~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 137 138 139
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-10 01:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The official forumites/termites aren't helping matters either. I tried to start a discussion {Over there} about Aegis/Ochain and non-PLDs are jumping in with how shields are fine.

>.>

Like the guy in my PLD JP thread who clearly didn't read the OP because he asked what was wrong with Reprisal, which I covered but you still had to break it down for him.

(To anyone else: Nothing is wrong with Reprisal, I was talking about Reprisal's gift possibly being bad for the job).

On that note.. Has there been any testing in that regard, or is it feasible to test?

I seriously hate people that don't play jobs but want to tell you how to play it. Can you point me to the cor forum, my cor79 wants to tell them why GEO isn't that powerful after all.
[+]
 Asura.Lanselot
Server: Asura
user: aeronx
By Asura.Lanselot 2016-02-10 01:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
There's no known changes to Ochain's block rate or block damage reduction after 90. I seem to vaguely recall doing a 99 Ochain test on the test server... Did I post that somewhere..?

So the only benefits to upgrading it further are, more MP conversion, extra VIT, and epeen. which is pretty weak gains for 1500 HMP.

Yep, you tend to spend a lot of time using Aegis. Particularly on new content where we don't know what's coming, or haven't identified the damage types involved yet.

This being part of why I'm so pissed they refused to Ilevel Aegis... it neeeeds it so bad, physically speaking. Block rate is tragic.

Yeah super disappointed in no upgrade for shields. They are holding strong to that ochain and aegis are ilvl150 comment they made it seems lol (I know A/O are not true ilvl50). Maybe when they increase the ilvl to 150 we'll get an update, probably not.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-10 01:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lanselot said: »
Yeah super disappointed in no upgrade for shields. They are holding strong to that ochain and aegis are ilvl150 comment they made it seems lol (I know A/O are not true ilvl50). Maybe when they increase the ilvl to 150 we'll get an update, probably not.

What frustrates me the most about Ochain is that Priwen can outpace it.

My FFXIAH profile is somehow wrong, my Ochain is not 99, it's 90 but Ochain 99/119 should be the best blocker in the game.

I'm fine with Priwen being as good at blocking and simultaneously blocking more while Reprisal is up, but it shouldn't be better at blocking, especially now that RME weapons have been given supremacy again.

Aegis: I wish it would block more but I'm fine if they don't want it to. Being able to be mdt hardcapped while casting is potently powerful. A fair thing they could do for Aegis is give it a chunk of -spell interruption down.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-02-10 02:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no known changes to Ochain's block rate or block damage reduction after 90. I seem to vaguely recall doing a 99 Ochain test on the test server... Did I post that somewhere..?

So the only benefits to upgrading it further are, more MP conversion, extra VIT, and epeen. which is pretty weak gains for 1500 HMP.

Yep, you tend to spend a lot of time using Aegis. Particularly on new content where we don't know what's coming, or haven't identified the damage types involved yet.

This being part of why I'm so pissed they refused to Ilevel Aegis... it neeeeds it so bad, physically speaking. Block rate is tragic.

SE gets all my enmity over that comment. Yes, they were accurate in what they said, as far as block rate goes. but naturally, no one paid any attention to the context. Just omgz it's ilvl 150. I think I did a post explaining this somewhere else on here...

I get really tired of hearing it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-02-10 02:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, there it is.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/#2844542
[+]
 Asura.Lanselot
By Asura.Lanselot 2016-02-10 02:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »

What frustrates me the most about Ochain is that Priwen can outpace it.

My FFXIAH profile is somehow wrong, my Ochain is not 99, it's 90 but Ochain 99/119 should be the best blocker in the game.

I'm fine with Priwen being as good at blocking and simultaneously blocking more while Reprisal is up, but it shouldn't be better at blocking, especially now that RME weapons have been given supremacy again.

Aegis: I wish it would block more but I'm fine if they don't want it to. Being able to be mdt hardcapped while casting is potently powerful. A fair thing they could do for Aegis is give it a chunk of -spell interruption down.

I totally agree with the idea that if you 99 ochain and subsequently if they were to 119 it that ochain should be 100% block rate imo without reprisal.

