First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 137 138 139
 Asura.Sonsuken
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Asura.Sonsuken 2023-02-13 06:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 389786

can anyone take a look at my main tank set? I'm mainly looking at sortie, ody, and dyan d. Dyna d I'm ok in not taking to much dmg but I'm taking a lot in Odyssey. Please advise if you could.

Sakpata body is r25, working on rest as I go. All accessories from unity are upgraded.
 Carbuncle.Gokku
Server: Carbuncle
user: Gokku
By Carbuncle.Gokku 2023-02-13 06:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wearing nearly the same gear but +3, are you taking magic damage because if so helm to sakpata and agies are the swapps your missing.

In the above set I can nearly afk tank r20 kulunga with fetters and minimal support. My pld is very underleveled and content is not hitting me hard with correct sets on.
 Asura.Sonsuken
user: Slore
By Asura.Sonsuken 2023-02-13 07:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's physical dmg. I'm ML 31, good skill, great phalanx set, idk like I died pulling 2 groups before I even got back to party. Just trying to maximize my usefulness.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-02-13 07:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set that I use while pulling in Sheol C.
ItemSet 383030
There's not all that much difference there, aside from Burtgang, but that is a major factor.

What kind of buffs are you getting? Sheol C mobs have freakishly high atk, so def is actually pretty important. Cocoon from /blu, and a Minne from the BRD make a major difference in survivability.

If there's a sch or a RDM having them cast Phalanx(II) on you will get you a bit more potency, and much better duration. Recasting phalanx is one of the most dangerous moments in Sheol C. If it wears at a bad time, you can get dropped near instantly.

EDIT: Also, a SCH can cast a perpetuanced Regen V on the party before you enter Sheol that will last for most of the run, with good duration+ and Naturalist's roll. The regen can also help a lot while pulling.

Do you have a capped SIRD cure set so you can stop for just a second while pulling and cure without getting interrupted?

And finally, having movement speed+ in your set will let you stay a bit ahead of the mobs most of the time. Although you have to let them catch up and get in melee range at least once every 30 seconds or you'll start deaggroing stuff. But running at base speed will just let them pound you the whole time.

EDIT2: There's also the option of doing the pulling part in Srivatsa or Augmented Priwen, which gives a large enough chunk of DT to swap some things around for more def. But shield swapping each time you reach a camp is pretty annoying. Priwen does fine at camp though, as long as you can maintain reprisal.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
Server: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2023-02-13 09:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
This is the set that I use while pulling in Sheol C.
ItemSet 383030
There's not all that much difference there, aside from Burtgang, but that is a major factor.

What kind of buffs are you getting? Sheol C mobs have freakishly high atk, so def is actually pretty important. Cocoon from /blu, and a Minne from the BRD make a major difference in survivability.

If there's a sch or a RDM having them cast Phalanx(II) on you will get you a bit more potency, and much better duration. Recasting phalanx is one of the most dangerous moments in Sheol C. If it wears at a bad time, you can get dropped near instantly.

EDIT: Also, a SCH can cast a perpetuanced Regen V on the party before you enter Sheol that will last for most of the run, with good duration+ and Naturalist's roll. The regen can also help a lot while pulling.

Do you have a capped SIRD cure set so you can stop for just a second while pulling and cure without getting interrupted?

And finally, having movement speed+ in your set will let you stay a bit ahead of the mobs most of the time. Although you have to let them catch up and get in melee range at least once every 30 seconds or you'll start deaggroing stuff. But running at base speed will just let them pound you the whole time.

EDIT2: There's also the option of doing the pulling part in Srivatsa or Augmented Priwen, which gives a large enough chunk of DT to swap some things around for more def. But shield swapping each time you reach a camp is pretty annoying. Priwen does fine at camp though, as long as you can maintain reprisal.

I've been using Chev +3 for SHEOL C pulling. Defense, HP and chance to absorb are really nice. You do lose magic evasion which can be adjusted depending on the group you pull, similar to swapping in Aegis. I like the choice of crit reduction in yours, definitely going to apply that!
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-02-13 09:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't upgraded any Chevalier's to +3 yet. The set is... low on my priority list. But I do recall that at +3 it finally gets more def that Sakpata, mostly via really high VIT. So viable option, and a slight improvement to purely physical defenses.

Absorb... might actually be decent in this use case. You're talking a lot of hits rapidly, so many chances to proc, and absorbs proc before DT/phalanx, so it's going to cure you a whole lot more than the actual damage you'd normally take. Still, fairly small proc rate.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-23 17:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got done testing Abyssea elemental sachet absorb rates.

I used Cuelebre as my target as every single one of his attacks, including his normal attack, is earth element, and he's weak enough that I can AFK 2 hours at a time completely safely.

