Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-13 18:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Ulthakptah said: »
5-10% behind? thf and dnc are pretty much on par with blu and sam right now.

if your party is managing skillchains properly, no job can come remotely close to THF's short term or long term burst capabilities. maybe dnc, dont know anything about that and how reasonable it is to stack onto rudra with DNC like THF does.

Dancer with 100 job points can back to back climatic flourish rudras for 1st rudra 20k then second rudra 25 k plus 30k skillchain without buffs.
[+]
By cervelo84 2015-03-13 20:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

it won't be a bad nerf I am sure. Ok so maybe instead of 5-6k it does 4.5-5.6k
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-13 20:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
it won't be a bad nerf I am sure. Ok so maybe instead of 5-6k it does 4.5-5.6k
That's what I'm thinking as well.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-13 20:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The lesson SE and the community teaches us is:

If you enjoy dual wielding fast weapons to do damage then your idea of fun is wrong.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-13 20:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would they bother nerfing the inferior options as well if it was going to be such a gentle nerf?
[+]
By Chyula 2015-03-13 20:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

If you enjoy dual wielding fast weapons to do damage then your idea of fun is wrong.

SE going to buff Hi, There is still hope they'll boost Hi to current Rudra's level.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-13 21:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »

SE going to buff Hi, There is still hope they'll boost Hi to current Rudra's level.

I don't recall leveling NIN, but I guess that's good for those who did.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-13 22:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless something has come out very recently, SE is going to buff Blade: Kamu, not Blade: Hi.
 Asura.Shinjobi
user: Shini
By Asura.Shinjobi 2015-03-14 00:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Buff WAR some and I'll just bite my tongue on Rudra's. Been trying to gear up my WAR, but getting invites to stuff is like pulling teeth, so I switched to THF and enjoyed a brief moment in the sun.

Oh well.
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-14 00:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shinjobi said: »
Buff WAR some and I'll just bite my tongue on Rudra's. Been trying to gear up my WAR, but getting invites to stuff is like pulling teeth, so I switched to THF and enjoyed a brief moment in the sun.

Oh well.
War is powerful now, fencer V and savage blade with Sangarius +1. Toss in the tp bonus mooncharm you would only need 1250tp to be doing 10.25 ftp weaponskills. That's only going to get stronger once empy pants get reforged.
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2015-03-14 02:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

THF was too weak and now it's too strong. Need to balance it. I'm actually welcoming of the THF nerf coming from a career thf. Definitely OP as hell. The strongest/highest dmg DPS is a bit rediculous. Thf shouldn't be that strong.
By palladin9479 2015-03-14 03:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
Asura.Shinjobi said: »

Oh well.
War is powerful now, fencer V and savage blade with Sangarius +1. Toss in the tp bonus mooncharm you would only need 1250tp to be doing 10.25 ftp weaponskills. That's only going to get stronger once empy pants get reforged.

That only works when your not being buffed. Once that happens it's back to /SAM because the 10% from hasso means that much more. Sword + Shield is still the worst DPS combo in the game due to how delay scaling works. Currently WAR, DRK, DRG and MNK are quite far behind THF / BLU / DNC.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2015-03-14 03:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kiyara said: »
THF was too weak and now it's too strong. Need to balance it. I'm actually welcoming of the THF nerf coming from a career thf. Definitely OP as hell. The strongest/highest dmg DPS is a bit rediculous. Thf shouldn't be that strong.
Except it wasnt, it was still behind sam.
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2015-03-14 03:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Your gimp *** THF is/was still behind SAMs, certainly. Not the case for the ones with half a clue.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-03-14 04:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jysthea said: »

Your gimp *** THF is/was still behind SAMs, certainly. Not the case for the ones with half a clue.

pure math tell me you can't beat sam's dmg without a dummy to SA or TA on. just the job itself crunching numbers thf will get smoked.
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-14 05:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

pure math tell me you can't beat sam's dmg without a dummy to SA or TA on. just the job itself crunching numbers thf will get smoked.

So thf isn't allowed to play to it's top ability but sam can?
Sht lets take away sam's gkt/bow and see how they fair to a whm with hexa strike

Or how about we take away sam ws and let thf and sam go at it in auto attack.

