First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 137 138 139
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-09 19:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For first PLD cape Skjalf decided on these augmented:

CdC one next time. :3
By Blazed1979 2016-04-10 15:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

does VIT actually do anything now? I must have missed some update where VIT gave something other than chackra ++
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-10 15:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Rampart, yo.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-04-10 16:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
For first PLD cape Skjalf decided on these augmented:

CdC one next time. :3
i do the same
By RolandJ 2016-04-10 20:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'll put HP+60 on my fast cast mantle to help mitigate how hard my FC set drops my HP pool
[+]
By Ricon 2016-04-11 09:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I could have missed the discussion but have we made a decision on the usefulness of Sulevia's +1?

I see it being strong as a turtle set just because of the acc, capping DT and falling somewhere around 1100 Acc with capped haste from the now super overpriced Tempus Fugit.

Obviously we have no issues capping DT or haste/acc but I do like this armor.

Just looking for some opinions.

Edit pesky letters.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-04-11 10:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ricon said: »
Sulevia's +
pretty good set, but take care about the haste with it (need very good haste belt)
By Boshi 2016-04-11 10:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

mrpresident said: »
Acc/Att+20, WS Dmg+10, and then Str/Dex/Mnd for Savg./CDC/Req. seem like the obvious setups, but not sure which one would give the biggest gains compared to what is available already. Anyone with an updated DPS spread care to run some numbers for me? For those 3 Ws I'm currently using the 3 back pieces listed on the main page of this thread.
Cdc would be dex att/acc crit
Savage str att/acc wsd
Req mnd att/acc da

Also, Skjalf's cape is terrible.
[+]
By Ricon 2016-04-11 10:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
Ricon said: »
Sulevia's +
pretty good set, but take care about the haste with it (need very good haste belt)

I'm using Tempus Fugit and a grounded mantle +1 to cover haste when I use it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-04-11 11:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing how the price of Tempus Fugit went through the roof, I looked for a great Turtle Hybrid that wont break the bank. This is a very affordable set that will be impressive in endgame. Hit rate should actually be decent up into i129s with sushi, ballparking at 80% just from some quick eye math.. 26% haste, solid dt/defense. If you have D Ring, you can obviously swap out a piece for a pure accuracy or multi-hit/stp piece elsewhere.

If you are willing to put the time in to collect it, this is a set good enough to do t3 in Reis and wont put you into a foreclosure at the moghouse.

ItemSet 343086
By Ricon 2016-04-11 11:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 343088

Decent acc, capped DT, capped haste.
[+]
By Zubis 2016-04-15 17:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't played PLD in a bit. My current sword is Claidheamh Soluis. Is there anything better than that which is relatively easy to get?

I won't be doing SR/Escha/Reisen NMs.
 Odin.Zadora
Server: Odin
user: Zad
By Odin.Zadora 2016-04-15 17:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
Haven't played PLD in a bit. My current sword is Claidheamh Soluis. Is there anything better than that which is relatively easy to get?

So what are you going to be doing?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-15 17:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Flyssa is the only other thing I can think of.
By Zubis 2016-04-16 17:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zadora said: »
Zubis said: »

So what are you going to be doing?

It's not my main job but I like to keep it relatively up to date in case a party is stuck for a tank on lighter content.

I actually got lucky and got a Nixxer earlier.
What's the best augment path?
By Arcto 2016-04-17 11:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone end up making Srivasta yet?
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-04-17 12:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There are at least two that I know of.

Looking at the page, there are three now on Bahamut.
By Arcto 2016-04-17 14:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah was wondering if any further testing was done for it. Would be nice if there was a niche for it but after reading Martel's data... Nope.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-04-17 18:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a niche for it. It blocks physical damage higher than any other shield, almost to 100% meaning a block with Sirvasta nearly nullifies physical damage. I assume there are still plenty of tests to run to make sure it's working like we think, but what I took from Martel's data that we now have three choices, Aegis for magic, Sirvasta for physical, and Ochain for block rate.

Looking through Martel's data again, with enough block rate Ochain isn't even needed anymore, even with reprisal down it has a monstrous block rate that can cap with it up, on top of blocking more damage than it, but there in lies the issue, getting enough skill or chance to block to bring it up to that level.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2016-04-21 11:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll need 30 block rate + with Reprisal up, and 40 block rate + with Reprisal down to cap block rate with Sirvasta. With the ability to get 9-10 block rate on individual pieces of gear, neither of these numbers are hard to achieve.
 Siren.Flannelman
By Siren.Flannelman 2016-04-21 12:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard? No. Not if you have tons of gil to blow on Dark Matter augments.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2016-04-22 11:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't played in a long time, I assumed everyone was walking around with 2 trillion gil and 20 mythics/relics/empryeans/whatevers.
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-04-22 11:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume there are only a few that have that much gil. I know someone on Fenrir should have several billion, maybe tens of billions.