He attacked me 3756 times (3403 normal attacks, 353 Bai Wings), and I absorbed 121 times, giving me an absorb rate of 3.22%.

The 95% confidence interval with that sample size is 2.7%-3.8%.
Given that SE almost always programs these stats with whole percentages, it's almost certainly a 3% absorb rate.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-02-23 19:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you happen to notice if it worked on Geotic Breath or another breath? I haven't sat down and tested it but I've wondered the same for the Warder's Charm +1. There's only so much Absorb stuff out there and I'm wondering if there's a cap.

Currently, the most I've seen is the +18% on the Peltast's Mezail +3 but that only applies to Wyverns.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-23 19:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cuelebre always flies, so it doesn't ever use Geotic Breath.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-03-09 19:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m in the process of gearing up my PLD and had a few questions if you’ll all humor me.

Souv. +1 set - how much of this set is still used/considered necessary? I know the head has massive SIRD value but is the rest used for enmity+ swap? Or can the rest be skipped for the most part? The “functional” enmity set on community guide has a lot of these pieces but I’be seen others say the set is deprecated now. Shrug

Relic and AF+2/3 - according to the bg wiki pld community guide, I don’t really see any of these pieces used in much of any of the sets. AF body has massive HP+ to be used for…? What to prioritize here?

Empy +2/3 seems useful and in a lot of the “high end” tank sets with sakpata, planning on making at least the head body and feet.

Regarding swords and shields, probably going to go straight to prime shield and I have priwen in hand already, and burt would be a relatively short term goal with my ichor and Alex sitting around. How often is aegis swapped in these days?

The rest seems to be filled out with various UNM/omen/AH accessories. Anything I am missing here?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-09 19:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I’m in the process of gearing up my PLD and had a few questions if you’ll all humor me.

Souv. +1 set - how much of this set is still used/considered necessary? I know the head has massive SIRD value but is the rest used for enmity+ swap? Or can the rest be skipped for the most part? The “functional” enmity set on community guide has a lot of these pieces but I’be seen others say the set is deprecated now. Shrug

Relic and AF+2/3 - according to the bg wiki pld community guide, I don’t really see any of these pieces used in much of any of the sets. AF body has massive HP+ to be used for…? What to prioritize here?

Empy +2/3 seems useful and in a lot of the “high end” tank sets with sakpata, planning on making at least the head body and feet.

Regarding swords and shields, probably going to go straight to prime shield and I have priwen in hand already, and burt would be a relatively short term goal with my ichor and Alex sitting around. How often is aegis swapped in these days?

The rest seems to be filled out with various UNM/omen/AH accessories. Anything I am missing here?

1. I find there's still a place for all Souv +1 pieces in my sets somewhere. Good HP/Enmity pieces and I use almost all of it in cure received set.

2. Relic Hands to at least +2 for Shield Bash, Feet to +3 for Sentiel, and Head to +1 for Rampart. AF body is a good FC piece, and feet at any lvl for Holy Circle swap, only pieces really worth using.

3. Prime Shield basically replaces Ochain, and it a quick pickup, I use it most of the time. Aegis is used for T3 fights and some T2 when tanking on PLD in Odyssey, I also use it if I know I'm going to get hit with a lot of magic like super tanking Schah. It's not used all the time, but when it is used, it's irreplaceable. Burt is your definite go to sword, but in the mean time picking up a Brilliance isn't a bad idea.

That's about it, HP/Enmity pieces from Unity, some moonlight accessories, Sakpata, and you should be good.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-03-09 21:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

1) Souveran+1 is still the highest Enmity swaps PLD has. There are other swaps that can be made in some of the slots, but the set really can't be ignored.

2) Artifact & Relic +2/3 are mostly swap pieces. You should still make them. Being situationally aware of why you're using them is written in the guide iirc.

3) Aegis gets used in fights where magic damage is a primary threat. That hasn't changed.

4) Just remember, the information is there as a guide for you to make decisions that work for you.
By Galkapryme 2023-03-11 13:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on tightening up my PLD for Oddysey-C AOE tanking. These are the two sets I ended up with for tanking and SIRD in that environment.

ItemSet 390400

PLD_AOE_Tanking set is capped on DT, and focuses on base DEF and HP. Added shield bonuses, physical damage limit, enmity, and converts damage taken. Cape is PDT.

ItemSet 390399

PLD_BlueMagic_SIRD has capped DT and SIRD. Also focuses on base DEF and HP with other mild bonuses. Cape is SIRD.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-11 13:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkapryme said: »
Working on tightening up my PLD for Oddysey-C AOE tanking. These are the two sets I ended up with for tanking and SIRD in that environment.

ItemSet 390400

PLD_AOE_Tanking set is capped on DT, and focuses on base DEF and HP. Added shield bonuses, physical damage limit, enmity, and converts damage taken.