You are trying to make unfair conditions for one job just so it can win. Give both jobs a full chance with good players and see who wins.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-14 05:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares about job epeen anymore. How about the SAM and THF work together to make things go splat faster than if they were competing for parse numbers. Killing Muyingwa in just 6 WSs for example, is pretty entertaining.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-03-14 05:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »

Sht lets take away sam's gkt/bow and see how they fair to a whm with hexa strike

You are trying to make unfair conditions for one job just so it can win. Give both jobs a full chance with good players and see who wins.

How is it unfair?, job by job without another job influence thf's dps will not come close to sam. The broken part is not thf's ws dmg, what break the game is the skillchain multiplier that should have a cap instead of the 99.99k dmg you see. that is what skewed the numbers. 30k rudra ain't ***when you factor in the time it take to get 300tp and SATA's cooldown. the interval you get 3000tp and have SA or TA up, SAM would have self chained 2x and you add all those number up, thf will not even come close to beating sam's dmg.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-14 05:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Who cares about job epeen anymore. How about the SAM and THF work together to make things go splat faster than if they were competing for parse numbers. Killing Muyingwa in just 6 WSs for example, is pretty entertaining.

Agreed. Why are people so hung up on the highest damage when other DDs can bring great damage as well? Is the current content so hard that people need epeen damage at all times to succeed? Has any content ever been that hard besides the initial learning period?

I like being able to say now "what job do you want to bring?" instead of "SAM BRD GEO stun do you have it?". If people are getting so bored winning on optimal setups, why not explore other setups even for fun since the buffs from the last few updates let us do that?
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-14 06:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Unless something has come out very recently, SE is going to buff Blade: Kamu, not Blade: Hi.
This is the last I saw also, due to Kamu not receiving the buff it was supposed to when the other WS were buffed.
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-14 12:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah right? That's sort of like using incursion as a base line for thf being better than sam. An event where amnesia is common and the DD with hate tends to have their weapon knocked out of their hands. Thf is so good at incursion it's almost like the event was designed for them.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-14 12:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Agreed. Why are people so hung up on the highest damage when other DDs can bring great damage as well? Is the current content so hard that people need epeen damage at all times to succeed? Has any content ever been that hard besides the initial learning period?

Yeah, I really don't understand why everyone has to jump around and keep playing whatever job they think is the "best" or "strongest."

Play whatever job you want to play, for fun. Is that so complicated?
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-14 13:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How is it unfair?, job by job without another job influence thf's dps will not come close to sam. The broken part is not thf's ws dmg, what break the game is the skillchain multiplier that should have a cap instead of the 99.99k dmg you see. that is what skewed the numbers. 30k rudra ain't ***when you factor in the time it take to get 300tp and SATA's cooldown. the interval you get 3000tp and have SA or TA up, SAM would have self chained 2x and you add all those number up, thf will not even come close to beating sam's dmg.

How do you not see it isn't unfait, you are allowing sam to play at top ability but not thf. You flat out said take out a factor that boost thf dmg but you leave sam the same.

Also why does everyone think thf has to hold tp until 300 to deal dmg? I actually get better DPS only holding until 150-175 tp with moonshade. You can still do 30k rudra at 175 with moonshade. Not to mention Rudra being able to pop 10k without being stacked, why is this still so hard to see months after the update?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-14 13:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Quote:

Yeah, I really don't understand why everyone has to jump around and keep playing whatever job they think is the "best" or "strongest."

It's not fun to play a job that deals sub par damage.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-14 13:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Quote:

That makes no sense... For a long time, mnk was one of the most powerful jobs in varied content and it's one of the most boring jobs to play.
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2015-03-14 13:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

They let SAM go unchecked for years. THF is good for 3 months and they gimp it naturally. This is all on the community of people that played WAR SAM DRK etc. I can't act like I didn't see this coming though for whatever reason this was the loudest people ever shouted for something to be gimped that I can remember. I was THF before and will continue to play it. Very unfortunate to see other weaponskills besides RS nerfed but I guess we wait and see might not be too hard of a nerf but I'm figuring it will be. THF has always had its place when you know what you are doing despite what the gimps and the trolls have to say about it. I was holding up well before update in content but the difference was that it was nearly impossible for someone to let you in on THF. Even if its not a big nerf I'm sure the ignorance of people will lead this to being the case again. O well congrats on getting THF nerfed for those of you that have clamored for it from the day it got buffed. You can now go back to wearing your Tsu and full skirmish armor and having a false sense that you are a good SAM. I also won't miss the gimp THFs that insist they are good wearing full 117 gear and an emet harness so that's my silver lining of this nerf.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-14 13:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Quote:

That makes no sense... For a long time, mnk was one of the most powerful jobs in varied content and it's one of the most boring jobs to play.

