2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 137 138 139
By Aricomfy 2021-02-10 12:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
Just out of curiosity whats your acc look like with that set on.

I'm doing the math myself on this. I'm getting 1,272 ACC with Enlight II. 1,275 ACC if you use an Aurgelmir Orb +1. 1,310 ACC if you use Srivatsa.

If you use Srivatsa, that'll be 3,144 HP instead of 2,994. Just putting it out there.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-10 12:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Aricomfy said: »
If you're /WAR, your DA would be at 80% with AM3 up.
Are you adding the OA2 proc rate for AM3 to the DA value? Cause that's not how this works. The two are not additive.

Multi hit is checked in order, QA>TA>DA>OAX/AM3. If DA procs, AM3 does not get checked for. So DA gear reduces your chances to see a AM3 proc. So your actual chances of hitting twice per round are not going to be anything like 80%.

This set has poor synergy for AM3 TP. AM3 favors STP. DA has greatly diminished returns with AM3 up, although it is still a slight dps gain.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-10 12:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
If you're /WAR, your DA would be at 80% with AM3 up.
Are you adding the OA2 proc rate for AM3 to the DA value? Cause that's not how this works. The two are not additive.

Multi hit is checked in order, QA>TA>DA>OAX/AM3. If DA procs, AM3 does not get checked for. So DA gear reduces your chances to see a AM3 proc. So your actual chances of hitting twice per round are not going to be anything like 80%.

This set has poor synergy for AM3 TP. AM3 favors STP. DA has greatly diminished returns with AM3 up, although it is still a slight dps gain.

I wasn't sure if it stacked or not and was worried about that. I know using a mythic weapon means the best thing to do is aim for Store TP the majority of the time which kind of puts me in a weird place with the Sakpata's set. From what it looks like, only one piece in the set has a STP augment and it isn't even that much. I feel like the rest of the stats, defensive-wise outshines any losses and the difference between using the old hybrid sets and Sakpata would probably be barely noticable.

I guess Sakpata shines the brightest when you're trying to get up to 3000 TP at the start of the fight? L-Lol...?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-10 12:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think -41 STP is going to be pretty damn noticeable for an AM3 TP set. (to clarify, this is the STP change going from my current high HP hybrid set to 5/5 sakpata, neck had to change as well to make up for HP loss.)

While this set is my new MevaHybrid, and my MEvaTank set, I'm not sure it will be going anywhere near my Hybrid DPS and Atonement spam TP sets. The hit to TP gain is going to be painful. Will add to dps sheets and mess with it later though.

I do agree on the Pre AM3 TP though. It may be pretty good for that. lol.
By Ozaii 2021-02-10 12:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I think -41 STP is going to be pretty damn noticeable for an AM3 TP set. (to clarify, this is the STP change going from my current high HP hybrid set to 5/5 sakpata, neck had to change as well to make up for HP loss.)

While this set is my new MevaHybrid, and my MEvaTank set, I'm not sure it will be going anywhere near my Hybrid DPS and Atonement spam TP sets. The hit to TP gain is going to be painful. Will add to dps sheets and mess with it later though.

I do agree on the Pre AM3 TP though. It may be pretty good for that. lol.

Yea thinking of the new stuff being nice when you want to engage and also avoid amnesia and stuff. Or like windy dyna yago that spam doom.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-02-10 13:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes dropping your AM3 less punishing if you need a shield swap. ALSO Phalanx Pants!
 Asura.Madotsukii
Server: Asura
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2021-02-11 13:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

At last, after 10,000 years... some damn good accessible M.Eva pieces. While they won't see use in mythic AM3 set, some of these look really nice for greatsword TP. At the very least I think Sakpata body and gloves would beat out my current Emichio body and gloves.
 Cerberus.Castien
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Castien 2021-02-11 23:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just Curious if anyone has experimented for fun with using Club on pld? Just trying to spice it up abit, but looking for some ideas for a WS set for Hexa Strike and Black Halo
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-12 01:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Castien said: »
Just Curious if anyone has experimented for fun with using Club on pld? Just trying to spice it up abit, but looking for some ideas for a WS set for Hexa Strike and Black Halo
Maybe I'm misremembering (or sleep deprived) but PLD doesn't get access to Hexa Strike. Black Halo is literally the same set as Savage Blade however.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-12 01:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It does with Beryllium Mace. That and Divinity is the 2 only ilvl 119 clubs for Pld, which is odd for a A- skill class job.
Edit: oh and Blurred Rod c.c
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-12 01:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be simpler to dump 20 Merits into Realmrazer and not have to lock yourself into a specific Mace, but that's just my 2 cents. '-')