Dark Matter was around 100k before it was found to augment reisen armor. If it had stayed that price it may have been possible.
By Blazed1979 2016-04-26 05:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Burtgang trials:
PLEASE save me from this hell! Does anyone have a strategy for zipping through "Atonement killing blow" trials?
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2016-04-26 06:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Burtgang trials:
PLEASE save me from this hell! Does anyone have a strategy for zipping through "Atonement killing blow" trials?

All I can suggest due to the nature of Atonement is to try and get people with the weaponskill to help get you credit for kills.

Also, the only gear that will help with damage is gear with "weaponskill dmg+"

Sadly, you're limited to generating enmity by performing job abilities for the modifier as enmity from equipment won't work.

I'm not up to date on current PLD equipment but NNI body and/or augmented Skirmish equipment can get weaponskill damage.

Try to not use haste 2 either as you will most likely time killshot incorrectly.

It is in my opinion one of the worst magian trials to undertake. Used Razed Ruins and Sea Daughter Atma to gather TP greater if you decide to do trials in Abyssea.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-04-26 07:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Burtgang trials:

May I plug my blog to help answer this question?

I just recently did this and wrote about how I went through each trial in detail. Maybe you will find some good tips in it.

The relevant posts direct links are below.

Burtgang

Save all the mobs!

The Aftermath
By Blazed1979 2016-04-26 07:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
Burtgang trials:

All I can suggest due to the nature of Atonement is to try and get people with the weaponskill to help get you credit for kills.

Also, the only gear that will help with damage is gear with "weaponskill dmg+"

Sadly, you're limited to generating enmity by performing job abilities for the modifier as enmity from equipment won't work.

I'm not up to date on current PLD equipment but NNI body and/or augmented Skirmish equipment can get weaponskill damage.

Try to not use haste 2 either as you will most likely time killshot incorrectly.

It is in my opinion one of the worst magian trials to undertake. Used Razed Ruins and Sea Daughter Atma to gather TP greater if you decide to do trials in Abyssea.

Yeah - its the worst by far. Atonement being based on hate sucks.
My way to get through these trials within a few hours has always been to do the following:

1. Mass pull all types of target mobs in zone with Blu and nuke them down for 3-4 respawn cycles.
2. Mass pull and sleepga.
3. Pop brew and get about 40-45 WS kills off per pull

With Burtgang, I'm having to do this:
1. Friend Mass pull
2. Friend Nukes them down to 16%
3. I toss friend a cureIV, sentinel/rampart
4. Atonement each one for roughly 1267 dmg (kills them).
Best I've done in 1 pull is 18 mobs. Some of them were one shotted by a critical hit from 16% to 0 HP.
Its still better than beating down each mob to 20% HP with Burtgang 75/80...but that doesn't mean its fun.

I'm a bit late to the Burtgang wagon, been an excal PLD for the past 7-8 years. Don't see many PLDs without an i119 burtgang these days so never bothered looking for a killing blow partner.
By Blazed1979 2016-04-26 07:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
Burtgang trials:

I just recently did this and wrote about how I went through each trial in detail. Maybe you will find some good tips in it.

Burtgang

Save all the mobs!

The Aftermath

This was helpful - if you can actually mainhand any weapon as long as Burtgang is equiped in offhand, then my Excal or Almace will help a lot.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-04-26 07:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jeffil said: »
Burtgang trials:

Burtgang

Save all the mobs!

The Aftermath

This was helpful - if you can actually mainhand any weapon as long as Burtgang is equiped in offhand, then my Excal or Almace will help a lot.

You sure can. There is even a sword with WS damage (Reikiko I think?) that would help. The new Sulevia +1 set has a feet piece with +6% WS damage as well that I would've loved to have had.
 Siren.Helldemon
user: Helldemon
By Siren.Helldemon 2016-04-27 23:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Burtgang will have far more impact on your performance in high level content than anything else you could use in that slot. If you care about the job and want to use it on high level content, make a Burt. If you don't and someone else does, guess who's probably going PLD?

And for people that don't have a billion + gil to blow since you could also make this argument for Souveran+1 gear, what are peoples other sword options? Wouldn't both Brillance and Deacon Sword be 2nd and 3rd to burtang for tanking? I figured they would be on the list of swords but they aren't or I missed it.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 137 138 139