ItemSet 390399

PLD_BlueMagic_SIRD has capped DT and SIRD. Also focuses on base DEF and HP with other mild bonuses.

SIRD set appears to have 90% SIRD w/ Merits pushing it up to 100%. Due to rounding you actually need somewhere between 92-94% SIRD in gear before merits. Can always test, but you'll likely still be getting interrupted in that set.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-03-11 14:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »

ItemSet 390400

PLD_AOE_Tanking set is capped on DT, and focuses on base DEF and HP. Added shield bonuses, physical damage limit, enmity, and converts damage taken.

ItemSet 390399

PLD_BlueMagic_SIRD has capped DT and SIRD. Also focuses on base DEF and HP with other mild bonuses.

SIRD set appears to have 90% SIRD w/ Merits pushing it up to 100%. Due to rounding you actually need somewhere between 92-94% SIRD in gear before merits. Can always test, but you'll likely still be getting interrupted in that set.
I count 95% in that set. Are you accounting for Loricate's augments?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-11 14:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »

ItemSet 390400

ItemSet 390399

I count 95% in that set. Are you accounting for Loricate's augments?

Sure wasn't, totally forgot Loricate had 5% from the augment, my apologies.
By Galkapryme 2023-03-11 15:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

95 in gear, 8 in merits for 103 total. I debated using the Moonlight Necklace for the extra enmity for Geist Wall and such, but I decided that in terms of Oddy, DEF/DT was preferable.
By Galkapryme 2023-03-11 15:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

In retrospect, as much as the Duban seems to be the preferred shield for block rate, I'm leaning more towards Srivatsa for AOE tanking. If I'm getting hit from all sides, the block rate seems less important. With Reprisal up, it's 75% block rate with 75% damage reduction. For the minute that Palisade is up WITH Reprisal, it's a 97.5% block rate with 75% damage reduction.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-11 15:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Ody C
PLD being so overpowered you can literally sit there and hold mobs forever, ive started using Naegling, just drop Savage Blades to help DPS. Faster everything is dead, faster I can AFK in Rabao!
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-03-11 20:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In retrospect, as much as the Duban seems to be the preferred shield for block rate, I'm leaning more towards Srivatsa for AOE tanking. If I'm getting hit from all sides, the block rate seems less important. With Reprisal up, it's 75% block rate with 75% damage reduction. For the minute that Palisade is up WITH Reprisal, it's a 97.5% block rate with 75% damage reduction.

If you're tanking Odyssey, best practice is to get as many mobs as you can handle and line them up in front of you. Never ending To from blocks. Even still, There will still be times it makes sense to just let mobs surround you, especially on Floor 4 of C, but you can usually find a nice spot to clump them up.
By Hopalong 2023-03-11 21:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

102 SIRD is the correct amount. Anything less not worth the set and anything more superfluous.
By Beau 2023-03-13 11:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone had time to plug in the new Plat. Mog. Belt's 10%HP into their sets for the purposes of maintaining a certain HP in between sets using gearswap priority tags? Does the fact that's it's a %-based addition instead of a static amount mean it will calculate last regardless of priority tags and make it unusable in this regard? For me, I'm hovering around 3550HP in all respective sets with main weapon/shield swaps and my main goal is to replace usage of the Tuisto Earring in all sets with this new belt.
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2023-03-13 12:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
Has anyone had time to plug in the new Plat. Mog. Belt's 10%HP into their sets for the purposes of maintaining a certain HP in between sets using gearswap priority tags? Does the fact that's it's a %-based addition instead of a static amount mean it will calculate last regardless of priority tags and make it unusable in this regard? For me, I'm hovering around 3550HP in all respective sets with main weapon/shield swaps and my main goal is to replace usage of the Tuisto Earring in all sets with this new belt.

What are you doing that needs 3500 hp!?!?
[+]
By Taint 2023-03-13 13:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

3-3100 is where I keep my sets.

The belt should let me shuffle a few sets around for minor gains.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-13 15:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

do we know if it only affects base and "visible" gear like a lot of other % HP gear did? I haven't added it to my optimizer yet, but I am sure there are some gains to be had
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-03-13 16:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
do we know if it only affects base and "visible" gear like a lot of other % HP gear did? I haven't added it to my optimizer yet, but I am sure there are some gains to be had

I got the belt, but I honestly haven't gotten the chance to give my sets a serious glance yet. I can check/test tonight when I get in tonight.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-03-13 16:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

according to simon, looks like it isn't like some older hp% gear, so should be easy enough to add to my optimizer, I need to put +3 empyrean and stuff in as well, but I should be able to do that this evening
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-03-13 18:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
according to simon, looks like it isn't like some older hp% gear, so should be easy enough to add to my optimizer, I need to put +3 empyrean and stuff in as well, but I should be able to do that this evening

So no need to check then?
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131 ... 137 138 139