I would love -spell interruption on aegis, or like increase resistance to status effects.

Side note, I did Vir'ava and was able to resist charm with the setup I mentioned earlier in the thread. I used charm buffer for the initial charm then switched to pflug with appropriate runes, then fealty, then pflug again and didn't get charmed. At first I used Tenebrae runes but was getting charmed when I switched to Lux runes I didn't get charmed.
By aeronx 2016-02-10 02:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SE gets all my enmity over that comment. Yes, they were accurate in what they said, as far as block rate goes. but naturally, no one paid any attention to the context. Just omgz it's ilvl 150. I think I did a post explaining this somewhere else on here...

I get really tired of hearing it.

I do too, It's like ppl think they are saying something smart but really all it shows is a lack of knowledge in the mechanics of how shields work.
[+]
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-02-11 11:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

guys, i wanted to ask something that always bugged me: is defending ring absolutely needed for a pld? i mean, aegis-like needed?
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-02-11 11:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xijaah said: »
guys, i wanted to ask something that always bugged me: is defending ring absolutely needed for a pld? i mean, aegis-like needed?
Not at all, you can cap PDT/MDT/BDT tons of ways at this point you just have to sacrifice other useful stats in other slots because of it since you will have to gear differently. Its nowhere near as useful as Aegis lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-11 11:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who doesn't have a dring should be working towards a dring. Doesn't matter what jobs you play.
[+]
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2016-02-11 16:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

question on tp set, how relevant is that set compared to all the new gear out or is acro really bis for tp vs say odyssean gear
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-02-11 16:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Colonelace said: »
question on tp set, how relevant is that set compared to all the new gear out or is acro really bis for tp vs say odyssean gear
use Odyssean / Valorous set it's better than acro
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-12 03:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xijaah said: »

First, took me many many...many tries to get defending ring but it was worth it.

Others are right, you can bdt/pdt/mdt cap without defending ring (breath damage being the most difficult) but one of the nicest parts about defending ring is that it's an accessory. It stays on even as I swap to cast spells and it makes me 10% safer from any unfortunately timed damage.

Also, like Nightfyre said: Dring is useful for every single job in the game. Dring is 20% of the reason other people die/nearly die to things that barely break my mages' stoneskin.

Dring is also safe for a good long time. You never know what SE is going to do next but they'd have to obselete vocane ring before they obseleted defending ring and I just don't see that happening.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-02-20 12:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

so my friend and I are planning on low manning pld and thf so I want to boost my req. set now the guide says echimo but the pics are carmine l.. so do I want carmine and which path? I'm gonna assume the mnd+?

*edited dumb phone auto correct*
 Asura.Lanselot
By Asura.Lanselot 2016-02-21 09:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the most optimal Aeolian Edge set would be to build?
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-02-22 03:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i need to look on it
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-22 04:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've not done Reisenjima augments before so I might be wrong but it seems you can get a max of MAB +30 and 5% WS Dmg on Odyssean armour using a fern stone, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If it is the case then I believe this should be the optimal A Edge set.

ItemSet 342069

If it's not the case, then I believe max augments Jumalik Helm and 4/5 Founder's set would replace it.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-22 07:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Founder's body should be better, 21 INT and 35 MAB.
The legs should also be better too. 1 less INT for 5 more MAB.
Max augs of course, but this is easier with SR IMO than stones.
By aeronx 2016-02-22 07:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I've not done Reisenjima augments before so I might be wrong but it seems you can get a max of MAB +30 and 5% WS Dmg on Odyssean armour using a fern stone, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If it is the case then I believe this should be the optimal A Edge set.

ItemSet 342069

If it's not the case, then I believe max augments Jumalik Helm and 4/5 Founder's set would replace it.

Thanks for the set. I didn't really consider Odyssean gear, I was thinking more about the modifier stats and mab. I like gear with static augments more so then random augments. I was leaning more toward the carmine body+1, but now I would have to see if 5% WS dmg would be better then 7 int and 12 mab which is the difference between the carmine body +1 path D and an odyssean body with 30 mab and 5 WS dmg.

