen. Most NM's you can tank easy with Aegis some (which im testing) do a macro to swap shield since sometimes feeding tp to NM is bad (or cant even hit so TP is useless at some point, from my experience of course.DOnt know about anyone else) but swaping between Aegis and Ochain Might be useful o_O
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 137 138 139