Edit: Double checked, you can definitely shift a CdC-based build over to be a Hexa Strike build and call it a day there. Realm on the other hand is largely just a Attack heavy build so something like 5/5 Relic+3 with 0 Multi-attack and STP wherever you can feasibly stuff it since it's already an 8-hitter.

Well shucks, now I'll need to test this out during CP campaign. '-')
 Bahamut.Omegus
Server: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-02-12 07:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

With this new set does it make almace and Excalibur more viable? Especially if you want to be more dd focused I imagine If you are well over attack cap almace white damage will go up quite a chunk.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-12 07:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omegus said: »
With this new set does it make almace and Excalibur more viable? Especially if you want to be more dd focused I imagine If you are well over attack cap almace white damage will go up quite a chunk.

Probably not the answer you're looking for but Almace & Excalibur are already viable if you build around them. Relic and/or Empyrean Aftermaths both gain more benefit from Multi-Attack procs over the STP-heavy builds that Mythics utilize.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-12 08:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
Just out of curiosity whats your acc look like with that set on.

I'm doing the math myself on this. I'm getting 1,272 ACC with Enlight II. 1,275 ACC if you use an Aurgelmir Orb +1. 1,310 ACC if you use Srivatsa.

In light of the community just discovering the full augments for the new armor sets, your accuracy when using 5/5 R30 Sakpata is now at 1,347 with Enlight II. 1,352 if you use an Aurgelmir Orb +1. 1,387 if you use Srivatsa. This is before food. So, it's safe to say we won't be missing any swings. Ever.

Also, the Store TP on the hands is now at +8 from the previous +4, so there's that.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-12 09:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Castien said: »
First time I've used club in a bit. XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yME0SjzO6Is
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-02-12 10:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the best club for pld and war still Divinity from SR?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-13 21:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have pics, and not gonan scour the thread but:

Just did Wave3 tonight (as PLD/DRK), and tried to new PLD/WAR/DRK set against Mijin.

took 200, 350, and highest was 920 (volte shinobi). (this was WITHOUT rampart, and optimization with accessories)
[+]
By Aricomfy 2021-02-13 22:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
Is the best club for pld and war still Divinity from SR?

Loxotic Mace +1 R15 is the best for WAR. Not sure about PLD, but after watching that video, I'm also pretty interested in knowing which one would be the best. Wonder how Hexa Strike and Realmrazer will work with the Sakpata set.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-13 23:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld only gets Divinity, Beryllium Mace and Blurred Rod.
By DaneBlood 2021-02-20 00:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to tidy up pld to be a bit usefull
This is my current TP/tanking set please let me know if im on the right path or tottaly wrong and what i can quickly improved or should work towards

main={ name="Burtgang", augments={'Path: A',}},
sub="Aegis",
ammo="Staunch Tathlum",
head="Hjarrandi Helm",
body="Hjarrandi Breast.",
hands="Flam. Manopolas +2",
legs={ name="Souveran Diechlings", augments={'HP+80','Enmity+7','Potency of "Cure" effect received +10%',}},
feet={ name="Souveran Schuhs", augments={'HP+80','Enmity+7','Potency of "Cure" effect received +10%',}},
neck={ name="Kgt. Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Tempus Fugit,
left_ear="Telos Earring",
right_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ring="Petrov Ring",
right_ring="Defending Ring",
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Mag. Evasion+15',}},

My priority is not on damaged unless for emnity generation as i will mostly be pld on alliance events. so instead surviveability and enmnity generation is what i want to focus on

Anyoew with a pre odyssey gearset savage blade set ?
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-20 05:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally like Martel's Hybrid AM3 set
ItemSet 376661
3048 HP, 68% PDT. 1120 ACC(1257 with Enlight II.)
Augs: Cape DEX/ACC/ATK/STP/PDT,
Odnowa:R15, Vim:R15, Souveran feet:C
Can swap neck for Combatants Torque, for extra shield skill.
[+]
 Bismarck.Balguss
Server: Bismarck
user: Balguss
By Bismarck.Balguss 2021-02-20 08:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How about this for Srivatsa Hybrid?