You bought up a good point though is whether or not WS dmg would provide more then mab on aeolin edge.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2016-02-23 08:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I just got into this job and was wondering what the consensus is on Excalibur 119+ with the new and improved aftermath. I am currently using Claidheamh Soluis , I don't intend on making Burty-bots but I know higher tier SkyV2 and Reisen will need something with 269 skill and Excalibur is a bit more obtainable for me. Would it be a better choice or should I continue with Soluis and try for that max accuracy augment?
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2016-02-23 08:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing in the game on paladin needs 269 skill.

Nothing needs burt or Excalibur. It is certainly a good sword, but the other gear you use (such as souvern +1) would be a much much stronger upgrade than making an excalibur would be. Brilliance and other swords such as Nixxer are fantastic alternatives in the meantime though.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2016-02-23 09:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok,cool. I don't see much about the Dermersal Degen so I have been presuming it isn't worth bothering with.
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-02-24 14:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I do love that Excalibur though and decided of my four relics to afterglow first since it would get the most use. However I am also working on making a Burtgang and both will have there niche uses.
 Bismarck.Arcos
Server: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2016-02-27 13:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
Hey guys, I just got into this job and was wondering what the consensus is on Excalibur 119+ with the new and improved aftermath. I am currently using Claidheamh Soluis , I don't intend on making Burty-bots but I know higher tier SkyV2 and Reisen will need something with 269 skill and Excalibur is a bit more obtainable for me. Would it be a better choice or should I continue with Soluis and try for that max accuracy augment?

I just finished my Ex119-3 last night and I haven't come across one person yet that has told me I was wrong for making it. If anything, people I had never seen before wanted to compliment me. You don't need 269 skill to hit or be useful. One difference I have noticed, I haven't had melee buffs or ACC food and I have an incredible hit rate.

I was torn between using plutons and selling plutons for HQ gear. I have tanked T3 reisen in NQ gear with nixxer so I decided to upgrade excalibur.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-02-27 18:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
so my friend and I are planning on low manning pld and thf so I want to boost my req. set. Now the guide says echimo but the pics are carmine ... so do I want carmine and which path? I'm gonna assume path B?

*bump*
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-02-27 18:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

so my friend and I are planning on low manning pld and thf so I want to boost my req. set. Now the guide says echimo but the pics are carmine ... so do I want carmine and which path? I'm gonna assume path B?

*bump*

I went path B for my PLD+BLU Requiescat sets (Head+Feet).

EDIT: Clarified which pieces.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-02-28 11:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 341516

This is my tanking set I'm aimming for (missing neck and ammo)
sword -4PDT
priwen -9DT
path D body
path C feet

So Any suggestions? i have souv head(D) hands(D) legs(D) also but i like the af3 piece just dont know if theyre better then souv or not.
Also at a loss if theres a more useful waist out there.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-28 15:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any good writeups on enmity since the changes to enmity?

As I understand it now, enmity gear does affect the decay over time from VE, which it did not when Kaeko did her testing.

Is it known if the decay rate (with no +/- enmity) is still at 60VE/sec? If a person is in +60 enmity (or would it be +100?), does their Volatile Enmity decay?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-02-28 20:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Is there any good writeups on enmity since the changes to enmity?

As I understand it now, enmity gear does affect the decay over time from VE, which it did not when Kaeko did her testing.

Is it known if the decay rate (with no +/- enmity) is still at 60VE/sec? If a person is in +60 enmity (or would it be +100?), does their Volatile Enmity decay?
Enmity+ gear now reduces CE loss when taking damage. And no, we have no idea by how much, or what the cap is. Would be a PITA to test.

There's still nothing that affects VE loss.

btw, to quote the update notes;
Quote:
"The "Enmity+X" and "Enmity-X" statistics found on equipment have undergone the following adjustments.
Those receiving damage from a foe while wearing "Enmity-X" equipment will experience greater enmity reductions, while those wearing "Enmity+X" equipment will experience lesser enmity reductions."

Now, if I'm behind the times and missed a critical update note or dev post, feel free to point me to it. But I think you've just been misunderstanding the update notes.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-28 21:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it seems you're right.

I misread something or read something that was misinformed itself.

Thanks.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 137 138 139