I actually agree with both of you, I hated mnk when it was most dominate job and I refused to play it, I went drk to everything instead, which by the way was a very stubborn move that got me almost nowhere back then.

I still hate mnk cause it is like watching paint dry to me. Thankfully I enjoyed thf the first time I played it back in 2007 otherwise I would have been like so many sam's and hated the rudra update.

On the same note I agree with Amymy, it isn't fun to play war or drg anymore, they just get flat ***on everywhere now.

Asura.Dakenx said: »
They let SAM go unchecked for years. THF is good for 3 months and they gimp it naturally. This is all on the community of people that played WAR SAM DRK etc. I can't act like I didn't see this coming though for whatever reason this was the loudest people ever shouted for something to be gimped that I can remember. I was THF before and will continue to play it. Very unfortunate to see other weaponskills besides RS nerfed but I guess we wait and see might not be too hard of a nerf but I'm figuring it will be. THF has always had its place when you know what you are doing despite what the gimps and the trolls have to say about it. I was holding up well before update in content but the difference was that it was nearly impossible for someone to let you in on THF. Even if its not a big nerf I'm sure the ignorance of people will lead this to being the case again. O well congrats on getting THF nerfed for those of you that have clamored for it from the day it got buffed. You can now go back to wearing your Tsu and full skirmish armor and having a false sense that you are a good SAM. I also won't miss the gimp THFs that insist they are good wearing full 117 gear and an emet harness so that's my silver lining of this nerf.
^ One of the few good thf on Asura
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-14 13:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got banned from the OF for a post in that thread where we're discussing the THF and SAM 'adjustments', and the post was deleted.

Since I can't talk about this there, I want to bring it up here.

With the ability to unlock Rudra's Storm, a THF, with Mandau, and the Mythic WS unlocked, now has access to all four level two skillchain properties. I cannot replicate it, because my THF gear is too shitty for it, but if I was just a little bit closer to the attack speed cap, I'm pretty sure as long as something could live through it, I could cycle through Evisceration/Mercy Stroke->Exenterator/Shark Bite->Rudra's Storm->Mandalic Stab and back through that over and over and over as long as I didn't get interrupted.

I know from personal experience doing the same thing on my SAM deals a lot of damage very quickly.

So that's something that I know SAM can do, and I'm 99% positive THF can do, and both SAM and THF are being 'adjusted' according to the dev post.

Thoughts?

edit: in re: the mandau, Mercy Stroke has a fTP of 6, iirc, which is what they just buffed Rudra's to at 1kTP. So a Mandau THF has access to two hard hitting WSes that could be used in long L2 chains.
By Ulthakptah 2015-03-14 14:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Off the record and away from the OF, I think they should take rudra's down a hair, Mandalic and Mercy Stroke up a hair, and Shark bite up a whole rabbit. That way thf will have 4 big closers that could be stacked after any t2 skillchain. Naturally You can't say Rudra's needs a nerf on the OF because SE will take that to mean how it was before the update was good. It's like there is no middle ground with them.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-14 14:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivlilla said: »
With the ability to unlock Rudra's Storm, a THF, with Mandau, and the Mythic WS unlocked, now has access to all four level two skillchain properties. I cannot replicate it, because my THF gear is too shitty for it, but if I was just a little bit closer to the attack speed cap, I'm pretty sure as long as something could live through it, I could cycle through Evisceration/Mercy Stroke->Exenterator/Shark Bite->Rudra's Storm->Mandalic Stab and back through that over and over and over as long as I didn't get interrupted.
Fortunately, a Mandau isn't needed. But yes, it's possible to keep continuous skillchains going with capped attack speed and a fair amount of multi-attacks (helped by weapons like Atoyac, Vajra, etc.). As with most jobs, using a Homestead weapon makes it pretty effortless to self-SC, making Reives a lot easier. As far as I can tell, there are only 4 jobs that have all level 2 SC properties on one weapon without requiring a relic: SAM, THF, PLD, and BST. Including relic WSs, DRG and RDM are added to that list.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 201 202 203