ItemSet 378188

HP 3141, 68% PDT, ACC 1135 before enlight II. Shield Skill is 688 with reprisal up and have +16 block chance. Could maybe swap souv. schuhs to reverence+3 for more skill and acc.

Cape augs: Block rate +5 acc/attack +20 acc +10 DEX +20.
Zwazo R15
Souveran hand path D feet path C.
By Taint 2021-02-20 09:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 378188

Sakpata really opens up some solid Hybrids with Almace/Excal/Moralltach.

ItemSet 351749
By Aricomfy 2021-02-21 02:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 374953

R15 Ajax +1, R15 Odnowa Earring +1, R15 Gelatinous Ring +1, Odyssean Greaves: FC +6%, Cape: FC +10% PDT -10%

Results:
Fast Cast +45%
HP 3,700
Reprisal Duration: 1:18
Without any Haste: 1:47 Recast
With Haste: 1:27 Recast
With Haste II: 1:05 Recast
Capped Haste: 0:46 Recast

With the addition of Sakpata's Sword and its gracious 100 HP and 10% Fast Cast, I figured it gives us enough room to throw in Odyssean Greaves to make the window of opportunity for maintaining Reprisal full time a little bit more forgiving.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-21 12:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 378205

Cape: HP +80, Eva +20/M.Eva +20, M.Eva +15, Enmity +10

Using this exact set, I was able to resist the Stuns and Amnesia 99.9% of the time in this months V1 VD Ambuscade. I say 99.9% because they sometimes do land but they barely last for a third of a second, so you don't even realize you had either of them unless you looked at the chat to see them wear off the moment you get hit. I didn't have a Magic Evasion build before I got this set, and going from the regular full Sovereign turtle set to this set was incredible. I actually was forced to turn off my lua before I got this set to prevent myself from dying, but now I can keep it on and it's pretty chill the whole fight.

I know it's not ultra optimized or anything, it's just what I slapped together at the time just for testing purposes and the results were already great so I wanted to share it. I will say this though, it was a bit more tricky holding hate on those two Iron Giants with the lack of Enmity on the Sakpata pieces, but it was still easy enough.

(Also, the bug about one of the pieces having Killer Effect instead of the described DT -X% is a bummer for now but keep it in mind, the set I posted has -45% DT because of the bug but will be over capped when it's fixed)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-21 16:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakpata's is ridiculous and glorious. But it's also reminding me of the ilvl growing pains we had back before the 119 gear selection was fleshed out.

That situation where you've got great new gear, but any time you swap out of it for some other action, your stats drop through the floor and you get wrecked...

We now have excellent meva. On one set. And while Sakpata's is very good, with its meva, DT, and acc combo, it can't do everything. No enmity+, no cure+, low HP compared to souveran, and so on.

I've got a 700+ meva idle/tank set, and ~350+ meva casting sets.

So it's either, be very careful about when you cast(not conductive to rapid enmity generation), or cast in Sakpata hybrid casting sets(gimp as eff potency.) Oh, and SIRD in full sakpata's is just hopeless altogether.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-21 16:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like we're actually gonna have to start actually using Choral roll !? Say it aint so
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-21 17:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, if I had a cor that would actually do that... I've seen it happen before though! Cause my co-tank in namis was dualboxing a cor in the tank party. lol.

My dream SIRD solution though... is SE making rampart fulltime-able, then doing 5/5 Iron Will. You'd be at 105% with just Iron will and SIRD merits. No gear required.

But there's no way SE is doing that. -_-
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-21 17:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing I dislike more than lazy support. You're job is not that hard.
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-21 17:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Now, now children lets get along.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 137 138 139